Point Blank breaks force powers

As per my discussion with Zunath.

Firing a blaster point blank at a force user makes them break force powers for attacks of opportunity. This means anyone with a blaster simply needs to stay close and firing and a force wielder will never get their powers off.

Kind of realistic, imo

And if a high-tier force wielder gets force breach or force lightning off before you get into point blank range, you will be blasted for 300 points of damage and never fire a single shot.

Both things are (IMO) problems and balance issues that need to be addressed, but I can certainly understand your frustration with being effectively neutered under a certain range.

Balance is a thing that the Devs are constantly tinkering with and I am hopeful that these things will eventually be addressed and adjusted for the better.

EDIT: Also, just wanted to add that I just read a future balance update Zunath posted on discord that (again, IMO) has some very exciting changes that I hope will address a lot of these issues and help to even out combat a lot.

Yeah, this is not a real concern, because you can actually break from force power use to engage in melee with a click AND the force power can still channel. Also, any force user with a cast time under 6 seconds, which is all of them, can simply cast their alternate attack, or wait for the next AOO to trigger before trying.