Sandra Mana: Banks For Bucks

=========================================

On a stealth ship to one of Coruscant’s many many districts, Markus and Sandra are in black stealth suits. Sandra checks the dufflebag full of powertools and other odd things that may seem rather curious. They review the datapad with the information one last time.

“Alright, Kids. Your job today is an old fashioned bank robbery. Inside the vault is a series of astronavigation charts from an old black site runner. Used to work for astronav but ended up running black markets through some of the secret channels he had. We’re going to use those black channels of hyperspace travel to speed up our little assisting of Viscara’s invasion to smash the Sith. You’re also to take serial box 138199E and 12394D to frame a mob boss for the theft. Two bastards with one heist. Our forward guys already got you a way in. Do your thing, Mana. Show the boy our way.”

Sandra turns off the datapad and her emerald eyes peek up to Markus.

“…Bet you’ll never have this much fun robbing a bank again.”

Markus smirked and shrugged a bit, looking to the duffle bag with a half curious, half amused expression.

“Never really indulged, myself. Knew a guy who robbed banks and he said it’s really not as big a score as you’d think. They hardly keep that much on hand at any given time, plus even credit chips are heavy in bulk.”

Running a hand through his hair he tried to recall some of the other details he’d been filled in on, but it had been a rather long time since he’d spoken with the man and they hadn’t exactly been good friends and besides that he doubted the robber in question had ever pulled off a heist of this caliber

“Lucky we’re not looking for booze or rent money then, Eh?”

Sandra ties her hair up in a ponytail and perks a shoulder cutely

“Too bad. But we’re still going to score~”

With that, the are repelled down to the roof of the building. The ship speeds up and then away, for now. Sandra gets the repelling system, and after a minute of showing Markus how to use it, are repelling against the back side of the building. The low lit sky does well to hide them. The night is their ally. They repel two rooms away from the vault, above it. Sandra cuts the glass and leaps in to land in a rather specific position, and when she does, she pulls out a reflective sheet and opens it, much like that of a speeder’s window reflector.

Motion detectors bounce sound off objects, and analyze the reflection. If something changes, the alarm goes off. Move slow enough, and a wool comforter absorbs enough sound to keep it from triggering. A thermal blanket, meanwhile, shields your body from heat sensors.

Sandra motions him in behind the thermal blanket.

Slipping under the blanket and biting back a comment about “Slipping under the covers with a lovely lady” Markus moved behind the Redhead, doing his best to focus on the concerns of getting caught and keeping in lock step with his “teacher”.
He’d encountered some security systems before, usually scanners in starports or customs checkpoints, but he didn’t for a second assume they’d be the same as a dedicated bank security detail like this one. So for right now he’d just follow and learn, keeping pace with Sandra as best he could while they slipped in through the Window.

They move through the room to the door. She moves the blanket to a vertical position. They shuffle together through the door and she then slides it through the door slowly before it closes.

In this hallway Sandra waves a hand and the camera’s head sticks in one position just with them out of sight. She nods to Markus and they take a moment to cut a hole to the side of the door handle, below the security system. She exposes the wires and takes a little magnet and slides it to the side of the door’s locking mechanism. After a moment of fiddling, the door’s lock releases and she puts a silver slider between the lock and door, taping it to the wall there. She then opens the door and motions him in.

“This room is above the vault. How are you with power tools?”

“Depends on the tool.”

Markus admits in a whisper. Looking over to the duffel bag and trying to judge what might have been in there.

“I know how to handle a welder and some smaller drills for when I’m tinkering, but I don’t exactly use saws or mining drills in my day to day.”

Sandra takes out a power-saw, two drills, a wire detector, and bottle of thermite, and a few other things.

“Time for a lesson in construction…”

The typical floor is concrete slab over 20-guage steel pan with the steel trusses spaces thirty inches for support. When you cut through a floor, the thing you have to worry about is wiring. Cut into the wrong wire, and you’ll set off the building alarms, electrocute yourself, of both. If you don’t want a chunk of concrete crashing through to the floor below, you need to drill a hole, and anchor the slab. A concrete saw cuts it like butter. If you’ve done your planning right, you’ll be dropping in to a blind spot in the security system, usually behind an interior wall.

A montage of Sandra showing Markus how to use some of the tools goes quick as they work. Markus marks the floor where wires are at and Sandra goes at the floors with a concrete saw once the securements are set. They get through the floor and fall a few meters away from the vault.

Markus tries to retain as much of the information as he can, but he reasons he’ll likely need to refresh it later, Still for right now he’s happy with their entrance just outside the vault, though he reasons its likely here where things will get much more finicky.

“Remember hearing vaults like these usually have to have some kind of clearance from offsite to open or only open at certain times.”

He mused, doing his best to keep his head on a swivel in case his mentor needed an extra set of hands to do anything else.

“That’s right, but our goal is to alert people that we’ve broken into the bank. Have to get our other ‘friends’ pinned and get out with what we need. So let’s make some noise…”

She shows him how to set up the thermite on a side of the vault. But they don’t set it off yet. Instead, Sandra takes out a bottle of liquid nitrogen and ices a piece of the vault. She then slips in an EMP grenade.

“Alright… the fun part. As soon as it blows run in and grab the goods. Yours will be on the left inner most wall. Got it?”

Markus blows out a breath and cracks his knuckles, doing his best to psyche himself up before the fireworks go off, reminding himself very insistantly not to pocket anything for himself, no matter how tempting it’d be.

“Left, innermost, what will our prize look like? And where are we storing it? Are we taking cash to reinforce the frame job?”

“Just take the two boxes. Pull them out and go… Dont question it. We only have a few seconds before we get swarmed.”

“Two boxes, grab and go, couple seconds window of time, Savvy.”

With that, the EMP Grenade goes off and the thermite cooks the metal sides. Sandra pulls open the Vault with a strong force pull and they charge in. Sandra looks around sharply and darts to the back where the Nav Charts are kept. She looks to Markus to see if he has his things

Markus meanwhile runs to the left wall and begins furiously searching for anything box-shaped, pushing out whatever other glittering prizes might be tempting him at the moment

He eventually finds 138199E and 12394D. He pulls them out furiously and stuffs them before they run out. Sandra and Markus return to the hole they were in and she leaps up with Markus in arm. They run to the nearest window where she fires two shots and the glass goes. The ship pulls up to the window as they get close, and the pair jump to the ship where it immediately takes off, the sound of sirens pulling up soon after they leave.

The ship hits a corner and dives into a river where it sits for a few minutes…

“Nice and clean…”

Markus meanwhile, who may or may not have spent the grab and escape swiping the box in a manner more akin to a greedy rat and then scampering along with Sandra in a cowardly fill-tilt run while silently hissing out a soft “Mine!” immediately collapsed into his seat upon entering the ship, the bag containing the boxes still in his lap and greedy vice-grip.

“Y-yeah…smooth as silk.”

Sandra giggles softly and smirks a bit.

They are taken back to a secure location where they meet Bernie.

“Looks like you kids did alright. Even brought me presents. Mission Complete. What did you think of that one, Markus?”

“We didn’t get caught, or killed or even shot at, and got both objectives out of there. By my measure that’s the best one can hope for, and I managed not to pocket even a single credit so I’m pretty proud of myself there.”

“Good man. I told her to shoot you and leave your body behind to be caught if you had, Bwahaha!”

Sandra runs a hand through her hair innocently and leans against the desk a bit.

He scoffs and puts his hand to his chest in an over-exaggerated “wounded” expression

“Et Tu, Bernus? I suppose I should be grateful I was more feeling more corwardly than greedy today. In any event, glad to be of service.”

“Alright, kids. I got work to do before the invasion. Go on and get some rest. Do whatever you young people do.”

“Yes, sir…”

Motions for Markus to follow out the office where they make their way out of the consulate. Sandra looks up at the morning sun over the city and then to Markus

“Going back home to your wife now…?”

Markus runs a hand through his hair and glances away with a blush looking to the painterly-esc sunrise

“I don’t know if she’d be comfortable being called that, I was kinda surprised when you called her my girlfriend and she didn’t object, honestly.”

The Smuggler admitted, giving the Spy mistress a light smile

“I guess we got so used to it just being us, we never labeled our relationship until recently. I do want to update her, maybe tell her I’m working for the consulate again, but I don’t know if she’s busy or not, even though she quit body-guarding I think she’s still on a different planetary sleep cycle.”

He admits with a shrug, before smirking back to Sandra

“Besides, I can take some time for other people, Like a certain Redhead for example.”

She tilts her head a slight and then looks down, flattening her skirt, gently.

“Heh… go see her. I have my own trouble to make right now anyways.”

Sandra starts walking off as her heels gently clack on the ground

“…Dont die~”

“I won’t, Ira would kill me if I died.”

He said with a light wave

“Remember to practice what you preach, Sandy.”

========
End

3 Likes