Aedan Terallis: Learning

Unofficial Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG Music Mix

Aedan wandered into his apartment out of the rain, removing his jacket and brushing out his hair of the excess water. He looked about the messy area and just wandered over to flop down in one of the chairs before taking out his datapad. Pulling up a file, he looked it over.

“Coding Basics: An Beginner’s Guide”

He huffed, having read over a lot of this since the previous night already, but continued to look it over. He leaned back on the hind legs of the chair and just kicked his feet up on the table in a lazy manner. His eyes moved over the text on the datapad with fluid motions as he took in all the descriptions and examples that were presented. Much of this was stuff he had known for some time, but there was still a fair bit he didn’t have an entire grasp on.

There was stuff that was a bit more advanced than the basic things he had used to practice when he was younger. Simple slicing into datapads or low security terminals around the village on Kashyyyk. But this had a far better groundwork for more advanced use, even though it was more introductory information. He had always been a fast learner, especially when it came to more technical things like this, so he continued reading and learning.

“So this leads to that, and that-… Yeah, this makes sense. Not too difficult to learn this at all.”

He grinned to himself as he continued, seeming more confident in things as his mind absorbed more and more of the information presented to him. After a while, though, he had yet to actually finish the material, but decided to switch over to another file that he had been given a while back. Something also important in all this. He looked over the title as the file came up.

“Acting 101: An In-Depth Study”

He tapped a button on the side to resume where he had left off last, reading it over with the fluid movements of his gaze. He had read a lot of this file, already, though had never done much in terms of actual practice. He decided it was time to just stop his procrastination. He turned off the datapad and got up from his lazy position in the chair, before wandering to the bathroom.

He stood for a moment in front of the mirror, just staring at his reflection in a bit of thought. He put on his usual light-hearted grin, hands in his pockets as he just decided to show himself as he often did. He couldn’t really say it wasn’t his most genuine attitude, but was still already partially acted. A bit of a mask that he had gotten used to over such a long time. It did match his personality, though, but he needed to work out how to act upon more personalities. Wear more masks for whatever situation would present itself.

His expression shifted to one more blank as he then stood up straight. He raised his head up high a little and put his hands behind his back to show himself as something more snobbish, to look down upon others. He looked at himself in the mirror before he put on something of a sneer.

“Such a filthy place, this is. It’s a wonder why anyone would live in such a dump of an apartment, wouldn’t you say?”

He shifted back to his usual demeanour, seeming to adopt more of his light-hearted attitude once more. He rubbed the back of his neck and just snickered at his reflection.

“I dunno. I suppose I just only come here to sleep, half the time. Never have much time to really clean up. But hey. Don’t really need to come in here and tell me how to live.”

He then shifted back to the more snobbish persona and narrowed his eyes at his reflection. He then just turns his head to the side as if to leave.

“Mn… Perhaps I should leave, then, before I catch something I do not wish. Good day to you and your… hovel.”

He looked around again with some distaste before wandering out of the room, keeping himself upright in the persona until he has left the room. After exiting the bathroom, though, he returned to his more neutral demeanour. He pursed his lips a bit in thought before returning to his datapad to read some more.

1 Like

His meditation was done and Aedan decided to head over to one of the chairs in his apartment. Sitting down again in his usual lazy manner, he kicked his feet up and pulled out his datapad to return to his reading. He had been doing a lot of it, by now, and had nearly completed the file on coding basics. However, he hadn’t really done a whole lot to practice it. Moving to a separate application on the datapad, he set up some higher encryption than he was used to and locked himself out of it, intentionally.

He took in a deep breath before plugging a smaller device he had into the side of the datapad, looking over the small screen. Looking over the code that scrolled across the screen, his eyes moved over it all quickly and smoothly, as he took in the key components he needed to change, to get back in. If needed, he had his own passcode for the datapad, but he needed to do something to practice.

He began making alterations to the code, seemingly finding it rather simple at this stage. Though some areas did show a fair bit more challenge when it was something he wasn’t entirely used to. Even so, it only took him a few minutes to really get into the datapad as it finally clicked on. He nodded a few times at his success and stowed the little device away.

“I think I may need a proper puzzle to crack, as this still feels a bit too easy. I should ask her about that next time I see her.”

He then just decided to pull up another file for study that he was needing to go over. Something, this time, he wasn’t entirely used to. The title of it scrolled on the screen, his eyes moving over it.

“Periodic Elements and Chemical Reactions: An Introductory Guide”

His eyes began moving over the initial pages, perhaps at least used to basics in everything here. Though progressing a bit further, he began to read a bit more slowly, even re-reading over sections to fully absorb the information presented to him. He rubbed his forehead a little as he did so, just taking his time.

He spent a solid hour or more and only got about thirty pages in, but he was at least grasping things relatively well through the slower process. Learning everything on the vast periodic table of elements in the galaxy was a lot to take in, but he was determined all the same. Many elements he knew, but there were many more he didn’t.

Finally, after being at it for another hour, he decided to set the datapad down and move to the bathroom. He stood at the door for a moment before clearing his throat, then entered. Upon entry, he started stumbling around, appearing rather unfocused and unbalanced. He tried to reach out for the counter, but seemed to hesitate and miss a couple times, being out of reach, before finally grabbing it. Leaning over the counter, he made himself to appear as though he was on the verge of vomitting, and stared at his reflection with an unfocused gaze.

“Wh… what’dyu wan’…? I jush…” He paused a moment, appearing sick again. “Hey’no… don’ be li’tha’. I jush nee’sum mur… juish!”

He stumbled a bit, bumping into the wall and just let out a bit of a chuckle, though immediately his eyes went wide as he just paused. He braced himself for a long moment, just staring off into space before he swallowed hard.

“Kay…‘m goo’…”

He moved then, using the wall as a support, to stumble his way out of the bathroom, looking none too good in the process. Though, as before, the moment he left the bathroom, he just shifted right back to a more neutral demeanour, standing back upright before having put his hands in his pockets.

“I feel like I could do better to try these out on others, but I need a good senario. Maybe I should ask her about that, as well.”

He then just moved to head out of the apartment, into Veles, to get up to whatever shenanigans he could get himself into. Or maybe just to work on other training, really.