Force Jump

If I’m not mistaken, I don’t think this is in yet, but it would be cool to see somewhere down the line. Not playing a Jedi or Sith myself at the moment but I thought of this iconic move and its application in the movies.

Have you ever seen a Force Jump that ended with the user getting into trouble? Normally they gain the advantage even when it seems ridiculous, and I think mobility attacks like this spice up what can sometimes be a very static, “watch and wait” combat cycle in this game.

So what if there were a Force Jump where you targeted someone with the ability, then made you play that “taking flight” animation. You land behind them and gain a bonus to AC for a couple rounds, while they lose some.

As far as alternative uses go, maybe you could use it on an ally and sacrifice some AC to give them some, or maybe instead of losing AC yourself, you generate a high amount of enmity because of the grandiose display.

Maybe some instant damage / small amount of shielding (depending on whether your target was hostile or friendly) could be cool too, since this move is usually paired with aerial kicks. So a small amount of bludgeoning, but maybe as the perk ranks up, there’s a small but growing chance to do the same kind of damage your primary weapon deals (because alternative critical hits are cool).

I think this would be pretty good post-revamp fodder for new force abilities. What do you think?

Idk about all that, but it would be interesting to see it implemented in the same way it was in Kotor 1 and 2, where it was an effective means to close distance between the PC and their target, and would give largely melee based force users a sort of ranged option as well as increased combat mobility

I like the idea of a mobility jump force power with possible upgrades into a ‘leap strike’ of some sort.

Dropping this here as it may be relevant to the conversation at hand. One-Handed → Lightsaber perks → Force Leap

Oh yeah. I missed that on the sheet. That’s a good one too, especially the short stun.

I tend to really like abilities that can be used in multiple ways but that one satisfies.

Perhaps a standard Force Leap and a Leap Strike that can be unlocked later? Sharing a cooldown if necessary?

I don’t know if its necissary to give Force Jump a combat application, but I would love to see it put into the game that lets you use that taking flight animatio to jump up and come down somewhere nearby, you can use it to go up or down platforms that are otherwise inaccessable. This could also be done with jetpacks as well

1 Like

I mostly mentioned having a target at all because of how area design works. Generally, free-target blinks can be used to get out of the playable area and cause all sorts of trouble.

If that could be solved, it would be great to include a jump that can go anywhere, not just a regular target, because it’d be cool if force users had a way to leap between platforms that other characters need to find a bridge to get across, for example.

1 Like

Hmm- Hi i’m new here! (like started yesterday new) IDK about it being a combat ability, However jetpacks and Force jump feat could be made with the creature NWN “Fly” ability. Allowing players to “Jump/Fly” from one point to another. The Fly ability while a bit powerful can be reserved as a Mid-late game crafting/Force reward (15), the quality and skill ranks = Distance of the jump being 10,15,20,25 meters as a 1->4 tier (level to unlock 15 20 25 30) system force points and fuel being used to midigate spam. Let people play out the boba fett fantasy while giving the force people nice mobility… IDK how to use this but could someone put in the memes of obi wan and boba flying and jumping about with the “hello there!” caption? ( Edit: Seems Sensible, Should be easy to implement, nice bit of flavor and fun, worthwhile investment. lastly FP and fuel keeps the spam “lowish”?)

2 Likes