Althea: How far I've come

In the night Althea sits at the end of her bed, leaning upon its frame. She had her legs held within her arms as she thinks over the days events. Her master, not a random Jedi plucked by the council and sent to Viscara but her actual master is here. The very one she left behind all those years ago, the very same who stood before her and scolded her for it all. It was not the scolding that affected her so, but her came after that has.

“You are my Padawan”

The words she didn’t think she would ever hear again from her master. Those words however had a deep affect on her, that she had started to regret her actions all those years ago. Did she really do what she thought was best? Could she have done it differently? Could she have been a better Jedi? Those feelings done last as they are drowned out by her main question to herself, did she have to let her master down? Her head then rests upon her knees, she starts to tremble in thought. Her master’s words have done much to remind her of how she had changed, for better or worse.

“I did not teach you to lose yourself to another.”

But she had, twice now done so. Each time like a taint upon her being, scars that linger below her flesh that remind her, and others, that they had been there. The easiest example would be the lingering parts of lanaris influence to those who had known her, but the one her master was concerned with was that of Seela’vida’s influence. Althea had thought herself freed of it, but it only took a few glances from Ashla to know that wasn’t true. Seela’vida had changed her more then she realised, and more then she would ever dare to admit to herself until now. She was a failure, she knew it with all her master could see. However that is not the words she heard, the only thing she can linger on with as the words echo through her head like a reassuring message to her soul.

“You did turn out to be a fine woman though.”

And with those words going through her head again and again she finally breaks down. The tears flow as let’s it all out into the night, a burden that she had never known she was carrying.

3 Likes