Character Inspirations & Portraits

Markus Vienman insperation

Markus’s backstory is based mostly on the plot of Mafia 2, explicitly drawn from the idea of an overworked nine to five laborer who assured himself that he deserved better. Markus lacks Vito’s more “No-nonsense” approach and tough-guy attitude but still shares a willingness to justify pulling the trigger in order to earn a bit of the prosperity he thinks he’s owed.

It goes without saying Markus draws from the prototypical star wars smuggler himself, the stated intention of the character was always an interrogation of Han Solo’s charming rogue character, looking towards what a more typical smuggler might look like.

Unlike Han, there was little “Glamor” to Markus’s life before he’d arrived on viscara, His living conditions were more pathetic (Living in his speeder) and his work, rather than being something alluded to in order to give him a sense of cynicism and world-weariness, were fully realized criminal activities with genuinely sinister implications.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K9_HtoqV35e8OgiYo2ZvGxkg2Py8Va_t/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U4mI8dsrBLEuXlI4ezQTRK3Qoj0MYUEY/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i4I6Qp2H34pj9XRrloWsILgl3uJFtJUp/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBuqhER9R1i5wS5reu--uqXJ2TSle21_/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t3kvG2uEk9JPDCEx23L9RAEvS1AvKU07/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Reylin Trell

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12zouNSk13gwkU0iy62Ee3qKXQ5tUGq-p/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

It’s ya boy, uh, skinny bean

2 Likes

Egg

1 Like

Updated the picture for the Fella

I just like the pictures. The two Chiss are probably both Thrawn.

Bond. James Bond.

Skyva in a portrait

What she gonna do?

2 Likes

I am so overdue for this that it hurts, but here we go. I’ll be going through the left hand side first before moving onto the right hand side.

Ahsoka Tano:
Ahsoka is a rather special character to me after hating her to high water and back from her first appearance. But like many good characters she grew on me and since has became one of the more iconic characters in the franchise due to how well she is written. Her padawanship through war and how that has affected her development alongside the grief, pain, regret and blame she carries is something that inspired me greatly for Althea.

Kyle Katarn:
The OG Jedi Teacher, I mean luke was cool and all but KYLE! The cool teacher who come in half drunk and somehow gave you a better lesson despite the odds. Kyle has a somewhat tense relationship with the order at times, sometimes with them, sometimes against them. It created an interesting dynamic as it showed someone who didn’t exactly believe in what the order was saying, but found value in it’s teachings through practical lessons that always brought him from the verge of a darker path. In time he found ways to turn the orders messages into things he understood and become one of the best Jedi in Legends once at peace with who he was. Something I have been trying to do with Althea for a long time.

But for those who do not understand Kyle Katarn allow me to educate with a snipit of Death from Diskworld, a character who at times has a similar approach to Kyle. Especially about education.

Kanan Jarrus:
Kanan is the OG Jedi Cowboy, a survivor of Order 66 and also known as the Last Padawan. He spends many years denying who he is, hiding what he is in order to survive a galaxy that is now hostile to him should he even hint to his connection to the order. But once he see’s another in trouble who has potiental in the force his teachings come back to him and force him to reveal who and what he is to the galaxy at large, setting in events that lead him to learning what exactly it means to be a jedi and the importance of the lessons he once knew. Kanan is another special character to me personally with his struggle of identity, duty and doubt if he’s even doing the right thing constantly. But it is often when he is needed most that he rises to the occasion to help his friends through the day. He is one of the core cornerstones that I based much of who and what Althea is around, as well as her journey.

Guts - The Black Swordsman:
Guts is a character that can be described in three words; Trauma, Resiliance, loyalty. I don’t believe there are many characters that has had the amount of dedication spent on the pain one lives with from acts that can stem back to as far as childhood or as far changing as a single moment that a bad day can bring. I do not wish to get into too much detail on Guts himself for those who have not read Berserk, as I believe that you should close this post, find a means to get the first chapter of Berserk and then read through what is likely one of the most beautiful stories we as a species have experienced.

However for the purposes of this excersize, Guts struggles for years with himself, his actions and the ramifications of the actions of others that have spiriled his life out of control. Forced into a no win situation that he must live with somehow and still finding the strength every day to keep going. He struggles a lot, he fumbles, he makes mistakes that he must live with, but the character grows and learns as the story goes on as he becomes the most human person put to fiction. Something I strive to do with Althea, even if I do not believe I even come close to succeeding.

Jessica Jones:
While much of the personality of the character was built from per-existing characters like Ahsoka and Kanan, much of Althea’s journey, struggle and lessons to learn and overcome come from Guts, Jessica and the final one I have yet to mention. But none of them affect her story more then Jessica Jones does. Jessica is a woman who gained super strength along side some other smaller powers as a child, and grew up wanting to become a hero. Only once she did she met a man named Killgrave who ended up ruining her whole existence through mind control, causing her to doubt her very existence alongside many other things that I cannot mention here due to our age rating :slight_smile:. Her story is dark but that makes her eventual triumph all the more satisfying in the end, learning that her physical strength is meaningless compared to her inner emotional strength. The topics of doubting your identity, losing who you are and even control over yourself have been at the forefront of Althea’s story since the very beginning, even if they are not so relevant these days.

Kurosaki Ichigo:
The death strawberry himself. If you’ve read this post this far, and have read or watched Bleach then you likely know where I’m going with this. Ichigo is a young man who acquires a strange power from a woman he just meets and in doing so his whole world expands and shatters in ways he could not have imagined. If you havn’t read or watched Bleach that is another series I would heavily recommend, with the soul society ark being one of the best arks in Manga. Ichigo’s journey however takes him down a rabbit hole of self doubt and identity, where he ends up struggling to continue to fight. Many improtant lessons that Ichigo has learned in his journey have been things that have affected my life directly, and changed who I was. So while I have not actually based Althea off ichigo, or the story of bleach, this story has bleed into everything I’ve done. From how I talk, the beliefs I hold, and importantly I quote this often. I’m sorry to all of those who have caught my many quotes from Urahara or old man Zangetsu specifically that I have turned into jedi lessons.

===========================================================================

I do want to say that it is awkward to share this character so as I havn’t been able to do so in a long time. Althea is someone I’ve been playing for many years now and I have tried many times to progress her story, some successfully, other times unsuccessfully. And while many have come and gone in those years I do want to thank those who have been a part of that journey that I have had with her so far. It really means a lot to me. It’s gotten me through some really tough times.

To those who do not know the character that well then I am also somewhat sorry. I wish to get more involved with the server again sometime soon so I can help create more stories with you all soon. And I hope that time is soon. So until then I hope you can enjoy the glimpses you do get of her, and that I can help you tell your stories in the limited time that i do have.

1 Like

milo

1 Like

an idiot

i was reading k6bd one day and realised that i really liked it. that’s all thank u

1 Like

For Katya:

Katya files

My Files :innocent:

Pulling over from the old thread, with a slight edit to the original edit of the eye, to change the colour. That and the old portrait file seemed to have become a dead link.

Aedan Portrait

1 Like

Sienn Toquema

Voice claim: Celia Pavey

Theme song: Sunishine by Skott

Portrait: Link

Will update this more later I would assume.

Elase’rav’rexov
(Elase / Rav (Post Darth Infractus))
INTJ 6w5

Associated songs: Laplace’s Angel

I could not think of six that I wanted to place here.

In terms of how I try to present the character, the best possibly a mixture of Shadowweaver from She-Ra and the princesses of power mixed with Grand Admiral Thrawn (because why would I not be inspired by Thrawn.)
Smart, Analytical, a want for power and a drive for perfection.

When I first made Elase she was meant to be sort of the oracle type (and from oracle she just went full evil), whose now turned more into a mind reader more than anything. It still reads slightly true with current events that have happened to the PC.
(She’s rather not one for reading the future, but finding out peoples fears and desires, past.)

Kaede/Lucy/Nyuu/DNA (Elfen Lied)
Probably the oddest and most out of place moreso a hopeful how it ends… minus the melting.
(Read Chapter 98 - Chapter 106, I won’t spoil it for you.)

1 Like

I enjoy doing those way too much …

Character inspirations:

• Vergil (DMC)
  • Æon Flux (Æon Flux)
  • Yor Briar (Spy x Family)
  • Gazelle (Kingsman)
  • Jolly Redd (Animal Crossing)
  • Catwoman (DC Comics)

Theme song: syudou - In the Back Room

Associated Tarot Card: Tower
Upright: Sudden change, upheaval, chaos, revelation, awakening