Drifter

A white noise transmission plays. After a few seconds a woman’s voice comes through.

S.O.S.

Ah hello? Is this thing on? There’s a pause before it continues, with what sounds like a thud. Ah there is a light to indicate it's working. Well I don't know how things are going to go out here so I figured I would record things while I could. Least then if things go wrong someone can find out why. It's currently day one of bring stranded in space, there's so many things, so little time. The engine seems to be having troubles, main thrusters are broken and hyper-drive is on its last legs. There is roughly a republic month worth of food and maybe three or four months worth of water? The water is honestly hard to judge with how many things use it. Let's see.. um.. there's some tools but I am not sure what good they would be, they don't seem to be in the best condition. It seems I will likely have to improvise at best. I think it's gonna give me some cuts and burns but luckily there's a kolto tank in here, not sure how much use I will get out of it though. Oh I am alone, just little old me fixing a corvette. Hopefully I can get things done fast. Wish me luck.

S.O.S.

Hello again, seems I made it to day three. I know what you must be thinking, what happened to day two? I honestly would like to know too. I was only ment to be in the tank for a few hours but here I am a whole day later. Suppose it's not all bad, wounds are less bad so it makes working on repairs easier. Talking about repairs things are looking up. The engine was pretty fine but some critical piping was busted, but all is not lost since I was able to jury rig some obsolete parts as supplementary reinforcements. They should hold together long enough to get me to a planet where I can do a better fix. That took awhile, though and I plan to rest after this. Tomorrow I will tackle the hyper-drive and see what can be done. Things are looking up at least, wish me luck.

S.O.S.

Hey.. it's day four. Things aren't looking the best. Seems I'm out of Kolto so I need to be careful. The tank ran out yesterday but now the smaller supplies have ran out today. The hyper-drive itself isn't looking great either, the damn things fried. I'm going to have to figure out something to try and fix it later, though it's not looking too good. I might spend my time trying to figure out the thruster repair instead. Least I can move to a nearby planet then if I drift close enough. I'm not sure how much fuel I have honestly, it says I have a good amount, could fly a fair bit with this but with no hyper-drive I could be burning fuel to get no where. Some of the equipment has been faulty too, it works but doesn't display the correct numbers. I'm weary of the fuel because of this, drifting seems the best option for now, at least until I can fix the hyper-drive. Still problems for later, spent a good amount of today on the drive itself and figured out the parts I need to fix. It could be better but hey, there's always tomorrow. Wish me luck.

S.O.S.

So.. it's me again, day five. The thrusters can't be fixed it seems. The damages that need to be repaired are on the outside and while I have a suit in here to let me breathe out there that isn't the problem. The problem is that I have no means to hold me to the ship, the second I leave the docking bay I'll be drifting the opposite way of the ship. No thrusters means I can't reposition which can be dangerous enough but I guess it wouldn't have mattered to begin with. Even if I got something to hoist me to the ship and were able to get out to fix the ship and back in, without any issues, which I doubt would happen, that wouldn't get the hyper-drive fixed and that is where my main troubles begin. I thought it was just some parts that were fried, bells and whistles that could be replaced or jury rigged if need be but no, the damn circuits are fried too. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. Wish me luck I guess..

S.O.S.

Day Six, I realized the SoS signal wasn't working, I spent the day using what I had put aside to fix the hyper-drive to instead try to make a new broadcast using the onboard computers, most of the controls don't work on the ship now however. Had to get more wires to do this. The life-support doesn't look like it will last much longer.. not because I'll run out of oxygen but simply because I'm not sure how much longer I'll have power. Fuels running out, the cores chugging along but seems to be glitching. I don't give it more then a couple of days now I suppose. I don't mind dying, it doesn't scare me, I just worry about those waiting for me and more importantly I suppose, I worry that they'll never know what happened to me. But that is why this is here.. as morbid as this is at least they can get some solace in what happened. I hope. I guess I will find out soon enough now, not so much things to do, yet still so little time to do them in. Wish me luck.

S.O.S.

Day Seven, the ships in an emergency power mode now.. I'm running this off a couple of batteries I found just to keep recording until the end. There's comfort knowing I won't starve to death, or be without water, given that oxygen is the thing that will go it hopefully won't be a painful death, or it will be an agonizing one and I don't know it yet. After all of this and I die alone, in space.. I suppose that serves me right.. anytime I've loved someone they've turned into a monster.. well.. all but one, maybe this would turn her into one though.. I hope it doesn't. If you hear this I'll be disappointed in you if you go back on you word okay? I couldn't figure out a better system to broadcast so instead I'll just broadcast this.. and update it as the days go on. I suppose if the days stop suddenly you'll know why. The waiting is the worst.. especially now the heating isn't working anywhere near as much, and the lights are dim.. I'll carry on though, until the end... wish me luck.

3 Likes