Salvaging a Situation....(Kael Sorini)

Name: Kael Sorini
Race:Echani
Height: 6’1

Appearance:
A rather unremarkable Echani male at first glance. A series of scars line his cheeks and various exposed limbs. There is a calmness to the man’s gaze as it wanders from time to time. Each step he takes is fluid with a practiced measure and various trinkets from his travel adorn his person at times. Silver hair streaked with ash gray , rough stubble adjourning his face…

Brief History to Present:

Kael was born on the Echani homeworld of Eshan, located in the Inner Rim of the galaxy. His early life was shaped by the Echani culture’s reverence for martial arts, particularly their belief that combat was the purest form of communication. But most importantly , how much his eldest sister next in line to lead their clan excelled at it comparatively.Their relationship was that of a fawning older sibling and an adoring younger one despite the fact they were born only moments apart. He did his best to match Kila accomplishments throughout the years. His focus on philosophy garnered much annoyance from his parents.

Like any other Clan Sorini excelled at combat . Both his parents are blademasters in their own rights , his sister following in their footsteps. He….Not so much so. From an early age, whenever his parents found him lacking and his sister soon helping him justsssttt…barely met their standards. To the outside world he was quickly proving to be exceptional fighter on a planet of exceptional fighters…Which meant he was average , despite this his years of grueling trained honed in him a sense of what was to come in the flow of combat his body making sense of this to speed up his reflexes and the natural Echani ability to read opponents making him a formidable force.

As an adolescent, Kael found himself placing highly in several martial contests , even winning several high profile duels. Eventually establishing a reputation for himself. His sister? Her prowess caught the attention of the Echani ruling council, who believed she could be of service beyond the martial arenas. They enlisted her in the Echani Protectorate, the military force responsible for maintaining peace and security in Echani territories. Then she promptly went and requested he be brought on as part of her entourage and advisory staff.

Together they thrived in the Protectorate. his combat skills proving that the duels won were not just for show . But that “sense” of the battle and things to come paired with his excellent understanding of war doctrine made the Twins a rising star . Kila’s natural charisma and ability to lead brought much merit to Clan Sorini and even better for once she knew her parents finally saw her brother as more than just another son of the clan. Yet she knew that her brother was stifled in her shadow , this was not a place where he would find the limits of what she and he both knew to be true of that “Sense”.

A turning point came during a diplomatic mission to the Outer Rim. The council had instructed the Protectorate to assist a mining corporation looking to exploit a planet inhabited by an indigenous species. Kael sympathized with the locals, who were being forced off their ancestral lands. Despite his thoughts on the matter, he would do little to tarnish his sister or clan’s name and went through the task. Yet after , he brought his concerns and worries to his sister…Together they came up with a plan…

Kila petitioned her family to let her brother go on a pilgrimage . To them it was a weakness to lose faith after what for all purposes was a task that many would see as a normal tour. To his sister she knew the toll it had taken and this was perhaps her best shot at getting him the freedom to find himself . Of course they allowed it. Many of the elders of allied clans longing for the chance to place one of their people at his sister’s side all but ensured the clans continued growth.

After several days … The date was set and Kila lost her shadow that had been with her throughout the years and Kael his own. At the Age of eight-teen Kael left for the stars…

The first few years… (19-23 years)
What he knew best was how to fight. So he traveled to the lawless territories, he was soon discovered by the members of the “Stellar Serpents,” a notorious mercenary company known for their ruthless efficiency. Having worked with him in the past and being Impressed by his combat skills and foresight , the mercenaries offered him a place among their ranks.

Thrown into a harsh and uncompromising world, Kael had to adapt quickly. His first missions were difficult and dangerous, but they provided a brutal baptism by fire that sharpened his instincts and hardened his resolve. His Echani skills, combined with his relentless dedication, made him a respected member of the group in no time.

Kael was exposed to the grim realities of mercenary life, encountering violence, betrayal, and in the darkest corners of the galaxy. Yet, despite the chaos around him, he found a sense of camaraderie among the Stellar Serpents that he had not experienced leaving under his sister’s shadow.

In this band of misfits and hardened warriors, Kael found his place once more. He eventually reached the position of vice captain of the company, his skills speaking far more than any words he could utter. His loyalty to his new family is unyielding, but he often finds himself at odds with their more ruthless methods.

Despite the rough exterior, Kael carries a deep desire for a better life, not just for himself, but also for his comrades. His ultimate dream is to use his position and influence within the mercenary company to change its course, steering it away from senseless violence and towards a nobler cause. Yet this chapter of his life would soon come to a close…As a summon home reached him from none other than his sister herself. She needed him for an upcoming border dispute and as they spoke he was delighted and surprised to see how closely she had been following his rise away from home. However begrudging he was to her watching over him like a mother hen , it meant the world that she was proud of what he had become. Even if their parents never would be…

Homecoming… (24-27 years)

There was no welcome , there was no fanfare. He arrived as much as he left , with the judging stares from his parents and the taciturn acknowledgement from his elders. Yet what was quickly proven to many from the series of duels within the first weeks of his return is that he had changed. To all but his sister , she had left an unexceptional warrior and returned a prodigy. To her she knew what it was …He had gained some greater control of that “sense” he spoke of when they were together. Outwardly she was unsurprised expressingly little more than “This is what is expected of those of Sorini blood”. Inwardly she was ecstatic to see her sibling come into his own , yet deep within …She knew these years to come would be difficult , but there is none other she would want at her side … .And three days later…The predicted war came…

War…War is the same , rather it’s on some backwater planet in the middle of nowhere , in the depths of space above a planet , a rebellion in the streets. It’s bloody , brutal , lives are lost and friends , foe and worse families can sometimes be torn apart. This…Was only half the case …In this instance…Clan Sorini’s forces came out the victor at some nominal cost of life. The Stellar Serpents came away rich though losing some fraction of their numbers .The twins? They walked away bloodied and scarred but alive…This was good save one key point…Kael faired…Performed fare above what any could have asked for…That sense honing itself over the man battles , and was was once considered to be skill , many thought in whispers quarters to be far more.

A darkness had taken root over the course of the war and now that it had ended…He felt…Different , Why or how he could not say but…It was time… Time to find himself elsewhere…The battlefield was not his place and if he stayed… He was not sure of who he would become…

It was time for another goodbye with a promise to comm , using her powers as the leader of their forces. She had the paperwork filed and he was released from service once more. With a pocket full of credits and a ride out of the system with his second family…He was gone again…

Salvaging what’s left….(28-Present)
Despite everything …He found himself wandering across planets , aiding those he could with little care for much else. When out of combat he started to develop an understanding of how things worked , fit together and this allowed him to excelle at his new profession of running a dubious paid and equipped salvage operation.

Day 001:

Progress has been painstakingly slow and the work continues to be challenging, to say the least. Setting up a lab on my ship took far longer then anticipated. However , I found an unlikely ally in my research. A droid that seems to have either advanced programing or to have awakened it’s self? Either way my current goal is creating droids or a droid that is able to operate within the scope of this new war and combat the enemies that are presenting themselves in both the Sith and Jedi need be. My more recent observations and rumors I have heard have left me worried… However the Advisor speaks of them in a good light so…May hasp it is simply anecdotal in my experiences and observations. Nothing is set in stone. But I’m convinced that there is something more I will need to.

My experiments to create plants that can simulate similar effects to the spice “Bo” seems to enjoy are going well…But im getting distracted…Focus Rin…

I’ve poured over countless datapads, analyzing everything I have managed to record or observe involving droids against beast , men and F.U.I . Patterns emerge, of course…But are they real? . The advantage is always with the F.U.I’s . Their precognition, agility, and, of course, their ability to manipulate the physical world around them give them a formidable edge has made it rather difficult to create a scale to measure these things. So I believe first I will need a way to Grade them rather it be in Tiers or some arbitrary nomencaluter …Nomenclatture?Nomeclature….Whatever

Which is a whole separate project in and of its self. So for now We will use grades and once we have grades we will need to create measurements for the amount of “Power” each grade can use then once we have the grade work on a detection algorithm. Then the droid will be able to determine how much of a threat something is if its a F.U.I based on the grade it detects. Why does this matter….Well it makes me stop thinking about it and will make it easier to think about it in terms of numbers…

My design for the new combative core should be able to address some of these issues. I’ve integrated a complex predictive algorithm into its programming that mimics, to a degree, the precognitive abilities of a Jedi or Sith. WELL …Wait thats an exaggeration . I WOULD like to believe it does that but really …I have tested it and what it seems to actually do is try to predict what im going to do but … Right now it just looks ridiculous . How does something predict some one moving their arm as a sword swing can actually be a bolt of lighting , or a rock the size of a land vehicle flying towards them.

You don’t…So working instead on the learning core focused more on threats . Build ups of measurable energy and the locations its gather things like this should be detectable hat… WHICH MEANS… I need a proper way to detect the force that can be applied to a machine’s detection ablities . I have my self as a test subject so that helps alot . “ W” is gathering samples of various ores from different planets so this aligns perfectly with my own research. So , I am helping of course.

Granted even with all this …Even coupled with rapid reflex circuits and enhanced mobility servos, I should be able to create something that…Can last at least 30 seconds’. Granted , Using this same core to increase the droids abilities to do other non combat oriented task seem to have borne some fruit and may be worth a larger investment than the current line of research . Auroa Make a note of that in the logs!

[Auroa Noted: Rin , seems to be listening for once and is focusing on non-combative applications for his research. Remind him to review this log.]

The most daunting obstacle, however, is the Force users’ ability to manipulate their environment. Pulling a weapon from a droid’s hand or even lifting the droid itself into the air are common tactics. To combat this, I’ve been working on a prototype magnetic anchoring system that can firmly root the droid to any metallic surface. Theoretically, this would make it much more difficult for a Force user to manipulate the droid’s movements. But…At what grade of F.U.I would this even matter? What does a being that can drink the life from stars and planets care that a droid is alittle “difficult” to lift off the ground….Maybe this line of research is pointless…

I have also been trying to equip the droid with cortosis-weave armor but…Well , I don’t even need to go into how hard that has been. Considering I just now got my lab up and running…

Every day I am met with new challenges and setbacks, but I remain optimistic.If I cannot return home with the strength to aid my sister … I can at least create the tools to aid her…

Tomorrow, I begin tests on the predictive algorithm. I’ve done all I can to prepare. Now, all that remains is to hope the work thus far bears fruit and ….I don’t get caught up…As it seems the air space here is not clear…And Something has befallen “E” on her trip. Changing locations from current sector in Mon-cal space. Recording Drop point.

Mon-cal Sector 4- Drop point.