Feedback on your Balance Review Topic

I like the post. I think it’s important to address these kind of imbalances. Here are my thoughts on the ideas that you’re considering:

• Halve the rate of ability gain from skill points. (This would apply immediately to all characters).
    I would consider doing it this way: Combat oriented professions (smuggler, sharpshooter, teras kasi, security officer, berserker, duelist, soldier, and mandalorian) get the normal rate of ability gain for combat skills and half the rate for crafting skills). Non-combat oriented professions (armorsmith, weaponsmith, chef, engineer, fabricator, harvester, scavenger, medic) get the normal rate of ability gain for crafting skills and half the rate for combat skills.

• Divide AC and ability bonuses by 3 before applying item bonuses to PCs.
    Sounds good. Should combat power creep.

• Divide +HP and +FP by 2 before applying item bonuses to PCs.
    Not sure this one is necessary. You can burn through HP and FP pretty quickly.

• Restrict AC to shields, armor and helmets only. Discount it on other items.
    Logical. Combats power creep. I think it’s a good idea.

• Restrict BAB to weapons only. Discount it on other items.
    As with AC, this is a logical change. I think it’s a good one.

• Adjust (reduce) max caps for mods for BAB and AC.
    If we really can presently get AB & AC as high as you say, I think this is a needed change, yes.

• Update item examine descriptions to make these changes more self explanatory.
    More clarification about how the system works is never a bad thing.

• Make regen (HP & FP) happen 4x as often - every 30s not every 2m.
    Interesting suggestion, since you’re considering reducing the HP and FP bonuses from items. I wonder how you view these two changes interacting and why you’re considering them. I might be missing something crucial here, so I don’t want to comment before I have a better understanding of your thinking behind this.

I love @Mithreas 's ideas and am so glad these things are being addressed, especially reducing bab mods to just weapons.

Seconded, it’s looking like quite a promising move towards balance!