Iuyihp'uru - To become a Padawan

***Puru's Log - 0001***

I have long considered typing the things that have been on my mind. I rarely speak about my past and when I do, there is so much I leave out. I do not think anybody realizes just how much and how could they? It was only after speaking with Tara recently that I realized I still have such a long way to go. I may have survived my past but living is more than pure survival. If I am to become a jedi knight or even Padawan, I must face all of those things I have escaped for so long. Even if it hurts, makes me sick or fills my heart with dread.

But that is for Future-Puru to deal with, Present-Puru is writing down her thoughts about the Code!

β€”There is no Emotion, there is Peace.
Contrary to popular belief of those outside of the Order, this does not teach us to be unfeeling, cynical or heartless. Feelings after all, are a briefer and more fleeting state of emotions and those we must never lose touch with. Instead, it is how we act upon said feelings when they become more persistent as emotions that matters. We must not let emotions rule our decisions or control how we act. That is how we achieve peace, through a deep understanding of our feelings and emotions. As we achieve that, our minds will be at ease.

β€”There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge.
This teaches us that we can always learn something new, that knowledge is not only infinite but also readily available. Which is in the form of the Force. As long as we are open to learning, open to listen and to try and understand - we will always find Knowledge. So we should approach all with the belief that they know something we do not and can learn from them. But also pursue the will of the Force and learn from it. All in all, there is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge through the Force.

β€”There is no Passion, there is Serenity.
If emotions are the second tier and the step above feelings, then passion is the third and a step above emotions. What defines passion is the lack of control over oneself. An analogy I often speak is that Serenity is like a pond, and the pond reflects the Force. If you can not control yourself and thrash around in the throes of Passion then you will cause so many ripples that your vision becomes blinded. However, if you can act calmly and with forethought, then the pond will remain clear and you can gaze within it and the mysteries of the Force.

β€”There is no Chaos, there is Harmony.
I used to believe that the galaxy lacked inherent chaos or at least for the most part. I have come since to realize that it’s more profound than that. The will of the Force knows the past, the present and the future. Therefore there is no Chaos, there is only the Harmony of the Force. What we choose however, is how we place ourselves within it. So even the greatest events of chaos may simply be part of the larger harmony of the Force. If we can accept and understand that, we too will find Harmony even in the most Chaotic of times. Times like now.

Yet there is the Sith and they seem to often upset the harmony and bring about chaos. I admit I do not know how they place within all of this. They do not try to flow along with the will of the force as I understand it, but instead wrest and bend it to their will - or try to.

β€”There is no Death, there is the Force.
This one is said to be the hardest and for good reason. For to truly understand it is to conquer the death itself, the fear we naturally fear for our demise and especially the demise of others close to us. As I understand it, death is but a step to rejoining the Force which is the reason for why we should not fear it. Similarly, it is also about not letting despair or fear rule us, as they are powerful emotions.

It also speaks of how the life of a jedi is about accepting sacrifices. That the life of a jedi is sacrifice.

That shall have to do for now, next time I might find the courage to start writing down the details of my past. For now I must meditate before I go to find Master Vrake, Mart and Jaycen.

***End of log***
3 Likes