Nex N'Nobak - Origins

A dark and dirty hangar bay, littered with filth, housed many slaves on the space station. Groups of disheveled beaten slaves huddled together, in fear of being next in line for sinister purposes. In a corner, a strange circle with nothing else than a bed and a datapad, that everyone seems to ignore or avoid. On that bed, a red Twi’lek, hugging her knees, muttering to herself.
“Please don’t take me, please don’t take me, please don’t take me…”, she repeated constantly with tears in her eyes. She seems in a better state than the others, no bruises, no filth. In shape. Fed. Sometimes, other slaves give her dark glances, whispering darkly among themselves, a hint of jealousy in their voice.

The hangar bay door opens, guards letting in a Wookie only wearing a belt with various pouches on it. He walks with purpose towards where Nex is, and simply sits on the bed next to her.
-”I’ve come to tell you that you’ve learned everything I was hired to teach you.” He roars at her in Shyriiwook, then simply gets back up and leaves from whence he came.
Nex looks up at the wookie walking off, shocked and confused. The only moments of peace, of learning, of anything else other than whatever was inflicted on her on the daily simply… Walked out. Without even a glance. She dove her face back into her knees, breaking into more tears.

Time passed. Nex wasn’t sure how much exactly. There were no clocks, no computers, nowhere to check this. She woke up, groaning and rubbing her head. She vaguely remembered a… Party? Some celebration of sorts. It must have been something important, as everyone in the station partook. She looked around, and noticed everyone was asleep. Not even a guard or ‘customer’ aware. She looked down to her ankle, a shackle tightly clasped around it, and didn’t give it a second thought. She grabbed at it, and pulled. This was the first time she wasn’t watched. There would be no other occasion like this one. The cold metal didn’t even react, still keeping her attached to a chain that would prevent her from going very far. She grunted, and raged, desperately pulling. The shackles… opened, with a strange ‘pop’. She looked in confusion for a moment, but didn’t dwell on it. She scanned the room, stole a rifle from an unconscious guard, and went to the closest console she could find. She finds a map of the station, and finds the docking bay and the engineering room. She makes a mental note, and runs to engineering as fast as she can. There, she tampers with the consoles, and programs a self destruct. She makes it silent. It didn’t even occur to her she normally wouldn’t have any idea of how this works, but she did it anyway. She pushes in the final command, then runs for the docking bay, steals a ship, and flies off as fast as it would allow. A few moments later, the shuttle shakes to the sound of a massive explosion. Nex engages the autopilot for the nearest station in the database: CZ-220. Then she cries silently in her seat. The people who did all these… Terrible things… Were dead, but so were the other captives. She curls up, bringing her legs against her and hugging them, and spends the three days necessary for the trip crying and thinking.

1 Like