[DM RedMenace] To a world so flaming bright, a world you've never seen

Eli stared at the mission report in disbelief. “There’s no way this is right”

“It is.” replied the commander, keeping his usual stiff demeanor.

The Doctrine destroyed over Taris, the finishing blow done by an Aurek. Eli laughed. “Who’s responsible for that? I need to give them the biggest high five. That kind of flying is the kind of kriff that turns me into a full schutta”

The commander raised an eyebrow, but didn’t push against his faux pas. He was long acquainted with Eli’s eccentricities. “It’s in the rest of the report. Hand it over to your flight team.”

Jarna stared at the mission report in disbelief. “There’s no way this is right”

“It is.” replied Eli, with significantly more enthusiasm than their commander.

Shoda flicked through the finer details of the report, letting out a whistle through his rodian nozzle “Banshee Squadron. I like the sound of that.”

Jarna let out a laugh “Looking to swap squadrons Sho? You really think anyone else would accept you but us?”

“Hey shut up! I got a sick resume!” he protested

“Yeah, real sick. It’s terminal, on its last legs. Gonna need to put it down.” she taunted, giving him a shove.

Eli kept looking over the report as his wingmates squabbled. Looking over the details of Banshee Squadron. He wanted to meet them.

“We should go find them.” said an often-unheard voice. Sho and Jarna immediately stopped the rapidly escalating argument. When Marc spoke, everyone listened.

“Says here they’re based on Viscara. The situation there’s been pretty rough, I bet we could get a transfer easily.” Eli offered, watching Marc with a smile.

Sho cleared his throat and straightened out his jacket. “I’d be up for that. I’m sick of Lantilles. Akaan’s insane bantha poodoo is going to get us all killed anyway.”

“Ooo, the big hunter’s scaaared?” Jarna teased, getting a swift ‘Shut up’ from Sho.

Marc had fallen silent again, but he watched Eli expectantly. Eli had long since learned to trust Marc’s judgement on these things, he was the reason their squadron was able to exist, why it was able to reach the heights it had. If Marc was suggesting something that meant it was going to turn out good for them. It always did.

“Alright” Eli started, giving his team a determined look. “We’re heading to Viscara.”

“Get ready to move out, Kraata Squadron!”

4 Likes