Buildings and PvP

Hi there, been playing on the server for just over 2 weeks now and i’ve been loving it for the most part.
Although i do have a few questions that no Guides or other posts i’ve seen so far have been able to answer so i hope some of you can clear some things up for me.

I’ve got to the point now where i want to try out having a base of my own and or at the least just to get one up so i can finally get a star ship, but from what i can tell there are zero land claims available for me to put a base down and while i did see one player advertise they were willing to lease some land earlier i got there too late and they were gone and so i cannot do anything about it.

On a similar note i did also wonder what would happen if i did finally get a base and some thugs came along (Eg players wanting to PvP my place to bits and raid anything i might have stored there) how do i protect it?

I saw an earlier post mentioning control towers can be attacked, but as i said there’s no PvP building raiding guide for me to sift through to find out how the mechanics of it all work so i need your help to fill in the blanks before i can attempt to plan for a long term base if it’s even worth having that is, im told i might be able to simply commission a starship from someone if i can find them that is and negate the whole base building thing altogether…provided i can have permanent storage on star ships.

Thanks for reading this long post, if you have anything useful to mention please leave a comment below.

So, you attack the towers directly, once they get down to 25%hp a shield will protect them for a period of time depending on the amount of strontium in the tower. Once that shield runs out, you can total the tower. All the buildings will poof and you can claim the land.

Also, I hear rumours that the biggest landowner may be selling leases to other players sometime soon.

Well that helps abit, although how much stront per one real hour of time and how much i can store in my control tower would be nice to know too so i know if i find help in time or not if any.

I also worry about that whoever has the monopoly on the area i want a base in doesn’t just flat out deny me or push the price up so high that i can’t afford it for long if at all. also about buildings going “poof” as you put it, does that mean my stuff is going to be scattered all over the ground or will it simply be deleted when the building dies?

A medium tower will hold 7200, which will hit 12 hours.

Shade has the monopoly on Viscara with 11/16 properties, I believe, and yes, there may be a small quantity of gouging if land is to be sold, but nothing insane. Renting land is 3500 up front for a week, and then 400 a day. I can see her charging 5k and then leaving you to it.

Goods that are lost when a tower goes down go to the Czerka impound and can be purchased back for 50cr a piece.

It’s a bit of a big topic and worthy of its own guide. I just haven’t written one up at this point. Was kind of hoping someone would do it for me :slight_smile:

There’s always going to be a limited supply of land. Viscara has 16 plots I believe and Mon Cala, which released with today’s expansion, has another 8. We generally keep the number of plots low so that there’s incentive to fight over territory.

You should be forewarned that as soon as you put your tower up there’s very few rules regarding PVP against towers. As long as there’s an RP reason to attack the tower, it’s fair game.

Tower sieges are pretty straightforward - you and your buddies attack the tower to bring down its shields. When the shields hit 25%, the tower goes into “Reinforced Mode”. During this mode, all structures such as drills shut down and the tower becomes invulnerable. This state lasts until the Stronidium units run out. By default, the maximum length is 12 hours but you can increase this by placing Stronidium silos down in your base ahead of time. You cannot add or remove Stronidium until reinforced mode runs out.

Once reinforced mode is over, the tower can again be attacked. When the shields run to 0%, damage will be dealt to the structure of the tower. When that tower’s structure his 0, the tower is destroyed. All buildings, structures, and storage contents will drop to the ground. These are freely lootable by anyone. None of your stuff will go to the impound when a tower gets destroyed.