Crafting

------Deleted.------

I do agree, it seems very silly to have any materials better then the very base materials you find in the wildlands because at this point, the most in demand ever, is the +3 Veldrite (Sp), which is the very base material. Keromber and Plagonite at this point, are only good for selling, forget the materials unless you get a +3 to break down, but otherwise, there is no real point of mining them.

Items your drill brings up that enhance Medical and such as I have been outright told, are literally worthless and not worth bothering with, better to focus on AC and Dex and such. Most of the crafting system is so broken that it has made it entirely complex and confusing. While I don’t want us to be Arelith, they had the right idea when it came to creating gear and forcing enchantment with a possible fail system and it wasn’t so complicated.

I see the best solutions to be to make crafting have a hard limit on properties and to change how the balance update works.
If instead of say having having properties lower how much are actually placed on an item (having a third really sucks and plays more into the problem you pointed out) there was a hard cap instead? What if, for example, items could only get +25 from any property fullstop that isn’t mods. This allows Veldite to still be useful as you can make good items with lower levels for more mods, while you can still have items that are just as good with less mods while their base level will be higher. It Dramatically lowers the barrier of entry to the game and still gives customization for endgame.
Reassembling items would still be fine in this iteration as it helps get an item fast but having ore is still better for durability. It creates a more free economy and gives things to players for easier.

Maybe make the tiers actually less useless, rather then it only adding mods, it actually requires you to use specific ores and gives better benefits, so say you have Heavy Armor tier 5, it gives +10AC, weight reduction and maybe -5 penetration damage but it also requires Heavy Armor lvl 50 to use…but you need Keromber to craft it, and the benefits you put on the armor will add up, this will make rarer ores more valuable.

To me how they are currently is fine if they lower the levels it increases for tiers. Having more mod slots doesn’t mean anything if you can’t use them, especially because the only mods worth using already limit you so.

At this point, tiers are 100% stupidly useless and pointless, mods are nice when your crafter level 100, my suggestion encourages a change to actually make tiers more then just pretty numbers and make something worth the time and investment into the tiers and crafting level.

Not really, 3 +3 mods are 33 levels increase minimum. The better mods are more. For example with a weapon you can really only fit 2 +3 bab mods and 1 enhancement before hitting 100. That’s 3 mods. It wouldn’t be so bad if the levels didn’t stop you from using the extra mod slots, or even if mods didn’t increase levels, or less level increase, so you can actually use the damn things.

All the crafting houses that I know of have been open to everyone so far

Personally I like the reassembler…
I do think upping the nodes for fiberplast shrubs would be a nice tweak though!
And as for item balance… huh. Some stuff could use an overhaul, for sure.

Mods would be better without the colour system really… it really limits possibilities too much and makes some useless, like Green mods which can’t be used unless you force a prismatic slot onto the item.

Okay time for me to speak some here.
About the Reassembler, yes there are issues and they need to be addressed. I think tweaking of how properties transfer would be a good start, I think it is a little high right now.
As for land being required, that is semi intentional it is supposed to be the PvP aspect of the game just people tend to shy away from it. Gotta be careful who you upset.
Resources gained from combat, once Tatooine is released this is planned or was last I checked. The plan is to have okay gear but gear that is never better then what a crafter of the same level could craft.