Ira'dana: The heritage of fire

mood music: ignite

ira’dana watches the fire for a long time then her imagination start to play as she begin to see the shape of her father in the flames, dancing the fluid combat of a fire dancer, the twin vibroblade ritual brands flame and heat almost mesmerizing to Ira.

Almost in a reflex she begin to mimic the movement from her memories, dancing in a duet to the imagine even if anyone else would just see her dance alone. Her father’s voice echos in her mind…

“Snowflake, of all my daughters you only one who have the fire within you to accept this form and all it means, my heritage as a fire dancer. Just like echani art is to be part of you then this weapon and the fire will be part of you.”

She stop the dancing like moves as she give a tiny frown. Wishing she had completed the teaching fully but her frown sudden turn to a curious expression. She closes her eyes for a moment to recall the weapon her father used before shaking her head and she run into her home and over to the study desk before starting to work on schematic.

“I dont know exactly how it created though, i know the basic though i never learn how to create a ritual brand, how would i create the heated uh burning blades?”

She keep working but often end undo few vital part in the schematic. This go on for nearly a entire hour before she give a groan in frustration.

“Need to seek the answer for this…though where could i possible get such information”

2 Likes

(( Enjoy the insight to Ira’s past and daily life :smiley:

mood music: ships that pass in the night

ira lies in her bed, twisting and turning as a dream unfold …

She sees herself as 17 year olds, back in her home. Playing prank on the oldest sister Shi’dana, as she had put a small bag of flour under the training dummy’s vest. Shi’dana strike it and a small explosion of white flour puff into her face and she stand there for a second then…

Shi: “Iraaaa’dana !!”

A giggle escape Ira as she get chased around the house with the flour covered Shi after her, they pass the middle of the sisters twice, Isi’dana who shake her head with a amused look. Isi’dana then manage to grab Ira as both she and Shi carry Ira toward the little creek nearby all while Ira wiggling and trying to escape then they try to throw Ira into the shallow water only for them all to end in it and they look at each other before laughing for a moment as it turn into a splashing fight.

Their mother come out at the sounds of them and look at the daughters messing around as she place a hand on her hip, trying to give a stern face though end cracking into a grin.

Mother: “alright girls, go get dry before you catch a cold and dinner is ready soon.”

All the girls: “Yes mother”

They all head into the house dripping water on the floor as their father come out of the kitchen wearing a apron, he look at the sisters and give a little smirk.

Father: “Causing a scene again, snowflake?”

Ira reply in a innocent tone ‘no’ before getting overruled by her sisters. The father grins a little and send them of to get dry before returning into the kitchen. Each of the sisters go into their rooms and soon after come out dry and in new clothings and move to sit at the table while their father come out of the kitchen with the pot of stew. Their mother follow suit as she places the bowls and spoons then everyone sit down and begin to get their potions.

After the dinner with varies small talk Ira end in the kitchen to help with the dishes along with her father while her mother and sisters go outside to train again.

Father: “Snowflake you know the path you chosen means you one day have to be boring and stern.”

Ira give a small sigh and nods. “I know father, just as you taught me. Once i wear the mask and robe i have to be a smouldering fire, barely expressing myself even among family, being looked down on from hiding myself.All so i may become one with the dance of fire during a fight”

Her father reached over and ruffle her hair as he did when she was younger while giving a gentle smile as he replies: “It will be boring and hard for one who have the fire of life within but it exactly because of that i fully believe in you, to bring the dance of fire to life when required …yours will be beautiful to behold”

The next morning at early sunrise the family wake up, the sisters go about preparing for the new day though Ira grab pillows from each their room and move to the bathroom then start to throw pillows at her two sisters with a giggle. Shi’dana give a light groan as she get hit while brushing her hair.

Shi’dana “Ira’dana you have too much energy!”

Isi’dana then decide to join in on the fun as she too throw pillow back at both her sisters and a pillow fight begin, Their mother open the door just as a pillow hit smack in her face then give a sigh even though she end joining for a small while as even more pillow fly around before finally laughing softly and hold a hand up.

Mother: “Alright girls, enough fun for this morning, you all got training routine to fol-”

Only to get interrupted as their father poke his head into the room and cut her off “Food first then training”

Mother: “You right, so clean up this mess then go food and no i do not accept the excuse Ira’dana started it”

Ira’dana grining reply: “Mean you have to help clean up”

Their mother give a smirk and reply no since Ira’dana started it and leave only for all the girls to let out in unison “Not fair !” which causes the sound of their father laughing in the little distance from the stair. The sisters quickly go about cleaning up and get ready before rushing down the stairs to the table and sit down as the family enjoy the food with small talks. It quickly fall into training talking between Shi’dana,Isi’drana and their mother around light weapon and Ira’dana end talking to their father for her training.

After the food the two sisters and the mother leave outside while Ira’dana help with the dishes before following her father outside. She see her two sisters kneeling in meditation beside each other before she does the same a little distance. Their parent join them as a entire hour passes by before they all start to do some light running and excises then finally they go to get the weapons, metal blades with dull edges. Ira two sisters get light weapon and face of with their mother and Ira get the twin vibroblade and face of with her father.

What was before a quiet time now is noisy as the sound of combat echo from the family sparing and training. Ira’s mother give advices and correct her sisters while her father correct her. This go on for two hours straight with no pauses before they finally allowed a break. Isi’drana fall flat on her rear catching her breathing before Ira’dana rushes over sit on her legs with the side to her. Isi’dana give a sigh but smile as she reply to it.

“Shi’dana is right, you have way to much energy after all the time you been training with that weapon and got used to it”

Ira’dana just give a little giggle before Isi take out some candy and throw it, saying ‘fetch’ and Ira end looking between her comfortable seat and the candy a couple of time then jump up and rushes over to the candy, muttering something about bribing but eat the candy greedy and happy as the rest of the family grin at the scene.

The break is short lasting before the sisters get back to even more training, this time in the echani art and hand to hand combat. Through most the day this continue with hours of training and short break, only one larger break for food before they resume. It only toward early evening they stop and start to go about the duty in the house.

Ira’dana is cleaning the kitchen and living room, Isi’dana is cleaning other rooms and Shi’dana is helping their mother in the town. After some time Shi’dana and their mother return with bags and Shi go outside for own brief training.

A typical day for Ira’dana like any with the same strict rutine spiced her own pranking nature amomg her family. Usual only stopped in the event they get visitors in which case everyone act proper with conduct and subtle behaviour.

Toward the late evening in the kitchen with her father as she help cut vegetables her mother barge into the kitchen looking annoyed. “Darling, the outsiders is here again asking for Ira…”

Her father give a sigh as he look upon his family gathered around him then tell them to follow their mother before walking toward the hatch to the basement. Ira and her sisters get moved to the second floor with a small window. Outside a group of four people stand. A moment later her father step outside the door and walk up to the group, dressed in the robe and mask with the flame symbol and carrying his ritual brand.

her sisters give a frown and silent look between each other in surprise and confusion while her mother just sigh and mumble something about no more hiding it but Ira watches with intense curiosity, this was the first time she seen her father being outside the house wearing the outfit and ritual brand. How he softly walked up the group with confidence in his step to the group. While the family could not hear what was being said then the bodylanguage of the outsiders was like a open book, every moment signal increasing shift from polite to frustration and final hostility.

Two outsider draw vibroblades, another a blaster pistol as the third give a hand motion to the rest. Ira’s father grab his ritual brands as the blades start to turn red hot and line of flickering flames appear across the edges. The outsiders give a pause in surprise of the sight before Ira’s father start to swirl the twin vibroblade, leaving the illusion that a circle of fire spinning in the air then begin to move as he combine the attacks, deflection with the movement into the form of a fire dancer, making the fighting look like a graceful dance.

Ira’s eye open wide with admiration at seeing the full teaching unleashed even she worried about her father but the outsiders was caught ofguard and the two with vibroblade only manage to get one attempt in then collapses at the same time, he spin and dance between the blaster shots as the fiery movement of the blades edges closer to the third while the last outsider read the situation and run. When it finally over the family meet in the living room where it become clear her father was not fully in one piece, a blaster shot had graze his left arm.

The mother rushes over and start to tend to the wound as the father give a sigh. “We out of time, sorry my love but we have to do what we talked about…it for her own good, they will keep coming…”

Everyone end looking toward Ira with a sadden expression who just look confused “M-mother, Father…sisters what yo-”

She get interrupted as her sisters grab her and move to Ira’s room and pack a bag of essential clothing all while Ira protest then she dragged into the living room again as both her mother and father is bowing with the hands outreached, shared among their hands rest the slim elegant engraved box, open with with velvet purple inside and a mask with the fire symbol on the forehead.

Both her mother and father speak in unison: “Even if we seperated by the stars our bond persist, May honor follow you as the flame is passed on. No matter who look down on you for carrying the flame, no matter what you face then you are of clan Cali. Our honor and bond persist through the stars.”

Ira now at the point of tears as she little shaking take the box then her entie family surround her and hug her just before she start crying, Each of them whispering their last wisdom and parting words. two advice stick out from them all. Train, improve and that she should let her jesting nature take over in the outside world since outsider do not read bodylanguage that well.

Everything turn into a blur as everything happen so fast and in the end she find herself in a cargo container, biting her own lip as the door closes between her and the last sight of her family, her father looking proud but sadden, her mother who show regret and her sisters that trying to give a brave face through all their willpower.

Back in real world Ira tossed and turned enough that the bed cover is on the floor all while giving a light sleeping whimper. “No i dont want to go…”

She end dreaming of being inside the container with a tiny light,the inside was padded and not uncomfortable,beside her lies a datapad with few comic on it to pass time. She shivers as she read the comic but not from cold, the event left her shaken, sad,afraid,pain she not felt before.

What feel like hours pass by before she notice the ship give a little shake then the sound of the engine in the distance dies down.The sound of talking close by before the doors open to reveal the lithe young Echani adult girl covering in the corner of the container, holding her hands up to block the light. Despite being scared her trained reflex kick in and she get into a combat stance at the shadowy form outside the container before her silver eyes adjust to the light and she sees a Cathar male gentle reaching out his big hand, offering it as she hear the words.

“Its okay child, you safe. Your father entrusted you to me as a friend, Come i have prepared a room and hot meal await you”

Ira keep the stance as she listen to the deeper voice even it gentle, her eyes instinct tries to read this stranger for a moment before she let go of the combat stance and slowly take a step forward then another, She reach out her hand but retreat it, again instinct reading the Cathar who dont move and finally places the hand on his. She gentle pull into a warm embrace as he speak deep but softly in basic.

“I know you scared child, even sad but that okay. You dont have to trust my words, just do your echani thing and judge for yourself”

Another male Cathar appear who seem to be part of the spaceport, speaking in a strange language while pointing at Ira. While she dont understand the words it clear to her that this male is not happy about her. He is however soon looking down and nods stiffly after a reply from the Cathar who hold her. She is let go as the Cathar walk into the container and take her belonging before gentle guiding her outside the spaceport to a speeder and finally they roaring off and away from the city. Ira dont respond, she is not even looking at the views passing by. She keep looking down in her arms where the slim elegant engraved box is hugged close to her while the Cathar male stay silent, likely knowing there is little to do to push her out of it.

Eventually the speeder stop at a great wealthy house in the countryside, As she get out another young Cathar male rushed up from the front door with a grin and wave to the older male Cathar before reaching his hand right infront of Ira who by a warrior reflex drop the box, grab his arm and send him flying over her, using his own weight against him, he end on the back in the grass and give surprised look before laughing then speak in little rugged basic. “I like her already, she got spirit”

His father face palm softly and look down at his son. “You asked for that, she a echani and right now she deal with a loss and confusion. Give her some time to adjust”

As the two walk into the main door with Ira little behind she notice a third person peeking out from behind a pillar, greenish skin and female looking with strange small tattoos. Their eyes lock for a second before the Mirialan step forth with the hands behind her back and speak little cryptic. “Another soul, a warrior soul found shelter…”

Ira is guided to her new room and told she get the hot meal soon. She slowly inspect her new room. Everything she would need as she begin to unpack the little belonging she have, a knock on the door is heard as she stand up and turn toward it before it open as the young male enter with a bowl of food and spoon and place it on the desk, he seem unsure as if wanting to talk though Ira still behaviour as she watches him closely seem to make him reconsider before he eyes the slim elegant engraved box curious and take a step toward it, as if a trap sprung Ira jump and slide between the box and him, getting into a combat stance without a word. He back up slowly and nods then leave the room.

Ira’s stoic and guarded behaviour did not change for four weeks but at the end of the fourth week she stood in the living room with all three and clenches her fists, pushing herself to cross a boundary of grief and confusion, pushing through the stoic and guarded behaviour she been taught as fire dancer as she finally speak the first words ever to her new odd ‘family’ even if it something as a simple as… “m-m-m-m-morning…”

The father of the young Cathar give soft smile and exhale in a light relief, the young Cathar perk up at finally hearing her voice all while the Mirialan give a light bow of her head. Ira however end looking away being self conscious as a little blush creep in, almost ready to leave before the older Cathar speaks.

“Morning my child, it ease my heart to hear your voice after all this time. Small steps child, dont feel like we pushing you. I know your father taught this way and you using it to stay alert.”

Both the young Cathar and Mirialan nods in agreement as Ira look back at them…then the dream stop suddenly

Ira sit up in the bed breathing heavy as the dream is shattered, her eyes instinct fall toward the slim elegant engraved box for a moment before curling up and hugging her knees, calming herself as she wipe her watery eyes with a hand then finally notice the bed cover on the floor with a soft frown before getting out of bed and prepare it again.

“gee, stupid dream. I am okay, i trained, i have friends. My family would be happy to know how far i gotten even if they miss me, even if i miss them too. Though i am not ready to carry the flame openly father, i lack the last part of your teaching, i lack a ritual brand and i am afraid i end pushing anyone away even uh…i could do as you did…”

Ira then move toward the shower and prepare for a new day.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh3VJ1E36W4

Ira swirl the twin vibro blade in a graceful and elegant manner as her step mimic a dance, sparks fly as the blades hit her father’s ritual brand. The two locked in a eerie beautiful and deadly dance with the blades moving in fast and hard to predict manner.

This was the 5th day with brutal training from her father as she pushed beyond what she ever had to learn the Flame Stance, it was getting very late and Markus and Sasri had retired to sleep.

She was getting exhausted and her muscles was screaming at her but she kept up all her willpower and regardless of her progress over the five days she still was getting pushed back by Maru’dan, her father, Who held very little back to teach his daughter the flame stance.

Isi’dana tired appear and her jaw drop at the display before her eyes, sparks and flame spinning out from their father’s ritual brand. After a moment Maru’dan stops and nods at Ira as he speak

“Almost have it Snowflake but it late, go with Isi’dana and get some rest”

Ira give a low groan with a small smile before Isi help her to their room.
Isi: “You gotten so much better then i remember but you should not push yourself that much”
Ira give a small bashful grin at the nostalgic memory of Isi looking after her.

They enter the room and get in bed, sharing a room due to the guests.

Next morning their mother come by and wake up Ira who give a low groan and get up, most her normal energy seem gone as she go shower and get dressed then head downstairs to the table and sit down, She give a soft smile at the entire family as well Sasri and Markus while Maru’dan is serving the food.
The family start talking about the day routine, more to to guide the guest into it.

Both Isi’dana and Shi’dana is looking curious at Sasri and Markus and try to ask common question, what they do and where they from before the mother step in.

“That enough girls. Time for the day training, first meditation and then excises and weapon training. That mean you two as well” She give a little grin at the guest before everyone go training hall and sit down for meditation.

When that done the mother practical grab Markus and drag him outside. “Come come you could use the run and push up”

Ira give a little grin at her pushy mother before giving a light shove on Sasri to follow Markus before she start to get ready for yet a gruelling training with her father.

The memory fade…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJhhV4rrGL0

Ira find herself back in the house on Viscara and looking into a closet with the robe and her own ritual brand beautiful engraved. She give a smile while tracing a hand over on the engraving.
“Everyone was well though i am now finally a firedancer. My darkness also gone…”

She grab the ritual brand as she turn it on, the blades start to heat up rapidly as it turn glowing hot then fire licks along the blades.

"This ritual brand is part of me now, it was my Telc’la, i pour everything that is me into it. Uh little late Telc’la though it okay. "

She turn of the blades and place it back before grabing the robe and put it on then grab the ritual brand and place it on the back.

“I also finally got a lead to why i been chased, a trophy collector?. Gee it make me upset to think this person been having me as mark since i was teen and they clearly got too much credit, three hundred thousand if i am taken alive with not even a blemish…gee though now i know this person have tie to Sleheryon…”

She grab the mask and put it on then head outside and draw the ritual brand.
“As much i want to dig deeper it have to wait, As a firedancer my first objective is to figure out how to help Sasri and Damien. Even if i have to face the night then my fire will light a path. I promise this Damien, i will find you…and bring you back if you need it”

4 Likes

Another memory rushes through Ira head as she tries to meditate. She let herself slip into it.

She sees herself as 10 year old girl back home with her family. Her father Mara’dan had taken her behind the house near the forest edge.

“Snowflake it time you learn about the fire of life that is to burn inside you if you wish to be a true Firedancer.”

Little Ira tilt her head while looking up at her father “What you mean father…”

He give a small soft chuckle then ruffle her hair lightly before kneeling down on the old fire place.
“Everything in life is not nice but a firedancer feed on all the good thing, all the fun thing and all the love. By drawing upon on the fire we able to bust into the dance you seen me do with the sheer wish to protect all that dear to us and we even able to do so for strangers knowing what life is…”

Ira give a tiny giggle at the hair ruffle before rocking back and forth on her feet while listening. Then give a small confused look and ask: “How do all the thing help me?”

Maru’dan pick up a branch and lit it on fire then show it: “Imagine this is the fire you feel for me as your father. Alone it a tiny puny flame, barely staying lit”

He then grab another branch and lit on fire. “Now imagine this for your mother…”
Maru’dan keep litting small branches one after another. “Isi’dana, Shi’dana, pranks, my food”
He keep litting them but keep them seperated: “Each one alone is a tiny puny flame , struggling to stay but …combine them”

He put all the branches together as the fire merge into a larger and taller flame. Ira eyes widen lightly with a oooh escaping her. “Big flame!”

Mara’dun give a soft chuckle as he place the branches in the old fireplace: "Do you understand now, Snowflake. When you combine these thing the fire of life burst forth strongly. it our wish to protect all that close to us and even beyond, it our wish to continue enjoying life with those around "

Ira tilt her head lightly with tiny confused expression, Maru’dan give a little grin: “Maybe hard to understand fully now but you will. Maybe this help. What is a bond snowflake?”

She give a thoughtfull expression then jump: “Trust, truthfullness and love”
Her father give another soft chuckle his youngest daughter energy then nod: “Good, As a echani trust and truthfulness is build easy through echani art among our people. There is different type of love, those for your family, those for your friends and later those you kiss without us knowing”

Ira give a silly wrinkle: “Daaaaad” which just recite a soft laughter from her father as he ruffle her hair gentle again before asking :" Tell me again what is a firedancer is "

Ira give a pout at the laughing before replying as if she heard it multiply times: “protector of our people, protector of our bonds. A Fire to warm and keep safe through the truthfullness of our dance”

Maru’dan smiles with a nod then motion her to continue before she give a sigh reciting a part the young child dislike “Even if we sacrifice ourself to do so, we are warriors still”

The memory start to fade…

3 Likes

As Ira sleep in a restless sleep a rare memory start to shrine through her subconscious as a dream…

She see herself as a 15 year old in her home, dressed up in a more fancy robe as she sit kneeled in the room. Outside voices can be heard.

One is her own father Maru’dan and two outsider she never heard.

Female Voice 1: “you do realise the council need to see Ira within a year to official accept her as your apprentice, daughter or not… we need to witness the Right of Ascension”

Maru’dan: “Ofcourse Council member Lia’rel. Ira’dana will not disapoint the Echani Command expectation”

Female voice 2: “That calm my worry, i was sadded at hearing of Maru’dan of Clan Cali retireing in these trying times but i cant wait to see another clan Cali arise in your footstep. There is a few promising indivual coming up such as Y’serna of clan Lsu.”

The door open and Ira give a light bow in the seated position to the two council female before standing up gentle. She notice a third younger woman behind the council females, wearing the symbol of Clan Lsu who return a bow of the head.

All three turn and leave the home and the training resume for Ira as the dream fast forward to a year later…

Ira is taken to the city and the larger council building that heavy guarded by Echani soldiers who give small bow of their head toward Maru’dan as they entered the building. Inside look beautifully with silver and golden pattern as well varies engraving along the top of the walls of the main meeting hall. A symbol of the moon hang in the back of the semi circle of chairs where varies females sit of varies ages.

The murmurs in the meeting hall fade as Ira sudden feel all eyes at her and her father before a echani male step out and speak : “Honorable council and Echani Command, Maru’dan and Ira’dana of Clan Cali is here”

Both Maru’dan and Ira’dana give a little bow right after that before a eldery female stand up from chair with a small smile :" Thank you for responding to the summon even i know you live outside the city. Feel free to take some fruit and something to drink while we await on Echani Command be ready"

The murmurs start to pick up around the visitors and council members but Ira can shake the feeling of being watched and take a small breathing before accepting a apple and starting chewing it. She notice few female with miltary uniform starting to appear and few males with them.

After a while the tension in the meeting hall shift to more a serious one as the murmurs fade and the council members stand up while other important people like miltary stand on each side of the hall watching. “It time to witness the Right of Ascension of Ira’dana of clan Cali, daughter of Maru’dan Cali”

Maru’dan step forward and give a bow as Ira follow suit as two female in uniform step forward and hand them both a twin blade outstretch in their hands. After taking one each they step back in the middle of the meeting hall and Ira take a deep breathing nerviously before pushing it away and get into focus though briefly broken as she notice the younger female from Clan Lsu watching.

What follow was fight of skill between father and daughter for all to witness, although Ira lack the full training of Firedancer and flame stance she keep up with her father a little. This almost go on for two hours as a test and dedication to be displayed before all the people infront of them. Eventually Ira fall on her rear end exhausted still not able to beat her father.

The meeting hall echo with claping hands for a moment as Ira look around surprised and only then remember she just fought infront of many people, important people even but finally stand up and give a bow beside her father.

One council member speak up: " I whole hearted felt her dedication by watching her movement, She carry the firedancer’s mark of truth in her movements. I accept hereby Ira’dana of clan Cali as the official student and inheritage of Maru’dan Cali firedancer path. Sisters do you judge my words to fit this? "

She look at the other council members who smile softly and nod in agreement at the sentiment. Ira eyes open wide and smiles as a burden is liften from her shoulders, a pressure she felt since she been there. One of the council member motion forth the young female of clan Lsu. Who step over beside Ira…

The council member smile and place a hand on each of their shoulder: “I am Lia’rel of Clan Ul’dri, It my honor to take your vow in. Although Y’serna here have to speak to Echani commander Ne’dra so go my child…”

Y’serna bow before walking over toward a female in uniform and Ira focus on Lia’rel who take step back on and hold out her arms as the entire meeting hall fall silent with full attention at the council member and Ira.

“Ira’dana of clan Cali, do you vow to the moon to protect the Echani and Eshan with all you fire?”
Ira bow her head and reply a firm yes.
“Do you accept from this day hence, your life is Eshan and Eshan is yours?”
Ira again firmly reply yes.
“Do you accept any summon and call from Echani Command, where end you would be in the galaxy?”
Ira once more nod and reply firmly yes.
There is a pause before the words continue: “Then firedancer apprentice, speak your truth to the council”

Ira blinks knowing the meaning of that and take a breathing before placing a hand on her chest and look at the everyone infront: “I, Ira’dana of clan Cali with the moon as witness, vow to be protector of Echani and Eshan foremost .To answer any call from Echani Command at any time, to protect my bonds. Until my last ember disappear. Eshan is my life and my life is Eshan, by the witness of the moon!”

Maru’dan standing back give a proud expression at witness his daughter vow as the entire meeting hall end claping softly for a moment before the female in uniform step over to Ira and give light bow.
"I am Echani commander Ne’dra of clan Ea’ri. I will be responsible for you future mission though you mostly would be in contact with Echani command agents, maybe one day be one yourself, Y’serna of clan Lsu is undertaking training for one though for now, honor your vow and keep training to be a firedancer, Ira’dana of clan Cali "

The female step back and Ira sudden recall the voice of the unknown female a year back…she turn and walk over to her father though she catches some mistrusting look toward her and she end looking at her father who just give a smile and whisper: “Some will always look upon with critical eye because we do hide our face but dont worry snowflake, your action and dance will show them your truth. I am proud of you …”

2 Likes
                        **The duties of being home**

Ira sit in a small control room along with two other Echani command agents, watching monitors. Each leading a small team in a operation elsewhere. muffled fighting sound and blaster shots can barely be heard through the people comms.

operator 1: “Earth team facing heavy resistance in the east wing”
operator 2: "River team blocking west wing, Sky team is a go! "
Ira’dana: “Sky team, push ahead through the main corridor while Earth and River provide cover, breach and entry tactic on the large central door, i repeat beach and entry”

Few moment later a voice echo over the speaker “Target is secured, i repeat target is secured”

At that moment the three people in the room exhale and stand up to face a Echani command officer who smiles gentle and nod before replying: “Good work agents, this might had been practice but the more experience you get doing this the better respond and order you can give which save lives. You all dismissed, go eat and drink.”

Everyone almost in speaking at once the same line : “May the moon guide!”
As the two other exit the room the officer gentle place a hand on Ira’s shoulder and speak lowly: “You seem distracted Firedancer, something you want to share?”

Ira’dana give a small sigh before nodding and speaking back lowly: “Sir, i dont get why we do all this practice and training but Echani command dont send more help to frontline near Viscara. I am aware it outside our space but …would it not be better to prevent the frontline getting closer to Eshan?”

The officer give a nod in thought: “It not wrong logic Firedancer but politic and other concern do not make it as simple as it sound. Regardless, you been requested to guard Council member Lia’rel during a meeting.”

Ira bow her head lightly before grabing the firedancer mask with a flame symbol and put it on “May the moon guide”

She exit the room and walk down the hallway toward Lia’rel room, walking by other Echani in uniform who nod polite in the passing before Ira reach the room then knock on the door before the voice invite her in and she step inside, closing the door behind her. “Firedancer Ira’dana at your service, as you requested honorable council member Lia’rel.”

Lia’rel smile softly: “Very nice of you, afraid it going to be a boring time for you but come along then”

Ira follow along silently as she lead through hallways and doors and finally entering a large room with a large curved desk and take position behind Lia’rel’s seat like a statue. Lia’rel was not wrong when she warned it be a boring time for Ira. Time go by as she stand in the position and toward the evening the meeting break up and Lia’rel give the hand motion that Ira’dana is dismissed.

Ira walk out in the garden before taking off the mask and hook it in the belt before another female Echani step by and angle her head. “Off duty finally, Ira ?”

Ira give a light smile and nod “I am, Nia”
Nia: “great let me give you a drink, look like you could use it”

And so the two head outside the complex and unto the street where they find a cafe and sit down on table outside. Nia go inside to get the drinks for them both as Ira look after her, she did not know Nia for long and mostly from working in the complex but it was nice change of pace. Nia then return and place a cup of tea infront of Ira and sit down next to her.

Nia: “How are you settling in after Viscara, with all you been through it …slow is it not ?”
Ira cant help but to give a small smirk before sharing some of her experience with Nia, the friends, the fights, the life she lead on the Viscara. Nia take in the tales almost like a kid hearing a exciting story as the tea slowly disappear from their cups through the talking and time passes.

Nia: You so lucky, i am stuck with training and training and here you almost do some much you could be a town hero if not more"

Ira shake her head lightly: “You learn what you done do not matter in the long run, People’s life continue and so do their concern and thoughts. What really matter is you feel like you found your place and happy with what you do. Right now it training for you but soon enough, that training will be put to use and you find a place for yourself during this”

Ira give a small sadden expression as her thought fall back to those still on Viscara, most of all Feya before Nia pick it up and ask directly: “You not feeling your place is here …or you missing people back there?”

Ira give a small chuckle: “No, no i do not but that one in all the stories i told, i never truely found my place i just tried to do what i could do though you right i do miss those back there. Anyway it late, thanks for the company and talk”

The two stand up and walk back to a building, a barrack of sort seemly before saying their farewell for the day and Ira go her room and prepare for the new day, another day of being agent with its training and duty all while feeling a growing urge to return to Viscara.

1 Like

Another early morning at home with its duty and routine some month later, A couple of Echani rushing through a obstacle course but during so make Ira aware of just what changed with her, her muscles make her able to jump little higher, run faster and climb faster and her time fighting on Viscara had refined and honed her endurance and stamina and it not long before she put a distance between her and the rest of the Echani private and agents. She hear Nia little behind “If Ira can so can i !”

At the end of the course the officer give a nod as Ira pass the finish line: “Maybe i should not clock you to be fair to other but amazing, Firedancer”

Ira give a small shrugs not caring about getting time or record as she grab a towel and dry the sweat from her face then glances over as Nia come fourth if ignoring Ira being first before she leaning forover with the hands on the knees catching her breathing : “Hah …you not even Hah tired ?..what sort Hah insane training you had on Hah… Viscara?”

Ira give a small smirk at that before handing her a canteen of water that Nia quickly drink from as Ira talk: “You heard a little of that but it more how my body is now as well so do not look down on yourself, fouth place without me being here is quite good, Nia”

The officer give a satisfied nod toward Nia before she smile a little happy with the praise of achievement of the day. All the Echani leave the field and head to the showers.

Some time later in the mess hall of the complex, Ira sit alone in the gallery uniform with the ritual brand on the back and eating a meal. Quite a few Echani stop at her table and try to pick up a small talk for a moment before finding their own table. Despite being mostly the same rank as the other she gained the curiosity and admiration as a young ‘veteran’ from the outer rim by her peers. Something Ira have a mixed feeling on. On side she is content that she treated so well despite looking slightly of from the rest but on the other hand she also feel being watch more then she used to.

She finish the food and stand up with the plate and walk over to the counter to the kitchen and place as a male smile and bow his head to her. She return the bow of her head before turning and leaving the mess hall. On the way out a officer gentle stop her: “Firedancer, you own the moonlight angel company is that right?”

Ira blinks surprise and nod before the officer continue: “Regret to inform you our intel tells it been disbanded fully, Though the Echani command is curious what experience you have commanding a corvette or frigate”

Ira give a small frown at the news, briefly asking herself what it mean for Feya before she focus back to the officer and give a tiny shake of her head: "None, i did study for it though i never gotten to put theory to practice. "

The officer nod and give light smile : “I bring that along though for now you have small squad team contest to head to, Nia requested to be part of your team and i agreed. May the moon guide”

Ira give bow of her head before Nia rushes up all excited even she try not to show it and claps her hands ontop of each other infront of herself as if standing at relaxed attention before Ira give a tiny chuckle. The two walk off toward the field. Two other Echani stand waiting and bow their head, a female and a male. Behind is the field, high rock formation dotted throughout it and Ira look over it.

After a small talk with the team and leaning their strength in combat the officer walk up a staircase to a platform over viewing the field and raise his voice: “In this excise we training working in small team and leadership of such. In one end the team leader will be Rai. In the other end the team leader will be Ira’dana. The objective is simple. The team that left standing win!. You not kids so we not using blunt weapon, keep that in mind and do not go for fatal wounds !.”

As the sound to signal the start echo over the field the stillness is gone as figures rushes across it and commanding voices raised from each team leader as the sound of weapon clashes together follow. The fighting is tense and even and drag out but eventually one collapse from one team then one from the other and it not long before only two stand on each team. Nia looking worse for wear and stand near Ira who give a small frown at the losses then smirk, the other team leader is good… “Nia, i want you to keep their team member busy, i have faith in you. I will deal with their team leader…let dance!”

Within a blink of a eye the two set off, pushing their limit. Nia end pushing back the other team member and Ira clashes with the team leader and after bit of fighting starting to get pushed back. She briefly notice Nel stand victorious from her fight and just watching, not getting in the way of the previous order but her eyes betray she also watching in awe at the fighting. Ira jump back twice and exhale before she start to enter the flamestance for the first time, the twin blade start to swirl. “You good but let see how you deal with a firedancer!”

Ira start to enter the dance like fighting as the weapon swirl and her body turn and move fluid while the other team leader struggle to parry each blade coming and get push back unable to find a opening before he finally get smaller cut across his body one after another and grow weaker and tired and then Ira spin before the flat end of the ritual brand smack straight into his side and he send flying a tiny distance and land on the ground. In that very moment Nia let out a over excited cheer at the display, little unfiting for Echani while the sound to signal the end is heard. The officer raise his hand and voice : “Team Ira’dana is the winner”

Later in the medical wing everyone get tended to and Ira overhead Nia talking with the other, despite it all everyone had enjoyed the contest and she then congratulate the male who was the other team leader for his good work coordinating the team before leaving the medical wing and head for the outside and look toward the setting sun. Another day passed, another day away from her bonds. A light sigh escape her. “Wonder what Kairos is doing, Qyili, Kesh and Ali …and Feya, i miss you all…May the moon watch when i cant.”

3 Likes

Times keep flying and winter come. The city and complex covered in gentle white blanket of snow. Multiable Echani agents walking away from the complex carrying a sack over the shoulder as they going on a leave. Ira is among those. She walk off the streets behind three other agents as she hear them talk among themself lowly. Asking what each would do with the free time.

A small smile cross her lips as she briefly sees herself with Kairos, Ali and Feya before a voice catch her attention and she look over and nod toward Nia. “I asked what about you Ira?”

Ira smiles softly as she reply : “I am going home to my family near the forest”
The two travel together until they reach a speeder picking up Ira and she jump in. Nia say her farewell before the speeder take off.

A little later Ira stand infront of the house with the sack over the shoulder, the scene look peaceful with the snow gentle cover the roof top and landscape around then the door open and her sisters and father step out smiling, all of them bowing their head and Ira turn it before giving a small grin: “i am home”

Ira get inside before she swarmed and hugged warmly then she head upstairs to place the sack in the room before walking back down stars. She look at Isi’dana the middle of the sisters. “Where is our mother, Isi?”

Isi turn and shake her head gentle : “She still busy training the newer recruits, the war effort is getting more tense”

Ira nod before Shi’dana the oldest of them step into the hallway and smile lightly: “Despite the look your body have you also seem more mellowed out, maybe you wont be such a brat now.”

Ira give a small smirk :“Shi, i am still me so you know i am just waiting for a chance”
The three sisters end laughing lightly at the nostalgic feeling of family bond and the time in the past. Maru’dan appear and smiles warmly before placing his hands on Ira’s shoulders :"Snowflake, you are making me proud. You came so far from being a apprentice of mine and look at you now. Full fledge firedancer and one of Echani Command as well. "

Ira get a faint strange blue blush at the praises which only make Isi point and snicker before Ira realizing she showing a blush and the three sisters have a small moment of back and forth tease as Maru’dan just grin watching all of daughter interact then there is a knock on the door and Ira quickly use the moment to escape the little embarrassing interaction. She open the door and blinks at seeing Nia. After she inside and the door is closed Ira ask what brought her there.

Nia give a sigh and respond little dishearten : “My brother…he died in serving on a ship at the front. I want to invite you to the funeral rite. Its tomorrow…”

Ira give a understanding nod with a small frown: “I am sorry Nia, ofcourse i attend if that what you want”

The very next day at the sunset elsewhere a large pyre burn brightly and people stand around it, the family, the invited people and Echani command in their uniforms. A few pick up instruments and moment later soft music play as other start to sing the prayer verses and other like Ira back it up with a choir like singing. The family leading female step up with tears in her eyes as she toss a powder into the pyre that make it flash and flare up briefly as she speak loudly :" May the moon guide your spirit through your travel, your fight is over, you can rest in the shadow of the moon."

The Echani Command people and a officer gentle slam a fist to their left shoulder and bows at the pyre at those words, Ira included as they in union speak the words : “Eshan will last as long its moon watch and all who served can rest in peace watching us fighting on. May the moon guide!”

The family gather together. comforting each other in the trying moment and Ira give a small sigh before steping bit away to watch the rising moon as she mumbles: “Had anyone i know died back on Viscara, what about Feya?..i really want to know now.”

The officer step up infront of Ira and hold out a datapad: “Then it seem it your lucky day, Firedancer. Echani Command had decided to send you back as our agent. You already have experience of the place and connections. May you serve the Echani Command and Eshan well even we be hard pressed to support you out there.”

Ira take datapad and look over the mission request then bow her head to the officer: “I will make preparation to go there at once, may the moon guide”

1 Like