Review of the Balance Update - Player perspective

The AC nerf went a bit too far. You can’t even craft it anymore. >.<

So heavy armor 2 has a yellow socket on both helmet and armor, if you slot in even a +2 ac mod onto it that will get you 4 ac right there, you also have plenty of red mods for +dex on your other equipment slots, I think your new character uses a shield too so another +3 ac from just having a towershield
This nets you out to +7 ac. and even with +6 dex from mods gets you upto 20 ac before counting your dex.
Part of the change was to make mods more valuable and actually something to be used.

Could force armor get at least one yellow slot though?

They do have 1 yellow…but its not really enough.

So this is my experience post balance…

Everything is easy enough up until you reach the mandalorians’ quest. The mountain valley is not any easier than the mandos, so it doesn’t make sense to change up the order you do them in as a solve. What I had to do was stop fighting stuff alltogether once I progressed to the mandalorians and focus on crafting to raise my stats and get better gear. Once I was able to slot a bit of ac into each armor, my survivability in mandos got better. Still not great. I had to have an ac of 30 before I could survive alone in the mando base, and an ac of about 34-36 before I could survive the boss fight alone. (though I can see making the boss tougher if you want people to group up, so I’m not going too much into the boss fight) I actually ended up skipping the mando boss for a long time and went on with the mountain stuff. After I got up to the mountain valley, I could pretty much take anything on viscara without too much trouble, but at the time, the velen’s dungeon was broken. So I tried going to mon cala after specing out armor a bit more and found it pretty easy to do so because by this time, this character had 34 ac.

After I was set on battling the mandos alone, I moved on to the mountain valley and it only took a little more effort to get myself up to snuff for that area. So the progression from wildlands to wildwoods was brutal. Progression from wildwoods to mandos was brutal, mandows to mountains easier.

I would just suggest lowering mando AB just a bit.

mind, this was all on a light armor blaster pistol/finesse vibro user.

I did experiement a bit with the force powers, but I found that insight and speed didnt stack, i’d use one and it would cancel the other out. Also, the durations on those powers were not very long at all while the cooldowns were enormous.

When I got on Tara, I found them more easily sustainable because she has max FP perks and higher FP pool, but I think that just highlights the points of the OP, that a lot of the problems are for lower level characters.

So all in all, I think the major concerns I have are force powers having too long cooldowns and too short durations (at least at early levels) and then the jump in difficulty to the mandalorians being pretty brutal

EDIT:
I do agree that the guild quests need work. It takes too long to start getting any reward out of it, and I just ended up getting bored with the whole thing and stopped doing it.

EDIT EDIT:
I also don’t want to call anything you guys did as a joke, because that would just be disrespectful of the work you put into it. There are some issues to be ironed out, but I think we can work through that as a community. No reason to dis anyone’s hard work. Nothing about that balance update was a joke to me. <3

1 Like

Every Tier 2 armor has one yellow socket for the chest and helmet if I remember right.
This is +6 ac if you really feel the pain, you just will need to gather resources and goto a crafter, or find someone willing to sell the grade of ac mod you need.
Mods are meant to be important.

basically what I did

For frame of reference vs. light armor. I was able to solo Mando leader melee in tier 3 heavy armor and large shield at 25 ac. I wouldn’t say it was easy though.

1 Like