Iuyihp'uru - The "Lucky" One

[Placeholder so I can move things around and put some other stuff in here later]

Biography
Born and raised on Ryloth, she led a simple and peaceful life until the age of fourteen. She was the first child of two, the second being her baby brother who is younger than her by seven years. Her father was a bonesetter, a more primitive doctor of sorts and her mother a herbalist. The two were of respectable standing in the colony and gave Iuyih plenty of freedom to learn and explore life at her leisure.

Pirates attacked the colony and despite executing her parents decided to keep her and her brother alive. Now slaves, the two did what they could to survive on their ships as they continued their raids and were eventually taken back to their base. She was then separated from her brother and would never see him again, no matter how much the tried to find him on the expansive pirate haven.

Two years passed and she had showed a knack of patching up the pirates, earning her some favor and freedom to move around the base. Now, she was actually useful for more things than fetching drinks. Assigned to a ship, it must have been luck that a day after they left the haven it was obliterated by mercenaries after a Hutt Cartel had decided they would be a thorn in their side no longer as they refused to submit.

The ship she was on was soon also captured by the same Hutt Cartel and she was forced into a new type of slavery. Here she got to see how her people were treated by the Hutts. Fortunately, as were the theme, her skill as a medic meant she was assigned as just that instead of the ‘dancers’ the Hutts kept around. It didn’t make her life all that much easier, but she could move around more than they.

Barely a year had passed before her force-sensitivity became a fact. A cartel guard had decided to harass her only to be flung (in an according to Iuyih herself, “a very impressive backflip”) through the room. The Hutt decided that selling off this troublesome and clearly dangerous slave was the best option and it so happened that a Dark Jedi took interest.

She was in contact with the Dark Jedi that did not give his name as she was transported by ship, who taught her some of the teachings and promised her power and freedom of all bonds. The offer was very tempting and considering the alternative was death - she felt the choice was not a choice at all. She arrived to their base and training begun, harsh and unforgiving training that made her question when the ‘liberty’ part would start.

“You’ll get there, one day.” was what her Dark Jedi Master said as she lost to yet another beating. Another year had passed and Iuyihpuru had enough of this:
she was beyond tired of being every body else’s slave or thrall or apprentice for that matter. She was going to escape whether it killed her or not. Perhaps her master knew her intention and simply let her go, perhaps she really was that lucky. She managed to board a ship as a stow-away and escape the base, her travels eventually leaving her more or less stranded on Viscara.

8 Likes
  1. Where is your character from?
    Ryloth, where she enjoyed the innocence of her childhood.

2. How would you physically describe your character?
    An energetic looking pink-skinned twi’lek at 1.62 meters with a spring in her step. Her body is a slender one and bordering on athletic. Though her physical prowess could be described as average at best.

3. Does your character have recurring mannerisms?
    Making thoughtful sounds when thinking or considering something.

4. What is your character’s main motivation?
    Freedom for herself and her people, to no longer be exploited as slaves, thralls or similar.

5. What is your character’s greatest strength? Greatest weakness?
    Luck. Iuyihpuru seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time, which has gotten her out of many troubles and into opportunities that seem too good to be chance. Her weakness is not knowing when to shut up and an eagerness that gets her into the troubles in the first place.

6. What are your character’s most and least favorite things?
    She once had a piece of fancy headgear with very durable and scratch-resistant goggles that she unfortunately lost later when coming to Viscara.

7. What about your character’s psychology?
    Her strange luck, which is her force sensitivity manifest, has made her a bit bold and brazen when it comes to facing danger. She misses her childhood and the simplicity of a more primitive life. However, she also feels great excitement over being able to explore the galaxy and the comforts technology brings.

8. What is your character’s single greatest fear?
    To rot away as a slave.

9. What are your character’s highest ambitions, greatest love?
    Become a champion of her people and give them the liberty in the galaxy they deserve. Short of that, to dispose of the Hutt Cartels to at least make this easier.

10. What is your character’s opinion of where they are from?
    She has a lot of respect for those who are able to live peaceful and calm lives of simplicity, just like the kind she did during her childhood.

11. Does your character have any prejudices?
    Iuyihpuru thinks that anyone working willingly with Hutt Cartels are the scum of the galaxy.

12. Where do your character’s loyalties lie?
    Currently, with herself and her people.

13. Is your character in love. Are they married or betrothed?
    No, though they did have a fiance as a young girl. The bone ring she had gotten as a gift was lost when she was taken from her home world.

14. What about your character’s family?
    She remembers her family lovingly but usually refuses to talk about them or her time growing up.

15. How would your character’s parents describe them?
    As a helpful and curious child, though one that wasn’t always so easy to convince to help if she didn’t want to.

16. Is your character from high society or the dregs of the underworld? Is he a gentleman or a scoundrel?
    Iuyihpuru has through her strange luck fallen into and out of favor with various affiliations during her life. Her family were bonesetters, that is, primitive doctors. She was briefly a slave after that, then a medic and finally a to-be Dark Jedi apprentice before fate rolled its dice yet again and she ended up on the current world.

17. Is your character religious?
    As most Twi’lek, she believes in the Goddess and that her luck is attributed to her intervention.

18. Is your character a member of a guild, club, or secret society?
    Having been a smuggler medic briefly, then a Dark Jedi apprentice even briefer. They currently hold no affiliations.

19. What does your character think of the force?
    Having learned of the force through her brief time as a to-be Dark Jedi apprentice, her life began making a bit more sense. The intuition and instinct she often felt making that much more sense. She is still trying to wrap her head around the ideology of the Jedi and Sith respectively, finding both having their up and downsides. Though she is open to the idea that she simply doesn’t understand either on a deep enough level to really pass full judgement.

20. If you could, what advice would you give your character?
    Try counting to at least 5 before speaking?

3 Likes

Looks good! Inquire about the +5% XP boost with a DM!

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: [REDACTED] /// 6469721CAD

It has been some cycles on this planet since I left Visacara. I feel the touch of Darth Sepulchre diminishing each day. If I had stayed, I could not have lasted much longer. Not between the stress of the war and that. Here, I feel the Force courses strongly through the planet. It is almost like it called out to me as I sough a place to find Balance again.

…

…

…

I can finally breathe freely.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: [REDACTED] /// 6412721COB /// MONTH 1

I was right, the Force is strong here. I have begun training again so that I can prepare for the future. Master’s Vrake approach was to make sure I was self-sufficient, so I shall continue.

I am glad I brought enough supplies to set up a little base for myself around my ship. While it also provides the power and shelter needed. Tomorrow I shall begin constructing an obstacle course and other training implements I have downloaded in my datapad.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: [REDACTED] /// 741698741PNL /// MONTH 2

Humility. It is only possible when you can put your ego aside. Humility before other people and before the Force. A Jedi has to strive for humility to become one with the Force.

What does it mean to be humble towards yourself?

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: [REDACTED] /// 9843574GOPL /// Month 11

I am One with the Force, the Force is one with Me. Many cycles have passed, seasons have changed but I have intentionally prevented myself from following the passage of time in the Galaxy. Shut out all beyond this planet so I can continue to focus and to train.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: [REDACTED] /// 9434776ASDN /// MONTH 15

Lately I have been feeling a light tugging though the Force, a sense that I am done here. I do not know if it is my restlessness however. I need to meditate more on this before I reach a decision.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: Azurechron /// MONTH 19

I have decided to name this planet Azurechron for its clear, beautiful azure sky. I will erase the coordinates when I leave for I this planet deserves to be undisturbed. Perhaps someone else will one day find the same Peace that I did here. I know it is time to leave, all I have to do is make sure my stay here leaves mo mark.

May the Force be with Me.

5 Likes

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: Viscara /// Day 0

It isn’t long now before I exit Hyperspace and arrive at Viscara. Such a long time away in thought and meditation has made me ask if I need the Order; if the Order needs me; if they will even accept me back. I have thought long and hard that perhaps I need to walk my own Path.

A True Jedi is not defined by their rank in the Order, but this understanding of the Force and living according to its guiding principles.

…

…

…

I do not know. I stand at a cross-roads.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: Viscara /// Day 1

I arrived to familiar sights. The Colony has withstood the time I was away without much visible change. I expected entirely new faces, perhaps even a change to who rules over the Veles colony but no, things have mostly stayed the same.

I was surprised to learn about the War with Revan, though perhaps not so surprised when I gave it some thought. The Council warned of the possibility and others speculated as well where that path could lead. Still, that the Sith themselves went to war is not a surprise at all as even when I were around before they were actively gearing up.

My calling to the planet proved timely as it were mere hours before I was dragged into a mission to liberate a village in Kashyyyk. We proved successful and I felt that my time away and in finding balanced paid off.

Master Vrake accepted me even then, calling me Padawan and I knew exactly what he meant by it.

…

…

…

I knew I wanted to return back into the Order then. Not for myself, but because of what I can do for others. A jedi’s life is about sacrifice to the Force and those it affects-- which happens to be everyone and almost everything.

My interaction with Corbin and seeing the hopefuls makes me sure this is where I am needed. This is where the Force guides me and I shall listen. As I have listened all this time.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: Viscara /// Day 3

I met with Master Vrake.

He did not even ask why I were away or what I did. Simply acknowledged that I needed it and that he could sense I had found my Balance. We didn’t need to say anything else on the topic, I had made the right choice.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: Viscara ///

I have spent my time reconnecting and making new connections to the various new faces in the Colony. Among them is a young, but older than me, girl by the name of Glitch. While she is older, I can’t help but to see her as a little sister. We have agreed to share some land in exchange for that I can keep my ship there undisturbed. Which was quite an ordeal to get fixed as well.

What is more alarming is the amount of Sith, nevermind the Mandalorians who happily take their credits. You could argue that of course they would, as they get to fight Jedi. However, many of the Sith are the exact same jedi that fought them in the Mandalorian War. While the jedi that they face often enough are those who did not go.

More faces, names, situations. The populace of Veles is one with many inter-personal troubles and I do what I can to soothe that pain. It is rare that I am not talking to someone in private.

A few Sith defected to the Order and are now being trained as hopefuls.

Tara still holds strong feelings for myself. I can sense it clearly and yet I can not respond. I will do what I can to make it easier for her, whatever that entails.

Corbin is a padawan with great potential as a guardian, however he still lacks the compose and self-control that comes with the rank of knight. Seems that few get along with him, yet I do. I can sense he too lusts after me but understand that making advances is moot.

I need to start meeting the hopefuls.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: Viscara /// Day

A trial completed. This was a painful one. If not for all that time I trained to find my center, I may have been left far worse than I were. To meet my inner darkness and fear was harrowing yet liberating at the same time. It reminds me that I must do better towards myself too, not just everyone else.

Master Vrake has said he is proud of me and sees that there is little left he could teach me.

Now that I have spent some time on Viscara I can see that things are more dire than I expected. Two knights and so many hopefuls. Barely a Master available to guide the new generation of padawan. Nevermind that, the padawan we have are often enough getting into some kind of complication.

I feel like I spend all my days being a therapist to these people, not just the Order.

…

…

…

That is fine though.

I am the Mirror.

All I do is reflect them and help them look back at themselves so they understand what they must do.

LOG EXCERPT /// LOCATION: Viscara /// Day

There are things I will hold within me, that I will not even write here. Not in detail. The Force has given me a connection I have never experienced before, one I intend to nourish. This is just a footnote. A reminder to future me that this is the decision I made, come of it what may.

I trust in the Force.

A mission to Tatooine. I learned the Code of the Shadows. I helped a friend find a way to close a chapter that has bled for so many years. It is not over yet, but it is a start. We know where to go next and I will be there to help once more if I can.

I completed my last trial. One of utter introspection and with the irony of telling myself the same things I have spent the last few weeks telling others. I remember my musings on Azurechron “Humility towards yourself”.

The Mirror is a part of who I am. It can be a tool to help, or a weapon to wield. It is something that I have a hard time putting down and that is my greatest weakness. If I spend my life reflecting others back at them, who am I then?

But I know I am still there, as I experienced in my first trial since returning. She spoke so clearly of our fears, our worries. A gift from myself to myself.

If I can learn to put down the Mirror without pause, without resistance. That is when I will be ready to reach a new height on my path as Jedi.

…

…

…

It is now a matter of days before the Council decides if I am worthy of the rank of Knight.

8 Likes