Flawed Programs

(Thanks for finding this pic Darth Vosihn. Credit to wherever you found it.]
Login : HAACA894
Password: [Encrypted]
Date: [Approximately three months before her arrival at CZ220 station]
Subject: Reassignment.
It appears that my application to prevent my reassignment to that remote location has gone heretofore ignored. I must restate disagreement that my placement as “executive engineer” has significant flaws as my training until this point has been exclusively in the field of medicine. I feel that my services would be better applied upon Csilla working at one of our many medical facilities as per my original employment application. I will attempt to fulfill the expectation of this work order to the best of my abilities, However am concerned that such talent is being wasted. I await further reply at the earliest convenience.

• Hriste’Amun’Aqhi

DeviantArt: Sinya Rae By KaRolding
Date: [Approximately a week after her arrival at CZ220 station but before player involvement]
Personal Log:
I already begin to see that this place clearly needs work. I cannot go five feet without tripping over scrap or storage lockers. The dishwasher is clearly broken, The place smells so terrible I think my nose has gone numb and there are no safety rails anywhere. Especially in the many places it is clearly needed. I saw a Zabrak run into the engine room without realizing what it was and being carted out sometime later burned to a crisp. I feel like any efforts I make immediately end up being scrapped by someone else to be another bandage solutions somewhere else. Well I’ve heard word that they are going to be giving out shuttle passes soon. Maybe I’ll look into that. Perhaps the planet has more to offer. Fresh air alone will be quite an improvement I suspect.

• End of File!

Yeah, good to go. Approved. Contact a DM IG for your bonus.

Nouveau By Hime Nana-d93opau

Dylas: The Heartless Reformist By azulann on Deviant Art.
Date: [Whatever day it is for the PC relative to the date of post.]
It’s been almost three weeks since I came down to the planet. And they have been very busy. Even if I’ve spent most of them in various workshops around the planet. Testing on my equipment has been steadily improving to the point that I was finally comfortable with my skill to take a break from my job and enjoy what was to be my career. Though he was rather stoic over it I’m rather pleased that there was no unexpected side effects from the medical testing I preformed on Cadushil today. The change in work has finally given me time to resume this record as well. I suppose the most pertinent points were…[Listed is a more or less compressed version of the events of the past week, Of note are such events as, Picnics on Mon Cala, Aiding certain Twi’leks and Cyborgs with their respective self-confidence issues, Manning a starship’s blasters, And ending on the joy of owning her own workshop at last.]

-EoF

There is another file that follows the previous one. This one it however indiscernible as any sort of sensible data at all other than several medical equations in the margins and a drawing of a huge Bantha.

[Lord Datlen Ohana’s Artwork - Steam community]

2 Likes

Xhalley, the chiss (close up)by XelaBlood
Date: [Day after the previous corrupted post]

What…Is that. It. Of course. I suppose that is what one can expect when you go over the recommended dosage of stims at any given time. I’ll have to endeavor to be more careful in the future. Perhaps not simultaneously test on myself while also testing on another because the intelligence stim made me think it was faster and more efficient. Mmm… I can see the early stage of the effect in my last two messages as well, At least i managed to keep a mostly coherent record. At least until the second file. Additional note. I’m apparently not as good at drawing when I am full of stims. It is however aesthetically pleasing. I think I’ll keep the image as a datapad background for a bit.

Pantoran - Wookipedia. I know it’s not a Chiss but it’s close enough this time. Appearance wise.
Date: [Date of Varrec’s Death]

Well. This day has been quite a lovely day of trial and error… Mostly error? I’m uncertain. It’s not as terrible as it could have been after all. Of all things I find myself back on CZ-220, If not for the sake of the change of scenery but to organize my thoughts over this day’s events. Let’s recap for the sake of my own sanity. After a few days of medical rest I woke up to a Twi’lek making mining tools on my engineering bench. A wonderful sound to be woken up from. My fault for setting up that concealed bed under the bench. Then the lovely officer insisted I eat before going back to sleep. In my real bed. I woke up with it full of food crumbs. In hindsight I had mentioned that exact issue in foresight when I went to bed. Then when I actually finished cleaning the bed I found out that things has gone quite… Badly in the city. I had connected to the comm channel of my associates to find they were obviously quite shaken in the aftermath of a situation that I missed because I failed to properly account for the irritation qualities of breadcrumbs. Probably ideal. I likely would have been in the way or gotten shot. I decided the best option to proceed was to fetch a meal for them both. But I hit a few too many zeros on my order and ended up with far more food than I had initially wanted. I carted it all over to … somewhere. While there I did me best to console both of my associates. I feel I made fair progress. But there were several complications at the location. And so dealing with them each as I could with my experience. It felt good. So I suppose I’ll accept that as progress then. Afterward I returned back to my apartment to try and clear my mind. I couldn’t so now I find myself wandering the halls of the station for Fibreplast scraps just to keep busy. Still. It can always be worse. Hmmm… a call? I wonder what this is about now…
-End of File

A few hours later a small addendum is added to the file Never mind. Today is no longer the worst. Not the best but I cannot truly complain anymore.

Some point after the raid on the tower a significant amount of garbage and corrupted data is upload to the cloud server Hriste uses for journals. It’s quite possible she’s doing it for the sake of possibly trying to recover it at some later point.

Orisai - Unknown Artist. Found it on another forum.

Date: [A few days after the previous upload]

Few things can make your day complete like getting electrocuted. Twice. While being shot at. And then nearly blown apart. I can now say that I have had such a lovely experience. An experience I do not seek to repeat. Among that I have learned to appreciate why Ira prefers a non-carnivorous life style. I’ve begun to recover my usual appetites finally but it was rather unpleasant remembering enemy soldiers becoming little more than ground meat in the battle every time I tried to have something to eat. However once again I find myself sitting in a workshop tapping various bits of material together for little reason other than to see if they click. My progress has stalled somewhat it seems. But I know I will pick it back up again soon. In other news I helped Zain with some dancing lessons. An amusing little distraction and my effort showed immediate improvement over his tripping over his own feet beforehand. I also started picking up on his training once more. If he wants to succeed he’s going to have to learn to adapt to my full expectations rather than the effort he has been showing before hand. While he thrives in combat. He lacks situational awareness and insight into cause and affect. He needs to start thinking outside of the box and looking for solutions beyond the obvious. I set him to a trial in that regard. He performed exactly as I expected. I’ll have to look into better trials in the future.

Date: Today (07/20/19)

System Connection: Active.

(Credit: Promotional trailer for possible System Shock 3 game)

Chiss by LibelluleVerte
Date: Today (08/08/2022)

Wait. This is still active? I half thought it would be broken like everything else when I returned to this sector. Whatever. This works for me anyways.
It seems much has changed in the galaxy since my last entry. Certain permits have become outdated. New techniques in the fields of medicine and engineering have been discovered. Medical licenses have been revoked pending retraining. But it didn’t take me long to hammer together a starship once I acquired the materials so that’s an improvement on how things used to be. Regardless I’ve since been wonderfully reminded that desert worlds are hell and I hate them. Why would anyone want to live on a planet where you are practically boiling in your uniform every day. If not for my suit’s environmental systems I’d be far and away from this rock immediately. Regrettably everything that is important for everything I need to do is also on this particular rock.
As a side note I can say the quality of bounty hunters has gone down in the galaxy. There’s something called tact and grace that they seem to have lost. Blindly pissing off an entire tribe of Tusken just to try and shoot someone over a price dispute is absolutely embarrassing. Thankfully I’m not a bounty hunter. But I feel my ego bruised simply for being adjacent to that disaster… Actual bruises aside that is. Tusken don’t seem to care who pissed them off. All they seem to care is that they ARE pissed and you happen to be in sight.
I think I’ll leave this journal entry at that however. I’ve several more projects to contemplate now it seems.

1 Like

Jedi Knight by by aranggi

Date: Two days later (08/10/2022) After a certain lecture.

Further projects in Starship design have been quite successful. I’ve found myself doing quite a bit of work of late making designs for a few light gunships. regrettably the engineer guild doesn’t quite see the value of my work yet and I have found myself back on CZ gathering the trash to make starships I wouldn’t give to a kath hound for a chew toy. But they seem to insist that this is how things run so from the bottom up once again. At least my associate see the value of my work. Even if it means scouring the Tatooine orbit of asteroids for the smallest scrap of Gostian. Though I will say at least the Barinium is being put to use. Two and a half full crates of it were delivered to an associate of mine earlier today. While they did seem busy. I have little time for discussions of as I’ve heard it called “Hokey space religions” so I made my delivery and departed before they tried to convert me to whatever it is they do.

1 Like

Tri-wing Pegasus Starfighter By Porsche
Date: The Battle of Korriban (08/14/2022)

Ow. I must repeat that being electrocuted, burned, and blown up is not a favored past time of mine. Currently I’m write this journal entry to distract myself from the pain. Damn my throat hurts. Yelling out after nearly having it crushed probably didn’t help. So many of us are injured. I can add “survived a starship crash” to my list of things I’ve done. So many people I don’t even know. But I did what I could to keep people alive and despite one personal misadventure with a grenade and a horrible crystal of nope I think that went as well as could be expected. Currently I am on a ship can to republic space… I really just want to see my own bed now. At least the mission was a success.

Date: Random Stardate (08/21/2022)

In between margins of resource material logs and medical notes the following was scrawled in an excited and bold hand.
BUBSY LIVES!!!