Althea: Outcast no more

Before you read.

This story was originally written when Althea left the order months ago, so her views and events happening would be long out of date. Enjoy how she got where she is now though.

Hi, to those of you who don’t know me I’m Althea. I’ve been around these parts for years now, since Czerka first sent the message out that Viscara was open for business. I came here to escape my troubles but it seems that my troubles followed me here. First it was just my insecurities from my ex, a revanchist whom I basically spent my life with. My other half in a more literal sense ended with a very violent separation. Don’t date Jedi, it doesn’t end well.

Now that somehow lead me to my other ex, incredible woman, smart, strong, most manipulative person I ever met. She had me around her finger, turns out being insecure is perfect grounds to make you manipulate yourself. If only I knew back then. I thought I was helping but really I was enabling someone to do horrible things. We lost a lot of people to her… and her dream. I almost lost myself to her and become this Sith she wanted me to be. So I broke her heart and in turn she broke Viscara. That is trouble number two to like a thousand. Just don’t date a Sith, it doesn’t end well.

Despite all the troubles I managed to do good things too! Helped establish the Jedi order here. Stopped Duskhaven and thus my evil ex. After the war broke out I’ve faced a many Sith Lords, Darth’s, even one of the hands of Revan and The man, the myth, Revan himself. I became a knight, one of the few who were still around here and did what I could to create a new generation of Jedi. But the more I helped the order, the more I fought, the more my past kept getting squashed down so no one else got hurt, the more I started to feel like I wasn’t doing the right thing. And sadly the more the darkness of my past flared up. So I left them, Althea, Jedi no more.

Despite all of this my story in a sense is only just starting. My name is Althea and this is my journey to what it means to be myself, whatever that is.

Light pierces through the harsh night in Veles. Despite the illumination in the streets many patches remain obscured by shadow. Standing in the light is a small woman, hidden in a well worn cloak with its hood drawn down. She looks up to the statue of Mart, contemplating the situation she’s in.

“Never thought it would go this way did you? You always knew this war would be the end of you but I never thought I would end up away from the order so…” The hooded one narrates to the statue.

The night bares down onto her as the lights falter, flickering with hesitation.

“Still I need to really put one foot in front of me and walk, see where it will take me now so that I can really fix this problem, even though I don’t know where to start. I am somewhat afraid of where I will end up? I hope you will understand…”

With a large sigh she turns to her side and walks off into the night. The weight of her choices really only now sinking in as she starts to feel alone. Despite the friends she had made over the years, so few remained. And those that did were more isolated then ever. The winds of Viscara were changing once more, and she had less of a role in it then ever.

Her journey into the darkness does manage to find something in the night. A body, fresh, with several carbon scorches on the chest. Instincts kick in, not even noticing that she’s checking for a pulse. None, no breathing, dead. Footsteps could be head from behind as blasters are pointed at her.

Sitting in a Czerka cell, she wonders on the irony of how she got here already. Barely a day away and she’s in a cell, for something she didn’t even do. It’s been several hours already, but her time here hasn’t been fruitless in a way. She overhead a strange conversation about a chii-med contract that was expired only just now. Something about altered crops and the farmer not sure what to do with them now the contracts not renewed. Seems weird considering none of them is used for any known medicine there. Could be for something else though? Maybe it’s just the food for patients.

Footsteps echo down the hall though as a guard rocks up to her cell. He presses several buttons before the field containing her fades.

“The carbon markings seems to not be from your lightsabers, medical has them down as blasters of some kind. You’re free to go.”

There’s a sigh of relief from Althea at the prospect of freedom.

“And my items?” She inquires.

“They will be returned to you on the way out.” He insists as he walks away.

Althea rubs the back of her neck as she makes her way out to another guard, getting her items from their inventory as she inspects them for damage. Surprised that Czerka managed to not break something for once she goes to leave.

It seems this is what it means to help alone, guess losing my priviledges was a bigger deal then I thought. But that just means I need to find a better way to help in my new situation, including myself.

My name is Althea, and I’m off to a very poor start…

2 Likes