Bigger Shiptypes

So looking at Corvettes and upwards, I thought it may be an interesting idea to introduce these. The way I would make them is:

Be a mobile unit like the other ships though with significantly more “oomph” to them. However the drawback being you can’t land them on planets and need a smaller ship to fly to this vessel that is parked in space. Basically, when not piloted, the spaceship would be a structure with a transition button that you can access when you fly to it. Then when landing the small ship on your bigger vessel it is docked and you can walk around in your ship. From there, you can take control of the bigger ship and utilize it like a normal, smaller ship.

What’d the bigger ships give?

• More structure limit: 75, 100, 150?
  • Be a mobile base for a group of 5, 10, 15? players that could all use it as their ‘homeship’.
  • Won’t have a lease tied to it but would eat up Stronidium or Fuel passively to remain active and not turn into a ghost ship.

How’d you obtain it?
Few options for that:

• Crafting with an excessive amount of materials needed and access to a space drydock.
  • DM Received reward
  • Maybe a questline?
1 Like

That is already in the works for the revamp project I am working on

1 Like

When I was doing the original system, I was tempted to include larger ships, but to have them require a crew of multiple people to avoid the slight silliness of having a single person crewing a capital ship.

The system has inherent support for larger ships, I just never got around to figuring out what it should look like to play with a larger ship. Here’s to hoping Az comes up with something cool :slight_smile:

1 Like