Grenade Ideas

Want to get ideas flowing for grenades.

See here before commenting please: Consumable Grenades

I’m also unsure of the balance of the damage and duration numbers after the update.
All feedback appreciated, especially on the above.

It should be lower then a single target option but aoe. This allows for some variation in non force gameplay. The main thing I see them being however are utility things, such as flash grenades or stun grenades for cc. Maybe an ion grenade that does extra things if done on droids or even some aoe healing option that works with th medicine skill.

In your mind how does grenade proficiency work?
Is it going to cap at 10?
If so there needs to be caps on some of these, like a 10-60 round kd is a death sentence.
20d6 damage on the other hand, is going to average 70 damage which is pretty good overall (Before calculating in dr eating a good chunk of it at least)
How will they be resisted? If they are just once a round like normal consumables with no resistance their damage needs to be much lower or scale slower.
Blindness for 10-60 rounds is also effectively an I win button.

In KOTOR there were plasma (fire), cryo (ice), adhesive, frag, ion, flash (stun), concussion (also stun), sonic, gas (poison) and thermal detonator…

The ones that stuck enemies in place a few turns didn’t do as much damage and the differences between flash and concussion were minimal too kind of?
It did have some overlap with the types of mines too.
Correct me where I’m wrong because my memory isn’t perfect.

See here before commenting please: Consumable Grenades

Ideally we would use the existing Grenade Proficiency perks, which go up to 10 i believe.
However, this can change if needed.

My general thoughts are to use Throwing Skill to determine accuracy of the throw, strength to determine max distance, and Grenade Proficiency to scale the damage and possibly other effects. You could potentially throw your grenade at your party, or self, if skill and/or strength are very low. Also, all AoE effects will target friendly and non-friendly alike.

Investing in the needed Throwing Skill and Grenade Proficiency Perk are really all that is there at the moment. This is a significant investment is it not? Also keep in mind that grenades will have a cost to buy (or craft) as well as weight towards encumbrance.

Yeah, durations need to decrease in general and probably don’t need to necessarily scale with anything. What would a good average number be?

That linked me to the force powers chart, sorry.

It’s not taking you to the Consumable Items tab of the Google Sheet?

Nope! Might be an error on my part though.

Strange… well, here is what is there currently:

1 Like

Ah okay yeah. So everything the KOTOR games had plus two types of healing bomb? Neat! Thanks!