Players opinions wanted!

So speaking to Zunath, we want all the players feedback on the crafting system. One answer per person, do not post more then once, do not answer other players post, this is feedback ONLY for Zunath and the Devs. Again.

1. Do you like the crafting system currently?

2. Would you change the system?

3. What would you add to the system?

4. What would you remove from the system?

5. Why do you feel this way?

Again, no answering other players posts, stick to your own answers, No one is wrong in these posts. Thank you.

1 Like
  • Do you like the crafting system currently?
    It is functional not ideal in my opinion

• Would you change the system?
    Yes

• What would you add to the system?
    Better interface, the ability to make things with less clicks, being able to repeatedly craft the same thing over and over if grinding out things is going to be required, faster skill growth so I don’t have to make 1000s of statues to hit end game fabrication for instance.
    Item Properties also need work, too many resources pull totaly worthless properties for their resource type.
    Such as herbs with plus skills.

• What would you remove from the system?
    The recompiler, I do not like how it is designed.

• Why do you feel this way?
    The interface feels clunky and making things requires so many unnecessary clicks to make something, then you have to do it thousands more times, it is dull and not engaging.

3 Likes
  1. I like the crafting pretty much just fine except for one thing that needles me.

2. What I might change to it and might get me to like crafting more would be if it didn’t cost so many perk points to add gem socketing… or if you didn’t have to do it for each craft separately. That always kind of felt a little silly to me having to learn it all over again for each. The principle isn’t that different between different types of equipment, right?

3. If merging some of the talent trees that seem a bit redundant counts as adding something then yeah, I propose that.

4. I guess lowering some of the requirements or levels needed (as per in line with the 500 levels skill cap) for certain mid to upper tier items crafted might count as removing something from the crafting system, sort of?

5. It just feels… kind of weird having to look at and throw out each thing zen style “does this exact skill or perk level still give me joy to play on this character? Can he or she live and function adequately without it?” so much once you tap out at 500 and go through a couple series of serious retrainings + skill decays… and the crafting ones take up a lot (kind of?) so you have to kind of go: Okay, for a balanced character let’s get this PC decent/good at a couple weapons, maybe have a force power or some ease of travel abilities and let’s add a craft or two for him or her to be able to make some of their own equipment and help friends… and there’s goes your 500 levels pretty fast.
    Maybe lowering some of the upper requirements? I’m just throwing that out there. I’m not actually sure if the crafting perks are super greedy compared to the other stuff overall… and just going for like one or two trades doesn’t seem super intensive honestly but still, that’s something I think about as we play. It’s more of a mechanical thing than a role play thing and staring at point sheets vs immersion gets kind of… wonky if you overdo it. Not that I am saying you guys are, since people aren’t but I kinda am left scratching my chin and wondering about how efficient putting points into crafting is overall.

1 Like

Not at all.

Absolutely.

Property caps so items had an obvious ceiling, fix certain properties so they are useful to craft with such as attack bonus. Have mods use one skill to insert into any slot instead of many skills needed the skill to slot and eating all of your points, especially after you already used points to make the mods in the first place. Renaming bags, also able to craft bags. Means for crafters to level alongside grinding, quest or something that give them xp to invest into their crafting skills only. Have the level increase be based off a property instead of the material. A means on getting properties on other material types other then ore. A revamped material collection process to include less steps to get good material and to find good material on more then just organic, ore, herb and fiberplast. Lower base levels on some items such as large houses so they can be upgraded to be of an actual use, currently some structures are too big to be made of use, such as the large house which can barely fill itself with the room it is given and the amount of things it can put into it, atleast allow us to put items in it to make it bigger so they can be of more use.

Reliance on gear, your progress from skills even post balance change is almost completely decided by gear making any character progress feeling meaningless. Useless properties such as electric defense up removed. The level increase of tiered gear (such as blaster IV), and reduce the mods level increase slightly. Lower the reliance on gear to have properties successfully transfer and have skill rank have a part to play in it, so new crafters don’t have to break the enormous barrier of entry with other crafters. Scanning, it’s an unnessessary step that decides so much of harvesting, why can’t +1/+2/+3 materials be decided by the material rather then a random chance from scanning to hope you get a high quality vain then to harvest and hope you actually get +3 ore? The lowering of maximum durability, it takes so long to actually make an item, ranging from months to weeks of collecting and the items in use will likely break by then from use which makes you not want to use them, just have normal durability loss and so people aren’t afraid to just make items for the sake of having even a slightly better item.

The current system takes away from what I feel this server is ment to be about, role play. Your skills already take a decent time to grind up after a certain point not to mention your crafting skills but to have this heavy reliance on gear to the point where if you don’t have it you are practically useless in even normal events takes one out of roleplay and only really encourages grinding instead. Making crafting way less of a ceiling in ones progression and making items way easier to acquire let’s people go back to roleplaying more and even participate in things together more often since a barrier or participation is removed.

4 Likes
    No.
    Yes
    Not make crafting an absolute must for players. Better yet, make the system more streamlined. Not so many points spent to make the items. For a lightsaber for example, having to build so many different things to make a saber. In the true SWRPG, a player uses the force to construct a saber, especially in the Old Republic Era where the stuff is commonplace save for the crystals, and if you are near a big jedi enclave then the crystals are common too (at least the common colours). Make items players sell to the general store available for purchase. If I sell a bunch of swords that I made to the store, let people buy them (but stack them in the shop to take less space). Yes, I could use the terminals to sell them to players personally, but I don’t know how much to charge and I really don’t care, especially if I am grinding. I get instant cred by selling to the general store.
    The unnecessary clutter of the crafting system… especially for those who don’t care to get into crafting. It makes sense to grind making swords to make better swords. It doesn’t make sense to fabricate stuff that your character doesn’t care to make to eventually make other things… in other words if you want to make a lightsaber then only focus on that. Blasters, only focus on those. Build a ship, only focus on making the parts of a ship and assembly of the ship…
    It makes the server tedious to say the least. If my character is a craftsman then making all the stuff makes good sense. If you are a fighter but have no choice but to will be a craftsman, it makes no sense. Streamlining the process is just so much more fun. I literally joined the server with a small group of people who I know (and I think I may be the only one who still gets on semi regularly) . We were all hoping for a SWRPG but what we got was a crafting server with a SW flavour. Thanks for the time. -And I walk away-
2 Likes