Hera Farr - Mandalorian Medic

Hera was born on Mandalore, raised among the other younglings she was quite happy often found with Mart. Rumor used to spread among the village that the two would likely wed and bare strong younglings together. Though that would never come to pass. As Mart got older, though he remained protective of her, Mart was training as a warrior with the others, his mind distracted by the war as Hera continued her training and soon he left to serve in the war. She wasn’t as strong or as brave as Mart but she could fight a bit and could hope to care for herself once he was gone. Time soon passed in relative quiet with more and more warriors leaving the village.

It had been nearly a year since the the smugglers and pirates invaded her village. Finding most of their warriors gone and or dead, they made easy work of what was left of the village. She had managed to escape the slaughter hiding in a nearby cave system though was battered and bloody from the ordeal. Many hours later after the sun had set, she could still see the glow from the village, creeping back she was met with nothing but the remains of her village, all dead. Fearing the return of the pirates and smugglers she fled the planet though over the course of the year found that Mandalorians weren’t welcome near anywhere.

Any place she settled she had to remain in hiding or risk being run out or attacked, her grip on Galactic basic was weak at best and it made it painfully obvious she was a Mandalorian when she would answer in Mandoa. For the near year of her life she spent it on the run, hopping planets scrimping and scrounging for survival before landing on Viscara. She was surprised to hear she had to earn her shuttle pass to the planet, but at least she wasn’t once again run out.

2 Likes

Log 001

I can’t believe this backwater planet, I actually had to work for them to be able to even come to the planet, but at least they aren’t chasing me out again. My grasp on Galactic Basic is still abhorrent at best so thankfully speaking Droidspeak managed to convey what I needed. They made me run heavy tasks which was hell to do on my own, but slowly after several serious medical check ups, I completed their tasks and was allowed to take their shuttle to Viscara.

I spent the majority of my time trying to complete some tasks and learned about guild tasks. This proved valuable for income and some training. I was heading back in to town after completing a task when I saw a man in Mandalorian Beskar, in my tribes colors. I was hesitant at first calling out to him in Mandoa to ask if he was a brother, he was as he answered me in Mandoa and expressed concern at my condition, when he removed his helmet I recognized him at one.

It was Mart. My Mart from Mandalorian. I would know him anywhere even if in my state, he didn’t recognize me anymore. He knew me the moment I identified myself. He brought me inside and made tea, wrapping his cloak around me, I must have been a heck of a sight because he was very worried. I know I am not in great physical condition but I know I am safe with Mart here, we are together now. Thats all that matters.

Log 002

I have been observing Mart and the people he stays close to, Sister Abushz is learning the way, very nice girl but has a lot to learn about the way and honor. Sandra, a redheaded woman he seems to have a strong attachment too, which he already confessed he has strong feelings for, she actually might be my real competition. Althea, she seems friendly from what I could gauge of her, speaks Mandoa pretty well. Ristin, a male chiss that seems to have a chip on his shoulder. Taryn who seems to have a guilty conscious about something, and has a general dislike of Mandalorians.

He finally confessed he loved me too, and was willing to commit to a relationship then and there, but I know his heart is aching very bad from his relationship with Abushz, so I told him we will take it slow, that I am glad to know he does infact love me, and when he is ready to commit more…he can. I spent the night soothing him to sleep, it was nice having someone to cuddle with for once.

Log 003

Can I do anything right by Mart? I try to support him, be caring and concerned when people are literally jumping down his throat or being needlessly harsh with him and its always “Hera enough” or “Hera stop”. Its never good enough for him. Maybe I should just stop trying to help…just keep my mouth shut and just stay out of his way. I seem to be good at that. Leave him alone, let him be the brave hero…I just sit back and be the pretty obedient lover on the side lines…kinda what I was already delegated to any other time…

A letter found on Hera, after her tragic end, blood lightly staining the paper

Mart, I don’t blame you. Please don’t blame yourself. I just don’t have the will to fight or carry on anymore. With you gone from me, there is nothing left anymore. My end will come one way or another, either in starvation, or I will gather the courage to maintain my honor and end it bravely. However it goes…I love you, I always have since we were little. You were my world. I always felt brave, strong and protected when you were by my side, and my night holding you, protecting you…was the best night of my life.

There is no star in the sky that shone brighter to me then you ever did. One day, I hope you can make things work better for you with the one you love. I don’t hate her either. I’m sorry I was never good enough, that I could never do things right by you. That I never understood that you could never want me. No matter what, I will be out of your way now.

Please never forget me, and never forget I have always seen you as the strongest man in the galaxy, no matter what anyone else says. May you be strong till you see me again on the eternal march…

Love forever
Hera Farr

2 Likes