Higher Level Enemies

I know the revamp is coming, and so far for legacy not many things are going to be tweaked based on suggestions, however the revamp is still a couple months away and it is incredibly painful to level up after 80.

I was in Tatooine, around the highest level mobs from Tuskens to Demons to Swimmers, and for 7 hours (this was from like, 6 am to 1 pm my time which is EU, server had maybe 10 people on) I killed things only to not be even half-way to my next skill level. It is incredibly under-rewarding to kill things for only 200-300 exp, especially when there aren’t many of them to begin with. To get about 1000-2000exp, you have to run around in empty expanses, trying to find mobs that will give you exp. I’d be fine with it if they were more in numbers and it wasn’t just running about %60 of the time. I have time, to do this, brain-dead running around in the sands to kill things, but not many else do. As much as I roleplay, mechanics are a part of the game, the killing part is a part of the game. It’d be nice if we got a map with things that at least give okay exp if not max. Or if some of the CRs were tweaked. Or perhaps spawnrate was increased. The server has many people now, and Tatooine being a 60-75 area means anyone who is level 80+ have to kindly leave the area when another person walks in to get EXP, unless they are evil and want to cut down their EXP by half. Many times I went to Tuskens, or somewhere, to have other people walking in, and had to leave to make sure they get their time’s worth.

I hope this doesn’t come off as the cryings of a powergamer or something. Thanks!

Just to put some useful information in here for builders.

• The intended skill level of a PC is 5x the CR of the creature as seen in the toolset.
  • Currently Sand Demons, ranged Tuskens, Sandswimmers and Sand Beetles are CR 16 (= 80 target skill) and Sand Worms are CR 18 (=90 target skill). Melee Tuskens are 15 (75 skill).
  • You get max XP if your combat skill is at least 6 levels below the CR (so Sand Worms give max XP up to skill rank 84; beyond that it starts to decline).
  • You continue to get a small amount of XP until 4 levels above the CR (so Sand Worms will give XP until level 94).

So - beyond rank 84, the only thing that will give XP is sand worms.

There is a planet ready to 90 but because of the revamp it was delayed

Honestly I’d be just as happy if the total amount of xp needed after you hit 75 in a skill was reduced. At least then RP xp would be meaningful at higher levels. 3k a tick is the equivalent of killing 2 sandworms, and it takes a heck of a lot less time to kill two sandworms as it does getting an rp tick.

You can grind and grind and grind and only get part of the way to a single skill level up.