Ryuken - New Leaf

Ryu walked down the halls of the Temple soaking up the memories of his time on Viscara. He had finally been approved a transfer to the Dantooine Enclave, something he had wished he could’ve joined early in his younger years. He wasn’t sure what kind of goodbye message to leave yet and he still needed to collect his things from his room. Making his way to his old Knight room, he collected some of his clothing and a journal datapad he kept of his adventures.

The Mirialan sat down on the bed after packing and gave a soft exhale as he fondly went over old messages with Anji, he missed her greatly and felt like he lost another member of the family. She would be ecstatic to hear he was now getting his wish. He began to type and delete the words he wanted to express to her but his heart tighten each sentence…

“I…”

Delete

“Anji I…”

The message blinked but he couldn’t finish and let it stay on those words. Tears went down his eyes in silent pain. It was no use she wasn’t here to see him off, he packed the datapad and slipped on his pack before heading out of the Temple.

The plains of Dantooine came in view over the window as the shuttle landed a bit bumpy. Ryu stepped out and caught a speeder ride to his old home first. It was pretty far from the Colony and probably taken over by raiders or the wildlife itself. He followed the trail of the parting tall grass and passed a few bulbous trees that stretched out to the sky with their branches.

Finally the view of his home came and just as he expected it was abandoned with overgrowth everywhere. The deer like creatures sprang out from an old pen as he parked outside the banged up gateway entrance. He wandered around the small farm to give one final respects to the place that kept him safe from his slavers. He wondered if the hutts have given up in finding him or waiting for perfect time to capture him. It would take balls now that he was a full Jedi Knight.

4 Likes
                                                       **All That crumbles Must...**

Sweat poured down the Mirialan’s forehead as he faced the horde of Sith coming down the mountainside hill. Flashes of many colors of lightsabers danced in the chaotic clash as he joined his friends in battle, it seemed like hours tolled on relentlessly with the bloodbath. Life after life cut down around him in droves, pain tugged at his heart but he knew he must fight on or be one among the piles. It did not stop there, the Enclave was starting to crumble apart. Thankfully some of the students managed to be saved until the last moments, but watching his home fall to the sith carved a deep scar in his soul.

The bloody battle was finally over. How many were slain? Hundreds? Thousands? There were so many bodies lying around the rubble Enclave. After all was said and done, the Mirialan returned to the grave site of his fallen friends. The air suddenly felt stale, an uneasy tension surrounded the tired man. Kneeling before the makeshift stone that had unintelligible words, Ryu set down a red flower and let out an exhale. How many people will he keep losing? Kathea had run away without a trace, Anji was at the front lines, and for the first time, he felt a sense of directionless. It didn’t matter what words of wisdom he gave, in the end, he felt betrayed by a good friend. That sense of feeling swelled within him, compressing, melding like a dragon ready to strike. What could he have done better? Should he go against the Council? Or try to be more stern with his words? Clenching his hand, Ryu bowed his head and seethed for a brief moment. Tears ran down his cheeks and mumbled out words “I’m sorry.” into the air hoping and wishing that feeling would be reached through the Galaxy.

It felt like Fate threw him into a whirl of bad luck and the only way to resist the temptation was to close himself off. But even that had its limits and delayed the inevitable outcome. Why did his old Master care enough to give him a light push forward? What part did he play in this twisted play of Fate? So many questions unanswered that gnawed at him. It was beginning to get dark out, being around the grave was exhausting him as it always did when he couldn’t face his past. He’d never forgive himself even if it was the right thing to do all he had to do was keep pulling through.

1 Like

The plains of Dantooine were a canvas of tranquility, but for Ryuken, they were a battlefield of emotion. Each daybreak brought with it the stark reminder that Anjali, his heart’s companion, was not by his side but on the distant frontlines of a relentless war.

Ryuken’s gaze swept across the horizon, where the golden grasses met the sky, and he imagined Anjali there, her silhouette outlined against the chaos of battle. Her spirit was indomitable, her courage the stuff of legend, yet the thought of her in harm’s way was a constant torment to Ryuken’s soul.

He remembered their last embrace, the way her eyes had shone with both love and resolve. “Wait for me,” she had said, her voice steady despite the storm that awaited her. “Keep me alive in your thoughts, and I shall return to you.”

But as the moons of Dantooine rose and fell, the distance between them grew more than miles; it was a chasm of uncertainty. Ryuken spent his days wandering the plains, seeking solace in the whispers of the wind that he fancied carried her voice.

The dark side, ever watchful, sensed the cracks in Ryuken’s resolve. It slithered into his thoughts, a shadow amongst the light. “She may never return,” it hissed. “Take control, seize the power to protect her, to end this war.”

Ryuken’s heart ached with the temptation. The power promised by the dark side could ensure Anjali’s safety, could bring an end to the conflict that kept her from him. Yet, he knew that to succumb to such power would be to betray everything Anjali stood for.

The war raged on, and with each report of battle, Ryuken’s fear for Anjali’s safety grew. He trained relentlessly, honing his skills, preparing for the day he might have to fight to bring her home.

1 Like

When Courage Will falter…

Ryuken’s breaths were slow and deliberate, each one drawing in the peace of the farmland around him. The wind kyber crystal before him hummed softly, its resonance a harmonious counterpoint to the rustling of the crops that stretched out in all directions. This was his homeland on Dantooine, where his old master and him had toiled and where he now sought solace and guidance. His meditation was a journey inward, a path he walked to understand the courage that seemed just out of reach and the love he had lost.

In the depths of his contemplation, a light dragon materialized, its form composed of pure, radiant energy. It was a manifestation of his innermost thoughts, a creature born from the Force itself.

“Ryuken,” the dragon spoke, its voice a gentle breeze that seemed to carry the wisdom of the ages. “Why does your spirit waver in the face of adversity?”

Ryuken opened his eyes, looking upon the dragon with a mixture of awe and curiosity. “I fear I have lost my way,” he admitted. “The courage I once wielded with ease now eludes me, and the love I hold for Anjali feels like a star gone supernova…brilliant, but destined to fade into nothingness.”

The dragon circled Ryuken, its tail leaving trails of light in the air. “Courage is like the wind,” it said. “It cannot be seen, yet it is felt. It moves us, challenges us, and sometimes, it whispers so softly that we mistake its presence for absence. But it is always there, Ryuken, as long as you are willing to listen.”

“And what of love?” Ryuken asked, his voice tinged with the pain of separation.

“Love is the Force in its purest form,” the dragon replied. “It binds the galaxy together, connecting all living things. Your love for Anjali is a conduit of this power, a connection that not even the vastness of space can sever.”

Ryuken considered the dragon’s words, feeling a sense of clarity beginning to pierce the fog of his doubts. “How can I honor this love when she is so far away, and I am here, rooted to the past?”

“By living in the present,” the dragon answered. “Honor her by being the beacon of light she sees in you. Let your actions reflect the love you share, and trust that she is doing the same, wherever she may be.”

The Jedi Knight nodded, a newfound determination settling within him. “I will be the guardian of our love, and I will face the future with the courage of a Jedi.”

The light dragon smiled, a warm glow emanating from its eyes. “Then rise, Ryuken. Embrace your destiny, and know that in the dance of the cosmos, love is the music that guides us all.” With those final words, the dragon dissipated, leaving Ryuken alone once more. He stood, picking up his wind kyber crystal, and gazed out at the horizon before heading inside for sleep for the day.

As the dawn broke over Dantooine the next day, Ryuken found himself amidst the vast fields of his farmland, the soil beneath his boots rich with the promise of the coming harvest. The early morning sun cast a warm glow over the land, a silent witness to the Jedi Knight’s labor as he tended to the crops that had been entrusted to his care.

Yet, even as he worked, Ryuken’s thoughts wandered to his old chef master, a mentor who had taught him not only the ways of the Force but also the delicate art of creating sustenance from the simplest of ingredients. His Master had been a fixture in Ryuken’s life, a constant presence whose wisdom and guidance had shaped him into the man he was today.

With each seed he planted, Ryuken couldn’t help but wonder how his master was faring in his absence. The old chef had a way of making even the most mundane task feel like a grand adventure, and his absence left a void that the sprawling fields could not fill.

Ryuken remembered the lessons taught in the warmth of the kitchen, the laughter that echoed off the walls, and the smells that filled the air—each a memory etched into his very soul. The chef master had always said that cooking was like a dance, a balance of flavors and textures that, when combined, created a harmony that delighted the senses.

Ryuken paused in his work, closing his eyes to recall the master’s voice, “Ryuken, my boy, the kitchen is much like the galaxy—vast, diverse, and full of surprises. It is up to us to bring order to the chaos, to find the melody in the cacophony of flavors. Remember, the Force is not just in the grand battles; it is in the small moments, the turn of a spoon, the sprinkle of a spice.”

A smile tugged at the corners of Ryuken’s lips as he opened his eyes, the wisdom of his old master bringing comfort to his worried heart. He knew that the chef master would want him to focus on the present, to pour his love and care into the land just as he would into a finely crafted meal.

With renewed vigor, Ryuken returned to his work, the rhythm of his movements a silent tribute to the master who had taught him so much. The farmland was more than just a piece of land; it was a testament to the lessons of patience, nurturing, and growth that the chef had instilled in him.

As the day wore on, Ryuken worked tirelessly, his hands moving with the precision of a Jedi and the care of a chef. He knew that when the time came for him to reunite with his master, he would have stories to share, stories of a farmland flourishing under his watchful eye and a heart that held the teachings of his mentor close, no matter the distance between them.

1 Like