Modular Blasters

Now hear me out on this bare bones idea, seeing as forcies will get modular sabers I think in a way it’s fare we give the non-forcies modular blasters but to even get one requires work. maybe level 35 in engineering adn blasters. then when those requirements are met the player receives a quest to seek out an npc to be taught how to make a special blaster which is either a pistol or rifle (maybe both) which is the modular blaster each would have their pros and cons, from what i know of the modular sabers is they have 3-4 slots, rifle would have the same and maybe the pistol would have 2-3.

there’s my bare bones idea with maybe some nerves and a bit of muscle, i dunno how blasters work besides a barrel, some sort of core and a magazine. if i think of anything else i’ll add it to this post.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea at all, actually. In fact, I was aware we had plans to do just that. If we didn’t, though, I definitely think it should be. I like the idea of having modular weapons as a whole, rather than just lightsabers. Obviously different sorts of parts, but yeah.

1 Like

I don’t see why it would be limited to just weapons. Armor, or atleast specific types of armor (like say torso) could be too.

Being able to upgrade guns was elf my favorite things in the KOTOR series. I like it!

I think most weapons should be modular to be honest with very exceptions, if any exceptions at all.
It definitely would make sense for vibroblades and blasters to be modular at least, in addition to lightsabers.

I feel like we could make everything modular but still maintain the tiers by making better frames like say… modular pistol 1, has a nice barrel slot and a core slot, no scope slot cause it’s basic but rifle 1 has a scope slot but…no barrel but tier 2 has the missing slots opened up. so a frame can house the mods and the modular parts offer specific bonuses.

for modular armor I feel the torso and shields as well as helmets are the ones that should be modular, along with gloves but…that’s technically a weapon as well, boots and amulets can house more mod slots for us

1 Like

Making everything modular would require some heavy redesign in how equipment and crafting works imo.
I think we should see how it works with sabers before applying it to other systems.

1 Like