Assorted Feedback

I’ve been playing on the server for a couple of months now, and I’d like to offer my two cents on issues that stood out to me personally.

1. The server has a hard time justifying how large the areas are versus how empty they actually end up being. I noticed this most significantly in Veles and Dac City-- very large and expansive areas that are tedious to run through that have very little actual content in them.
  2. Building off that, areas like shops and guild areas should be closer together. It is very boring to run through said expansive, empty area just to buy some stuff or sell some stuff that one made for quick cash. This is especially heinous in Dac City, where one has to run through the gigantic holomap to get to a crafting area from where the guild heads are all situated.
  3. I would personally love to see more NPC dialogue and flavour. I would even be willing to write said dialogue! Just something that comes up when you click on an NPC. I think it would also be pretty sweet for the treats or the hot dog vendor in Viscara to have some little flavour food items that can be sold. Perhaps this is already on the revamp itinerary, considering cooking?
  4. I know items don’t stack because they all have unique properties, but I would reaaaaaally like to see a bag that can stack certain kinds of objects; organics, herbs, metals, electronics, et cetera.
1 Like

It’s entirely possible that when the server launched, the intention was to add content to Veles to justify its size, but that plan was shelved as characters outleveled the existing content and players demanded more. As far as I know, new content is still a priority.

Unfortunately, no matter how much feedback the team receives, Zunath is busy with revamp and most of our current contributors are making new areas or new planets.

Personally, I would love to go back and fix not only Veles, but Viscara as a whole, including some new areas and a smoother progression between them. That said, I can’t even open the Aurora Toolset properly without help, so it’s going to be a while before I get to the point where I’m able to do that, if at all.

If you want to volunteer to add dialogue, then go for it. I’m pretty sure that if you’re just talking about quick pop-up dialogue when you click an NPC, that’s not going to interfere with anything.

There is a plan for Veles…

Understandable. I was told by Zunath to throw this at the forums so it doesn’t get lost in Discord. I understand they’re busy with the revamp and my attempt at critique is probably one in a long list, but I thought my amateur musings on design philosophy and how less is more.

Also I’m happy to hear there are plans! I’m sorry if any of this was redundant or unnecessary.

Not at all! The Revamp testing is around the corner and I feel you will be pleasantly surprised!