Mart Webber: Conflicted

He sits in his house, feeling the silence around him as he glances to the now empty room that Sandra once stayed in

“What…do I do?” He sighs and rubs his face in thought “I love Sandra…I love her dearly…I want her to be happy…to show her that she is far more than what she believes she is…yet instead of showing her that I love her…I am instead stuck in a crossroads. Hera. Hera is here, alive. The old memories resurfaced…long gone feelings bubbling up from the farthest reaches of my own mind. Hera loves me…but do I truly love her back? Do I just want her to be happy…? I cannot deny the attraction I have to her…but is that purely physical? Hera loves me…but I love Sandra…”

He sighs again “Indecision…indecision. Why am I never able to make a decision and be happy with the one I made? People die…they get hurt…no matter how hard you may try to prevent such from happening. You cannot shelter others from pain forever…so why am I always doing so? I try so desperately to shelter others from their pain…to the point that it is detrimental for the both of us…” He rubs his head a moment “I stand here on the precipice…caught between the woman I love…and the woman from my childhood who chased me for years.”

He leans back in his chair and rubs his face slowly “…Why? Why is this so hard for me? Sandra told me that I could never hurt her…but I know that being with Hera would…even if she tries to deny it. Hera…rejecting her would shatter her world…I am all she has left. I…do not know what to do…and have nobody to turn to. I sit here in indecision…unable to fully commit. Even while spending time with Hera…my mind continues to linger upon Sandra. If she’s okay. If she’ll be able to manage.” He takes a long breath and sighs again “How much I may have hurt her by walking away…even when she told me to.”

“I need to decide…decide on who needs me more…the woman I love more than any other in the galaxy…or the woman who chased me relentlessly and only has me remaining left. I must choose…and cannot look back.”

He sighs again and gets his armor and helmet on before he heads out of his house to see what the galaxy has in store for him on the new day

1 Like