Abi - Reflections and Training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SrbqvJKxks
3kUR

Abigael - Reflections and Training

10 Years ago…

Various sounds of beeps and boops whirled on the small transport ship. A small child huddled in a nook of a couch as she sniffled and whimpered as the ship began to take off. Soon after the ship reached into space, leaving the desert city of Tatooine behind, footsteps on metal resounded as a man in his thirties came looking through the room. He wore a simple blue robe and various armor pieces that covered his arms and legs. A few faded scars crossed his forehead and cheeks as he saw years of fighting. He stood by the table that showed a hologram of various planets and the one that they were just leaving.

“You can come out now.” the man said in a calming tone, sleeking back his black hair as if he knew the girl was hiding not far from him.

The young blonde still hid in her little hiding place as silent as she could. She hugged her legs refusing the call of the man, soon he looked towards where she was and smiled softly in her direction. She tensed as he walked towards her and leveled down on a knee while holding out a hand. “It’s okay young Abigael, I understand your pain leaving behind loved ones. You will be safe with me, I promise.” The voice was genuine yet the young girl screamed out clutching her broken flute.

“Why did they give me away!” the young blonde cried and pleaded. Tears streaming down her puffy cheeks.

The man’s lips staggered into an almost frown but he had to steel himself and be careful how his words could affect the girl next. Her parents knew she would be better with him after the attack and there was no way they could afford the creds to send her off to some academy. Her mother was a slave and her father was a Force Sensitive that always was disappearing and reappearing trying to avoid the bounties on his head. Ryu Aerlson was a quirky man he had met some years ago in Tatooine’s cantina, he made some bad decisions in life only to keep his family fed and used his abilities to trick others. Soon enough karma had caught up to Ryu and he had to save his best friend from his wrongdoings.

The robed man opened his eyes as he spoke once more, still keeping his hand outstretched. “Your father thought it best to be under my care for the time being. Do not worry, he is doing fine and I healed the worst of his injuries. Here you can even listen to this.’’ The man dug into his pocket to produce some recording device and a hologram of Ryu appeared, replaying a message to his daughter to be trained under Isaaosva Litgail and she would be safer under his care. Before the image finished, Ryu waved his stubby arm then chuckled embarrassed, and switched to waving his left arm in farewell. The young girl rubbed her eyes still in disbelief she had to leave her family behind…

Five years later…

Abigael spent her years being apprenticed under her Teräskäsi master, Isaaosva Litgai, though she was only allowed to call him “Master” through their training. He was strict but fair. The planets they visited were usually pretty and Abi got to see other places that weren’t just sand planets. They only stopped for fuel or training for intense hours under waterfalls and top mountains to hone their martial arts. Through most of Abi’s young youth, she was quite the rebellious one but he continued to temper strict care, Isaaosva managed to gain her trust little by little. She was taught how to survive on her own whenever her Master could not be around as it was essential in case they got split up in a dire situation.

That dire situation came soon when the Dark Jedi had found them once again. The two of them were caught unguarded leaving her Master to defend her from the most lethal attacks. It seemed like her Master had gained the upper hand in defeating the Dark Jedi but he was sorely underestimated by trick tactics. Both of them were nearly beaten to death, the Dark Jedi had faked his death until Isaaosva came too close and found a saber suddenly behind him. Fear and anger raged within the young Abi as she unleashed a devastating blast of telekinetic energy toward the Dark Jedi. In the outburst, she crushed her Master and the Dark Jedi just laughed using the momentum of the pull to escape with a sliver of his life force still intact.

Abi fell on her knees near her fading Master and cried and cried blaming herself for her weakness. A storm began to form and poured heavy rain as she sat there in despair. Where would she go now? Would her parents come to her rescue? Her memory became fuzzier and fuzzier on these events and she tried to block them out as she pushed on alone.

Present-day - Padawan Aerlson

Her days on Viscara were certainly eventful, having survived by some miracle after Revan then Malak began sending troops down which kept her busy defending the Colony. Doubts seemed to invade her mind and she often refused to let anyone know how she truly felt when asked. Qy and Callista were great friends and always seemed to find her hints of discomfort, but was she comfortable sharing the darker parts of her mind? The Lion…sweet little fellow Thelion always seemed to be busy at the workbench and always seemed so nervous. Thelion became an entirely new person when it came to the Force, rather astute in knowledge, and helped those through meditation practices. He was a true bookworm of the Jedi which she admired though worried about the burnt scarrings he received from the Dark One. The only Jedi she truly trusted was Kairos, they were like brother and sister that always had each other’s back.

When things got rough, Abi always found some sort of solace when speaking to Kai about her problems, though was always afraid others would judge her for speaking her mind. She isolated herself on Kairos ship most days, becoming too comfortable in her antisocial lifestyle. Often Kai would scold her and tell her to go get some fresh air at least a few times than caging herself just because a few mistakes happened.

Abi was used to constant failures but wasn’t numb to them. Many of her childhood was filled with some joys and mistakes. When she reflected on her past life she remembered her father lost an arm when he tried to defend her against a Dark Sider. Then she lost Teräs Käsi Master who rarely let her speak his name, but she had such a close bond with him and then it was gone five years later. As a Jedi now she knew that she wasn’t allowed to linger on the past but the dark side had always found ways to get into her mind. If she had never joined the Viscara Temple she might have found herself floundering and succumbing to the Dark Side sooner than later.

It came out of nowhere, a message bleeped to meet in the Temple council room. Anxiety loomed over Abi as she made a run from Kairos’ ship to the Temple, she never had a personal message from the Masters to meet with her. Did she get in trouble? She couldn’t think of anything that she did other than keep to herself. Perhaps she had angered Vrake again? Running through the dense swampy forest, the poor woman raced with thoughts of dread, she jumped and weaved through the outlaws that had taken residence there and made it across the tree bridge that led to the hidden Temple. She made no eye contact with the temple guards as she went inside, going straight towards the Council room where she was summoned. She let in an inhale before stepping through the door and walking in preparing for the worse.

To her surprise, it was Master Vandar who stood waiting for her, the little green fellow whom she met on a few rare occasions as he was from Dantooine. She hoped to one day visit that planet when she became stronger in the Force.

"How serious are you to be Jedi, Initiate? Think you do, that you can carry the standards of the Order, into the future? " he asked as the woman stood at attention. "Many Jedi, trained have I, to great success. The Viscaran Order, a bad record for successful Jedi, does it have, but I think, even despite your drunk showing to a lesson, you can be Jedi. "

She dreaded that day with Knight Shax when she showed up filled with alcohol. She mostly blamed Kairos for not helping her detox after their little party. Regardless, the little green man seemed to see through her and sensed the lack of Force training.

"I, Master Vandar of Dantooine’s Order, take you as Padawan. " Master Vandar nodded.

Abigael felt a sense of relief and joy course over her that she almost jumped in excitement. She never believed this day would come when a Master would take her under their wing. What would her parents think of her now? What would her runaway father say to her now?

“Welcome, you are. Come, we begin your formal studies. In the temple, you will live. Study and training will be many of your days. Teach you closely, I shall, for the next few weeks with intense study.”

Now the true test came.

1 Like

(10:27 Appledew Stew - Haven Original Soundtrack by Danger)

The storm raged on over the once peaceful oceanic environment. A blue bioluminescent whale floated in the sky while a red one swam through the waters skimming the surface every so often. The pair swam in unison pace and clicked their melodies through the crackling of lightning. The whales came upon the floating body of Abigael as she was swept by the raging currents yet did not completely submerge. They circled the tiny form and spoke in unison.

“Yet again you refuse me,” dark clouds rumbled and were illuminated by the flashes of lightning. “Within you holds the greatest strengths yet you refuse to tap into it.”

She reminded herself of the many times she felt panicked from using the Dark Side of the Force. Her anger in lashing out at the Dark Jedi in instincts unlocked her abilities and the time she watched her Master get killed unleashed all her sorrow that transformed into hatred. Sometimes she cursed herself for being a Force Sensitive - to be cursed with the haunting loom and sweet voice of temptation. Would turning away from all her hard work gain her any fruit? Or doom her into eternal suffering? Even as she walked the path of a Jedi no one seemed to notice an inkling of her tiny voice crying for help.

Her meditations became a challenge and now her Master had her doing a huge list of backlog through the weeks. Her first thing in waking up was to meditate and go over the Code, then the exercises after breakfast came. After hiking or swimming on Mon Cala came her studies, one of the subjects she picked up on marine life, and reading an hour of the Jedi histories. Thankfully she had at least one rest day where she could chill and let her mind relax. This day she could listen to music and get herself lost in it, sometimes sleeping the whole day away as her physical body recouped from the strenuous saber forms she practiced. Sometimes she had to go to the Jedi medical room to make sure her old wounds didn’t rupture after the Revan mission. Even then she thought turning to the Dark Side would have granted her victory through that ordeal…but she suffered more wounds and broken bones.

“I can’t…” she finally spoke. “I’m afraid.”

“You are afraid of losing everything,” The whales spoke back, clicking and vibrating with song. “You will lose the ones you hold dear if you keep holding yourself back and doubt yourself.” the red bioluminescent whale slowly floated down opening its huge mouth and swallowing the fearful blonde. She screamed but found herself still floating in the waters as if the creature transparently went through her.

“Don’t give up, little one,” a softer voice sang and enveloped her with warmth. “You preserved this long strongly and you will be rewarded for your efforts.”

The skies cleared away for the sun to beam through and with a gasp, Abi found herself back on the hot sands of Mon Cala where she meditated near the shore. Her eyes spanned across the ocean waters as she pondered just what her path laid out for her. Shaking her head, she would get up with a grunt and walk along the beach taking in the sights. She couldn’t explain why the ocean was a place she frequented in her meditation, perhaps it called to her in some eerie way. It was odd as she was born on a planet that was a sea of sand that had mighty dragons to the annoying womprat infection. Perhaps she had an affinity to water, regardless she would never know why it brought her comfort.

2 Likes

Finally her lightsaber had been completed though with Master Vandar watching her it had made her nervous and not wanting to fail before him. Sweat had dripped and anxiety nipped at her every side. It took hours to put together even though she understood the parts she still missed missed a few.

As the tiny creature watched her, something whispered in the back of her mind. She wondered if it was the guidance of the Force or something from her past coming back to her. Working in complete trance, the visions started coming to her.

“No, no, no you’re doing it wrong again.” Her old master spoke chuckling. “You must be calm with the waterfall or you will be consumed by its roars. Don’t be afraid of it and just sit under it like this.” Abigael watched her master move under the towering waterfall and sat under it as if he was nothingness to it waves. The young girl had been consumed by fear and had been swept up by the crashing beats of the water and fell off the rock she meditated on.

“But it’s so scary…” she began before her master cut her off.

“Yet I’ve seen you run into the ice3an with such mirth and I nearly had to pull you out before you got swept away.” It was odd hearing her master not be stern to her once. He offered out a hand which she took and was pulled up to sit up next to him under the cascading falls. She took a meditative position and crossed her legs as she listened to her master’s words to ignore the outside world and take it in as a relaxing shower.

Slowly she melded the hilt of the saber into a curved shape as the visions flooded her and she begun to hum a tune to keep the anxiety away. Dance and song were her true form and the hilt reflected such in a way as she started adding in the decal designs of the ocean waves and using a leather piece before dying it and making it into a design of a whale and dolphins swimming along it.

Master Vandar watched piqued by the shape in which she made her hilt, most likely the Makashi form did suit her well as he noted.

“You almost died there again there squirt.” Abi awoken by the shore and sat up in a panic. Looking out at the sea, she almost drowned from swimming so far yet, of course, her master was there for her in the nick of time. “Did you see that whale though? Such a gorgeous beauty!” The sea life here was indeed fascinating and each planet she had visited there always seemed to be something new or ones she’d seen before. But she hadn’t seen this whale that glowed and was huge. Before she had passed out due the lack of air, she swore that the creature had swam to her sensing her distress and nudged her to the surface.

“I want to train here a bit longer, Master.” The teenage Abi peered with determination in her eyes at her master. He formed a smile and nodded.

“As you wish.”

For about a month they had trained at the shore for what she could remember fondly. This brought her back to the times she swam out in the Mon Cala ocean near the resort.

She heard a thud. Sensing Kairos in the Force training room probably using telekinesis. Though she stayed focused at her task, there was something different in the air as if Kairos finally got over a hurdle and became stronger in the Force.

A smile came to her lips but she did not like her surface thoughts float to the top when it came to Kai.

As she was completely caught on her humming, she dug out a piece rarely used by most Jedi and more the aquatic species. This special casing would help her in need if it came to under water battles. With all the parts lined up, she closed her eyes as slowly the pieces came together guided by the Force.

“I’m proud of you, Lil Squirt.” The first ever compliment she received.

Harmony came over her and the visions swirled around her of distance memories. She could almost feel as she was surrounded by the sea life coalescing around her with their own songs as the lightsaber was finally completed. With a click, her first lightsaber was completed.

Master Vandar urged her to turn it on. With a few more adjustments, she turned the blade on and a blue beam hummed to life, the blue crystal he gave her, flowing with such peaceful song. She was ever grateful that her Master trusted her with his legacy.

The ocean’s last song - conclusion.

“Everything will begin from this one step

From today we’ll head to tomorrow

It’ll be possible if I’m with you”

The ocean was tranquil and the skies were clear with no cloud in view. Abigael stood over the lapping waters of the isle shore staring out over the ocean view with a smile. It had been a while since she came up with a song and she wanted to make one that was special in her feelings for Kairos. They had been friends for the longest time and went through darkness and troubles together; so what would be fitting to express the deeper meaning of her thoughts and feelings that would reach him?

She moved out to swim into the more bottomless ocean to join with the blue and red bioluminescent whales swimming together and singing their clicking songs. The whales turned and circled the young blonde and for once she felt at peace with the Force. There was no chaos but peace within her inner world. The whales sang of peace - the true core of her being and what had been hidden within her. Abi swam in pace as she watched the giant glowing whales dance around her in unison.

On the outside, Abi rose on the Mon Cala beach and clutched her lightsaber in hand, and ignited it as she went through the dance of Makashi. One day she wished to make her style of dance with the blade that was personalized to her but now her swings were just for a flourishing show. The water splashed about her while she paced on the shore, she began to hum to herself until words came to her. The stars twinkled above her and she had snuck out while Kairos was asleep after their talk. She spent her nighttime practicing her dance that she could show him in the morning and worked on her song.

The hours rolled on and the sun was finally breaking over the horizons of the sea. Exhaustion finally hit Abi and she fell onto her knees with a splash, the lightsaber de-igniting, and clutched it to her heart. She finally had perfected her song and was ready to express such even if it was against the Jedi. She gave a smile and fell back into her meditation, sweat poured off her brow and her throat was hoarse from singing for hours.

Back in her inner world, Abi opened her eyes to find an abundance of sea life swimming around her. The world was much more vibrant with hues of blues and greens - she felt the warmth of the sea as if it was singing in a chorus.

“I wish to share a single glass of wine with you

I wish to share a single feeling with you

Even if I shared a single glass of wine with you

It might actually be poison you made look as if it was a fine beverage

To share a single feeling with you

It might just be a fabrication you’re convinced that is love

I wish to share a single glass with you

A glass of gold, a glass of sand

Even if I’ve yet to know if it’s nectar or poison

Even if you don’t know yet if it’s love or a lie?

Let us both share a single feeling

Not even a single certain thing exists in this world

Nothing that gently vanishes exists in this world

But you still wish to share a single glass with me?

But you still wish to share a single feeling with me?

Even so, I’ll share it with you

Even if I’ve yet to know if it’s love or poison

The glass for today is a blessing that exists only for today

A glass of gold, a glass of sand

Because I’ve yet to know where my feelings will head to now

Because I’ve yet to know if it’s nectar or if it’s poison

Within the glass of sand, it seems the tomorrow will change

Bring us the nectar for today with the tomorrow

Once I share the present with you, my precious one

When I, … share my heart with you

I wish to share a single glass with you

I wish to share a single feeling with you

Let us both share a single tomorrow

Let us serve the nectar for tomorrow and for the day after tomorrow

While we think of each other from the bottom of our hearts"

A complete bliss engulfed Abigael as she joined the chorus - yes this was her true feelings and her song complete. She began to swim up to the surface as the swarm too followed in a coalescent manner. As she neared the surface, she felt a dark presence deep below. The darkness crept ever slowly up and Abi felt her breathing being choked out and quickly swam faster. A creature of malice sprung out from the depths scattering the once vibrant sea life into terror. Death followed its shadowy touch, draining even the ocean into a vortex core.

Abigael outside her inner world felt herself unable to move as darkness loomed over and she could hear the thrum of a lightsaber burning with hatred. Try as she could, her paralyzed body could not struggle free. Her heartbeat raced…she remembered this feeling.

“Found you…” The cold words chilled through her right ear. The last thing she saw was a red beam through her heart and her world falling apart.

3 Likes