Kairos Ward- Attached no more

Dawn. How long had he been up? He didn’t really know. There were so many problems constantly erupting across the galaxy, but for once Kairos was trying to live in the moment that he was living. It was a problem that he’d only just begun to really take note of: that he was trying to constantly think of everything at one time. Each problem, each grudge, each annoyance he was always constantly trying to take it on. This had led to him believing that he could resist the dark side because of how weak that he felt he was. And he believed that, because of that, he was constantly in everyone’s way. Which had led him to want to prove himself useful. Which…along with his disobedience had led him to his saber being confiscated.

He glanced at the lightfoil that now lay on his table; he’d christened it Faith so that he could solidify his own faith. He’d sacrificed himself for the sake of something stupid and so he was now reaping the rewards of it and it wasn’t worth it. He didn’t care about his saber having been confiscated, nor even the kyber. It was a chance to pull himself back, a chance to relax and think and recenter and refocus. Vandar’s words slightly stuck with him. His failure…

Yet his dad’s words came back to him for once, as he gazed at the lightfoil again: “Remember Kairos, failure is just a chance to learn; not an ending but a continuation.” He didn’t play with the lightfoil though, didn’t take it apart. For that tool there was no need. It would still serve the same purpose as his saber: self-discipline. He didn’t care to practice now though. He still had things that he wanted to do before he meditated and slept. Abigael was one for the next few days anyways.

He pulled out the datapad he hid in the desk and set it back down again. Unlike all of his other datapads, this one was older, well cared for, but older; it couldn’t connect to the holonet and only had one file. He tapped the button in the center. It took a few seconds, but a holoprojector showed up a small rutian twi’lek. Her skin was quite blue, unlike the lighter blue of Ali’s, and he lekku weren’t as long, indicating how young she was. But he remembered her as if he was still looking at her.

“Hello Yim’havi,” he said with a smile.

“Hey Kai! C’mon!” She waved him forward and ran off. This was yet another test for him. He sat in silent meditation, focusing on that day, on that time and remembered and recalled. It was time for him to truly start letting go of attachments. The first hurdle. The first stone. Here was the start of all the difficulty and anger. He’d managed to get past the anger of his mother’s death, but this started it all. All of the resentment that he’d once gathered in his life.

“…I’m sorry, Yim. I have to disappoint you, too. I have to let you go.” For the first time in a meditation as deep as this, no tears fell from his face.

1 Like

The Nebula Freedom floated out in space; all power had been cut, the engines weren’t firing, even the retro-engines to keep him in orbit were dead. To anyone passing him, he might’ve seemed like he’d been shot by pirates, but there was no carbon scoring, no signs of battle. The inside was only slightly better, Ali’shari was out, Abigael was asleep and Zalea was off elsewhere and so Kairos begun his work, the same as he always did. Regular workout of pushup, situps and leg lifts. It was the usual for him. But…his mind kept drifting back to where he’d messed up.

He’d been sitting in the center of the ship, meditating. How many hours had it been? Had it been a day, perhaps? The death of the engines, and hyperdrive, the blackening of the cockpit, the entire ship had become a literal deprivation chamber for meditation. He knew that the Temple had such a chamber for direct meditation, but there was something else about being out in space, always felt like being off planet was better for himself. There was always something about the freedom of space, he always felt like it was much easier for him to connect to the force out there, where there were no distractions, just the vacuum. It was here where he’d first practiced premonition entirely on his own. That had been a mistake and the sheer gravity of that screw up only solidified itself out here in the nothingness.

He’d been eager, too eager and thought himself ready for more than he had been, that wasn’t anything to punish himself for. The Order was teaching him, Master Shax was teaching him. Yet some words had stuck to his heart, words from the Revanites. In the moment, they didn’t pain him, but now? In the aching void of his own thoughts, they stuck to him, clinging to his soul, injuring and gnawing at him. His own inner darkness, that anger chewed away, corroding him. Enough was enough. It was time to deal with the root of the problem, finally. He removed the lightsaber from his belt and sat it in front of him. In this instant, what was needed wasn’t a weapon. The saber shuddered a few minutes before opening, parts rending off as the crystal floated in front of him, its own emission of the force blending with his own. He concentrated, diving deeper into his own thoughts than he had in a while.

The world bled, dripped crumbled and fell away to the golden light before him. The light guided him, as it always had, as it continued to. Within there was nothing. Atop the blank canvas of the galaxy and across the stars of eternity, it seemed he would trek to got to where he was going. He took a step and a ripple fired into the vast emptiness. He was barely aware of his breathing in meditation this deep, but he kept going. Each step, slow and laborious, sent ripples out into the darkness. How far it went, he didn’t know. How deep in he was already? A mystery. Yet each step carried the same words: Trust in the Force.

A shadow leapt in front of him from the darkness and he stopped. It begged and pleaded with him to turn back, that where he was going led to nowhere good, that it would make him dead inside. The form took shape: Zaina. He gave a gentle smile, passing through the shade as it screamed to him that nothing awaited him that way. That in that direction was only the surrendering of his own ambitions. Words of the past. The road behind him was already gone and the only path was forward.

Then came Nrrax to tell him all about how pathetic he was. Kairos merely chuckled as he forged ahead; the trandoshan had his own issues that he had to work through and it was nothing Kairos could help with at the moment. Then was Skyva asking why he didn’t have his saber back already, asking how he could possibly forge ahead like this. But he had no words for her, at least not words she would really understand, and the path ahead was still long. Each footstep a further echo on his path and at the moment something was awaiting him ahead.

A tower was slowly coming into view, still the distance was far to travel, and he got the feeling that there was more behind the tower that he couldn’t see yet, and so onward he trudged. The path was getting harder to walk now, though. The echoes were going shorter distances and sometimes did move at all, and he was getting bogged down. But he refused to relent. Somewhere in front of him was the truth that he was seeking and he was nowhere close. That was when Aiven appeared. He didn’t dislike the man, but was only polite with him. Still from this ghost he got the same disdain that he always felt like Aiven gave others, the almost oozing thought that he felt he was better than those around him. It made Kairos’s skin crawl and yet the ghost kept trying to move in front of him as he walked. Each word was about how Kairos was more capable than the council, than the Order, seemed to be giving him credit for. But Kairos knew, at this point, that each and every word was nothing but a ploy.

“Come now, Kairos; surely you’ve seen it for yourself. The Council doesn’t trust those that they haven’t trained since childhood!”

Yet still his feet marched, despite the man’s insistence, his pleading and cajoling. Before long, even Aiven had faded away. The moments of peace, when they’d had tea for instance, still sat on his mind, but by this point he didn’t pay it much attention. There would be time enough for reminiscing when the journey was over and long still there was before that happened.

His steps were even harder now, and a storm had begun overhead. A manifestation appeared before him, yet again. The horns that appeared before him denoted Sarkell, something of a ghost that appeared now and then, yet new that he was more than he was always letting on. Her words didn’t taunt and tease him, though they haunted him nonetheless. It had taken will to simply tell her no, but her telling him she would have to ask him next time clung to him and here she was, once more, plying these words. They echoed in his ears, as she sat in meditation looking up at him and for a few moments, his feet felt too heavy to move. Yet he was insistent and finally he pried himself free of the muck and kept going towards the tower.

Lightning crashed against it, rain drove at him and chilled him to his core, and the wind whipped at him and tried to push him back. Yet with each slip, he rose, with each push he pressed on and the light only assisted in showing him the way. A long figure stood at the entrance to the tower, the last obstacle on his journey and he knew who it was without even needing to think. She stood there, armor, cowl and all, helmet up.

“Kairos.” He didn’t answer. “Oh, please. Are you still under this asinine order to not speak to me? Don’t you see how idiotic this is?” Silence was all that the shadow received. “…I’m here to offer you a gift. Much like Sarkell, this is the only time that I will offer it to you.” Slowly she procured a saber from behind her and ignited it. Red as with all of theirs and she held the hilt out to him, blade pointed to her. An eyebrow raised. “Kill me. Do it now and you will take out a pillar of support for the Revanites. Think of how you’ll be hailed!” Slowly he reached out and took the saber from her, blade still pointing towards her chest. The same determined stare as the blade suddenly retracted and he tossed the saber behind him. “…you fool. You plan to allow me to live, just so that I can hate you?!” Kairos pushed past, unlike the others this one had physicality and so he simply nudged her out of his way, continuing even as she grabbed hold of his arm. “You will never escape it! You’ve tasted it and now it will always tempt you! Existing in the corner of your mind! A wicked shadow!” He was dragging the shade with him. Before him he could see Brokisee Shax, his master and teacher, and as he passed through the threshold he felt her hand wrench itself away as the storm faded. The rough, yet gentle pat of his master’s hand on his shoulder and the smile hit his face. The journey was not yet over, that much was clear, yet he’d at least overcome those same temptations that had bogged him down when he’d first started. Ahead, the road stretched out to eternity.

2 Likes

Kairos sat in the cockpit of his ship, thinking. He’d already told the Order that he wouldn’t be available today and by the force he meant it, the only problem was in deciding what, exactly, he was going to do. He’d considered just sitting in the dock for the day, but that carried risks that he just wasn’t comfortable with. Kathea had attempted to speak with him that first day; he was beginning to notice a problem of wearing his heart on his sleeve. Sohma was far too advanced a student in the dark side to not have noticed and her talking to him last night had confirmed that. But she was also a fool, despite her knowledge of the dark side. Her offers for help, and words that he would keep suffering with the jedi, that his meditations wouldn’t help were tripe. Even when he completed this meditation, there would still be pain, a great deal of pain. That, in and of itself, wouldn’t change but what would change is that he could at least come to terms with it and finally get out of the shadow of Marh.

The ship’s thrusters belched flames as they sprang into life, the world suddenly shifted. It wasn’t the best made ship, this one, but she was his and at least had been fairly reliable though the hyperdrive needed a lotta work. He’d tuned it fairly well to the point that he didn’t need to worry about it popping any computing modules at least. There were other problems of course, but he would make a new ship later. One with a better hyperdrive, perhaps some better weapons. That was a project for a later time. He still had to get better with his smithing and make… He sighed. The entire point of this was to get away from that, to get away from everything, really.

He was up in orbit and used sublight to get a fair distance from the planet, avoiding the many pirate vessels in the area. When he gotten far enough away, he shut down all unnecessary functions on the ship. Gravito module and life support were the only two things getting power now. To any ship in the sector he’d be nothing but floating debris. The pirates didn’t really care about ships like that, as was evidenced from the shipwreck out in the center. There wasn’t anything to fear from them. The only thing that concerned him was—And that was when he felt it, a darkness at the edge of the system, radiating from there al the way to him. It was either Sohma, Aiven or Koyee and he didn’t really fancy a run in with any of them.

Immediately the cockpit blared to life, RFID tracker working furiously, though he didn’t care to know the ID, he only wanted out and away from the system. If he got far enough away then they wouldn’t know where he was.

The scanners blared into life, whatever ship it was had turned in his direction and was starting to head his way. Was it Sohma? Did it matter? Comms began flashing, a request to establish communication. He cut it off. He wasn’t going to bother talking.

“…kriffing… If that’s you, Sohma, just go and bother someone else. I know you’re trying to take Doma just go and bother her since you want her so badly… You can’t help, no matter what you think.”

The ship suddenly came back on all at once, and the thrusters fired. Yet his ship was…inadequate compared to whomever it was that was chasing him and so there was only one choice: lightspeed. But… there was a problem with that. He didn’t have the coordinates for any planet that he could input fast enough. His mind raced, his heart beat fast. They wouldn’t shoot him down, would they? No they weren’t malakite, whoever they were, but they might try to dock, for all he knew…

For a few seconds, he panicked feeling the fear and paranoia and anger and pain grow; he shouldn’t have opened that door, shouldn’t have let it out. Shouldn’t… Then he felt something, a twinge in his senses. And his eyes half closed, as he felt something out, something far out in space, something in the middle of nowhere. A sensation, a calling. But there was nothing all the way out there, was there? It didn’t matter. It was better than here. He didn’t even bother punching in coordinates, merely started the hyperdrive and launched.

Viscara passed, as did the stars and even the galaxy seemed to go with it, but he didn’t notice. Kairos, for his part, was so lost in this…whatever it was, that he simply held onto the hyperdrive controls, concentration never waning. Something out there in the galaxy was calling to him, like a beacon telling him to come. A safe blanket from the dark side of the force. Nothing was ever truly safe, of course, and for all he knew this could be a trap set by some malakite sith but he had a feeling that that wasn’t the case.

He eased up on the controls, and suddenly he came out in the middle of nowhere. The computer had saved the route he’d taken…but where was he? There were no planets, no major star, no asteroids, no ships…nothing. It was like he’d gone to the edge of the universe, and yet, floating here, he felt a peculiar sense of peace, one that was only gained through sheer isolation of the physical.

Once more the ship died its slow death, gravity and life support the only things that remained. He rose from his chair and walked back into the ship. It suddenly dawned on him how lonely he kept feeling, how he kept trying to push others out, and he felt an immense shame. He’d let Abigael and Ali’shari in. Feya and Ira’dana to a lesser extent, and Brokisee Shax had his complete trust. But the others? Doma? Iliquen? Teryn? Kiki? He didn’t know any of them and, in some ways, he didn’t want to. A small part of him kept screaming about how everyone would disappear. The same problem that Ali’shari had. He was becoming afraid of getting close for losing those that did.

The center of the ship would be his meditation ground again and he tossed his lightsaber into the air as he neared the center, allowing the pieces to simply come apart, instead of letting the kyber erupt. It pulsated with a warm feeling, the gold light illuminating the ship and he knew what was coming next. They were to go on that same journey. They were to go back in and finally step through the door and into the darkness. He’d already started it, the door was already wide open, and there was nothing left but forward.

His mind surged, and buckled and then shattered and reformed as he fell, landing just outside the same tower he had stepped through last time, though this time Shax wasn’t there. The water lapped behind him, and he heard footsteps on the sand. There was no need to guess, he knew who stood behind him.

“Abigael,” he uttered.

There was a soft giggle as she stepped up to his side and took his hand. “So you finally came…” He looked to her and she stood perfect as always, no hole in her chest, hair staying the same. “What took you so long? I was waiting for you, you know.”

“I had things that I was doing. We’re getting your funeral arranged. Ira’dana even sang and danced a traditional echani song for you. Doesn’t that sound nice?”

She smiled, nodding. “Yes. I saw it. It was nice!”

He chuckle a bit. “I know that you’re not really here and that you’re just a manifestation of my mind…”

“Mmh… No. I’m actually here, more of a manifestation of the force, than your mind. I know that what happened to me has been… painful and has been hurting you. You’ve been angry and afraid…and hurting. Sohma keeps wanting to teach you things, but you’re resisting because you know that such a path would only make you feel like this. Always. Zaina Thessel talks about peace and smiles a lot, but behind her she hides a nearly insurmountable rage. Sohma holds such a darkness and pain behind her that it has consumed her, no matter what she tells you. Aiven, Skyva, Sarkell.” She looks to him with a light smile. “I know that you’re that you’re smarter than that, though, you’ve gotten so much wiser since speaking with Master Vandar… I saw you returned my saber to him.” He felt her squeeze his hand. “Thank you… Can you make sure that I’m buried?”

He smiled to her. “…Absolutely, I can. Are you here to help me move on and let go?”

“Yes!” She nodded with the same broad smile that she’d always given him. He turned to the open doorway. It looked less like a door and more like a blackhole with tendrils lashing out at them both, but she squeezed his hand. “Are you ready, Kai? Down here lies everything you’ve been blocking lies. I can’t do this for you, you know that.” He nodded lightly. “…are you scared?”

He took a breath, calming himself and settling his heart. “No. I’m ready…” And the two took a step forward, into the unknown of the mind.

1 Like

The depth of the dark was the most frightening thing about the door. The tendrils lapped at them as they began going through and yet on the two walked, heedless of the darkness that stood before them. There was a calmness between the two, however and neither of them said anything as they walked, the darkness wrapping itself around his form. The storm began to form overhead and the rain began to beat against them. He guarded himself from the driving rain, and yet Abigael continue to hold his hand, pulling him forward a warmth from within the force. It was, perhaps, her hand that led him onwards, that warmth and familiarity.

She looked at him as he faltered a bit. “Come on Kairos. Remember Master Vandar’s words…trust in the force. There’s an important difference between sith and jedi, Kairos. I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now, but perhaps the most important difference between the jedi and the sith is that we all have stared into the abyss that is the force, but when the abyss stares back at us, when it shows us what and who we really are, the sith blink and turn away. Those that follow the dark side can rarely see the good within the world or even within themselves and so instead they focus on their anger, their rage, their pain, their sadness and their fear. They use that to pull from the force, instead of cooperating with the force to achieve their ends. What have you to fear from the dark side of the force, when the force is your ally this entire time?” Then her smile, her calming smile… “Come on. The path is still ahead and leads us onwards.” Once more she turned, feet not stopping, pulling him along.

Alongside her he marched, voices lashing out at him every so often, voices from his past, the voices of many different people. Yelling at him, screaming at him, asking things of him, demanding things of him, the dark swirled into a tempest around them. Even as he felt the concern creeping up on him, the doubt begin to swell in his mind, Abi squeezed his hand, pulling him forward through the abyss. The path ahead before them… it was… The something that he understood and remembered… A time when he and his mother had visited… a planet… in the core….what had it been called? Was… it Corellia… It was the place that she’d been born.

She had brought him ba… No… he’d been born here and had had a few years there… Why had they left? Why…had they lied to him? Everything that she’d been doing, she had done to protect him, right? Or…had she been protecting herself? Perhaps all of them? Did it really matter? The field… The field was just up ahead and that, he knew, was going to be the final point. That was the area where he would have to decide everything. Would he be consumed by his pain, his rage and his fear or would he finally move beyond them?

The field… Flowers. He stopped in the middle of the field and stared at the figure standing before them, the robes flapped…no. It was the dress she’d been wearing that day. She wasn’t smiling now, though.

“Marh,” he acknowledged. The woman’s smile seemed to slowly disappear.

“Kairos, you call me mother.” Her body seemed to tense.

“No, Marh, I have to get out from under your shadow. I’ve lived there for too long, wondering if you’d be proud of me, how you’d feel about what I’m doing. To the point that I was afraid of letting you go because if I did…then I’d let you down, somehow.” He released Abi’s hand. He knew that she couldn’t help with this. This was his fight to finish. The door had been opened and he couldn’t close it without going through this.

“…you have been poisoned by the Jedi, haven’t you?” She sighed. “I’m sorry, Kairos. I told you what would happen, were you to ever fall…” Suddenly a lightsaber ignited in her left hand. “For disobeying me, you will be punished. Then you will understand why the jedi are wrong. You must take what power you want.”

Kairos stepped forward. “You’re not Marh. She died years ago… At best you’re a ghost.” The storm kicked up again, wind whipping around the flowers, petals set dancing within the night, yet Kairos did not flinch or even move.

“You refuse to defend yourself? This will be easier than I thought!!” And suddenly she was upon him, swinging her blade. Raising an arm, Kairos created a small barrier on his hand, the saber clashing against it, and pushed her back. “You’ve grown in the force, Kairos! You’re foolish to isolate yourself like this, away from your friends, away from those who would support you!” She swung once more, Kairos raising his other hand as a shield formed and parried the saber a second time. “Who knows what might find you out in the darkness! I’ve been here from the beginning! Your curiosity is dangerous to you… You resist, you refuse…and yet already the scent of the dark marks your soul. You will never escape from it Kairos!!” The swings were a combination of juyo that he’d seen from Callista and then switching to djem so, while certainly aggressive and vicious, it left openings and neither were perfect. Yet all he did was stay on the defensive deflecting. “You defend yourself because you know, deep down, that I’m right. You don’t belong with the jedi. What have they done for you? Callista… she’s never around when you need her and often shows up too late to help! Puru? Look at her, she struts around like she owns the Temple after having been gone for months!! Qyilisc simply follows Puru and Althea?” She laughed. “Althea doesn’t care about the Temple OR the jedi for that matter! And Iskellia is always off planet helping in this war! With Abigael dead, Kairos, you are alone.”

He pushed her back and took a breath. “They’re busy, you’re right about that. But I’m not alone. The initiates, the other padawans, they are there as well. We’re a family. Not in the traditional sense, but we support each other when we stumble.”

The apparition scoffed, raising the saber. “Yes, Vilnia did a wonderful job of showing how tolerant and supportive she was! And Vriska did so much better. Then there’s Doma. You know its only a matter of time before her fall. She’ll go to them and there’s nothing you can do about it. Iliquen? Look how simple she is. Farming! Engineering! Thelion is so caught up in his books and the damn council that he’s more blind than ever before! And where is Kiekrys? She’s always gone too! As is Shax, your master, the one who’s supposed to teach you!! Look where that’s gotten you, Kairos! Three sith have attempted, and most likely at least one other wouldn’t mind trying his hand!”

He once more took a breath, around them the storm was beginning to abate. “I’ve been tempted, yes. I’ve wanted to, but have never fully taken the plunge. We’re not perfect. We never are going to be. We stumble. We fall. But in the end we help each other, we support each other. Even for the pain he caused me, I support Dominic as best as I can!”

Once more she swung at him, but this time, he seemed to have had enough, shield flaring into life again, crashing and gliding down along the saber, before suddenly he grabbed the ghost’s hand with his own. Marh screamed, the form seemed to shift and warp before finally shattering and revealing only himself as a child, tears streaming down his face as the lightsaber fell from his hands.

“Y…it’s not fair!! We…we loved mom and some kriffing meteor takes her away from us?! And then the dark jedi came and took Abi and YOU KNOW THAT IT WAS HIM!!!” Kairos nodded, and knelt down to his childhood self as tears well up in his eyes.

“…I know… And it hurts, Kai, and it’s going to… But, we’re going to have to work through that. It’ll be tough, but we have our friends… We have all of them… Ca jor, Ali’shari, the other jedi… And through them, our meditations. It’ll get better…Kairos. You need to believe me on that… Cuz I’m you and I know…”

“B-But… Power… Isn’t that how people protect…others? Why…why is the jedi way what you think is right? We’ve lost so many people because of them!!!”

Kairos held his smaller self. “…no… The people that we’ve lost have all sacrificed themselves for us, whether so we could live or so that we could accomplish something important. You know that. Mom protected us… We tried for Abigael, but you can’t always save everyone… and you know that… C’mon… It’s time for us to go…” He smiled to the smaller him, who sniffled but smiled and nodded, walking into him as the two halves finally merged. He took a breath, before turning to Abi, who was smiling as he approached.

“…So what now?” he asked, though he knew the answer.

“Now, you need to let me go… You need to move on with your life… It will still hurt, there will always be that pain, you’ll never get rid of it, but you can at least let me go, not live in the past and forge your new future. I’m sure you’ll be a night soon, after all…” Abi said with a smile.

“…they’re going to find who did this to you and bring them to trial… They will not escape justice, not this time… Though I’m not going with them. I don’t have such a right to.” He walked up to her and hugged her once. “…goodbye, Abigael. I loved you for what time I had you…” She smiles to him, slowly fading away as the storm and darkness dissipated leaving only a golden field around him. Then he woke up.

Tears stained the ship in front of him but… the alarm was going off? That couldn’t be… He focused on the area around him. Darkness… It had just entered his part of space! He ran to the cockpit starting up the ship immediately. The moment that he did the comms channel opened.

“…I know this feeling. Jedi… Surrender. Throw yourself upon the mercy of Malak and you might be spared and shown how strong the force can truly be.”

He flicked a few more switches as the hyperdrive had already begun calculating. “That’s my line, pal. If you give yourself up now and come back with me, then you might get off easy. I’d rather not have this fight, if I were you!”

The inquisitor went into the attack, blasting his ship into range as Kairos moved around, moving his ship faster. Yet, despite his ship’s movement, the inquisitor’s was faster, Kai just happened to be the better pilot in a dumpier ship. He was going to have to make sure that he got this fixed once he got out of this… if… The inquisitor’s ship was right behind him and no matter what he did there was no way to shake him… He’d tried reaching Ali’shari, Ca Jor and even Thess, but no one was able to hear him well. The hard hit he took shook the ship, it hadn’t done major damage but he needed to get out fast…

That was when he had an idea. He fired one of his flares, something normally used to signal and dropped down and hit the breaks. His own ship started to flash another warning. A larger ship, not Republic… He had to get back into republic space. His viewing screen went dark as the flare went off. Engines ignited and he opened fire on the sith’s ship, punching through the shields and damaging his engines. Not wasting a beat, he turned his ship in the direction of Viscara and punched the hyperdrive launching him into the void again.

He sighed with relief that he’d managed to get away, when suddenly he cave out of hyperdrive. It had been damaged and that had been its last jump… terrific… Worse still… He watched as the nearby planet came into view and cursed his terrific luck as he came crashing down into a wooded mountain area, bracing for impact at the last second.

Waking up was easy, he knew where he was and what had happened, but… As he stared at the broken screens and electronics he knew that he was going to have a rough night, at the very least. With his tools he pulled apart anything that wasn’t essential cannibalizing the parts and wires that he’d need for the more critical functions of the ship. Thankfully the cockpit hadn’t been damaged so he was safe there with the life support and gravity controls. Comms were shot and the nav computer was too, so until he got those up and running, that was going to be his primary objective.

Comms thankfully were easy to get back up, they hadn’t taken much of a beating and were easily able to just be boosted, even with his crippled ship. The nav computer however, was a lot more damaged, sparks flying from it as he tried to work. He’d gotten into contact with his master at least, so that was good. But where the kriff was he??? Slotting a few more wires into place and soddering them… There were some sparks and then the ship’s main computer kicked into action, the nav components starting back up again.

“Kriff me, finally! Now…where am I???” He looked at the chart. What a weird planet… It was habitable, but no company or planet or anyone had really claimed it. Huh… “Alright…” He saved the planet’s location before ejecting the disc. “Alright… Knight Althea, can you hear me? I’ve got the coordinates…” And with that he sent them off, knowing that he’d be getting a lecture all the way home…

3 Likes