All The Little Things

Kairos sat up in the bed in Coronet City; he’d booked a hotel but couldn’t sleep. There were too many thoughts buzzing in his head… Maligar, the war, Argus’s offers, and the noisy little thoughts didn’t stop. He glanced at his datapad. Four am, Viscara time, but twelve Corellian time…

“Ugh… no wonder I can’t sleep…” he muttered as he half flopped out of bed. “Might as well go for a walk. That hill should be nearby. I can meditate there.”

Flak was going to be the dress of the night. He didn’t wanna go out in full armor and scare people but… would be a good idea to at least have some protection. The hill was… well, it was just as he remembered it. The flowers bloomed a deep lavender and there was a lovely smell. He was probably a mile from Coronet, at least… no city sounds or lights here, though the capitol shone brightly…

He took a deep breath and knelt down, eyes closing. He felt himself diving and diving… further…

“So…you’re here again.” That was… Kathea. “How many times will you come seeking answers from yourself?”

Kairos shrugged. “Everytime, I suppose. I’d say that’s normal, eh?”

“I guess?” Another shift…Zalea. “I mean, sure, if you’re looking for what makes you happy, Kai. But something’s bothering you.”

“We already know what it is.” His reply was immediate and almost tired.

“Did Master Argus’s offer unbalance you that much…?” Thess…

“…not really. I just don’t understand why he did.”

“Does it matter? This is something you wanted, right???” Oh, not Marek…

“I don’t know. I don’t know what I want right now…”

“…then what do you want Kairos…?” The voice was unfamiliar… “…oh, little one… your thoughts buzzing around as always…”

“Marh…”

Kairos’s eyes flashed open suddenly, but no one was there… he only had the feeling of the wind and the Force about him… Slowly, he returned to his meditation.

4 Likes