Mart Webber: Friendships and Allegiances

Mart walks into his house and takes off his helmet, setting it on the table and moving to sit down while rubbing his temple in thought “Lyndsay is following a very perilous path. She has much anger and resentment from her past. I’ve seen it, felt it. It reminds me a lot of Damien’s anger. She feels as if she can be in control of it, but I know it will only be a matter of time before she reaches a tipping point where she can no longer hold it in. It gives her strength, she says. Anger makes her strong. Relying on anger, on pain to strengthen you…it’s what Sandra says is what partly makes a Sith into a Sith. Now she is taking a newcomer, Shulor under her wing. Under her wing…she who has had no formal training in the force is going to teach another. Something the Jedi claim is highly dangerous, with good reason. I will be keeping a very close eye on her and her new apprentice from now on. Lyndsay has said that she will not fall to the darkness, but that is something I cannot believe in. Not yet.”

He sighs and rubs his face

“I’m unsure of what Sandra will do when she finds out about this. I have to tell her. Will she be content to simply observe for the moment, or will she intervene? I value the friendship that Lyndsay and I share, but if she turns dark I will not hesitate to do what I have to. The Sith are a threat to me, to my friends and those I love. The darkness is strong, but I must be stronger. I have no choice but to be.”