[Rule Request] Land Plot Limit

Right now its basically the same 4 people owning everything, with one or two exceptions. With so few areas to go around and the number of players rising, can we get a limit on how many plots a player is allowed to own?
I can’t see a need for a person to own more than one plot, if you want to control more land than that, you should really be doing it through rp and making allies. Get someone else to manage additional land for you and call it owned by your faction.

The main concern is that others should be able to take advantage of the land owning/base building system too, not just the select few.

I’m not really in favor of arbitrarily saying “one piece of land per person”. However, I will concede that having one or two people own the entire planet isn’t ideal.

I would sooner see increased land taxes depending on how many you currently own. I.E: If you own three pieces of land your tax rate would increase to 400% of normal, as an example. We’d have to run the numbers.

I should also reiterate that not everyone is going to own land and that’s by design. Even when we launch Tatooine, land plots will eventually run out. The idea is that players will either sublet the land from the owner or try to take a piece for themselves by attacking the tower. It’s a conscious design decision.

I do like the idea of taxing additional bits of land. Anything to make it more of an even playing field for new players who would like to own a plot. I think it will be rather off-putting to some members of the player base to try the server, only to find that they are practically cut off from one element of game play, unless they can get another player to lease them a land plot (and how expensive would that have to be, in order to make it worth the effort to the owning player?)

For the record, I don’t own any land and have no desire to ever own my own land in the game. As my old pap used to say, “I got no dog in this fight.” Just commenting in the interests of equal play access.

1 Like

^ pretty much this exactly

Counterpoint: I put up a public post in the marketplace offering to sell some land a few days ago. No takers… except Shade :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the effort it takes to manage multiple properties is taxation in itself. It takes an insane amount of time/effort to manage even 2 or 3 properties. Also I have always offered to lease space and homes on my land, I have not in anyway made it in accessible to new players. I have neutral and lightside characters living on my lands currently.

Well, if you’re selling and no one’s buying, except the people that already own land, I guess that makes it a moot point. 8P