Dace Rendall: Backchannel Communications

/encode.standard.seed=corpsforlife/

midnet.relay6109873.viscara.veles.czc/H82825-911/redir.coruscant/artax/D89014-110

Hi Captain

I must admit, I didn’t think I’d take you up on that suggestion to keep in touch. But things are changing as you said, and keeping someone back home in the know might save some blood later.

Nothing too fancy, just a light standard Corps encryption. Enough to deter casual interception but no multi-relay slicing that might take up the time of the Intelligence folks. With the official Republic presence here it should get masked well enough.

Like you asked, I’ve been keeping my eyes and ears off standby. Not for those seat-warmers up in headquarters. But I’ll stick my neck out for the Corps.

Viscara’s just as rough as they said. Usual corporation misery but dialled up a couple of notches. But there’s opportunity here for someone good with a trade. And it’s drawn a few.

There’s force potentials here, just like everywhere I suppose. But there’s far more sign of them here than anything I’ve seen before. Not just that, but Czerka’s banned the Order from the colony center, and there’s self-training groups and a lot of arguing going on. I’m not an expert, but for all it’s faults the Order probably pushed the peace and control angle hard for a reason. That can’t bode well.

Little word on more specifics on the Jedi ban. But the officials have been at pains to stress how straight from headquarters the banning was. And they’re downplaying talk of fallen Jedi in the outskirts. The whole setup stinks worse than the back end of a power grid.

The Corps got here before I did. There’s a Major Falman in the western Mountains. Maybe you know something I don’t. With Czerka not even bothering to look loyal, anything permanent here will be outpost first and special function second. At least security’s tight. Good to see someone is taking their duty seriously.

Malachor may have saved the Republic. But so few of us made it out. And the way they dumped us Coruscanti the way they did. It wasn’t just because half of us were underlevel reservists. Not by a long shot.

D out

/encode.standard.seed=gaseouscontaminant/

midnet.relay6109873.viscara.veles.czc/H82825-911/redir.coruscant.vetnet/373reunion/artax/D0127354-227

Hi Captain

I’m official now. Regular Army rather then Corps of Engineers, though. Daymer would have never let me hear the end of it.

And that means there’s some things I can’t say. Opsec afterall.

Three-year term means I’ll miss the next reunion or two. Although hazard duties come with medical leave as often as not. Small consolation for the havok out here.

Sitting opposite ex-Jedi and ex-Republic without getting sabered is a cushy number compared to most postings, but keeping the old vocal output muted is a trial. But I’m here to keep the Republic safe not indulge. I’ll bite my tongue clean off if I have to.

I’ll keep the eyes on a swivel. Attached is a holovid of the new workshop. Compared to the underlevels land is so cheap it’s almost free here. Finally got a handle on biobinding. Hutlarian Slug extract, of all things.

D out

/attach.localfile.VIDIMG2001-002.subscript.voxelcode_RUN

Bumped the masking up a notch. Running this through Veteran’s Affairs to skip some screens. Worst suspicions confirmed. We’re back where we started. Only this time every side has ruthless Jedi. Revan getting taken out was no con. Reliable sources confirm what was left of him was taken onto a shuttle. Good riddance. Armistice is holding. No evacuation planned. We’re serving up those poor bastard colonists as the glazing on the bait for Malak. The math means I have to shut up and salute the flag. For the crudding Republic.

2 Likes

/encode.standard.seed=anotherdayanotheronehundredsixtycredits/

rimnet.relay1788011.moncalasector.cal/H82825-911/redir.coruscant.vetnet/373reunion/artax/D218711-107

Hi Captain

Been a while. Rank reinstated back to MCPO, at least Acting-wise, confirmation pending. CO has the heart of a Cathar but the records-sense you can expect of someone his age. Damned war pushes us all faster than we should go.

We’ve been front and centre. Mytaranor’s not Corellia but it’s not getting less important as the months go by. Nothing I should say in a Veteran’s Affairs comlink, of course, even though I’m sure you’re cleared for it.

We’ve lost people. Good people. But we’re making the other lot pay more for every one we lose. This isn’t like our last run around, support from up top is better and we’re really making a difference out there.

Attached is a static holo-image of the new squad. Faces blurred, naturally.

Next bit is different. Actually under orders to reach out to anyone I know on the quiet. CO doesn’t know you other than a name in a long list of names in my service record, but knows I’m a vet with history on Coruscant. Havoc gets tasked with a lot of secret-kath stuff, and we have broad tolerance from the local Blackops.

The request: Mytaranor system SpecOps is after any information on Claython Thales. He’s changed his name, Claython is either his old or new name. He’s known to be a decorated vet, probably Mandalorian Wars. In my opinion anything you can ping on the quiet, in the hands of my CO, is much more likely to hurt the Sith than hurt us.

D out

/attach.localfile.HOLIMG1774-001.subscript.voxelcode_RUN

Got the Quid for the Quid pro Quo embedded here in the voxels. Anything you might have heard about the first contact in Mytaranor understates it. Chancellor grade clearance. But short version is the Sith got nothing, and lost a corvette that’s probably disappeared without trace until it leaks back to them from the Revanites. Best I can tell is that there’s no threat to us from them medium-term. Tech is far in advance from ours, they’re an Unknown Region mechanical intelligence, remnant of a Precursor civilisation. A Pre-Gree precursor civilisation. But they’re shackled by very limited orders and the effective disappearance of their Creators, so far as I know. My opinion is you can shelve this and keep focused on other things. Nothing here to feed the Sith.

1 Like