Areda Nekrar

Name: Areda Nekrar
Race: Togruta
Height: 4’8
Weight: 80 pounds
Skin colouration: Blue/white
Misc: Former Padawan from the Datooine enclave. (Anyone else from there can know of her, just know she really really, never spoke. To anyone.)

Areda as a youngling was very quiet and timid. She was known around the enclave for not speaking to anyone, not the masters, the instructors, or other younglings. Most were convinced that she couldn’t speak. However, one master overheard her reading to herself one day and took interest in the soon-to-be initiate.

Areda had taken interest in history of the order, and would often read old archive records. Often to the dismay of any of the caretakers, due to her lack of speaking. During meditation or during training she could be found hiding and watching the groups train, observing and practicing away from prying eyes- or she thought. The master who had came across her reading, made a habit of coming by the youngling and teaching her without ever directly talking to her. Eventually earning her trust either through getting her access to archives or bringing her harmless relics from archeology digs she had been on.

As she grew up, she never over came her shyness, leading to question whether she should be allowed to become an initiate and instead join the corps. But, she never proved herself incompetent and thanks to the meddling of that master. Finally, one day she was approached by that master as Areda was watching one of the rising young Jedi she had grown to idolize, train. The master asked her, why didn’t she go talk to the knight they were watching, and Areda answered, “I can’t… I don’t know how.”

“How come?” The master asked back, to which she responded, “I am not good with speaking to others…it is easier just to read… and I cannot read people.” The master asked her one more question, “What if I told you could? That I could teach you as my padawan and that you could go talk to her.”

After that, the master, who was an echani woman took the togruta as a padawan. Teaching her self-discipline not through meditation or the force, but martial arts and combat. Building up her confidence, until she could take the togruta out into the galaxy. Her master, was known for being a very skilled duelist, but they also were passionate about history and exploring. Something that she passed onto Areda as well, often taking her out to aid the ExplorationCorps, when they’d come across Jedi or Sith ruins.

Just as tension was building during the height of the mandalorian war, and before revan left the order with his followers, her master had a vision from the force and brought Areda to the planet Auratera. A very remote, a very well kept secret of a planet, that was difficult to reach and leave. It had a history of being controlled by the sith and galactic republic in ancient times, and there was a powerful vergence.

They came across what her master had a vision of, a sith ruin that had been accidentally unearthed by a now dead group of some of the planets natives. They quickly secured the site, having to rely on primitive tools to set up their entrance and fortify it from collapse. They eventually set inside, besieged by traps from spikes, to darts, and giant rolling boulders. At the centre of the tomb they came across a sith holocron. This being what her master thought the force was leading her too, they took their time and secured the holocron and set off to leave.

However, the Sith Lord to whom the tomb belonged to manifested and attack the duo. The fight resulted in causing the area to become unstable, and so they made their escape. Unfortunately, due to the lack of better tools and totally skipping over safety procedures, the entrance was near collapse and the Sith Lord was catching up. However he took advantage of the shoddy entrance and attempted to bring it down on the two. Areda who was busy splitting rock in half, as they ran never got to see. Her master pushed her out of the cave, causing Areda to drop her lightsaber. She got up in time to see her master draw her own lightsaber for the first time, and then rock falling on her master.

This left Areda stranded on Auraterra, and with the war the very few ships that came to trade with the planet were rare. It was years before a ship finally came to check on the people, Areda had spent much of her time trying to get to the body of her master. By the time she had, all she could fine was her masters lightsaber broken and the crystal shattered. Eventually though, she managed to get onto the ship, and was brought back to to the outerrim, with the war done and over with.

But a new war had started, and this forced the togruta to hide that she was a padawan, and had to resort to scavenging and selling parts in order to get from planet to planet which was a struggle as her self-confidence had once again plummeted. Eventually she ended up on Viscara, unknowingly drawn by another nexus.

4 Likes