Sandra Mana: Dusk

Sandra lurks in the Kashyyyk woods overlooking a low walled Sith Holdout about a Quarter Mile in diameter. Of course the Shadowlands presented their own troubles to larger groups of anything. Creatures get curious, noises draw attention, lights scare other creatures, and more. Critters are also keen to searching for warmth and places that they can hide. Electrical fields, heaters, and all the conveniences of a daily life can usually be found in a base such as this, especially if they are designed for long term use.

For as long as armies have built fortifications others have tried to get past them. Seize warfare can involve tunneling under, scaling over or smashing through walls. Once you are inside though you are dealing with an entrenched enemy defending his home. That’s why the most successful sieges often don’t involve attacking at all but tricking your enemy into coming out.

For 5 hours now, Sandra has been circling the base and studying the movements of the troops, ships, and vehicles. Of course, there was no way for her to really have any chance against a whole small army of troopers with various means of killing wookies, creatures, and more. But she knew one of the few things that would make them piss their pants. A lightsaber.

So Sandra sets up a bunch of trees and things that could create the illusion of there being some kind of person holding a lightsaber. The set up is left holding a Foil that would certainly look like a saber from a distance. With that, a vehicle carrying unknown goods is flipped over with the Force, and Sandra takes off…

“What was that!? Was that your driving?”
“We’ve driven this road 20 times now! No wait, LOOK!”
“Its a freaking Jedi! Call it in!”
“He’s just standing there, hurry up! I’m not looking to get lasered!

The security alarm goes off and as this happens, Sandra is moving with extreme speed through the woods, and with a hop assisted by the Force, she lands on top of the low wall, looking around sharply before Force Cloaking.

The troops move out of the gate she was closest to and begin to pelt and fire at the location the blue saber foil is at, raining hell on the position with mortars , grenades, flamethrowers, and more. If that wasn’t the optimized notion of fear, who knew what it was. Meanwhile, she makes her way through the now half empty camp to the larger command tent.

Inside the tent are two commanders and three officers. Sandra closes the curtain to the tent before there’s a Cyan glow through some of the openings along the ground and the curtain. The sounds of weight hitting the ground comes in flurries.

As the view returns to the inside of the tent, Sandra hooks up the datapad to the mainframe. She waits and looks on a log noting prisoner exchanges. The vid screen is touched and moved around, her eyes gazing at some of the noted prisoners, and one name comes up with a frightening familiarity. She sees Darian’s full name and picture as one of the noted Sith Prisoners and her heart sinks. A sudden extreme sense of anxiety comes to her as a Panic Attack tries to set in, but she slams a fist into the table, cracking it, and slowly coming to a calm.

In this moment, she looks to the mainframe datapad and pulls it out. She then looks around and picks up a few flares from the near by emergency crate.

Destroying high tech electronics with glorified camping equipment is tough but not impossible. The mix of nitrate and magnesium from a marine flare burns at over three thousand degrees. With the right fuse, it’ll turn an electrical system into a smoldering heap.

The smoldering mainframe is lit up by the several flares and she heads out the back of the tent. Several troops are observed running over to try and not put out the fire that is the command tent.

On Sandra’s way out of the facility, she spends a moment in the woods to lean back against a tree and slide down slowly to sit. Her heart racing intensely at the thought of Darian being in Sith hands. There had to be more to this. It means that someone likely had access to a Black Site on the Sith’s side. It was terrifying. For now, there was nothing she could do about it. So she ends up walking her way to the pick up zone and trying to let her mind be at calm…

5 Likes

Sandra sits and orders a few rounds of double whiskeys, one at a time. She looks to the Blubtender who wipes glasses and he gives a reassuring smile. Sandra sighs gently and starts to speak out loud to him in the empty bar at 4am

“…I tried really hard, ya? I got so mad. I even yelled at them.”

Sips her whiskey and looks at the golden liquid in the glass.

“You probably know, but I used to be a temple Jedi. They were the best years of my life and the happiest. I saw how they treated people at the temple on Viscara for days and I think I finally lost it. I felt like garbage seeing how they interacted with people and it wasn’t even me doing the talking. Like, if you were rude to almost every guest in your bar, ya?”

The blubtender just nods solemnly as he wipes a glass.

“I just wanted to help and …I gave so much. I gave such time that I could have used for other things, gave my advice, a piece of my heart, and my power. My heart is broken…”

Finishes a glass and sets it aside, and she’s given the second glass.

"Then, can you believe, that the one time I snapped in-front of them by the visitors, which they had already shown their insanity to, they decided to rebuke ME. ‘You should have not said that in front of them. It didn’t help the situation either.’ "

Balls her fist up

“How dare they. How dare find the manner to address me in such a way before even solving their own problems. They can’t even hold the door properly! And then, can you believe that they would call me after? I know all their strategies, I know every honey’d word they could tell me, I know every trick and negotiation tactic they can possibly use on me. I won’t be baited into a conversation. I refuse! I REFUSE! And then she told me that I have to show the compassion and peace that I wished them to portray?! I’ve shown them EVERYTHING!”

She sips the whiskey as tears fall heavily.

“I can’t teach them. I don’t want to. I suppose I can full time for Bernie and his studies now. Maybe teach at the Military Academy on Coruscant. And then, I have these two amazing students I can now give my utterly full attention. They didn’t deserve to have me pulled in various directions. I’m going to show Solomon and Rebecca how to be better than the Jedi. They will become their true selves and i’ll be so proud of them. They’ll be the envy of the Jedi, without ever even having to lift a finger in their direction. They are amazing students and I am the luckiest woman to have them with me.”

Finishes another glass

“I suppose it’s just another part of my past put away. I suppose I was really attached to the Jedi and maybe the Temple and teaching were all I really had left to connect me to that life outside of my own practices and studies. I’m going to keep finding my Autonomy without them. You know?”

Cries over a glass she only sips once and puts it down to lay her arms down and bury her head in them. The Blubtender gives her a pat on the back and takes the drink and glasses away.

“Maybe i’ll go find Griggs or something on his trip. Maybe i’ll go meditate under a gorgeous grove. Maybe i’ll go off and just let the ship float in space and i’ll float along with it. And then… there’s Darian. I need to find him too. And I still haven’t had a lot of time to see Callista. I was hoping to call her again later, but my viscaran channel went off…and I knew she would be busy again. Ugh…here I am, supposed to be an example and look at me. It’s no wonder I failed them. But I won’t fail my apprentices. I’ll learn from these mistakes and make Master proud. Thanks for listening to me…”

Blubtender nods and puts some glasses away. Meanwhile, Sandra leaves the bar and goes to dress down to a long shirt and shorts. She goes to lay down, holding the pillow closely to her chest and between her legs in a cuddle. The blaster that would normally be under is moved to the Desk. It’s not long before she falls asleep from exhaustion and frustration.

6 Likes

Sandra groans lightly as she wakes up. She runs a hand over the other side of the bed to notice it’s empty and opens her eyes a bit more to look around the room. Sandra sits up and runs a hand over her face and then through the long red hair. The covers are nudged aside as she arises. Her long shirt reaching down to her lower thighs just gently moves as she makes her way to the refresher to shower. As the water runs over her, she thinks outloud.

“Woke up late again…ugh. I didn’t think that so many people would rally so intently for Griggs and Kiki. So many people sent him well wishes and various other calls. They even gathered around him that evening to see how he was, if even for a short time. It was nice that I got a chance to make him dinner. It was even more amusing when Callista came over and they were both rather sweet and playful. And even when I was exhausted, Elliot Graves came by with his deputy Elye or something. Seems Morel is peeking around again…”

Sandra runs a hand in her hair to push some of the water out and sighs, but she smiles after as she thinks of the night.

“So much for making Griggs a breakfast sandwich. Geez…I still have to see Bernie about if he’s going to ditch class again and make me do a lesson on Coruscant. I wonder if he’s found Darian yet. I’m going crazy waiting…”

She leans forward and puts her head against the wall, letting a deep sigh out. It’s only a few moments later that she exits the refresher with a towel and puts on some fair clothes for the day. Once ready, she comes out to see her datapad with a red light. Likely a few messages left for her. So she goes to check them.

The message from Bernie is a short one. Sandra puts a hand over her mouth and a deep dark sensation runs through her as she notes the location for her to research. Looks like she’d have to get ready for this mission soon.

==============================================

A few hours later, Sandra pulls up on a hill over a factory on Viscara. It was odd that they were using a location on the Colony world, but it was fair enough hide in a place that only cared about production and the profits. Sith had a way of keeping the profits high and could easily pretend that they were creating a large manufacturing.

That wasn’t a large issue though. The larger issue was the stationed guards. They didnt have average blasters though, but the heavier stuff that shot faster. The factory was rather large though. There were many possible entry points and there were even more chances to get civilians in crossfire. It wasn’t a pretty one either. But there’s always ways to test defenses of the home team.

Sometimes testing that defense means going a mile away, stealing a speeder car, and rigging it with explosives a block away to explode with a rigged engine.

===============================================

Several guards walk around the parameter and look around with heavy awareness. Its only the early afternoon and everyone and everything is in full steam. With a surprise, the Sith guards, dresses in normal czerka outfits, hear an explosion. They go running down the street about a block East and see a speeder on fire. They call in a fire team to put out the fire and do a parameter check in a fairly organized fashion. The security team comes out of the inside of the buildings and being a full alert observation of the area. The team was pretty secure. This was a secret black site after all and it took even Bernie some two weeks to even assume it was so.

Regardless, Sandra had her notes from watching on a hill a mile or so away. What she didnt expect though were the drones that fly in the air and take a look around the area. She cloaks and the droids zip by in various directions to see if there were any scouts or the likes. If she was the average person, she’d have likely been seen, but she was…lucky, this time. But for now she packs it up and spends the rest of the hours in studying the base.

When the evening came, she decides to head out for now to ponder her next move…

5 Likes

TWO DAYS LATER

====================================

It was a quiet ride in the Speeder Sandra picked up Solomon in. Sandra doesn’t really enjoy stealing speeders and such, but she always tried to return them, in the least. She’s wearing her tight black outfit and the dark scarf she uses on occasion. She tells Solomon the plan.

“So… the plan is to get around the side of the Factory while Kevin’s team creates a rather large distraction out in the front. We’re going to go inside and find Darian. We have about 15 minutes to get in and find him before there’s enough reinforcements to actually make escaping rather…near impossible. I’ve got a fair bit of explosives in the back along with a few things to help, such as a slicing kit. You’ll see that split second decisions are what make and break an operation. We’re going in quickly to leave their heads spinning rather than announcing ourselves properly.”

She reaches in the back seat to a grenade box and puts a smoke bomb in his lap

“Throw that down if things are getting rough for you and make your way to a better position, ya? We’ll be together the whole time, but you never know…”

Solomon nods along to himself as the plan is laid out on the speeder. He wears a dark robe, cracked mask hiding his expression.
“We’ll crack the back and get in and out. Understood. Anything else I should know. Expect any honor guard or anything?”
He blinks slightly at the grenade, clearing his throat.

“Will it get that crazy?”

There is obvious tension in his brow. Sandra would know that Solomon is… unused to missions such as these. He’d lean against her during the speeder ride, but mostly keep his eyes closed- attempting to maintain a semblance of calm. Her lessons repeated in his mind ‘Be nothing’, and nothing he was becoming

Sandra pulls the speeder over a few blocks away from the site and gets out of the vehicle. She motions him to follow and they get to the trunk. …It’s clear that Sandra is far busy-er of a lass than she ever lets on. There’s enough explosives in the back to light up the block itself were he even to sneeze the wrong way.

“This will get a fair bit crazy. You should expect that who ever inside is likely supporting the Sith. This will likely be the first time you see how I really operate outside the eyes of everyone we know. If you don’t want to kill someone, make bloody sure they can’t get up.”

Sandra picks up the pouches of explosives and puts them on her sides, then shutting the trunk, clearly leaving the rest for whatever may come.

Napalm, or gelled fuel, is best known for its use in bombs; but it’s essentially just gasoline that has been chemically altered to make it sticky and easier to control. It can be used in explosive devices but it can also be used in any situation where you need to control the shape and size of a flame. Which makes it very useful in forest fire work, building demolition and any situation where you want to scare the hell out of someone.

Easing into the lessons he’d gone over with Sandra, his face would fall blank, only offering her a swift shake of the head at the assertion of mercy. With a quick flourish he’d click his mask back into place, a small hissing of air as it’s latch closed. “Anyone left alive is a liability to the both of us, teacher. I know what to do.” He swing his legs off of the speeder and amble after Sandra, /very/ aware of the block destroying explosives that Sandra had in the back. The mask would pan to the woman and focus on her every move, clearly ready to follow her orders without question.

“We’re not here to slaughter people. We’re the liability if we fail.”

The pair hear the beginning of Kevin’s assault on the front of the factory and they make their way to a fenced section of the factory on another wing. A hole is cut through the thick wired fence and the pair slip through They move along the sides of the buildings, Sandra leading the maneuvering as she senses out living beings and moves around them. Occasionally, she sets an explosive charge outside of main walkways, likely to avoid needless death, and better for distractions. The tall silos, smoke emitting towers, and various power generators are all works of wonder, but from Czerka tech… who knows what errors lay between them. As they prepare to enter the main facility’s interior. In the distance, a whole contingency of Sith push out of a building and rush towards the chaos

“This is the interior now, I believe. We only have a few minutes to explore in here and hope for the best. As soon as we enter, be mindful of your moves.”

He’s mostly confused for a moment, then settles into more calm. He trusted Sandra and it showed. Each step she took, he was her shadow. Every motion mimicked and mirrored, even with no explosives in his own hands. He wanted this. To embrace her teachings, to become more like the teacher he looked up to so much. The smoking silo and outpouring sith confirmed Teacher’s words, Solomon gave a silent nod of confirmation. He’d take another sharp breath and steady himself. He was willing himself into nothingness. His mind blank and free of distractions. He could measured every half-step and footfall, and moved in stride with Sandra- all eerily precise.

“Through hope we find salvation, teacher. Lead and I shall follow.”

They bust through the doors and several guards left behind from Kevin’s distraction point blasters. Sandra waves a hand and throws their weapons away before they are tossed into the wall.

The pair run quickly through the building quickly with only a few employees looking confused

“We need a way to find the lower levels. I wonder where they would hide such a place. We dont have much time…”

A small exhale of relief escapes his throat as she disables the troops and disarms them. He sweeps a hand across and throws their weapons further away, ensuring they’d not be grabbing them to shoot the pair in the back. He doesn’t look at the faces of any of the employees as the sprint through, trying his best to focus on the task at hand. As Sandra would rattle off her musings, he’d take another deep and long inhale, clearing his mind once more. He’d push his presence in the Force outwards, though not as talented as Sandra, and attempt to latch onto the emotions a captive might feel. Despair. Exhaustion. Pain. He’d also feel around for anyone that was unconscious but wounded in some way. “I’m… attempting to feel out, teacher. I’ll trust you to keep us moving in the right direction.”

Thankfully, at this range, there’s a small tinge of darkness off a few meters away. Seems like one of the turn offs to the right of where they are

He’d grab Sandra’s hand a moment as he opened his eyes, exhaling the long-held breath. Wordlessly, he’d start moving in the direction of what he felt, pulling her along gently but letting her lead should she choose to.

They make their way through the facility quickly. The simple sith guards in the way are nothing to the pair as they are either thrown about, launched like toys, or left stunned in the head. Sandra slaps an explosive on a few walls with timers as they move about the metal framed facility. They get to a wall and look at each other a moment "…I dont want to say its a secret wall, but i’m pretty sure it’s a secret wall…*

His calm would break as he laughed, nodding to her words before composing himself. He’d touch the wall and feel around for escaping air or secret levers. His breathing slowed, allowing his focus to remain almost fully on the wall itself. “There… has to be something here, teacher. To open such.”

Sandra looks around and considers A warehouse door is going to be reinforced, but the walls aren’t. And the areas under the corners don’t have load bearing beams.

“Let’s blow out the walls. Forget the door…”

Sandra goes to cut a hole in the wall with her saber on the sides of the ‘door’ and stuffs some explosives in them.

He nods, swinging away with his foil at similarly distanced point to Sandra, leaving her to handle the explosives. Feeling time tick away, he peers down the hallways they came down and lifting his hand, ready to push any that would try to intercede their efforts.

“I’ll cover you, teacher.”

A wave of Sith move down the halls, the simple silvered armor ones. Sandra is focused on placing her explosives safety.

The Approaching Sith begin to gun towards Solomon

He steps forward and inhales, remembering lessons and words from Santa echoing in his mind, before feeling a wave of energy flow from him and out of him palm- extending his arm fully. The wave of Force that approached the silver troopers was measured and precise, knocking their weapons out of their hands and sending them a fair bit backwards. His feet were set and firm, gaze trained forward to listen for more footfalls. With his free hand, the apprentice would unclip a foil and a single green beam of energy would emerge, Solomon quickly falling into the familiar cadence of Shii-Cho.

“We’re fine for now, teacher.”

She comes from room and motions Solomon a few meters away. They take cover behind a metal beam and the explosion goes off, shaking the immediate area.

“Louder than i’d like, but that will do.”

“Just a /little/ louder than you’d like?”

*He shudders at the durasteel wall and their cold emnity, but keeps pace with Sandra, very careful to not fall behind.

They run back into the room and move around the door that hardly even took a scratch. Thankfully, the sides were fair game and they passed to the private site.

The underground area starts with a sleek durasteel walls and stair wells going down. There was an elevator, but no one takes the elevator during an invasion. That was a nice way of getting trapped.

As they moved down the stairs, they come to the door way and peek down. There’s a large hallway with many different doors. Several guards are pacing about and even some scientists are roaming in their labs

“…Wow, a whole site down here.”

He follows behind her and jumps at the explosion slightly, shaking his focus for a moment before he frowns at Sandra. He stops as the hallway reveals the lab and lowers his voice to a whisper.*

“… Who knows what they’re getting up to, down here?”

“I suppose that won’t be too important in a moment. Looks like the guards are ramping up to head up the elevators. We can go in once they do.” The guards head into the elevators to intercept who ever ‘might’ be at the top of the black site, but otherwise, only a few remain to keep the researchers in check. It’s a few moments later that Sandra waves a hand and one of the guards look at the other two

“You stole my credits, didnt you? Filthy thief!”

“What are you talking about?”

“YOU STOLE MY CREDITS!”

“What? I wish I did, cuz now you’re a pain in my a-”

The guard fires on the other and a moment later there’s a confusing threeway shootout. The pair use this time to slip by and enter a room on the left. This room has a fair bit of supplies for medical use and just some left over electronics

“I suppose this is a medical closet…”

He watches Sandra wave her hand and his eyes widened, but he doesn’t hesitate to continue to shadow her into the medical closest. He made a mental note to ask her about whatever it was she did, later. As they dove into the closet, he closed his eyes and emptied his mind. Again, he’d reach out through the Force to attempt to locate the person they were here to find, time was ticking away.

There’s a lot of people around, making it hard to find anyone, but there were some notes of sad emotions near the end of the massive hallway they just came from

“Mrm. I feel something at the other end of the hallway, teacher. But I can’t quite pinpoint what it is. Just somber.”

He’d exhale again, using this time to refocus and regain his breathing. His first mission with Sandra, and things were going fairly well. He wanted to keep up the avoidance, best he could.

“Very good. We’ll get on to the end of the hall then. We’re going to make a full sprint, as to avoid being noticed for too long. Once we open the door, just bolt to the end of the hall and we’ll try the right most room first.” Sandra puts a hand on the door handle “Ready?”

“Ready.”

He’d take a breath, letting the Force flow into his legs. If he excelled at anything, it was augmenting his body with the Force- this sprint would be no different than the ones on Mon Cala she’d have him do. He’d envision the hallway and the rightmost room, preparing for the opening of the door.

The pair burst out of the room and dart down the hall. The remaining trooper, panting in exhaustion is tackled so hard into a wall that it cracks as the pair run by. The get to the room and the door is locked, but with a swing of the saber, the hinges on the lowtech door is cut down. The pair enter and see several prisoners in chairs with blind folds. She looks to Solomon “…Well, there are clearly more than one person here. I think if you head on ahead to clear the way, I can get these fellows out. Can you head back up the stairs and cover the way? I’ll bring them up the elevator.”

“You’ll have a clear path.” Not remembering seeing any troopers in their path besides the tackles one, he nods. Though wanting to stay and help, he could not question teacher’s decisions. Not now, there was no time. Not even to check the status of all the prisoners. He’d exit the room with a lit foil and outstretched hand, making his way back up the stairs and trying to cover as best he could right now. He’d pause to listen for any sounds or hear anything.

As he reaches the top of the stairs, there are 5 soldiers waiting for the elevator. One occasionally looks down back at his comms and speaks

“There’s a group of mandos or something still fighting at the front of the factory. Who even are they? They’ve been at it for almost 20 minutes! Throwing everything we have at them, what the hell.”

Another deep breath, taking a running start as he charged the group. He’d feel another wave of the Force in his chest, and then expel with ferocity- pushing all of them strongly against the wall. As he closed the distance, his foil would dance between their weapons and slice them in half. There was a distinct ‘thud’ from the impact of all the troopers hitting the wall. It was over in moment, but Solomon still stood there standing guard, taking deep breaths.

Sandra’s crew comes up the Elevator a minute after

“Looks like you got it handled, heh.”

The various people, including Darian, are all holding each other and trying their best to keep upright. "Lets get to the speeders. We have about 3 minutes until the bombs go off and distract otherwise*

“Does anyone need to be carried?”

He nods to Sandra as they amble along, offering his back to anyone that is unable to keep pace. He keeps his head on a swivel, keeping an eye out for anything tougher than just a Sith Trooper. His foil is held tightly in his hand, that a laborous breath.

A young lady is motioned to.

“Carry this lass, Solomon. Let’s try and move as quick as possible without out pacing the captured.”

His expression would turn to one of kindness and warmth as he motioned for the young lady to get on his back, lowering himself to the ground.

“You’re alright now, miss. Let’s get all of you out of there.”

He was deceptively strong, hefting her on his back with zero issues, and beginning to catch up with Sandra and the group, carefully watching their surroundings and avoiding getting too far ahead.

They make their way through the facility and as they hear the fence they came in, the first of the small explosions go off in the distance by the Factory. The people are loaded into the speeder car and the rest of the supplies thrown in the trunk. Though its a bit of a squeeze in the speeder car, they begin to back up and drive off with extreme speed.

It is at this same time, Kevin and his group are leaving the front of the base. Kevin’s laughter of victory on his group’s resistance against the sith as distractions were glorious. And as the group heads away, the Sith are left with their heads spinning…

=========================================

Once everyone is shipped away and send to Mon Cal’s hospital, Sandra pays the weakened Darian a visit at a closed hospital setting for those from the black site to recover. When she enters his room, he’s laying in the bed with an IV to his arm. Her heart sinks at the sight of the man who’s lost likely about 20 Lbs from when she last saw him. He was a little pale too. Sandra carries a bundle of flowers in her arm for him.

“…D-Darian? Are you awake…?”

“…Sandra. Is… are you real…?”

“Y-Yes! I am! Darian, i’m right here.”

She drops the flowers quickly on the table and kneels by his bed side

“I’m right here, Darian!”

“…What is…real…? Are you…a …goddess? Will you free…me…?”

Sandra’s eyes water and she takes his hand.
“You’re already free! I’m right here, see? Can you feel me?”

She puts Darian’s hand on her face.

“…So warm… I… you sound familiar…”

“What did they do to you, Darian? What did the Sith do to you?!”

“My head… I… it’s spinning. They did something to my head. Like I could see them in my mind. I could hear their screaming, their threats, their questions.”

“They Mind Probed you. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry, Darian! I’m …sorry.”

Darian falls asleep after a bit of an agonizing strain. His hand falls from her face as he goes unconscious. Sandra lays her head in her arms on the bed, just sitting there quietly for two hours. Once the time passes, she gets up and looks down at him, something swelling inside of her before she lets out a shaky breath.

Once she’s back on her ship, she sets her bag down on the table and removes her boots. Sandra sits on a chair and looks up before screaming…

3 Likes

Sandra spends a few hours at the hospital on Mon Cal with Darian. He lays there with absolute exhaustion still as he looks on Sandra. She sits next to his bed, quietly holding his hand as their gazes exchange.

After some quiet hour or so, she speaks softly to Darian

“I didn’t think i’d really see you again. Being sent to a black site is generally the fate worst than death. After what was done at the Republic Base, I figure you’d just spend the last of your life there and i’d just have to accept that. I suppose I couldnt imagine that you and several others were taken from the site, and much less to have it found in the first place.”

Darian’s eyes look to Sandra and he gives a faint nod

“Do you remember our first mission together? I got separated from my master and I was hiding in a trench. I sat in a corner as explosions and shouting was all around me. I didn’t realize it at the moment, but you were holding me tightly and telling me it would be okay. I didn’t hear you over my own screams and crying at first, you know. You just kept saying, ‘It’s okay. It’s okay. We’ll be okay. It’s okay,’ and after some time, my master found us in the trench.”

“…Sandra… I… I said i’d keep you safe…”

“Mm… Then master lifted my chin and just nodded. You both did all you could to keep me focused and secure. I could see Master’s gaze so clearly. I didn’t really notice that he had already picked me up.”

“…We… carried you back to the operating base. You were…still shaking. I think… I… it was your first or second time in a larger battle.”

“This is so. You didn’t leave my bed side either. I think it was then that I really understood what friendship was, for myself. The way you looked at me with such worry and empathy made me feel like I was someone about to be understood by more than just Master. It was nice.”

“Sandra, I… I don’t know what they got out of me. I’m so–”

She stands and hugs his head gently and warmly to her chest and whispers…

“It’s okay. It’s okay. It’s okay…”

Tears begin to streak down Darian’s face as his arm reaches up to grip her shirt’s back, slowly developing into a soft crying. Sandra closed her eyes and just held him so and whispered these words on occasion. She hardly noticed that her own cheeks were wet…

===================================

When Sandra returns to a room in the Mon Cal hotel, she didn’t realize it was already 2 AM. Her bag is tossed on a small table and her shoes are undone before being set neatly by the bed’s edge.

Her eyes looked on to the cabinet of the small room and images of the war played on the metal surface. After a few minutes of this, she looks away and grips the sheets of her bed tightly. She falls backwards on the bed, leaving her legs to just hang off the sides. The view of the dark purple ceiling made her think of her Master for some reason. It was all she could do before she realized that by the time she opened her eyes again… It was already mid day tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sandra flies off in her ship after a mission the next day. It was news that she didn’t think she would hear. Nothing that she imagined in her time that would be. The death of Elliot Graves. She didn’t really believe it at first, but when Elyd and everyone else entered the room… she knew it to be true.

“Hello, Graves.”
“Mornin, Darlin”

It was their simple greeting that came into her mind. For years, it was really a welcoming gesture. He was a comfort in a time where chaos and madness roamed so freely, but there was a calm and collected nature about him that even when standing with worry by the Pyre, he would be there with his simple greeting…

“I told you not to die, Graves. I told you every time…”

Sandra’s tears run down her face as she slams her fist through a chair and cries by the remains. She falls to her knees and lays her head on the cool floor.

“I wanted to see that farm with the critters and cattle, Graves. I wanted to bring you that bottle of whiskey from Coruscant that I said you’d like. For all the time I saw you, I didn’t even say thanks for having my back, ya know. I would pretend that maybe I won’t die as a spy or agent and… despite the odds… maybe i’d have something like that too. Something like my own ‘farm’ or at least a bit of peace before the end. You gave me a hope for that future and… I wanted to believe it. I wanted to see it. I wanted to see YOU there!”

She gets up and pulls at her hair, tugging on it as she then goes to scream aloud again, then again with a series of shaky breaths. She walks over to the ship’s front and looks out at the stars.

He used to talk about the time he worked in space, his bounty hunting career, his short time as sheriff and other matters that dug into her. It was when she gazed on the stars, she thought of the times he’d make her laugh, the times he relied on her, the days when she was barely a Padawan again and her odd Knighthood… always did he seem content with her.

It was then the stars seemed to offer a moment of calm, like he always would by that pyre. She looked out at the space before whispering…

“…Goodnight, Darling.”

Sandra falls to her knees and lays her head on the cool cool floor… the cold only offering a slight of comfort in a dark galaxy that would take such a person away. Again, she’s left to contemplate the loss of a friend.

**Cowboy Bebop - Blue

7 Likes

After the memorial for Graves, and her heated talk with Griggs and Callista, she makes her way to Mon Cal, landing and just laying her head on the console. She ponders mortality a moment before going to visit Darian. Another person she thought she’d lost.

"On the way to the hospital, she walks slowly, staring at various things as she goes on by, letting her mind just have a bit of quiet for now. The streets at night were calm on Mon Cal by the Hospital. It was a nice place to walk around. Most people dont like spending time around places where Doctors are, death, sickness, and all that tend to roam. Made a great place for her to find some head space before heading into the hospital to Darian’s room.*

Darian is sitting up proper and looking on a Datapad with the things he’s missed in the weeks he had been gone. He looks as Sandra enters and he smiles weakly.

“Hey, Sandra.”

“Hello, Darian. How are you feeling…?”

“I’m okay, I think. Therapist just left a few minutes ago. Bernie is really going all out, as he always does. He knows the best of the best, sometimes to my own frustration.”

“…I understand. He’s on my arse too with getting me to study hard and basically devour everything in his head. It’s rather refreshing sometimes, despite how utterly exhausting it can be.”

“How is the old man?”

“I wonder if he’s really old at all, and just hitting us with another spy trick about his age. He has as much energy as a toddler.”

“I don’t often see you act as energetic you likely actually are.”

“I don’t show a lot of things to people.”

Sandra walks over and sits on the side of his bed, taking out a wrapped sandwich on his lap. She turns away a moment to set her bag on the table and she feels his arms wrap around her waist, head laying on her back. It’s a surprise, but her shoulders relax and lets him do so before speaking again.

“…Are you alright, Darian?” She asks softly

“It’s be absolutely the worst. I’ve had a lot of time to think about everything. I messed up really bad. I dont really know what they will do with me after.”

“You should retire. They won’t let you back in. And if not, you’d likely end up doing some nonsense like smuggling to get your kicks, or end up working with people who wont treat you nearly as well as Bernie has.”

“Something is kind of off about you. Are you okay?”

“Some people I knew rather well have died in the last few weeks. And one that I rather adored as a person died. It’s been really testing and I think i’m realizing a lot of issues with my perception on death, despite all the training i’ve had.”

“I don’t see any issues in breaking down for the people you love and adore, Sandra. It’s part of live. It’s okay to be sad and feel dazed. It means you cared and that you really made a bond with people. I know it’s not something spies are suppose to really do, but sometimes, just an inner circle of pals are okay to have.”

“They all tell me the same thing, pretty much. Pisses me off. I know I can’t really avoid it though. It utterly infuriates me that all I can do is move through these devastating emotions over and over again! I hate it!”

“I know you said I should retire, but uh, why dont you come with me?”

“…Might not be so bad, actually.”

“Sorry, I didnt mea–what?”

“…I said it might be a decent idea. Most suggest I should get out of the business and find a ‘happy’ life anyways. Graves had a dream about a farm. About a peaceful life with cattle and what have you on such a wide and lovely field. I gave his words some thought and maybe it would be nice to live by the beach in a little place.”

“Sandra…?”

“Jacen died. All I saw of him was his burned remains. Left everything to me, rather oddly. Then, I guess that was when I realized that things aren’t going to get simpler. Nothing is going to change in a way that will leave me in a place to find peace. Perhaps a Jedi’s life is sacrifice, but i’ve been wondering how much I have to truly give up before I break. Or maybe i’m just being emotional and stupid…”

“It’s alright. I get that way. In the least, thanks for humoring me.”

She turns to Darian and smiles a bit, a hand raises to his cheek gently. They stare at each other a moment before she looks away and stands up and sits in the chair next to his bedside. Darian lays back down and groans in some exhaustion still, closing his eyes. Sandra didnt even realize she had fallen asleep until she woke up and it was another day…

6 Likes

Sandra wakes suddenly with a racing heart.
She sits up, hold the covers up to her chest, pointing her blaster and looking around the room frantically. A cold sweat breaks out for a moment before she realizes that she’s in her own room on the ship. With blaster still in hand, she pushes some messy hair from her face and then gives the blaster a light toss aside onto the floor by the bed.

She plops backwards in bed and looks on the ceiling.
Was just her on the ship. Seems Griggs left already.
Maybe it was best. Getting prepped for a mission took a certain mindset.
She always prepared alone and in silence for a large one.
A hand reaches over and picks up the datapad.
Several messages are scrolled by, but she just turns it off.
She recalled her chat with Elyd the day before and it was motivating.
At least there was somethings to keep reminding her of why she is.

Sandra barely realized she was in the shower.
The water raining down on her from above.
The days were like a dream in a way. Just floating along…
It was easy to let time pass, but harder to find pleasure in things.
She looks down as the water runs off her hands…

It was just a moment that a fork appears in her hand.
Small bites from a breakfast Griggs left for her.
She forces herself to eat though incase it would be awhile again.

With little notice she was dressed in tight black stealth outfit.
The redhead in the mirror looks back at her.
A hand is ran through her hair before tied in a folded ponytail.
She smiles faintly to herself before taking a deep breath and leaving.

===================================

On Mon Cal, Sandra boards the shuttle with Bernie on it.
He’s in tactical gear and gives her a nod when she enters.

“Ready for the next mission then?”

“Where are we going today…?”

“We’re going to a tropical paradise. Figured you could use a break.”

“Are there expensive liquors to enjoy?”

“Likely in the Sith Base that’s being set up there.”

“Goodie…”

“And where is this tropical paradise? Good question, Sandra.”

“I didn–”

“That’s right, it’s Rishi. Sith are trying to hold up there as they move to Lannik. Thankfully, the work we’ve done so far has been giving us the edge here along the Gamor Run Trade routes and the ones heading to Tatooine. Republic has had a good hand since the Pirate King joined up with us up in Mon Gazza. Once the Sith hit Lannik, it’s all hell to make sure they don’t get past there. At that point, I hope you know a lot of people, because they will come hard. Losing Lannik can mean a major disadvantage from here on out. So let’s mess up some Sith on Rishi and give our boys some breathing room.”

“Understood. Where do I enter…?”

“Part of their base is still under construction. Find a way in through there. Head in and disable the base. I’ve given you two heavy charges to set. The Republic and Sith are having a trench battle and it’s been hell for them for about 35 days straight. So this is a power play. Do your thing and then get out. Do whatever you have to do.”

“What will you be doing…?”

“I’ll be on the ground with THIS baby.”
Bernie pats his Beam Cannon

“Crude…”

“War’s a War. We can get all mopey about our questionable morals after.”

“That is far. I lost another friend the other day. What do I do…? I’ve tried so hard to try and keep those I adore safe and I still watch them die. What do I do…”

“At the end of the day, we’re fighting so that there doesn’t have to be any more dying like this. You remember that we’re not fighting for the individual, but for the galaxy. The galaxy can’t let the Sith take over for their own plans. Just keep going on and maybe we’ll die for a decent reason after all.”

“I understand.”

=========================

The ship lands at an Operations Base behind the Front line. The plumes of explosions and blasters can be heard echoing in the distance. Sandra can already sense and feel the waves of death that come from the direction she has to go and it weights on her before Bernie puts a hand on her shoulder with a nod.

“Base is North of here. Sith and Republic have cleared this area out of trees, but keep on hitting North until you hit the tropics. Meander around and get to the back of their base. Mission is all yours. Go do it.”

“Yes, sir.”

Sandra throws on her black scarf and with a few hops up and down to get into the mindset, she walks off North wards…

The Tropical forests are not something that is new to her. The bugs, the sounds, the leaves, the sound of live all about… it was a symphony of the Force. Walking through the Tropics was pleasant in a way. At least she didn’t need to stay out here for days and find ways to accommodate and survive once her own supplies ran out. Though it was with a pause that she looks up to see what looked like an avian humanoid. Sandra looks on her datapad a moment at the mission brief

The Rishii are a sentient, avian species of carnivores which possess a brown and white feathered humanoid form, with two legs ending in four toed feet, two arms, a tail, and a head. The species’ two arms consist of feathered wings ending in nimble three fingered humanoid hands. The wings allow the Rishii to fly at great speeds, which is their method of travel. A Rishii’s head contained a beak between two yellow eyes framed by a large brow. Rishii are capable of mimicking anything said to them perfectly, and also possess extremely strong senses, hearing, and strong sight. Rishii stand on average 1.6 meters tall and have generally yellow skin.

“Fascinating…”

5 Likes

The group looks on Sandra as she slowly walks on by. Not under them, but not out of their sight either. She holds her hands up and as she’s almost past them, one hops down and lands a few feet from her. Her head tilts a slight as this being she’s never seen before and whispers.

“Hello…”

“HELLO” it speaks back rather quickly.

“…Just passing by.”

“PASSING BY” It replies.

Sandra slowly backs away and lowers her self a slight. Two more Rishii land to the side of the pair and analyze Sandra. Her own red hair sort of mimicking some of their red feathers was perhaps a happy accident, but Sandra takes out one of the nicer tasting rations and holds it up to the fellow in front.

When you’re a spy, you spend a lot of time in foreign lands. That often means that you’re either studying up on their language, learning how to communicate non-verbally, or at least making sure you’re not starting a war with a group you never really intended to piss off to begin with.

Sandra breaks off a piece and takes a bite for herself before passing it. The bird fellow darts in spaztic motions towards Sandra, which causes her to slightly flinch, but the fellow takes her offering and with some narrowed eyes, takes some bites. The head quickly snaps to its allies then back to Sandra within a second. The bird man behind stabs what looks like something insectoid like and brings it over to Sandra. It takes a bite of the thing and then passes it.

In her mind, this was not exactly unexpected, but it was rather…graphic, to say. She swallows some air and finishes the remainder of the bug offered and shivers a slight. At the shiver, the Rishii seem to deliver something akin to a …laugh? Sandra gives a gross smile at the three and downs some water to get the taste out of her mouth. It’s hardly a moment later where some silver armored Sith are wandering the woods in a group of 4. Sandra stands to hide behind a tree and the Rishii hop back into their trees.

The group walk over almost and gaze up in the trees. They immediately begin to fire and the Rishii scramble, throwing their spears. One spear hits just right and goes into a thigh of one of the group. Sandra decides to make a show of her allegiance and goes to drat through the three with a quick slash from her saber in a classic Shii-Cho display and they fall to the ground, the Cyan beam turning off soon after.

Sandra sees the Rishii are missing from her sight, but she can at least sense them, but for now, she moves on to her objective.

The rest of the walk around to the base takes a few hours. Occasionally she stops to drink some water and gather her thoughts so she can focus when it matters most. It’s the early evening when she finally reaches the back end of the base.

Soldier are marching about, turrets are being built, training in the ‘yard’ they have set up. Even though this base is new, the heavy droids that are around are doing well at keeping the Republic back. There aren’t many actual soldiers to account for outside the hundred or so that she’s seen running around the next hour or so. Then the construction crews as they come in under the cover of night. Sandra pays careful attention to the shift change before taking her shot to move in from the base, but there there’s a curious sound of flapping in the distance. A dozen Rishii fly over the Sith base and rain down various spears at the droids and personnel.

The droids begin to fire up at the night sky and personnel scramble to figure out what’s going on. By the time they are finished scrambling, Sandra is already meandering through some incomplete structure and enters the base…

The interior is in moderate light mode as they get everything running fully, but there aren’t a lot of guards immediately on the inside. The sleek walls were unpleasant to move against, but a lot of unopened crates around leaves a lot of places she can just lean behind or Cloak. Various armor colored soldiers move around on occasion though, but perhaps the comfort of a few thousand droids keeps those inside rather feeling secure as the sheer fodder they can throw at the Republic. Not as if she was complaining.

Sandra takes the opportunity to enter a rest room and finds someone sitting in the toilet with the door closed. She goes to knock on the door and the fellow inside gumbles

“Occupado, pal.”

Knock knock

“Taking a shite here, buddy.”

Knock Knock

“THERE’S LITERALLY A SECOND STALL!”

Knock Knock

“I swear to freaking hel–”

Opens the door and gets force pushed into the wall, knocking him out. She adjusts him back on the toilet and leaves him there. Then enters the next stall to climb into the vent. While the odors of various bathrooms entering the vent surely made her internally beg for the sweet release of a beheading, she keeps on looks into various rooms. She eventually finds one of the support pillars below.

Dropping down into the room is simple enough. There’s a person sitting at a desk, but he’s not moving. It’s even more disturbing to hear a deep snore. Sandra sighs and goes to set up the explosive next to a shelf where she covers it up with datapads. She hops back up into the vent and with some noise, the guard snores awake, looking around, then resumes to read a few notes.

The next stop is one she crawls around for a few minutes. Some guards run by to deal with who ever is causing trouble outside. So she hops down from the vent to a narrow walk way with various lockers. Clearly a way to pick up a weapon or something. She peeks in a few lockers and she could easily fit into one. Could be good for stuffing a body into, uncomfortably. But she moves on in any case, but then is stopped by a series of footsteps coming. She picks one of the empty lockers and steps inside, closing it almost all the way.

“Hey, there’s some bird freaks flying around and throwing crap at our droids. Hard to see them as they pop in and out of the woods. It’s bloody annoying.”

“We’re getting the anti-air up in a few minutes, so we can just spray them. Have some patience, man. Not like they are going to do anything to us just throwing spears and boulders at droids. Sticks and stones can break my bones, but droids don’t give a crap.

“Is that a saying?”

“Who cares. Get suited up so we can at least shoot at a few Republics or Bird-men. I didnt take the front lines job just to sit in base.”

“Right right, alright lets hurry on then.”

Sandra waits in the locker until they head out. She blows some hair aside and resumes looking through the rooms for another support pillar. She enters a room with a lot of computers in it. There’s some fellows that look like IT or Maintenance working on the computers, putting them together and linking their network. She narrows her eyes at a computer and as she points a finger, the comp sparks and pops.

“WOAH, Jimmy! Did you forget to ground the circuit in this row?”

“What? That’s like grade school crap. Are you kidding? YOU forgot to set it up.”

“It’s LITERALLY just grounding. You put the damn thing in the socket and piss off!”

“I’ve been doing this for 14 years!”

“I’ve been doing it for 20!”

“You’re better than me, arseface?”

“Shut up before I beat you like its my job and lets get a new set up for this crap before we get threatened by some tin can. Tired of this freaking place. I’m 10 seconds away from going back to setting up tech for senate offices. At least I can get laid once in a while.”

“Move then!”

The pair exit in a fury as they yell at each other and Sandra de-cloaks to slip into the room. She lays the explosive in the shade by the computer desks. Once that’s all set up, she walks out of the room, peeking side to side to make sure no one’s coming and heads back into the vent with a thud. The crawl backwards is not nearly as entertaining and she finally returns to the restroom she started. She checks in on the unconscious fellow and goes to hurry on out to the construction section of the base.

When she can see the outside, she looks on as many droids run around firing wildly into the skies. Sandra looks on as her datapad vibrates and she answers.

“It’s Bernie. Some commotion going on at the Base. This was a stealth mission. What’s going on?”

“Met some of the neighbors and natives. Some are harassing the Sith it seems since some of them shot at a few Rishii earlier. I think they’re targeting silvery enemies, so keep silvery stuff out of range. Might get confused for an enemy. Meanwhile, i’m using their distraction to an advantage. I’m almost out.”

“Move it then. Droids are swarming our position and we only have about 2 hours of good resistance left to put up.”

“Understood. Blowing in five. See you in a few.”

And with that, Sandra makes a hell dash into the woods. A few droids see a glimpse of a black blur dive by and into the woods, but by the time they go to look, the first base explosion goes off and all attention shifts. Then another goes off and now there’s a whole mess of confusion as half the droids deactivate. On the Republic front, they get a chance to move in after about an hour or organizing…

Meanwhile, Sandra jogs through the woods back to the base landing. Before she gets there, she meets a Rishii that comes down from a tree. One from earlier. They stare at each other for a moment and she offers another ration. The other fellow offers a sack of…seed like snacks.

“Thank you.”

“THANK YOU” It replies

She heads on and exits the woods and gets a beep on her comm from an officer who’s looking on her exit the woods with an IR Scanner.

“I’ve got a few targets in your area, Mana.”

“Don’t fire on them. They are natives.”

“Roger. Confirm friendlies?”

“Confirmed.”

“Understood.”

Sandra makes her way back to one of the war tents and takes a seat. Some of the soldiers are rather confused to where this sudden redhead goddess came from as she sits there, recovering from the day and a half of work and travel. Several of the soldiers ponder about her and talk to themselves before Bernie comes in and shoos them.

“Interesting day. Sith still have a crap load of droids, but at least their infrastructure here is broken up. Should give us a little edge. In the meantime, you did good, Mana. How’s Darian holding up?”

“He’s recovering. I don’t know what he’s going to do. Are you going to do something with him?”

“For all purposes, he’s already dead. Sith grabbed a random assortment of people from the Black Site, mostly medical engineers who went nutty and rogue. We put a few of them back, but the rest of the ones you rescued were just people you dont have to worry about. Think i’ll give Darian a bit of credits and he can go off to live some place quiet like. Even though i’m sure he wont.”

“I would imagine he’ll try to do what he can still. Otherwise, he’s just trying to get his head together. Same way i’m trying to get mine together too.”

“Dont rush nothin. You’re already doing great with making headway after being a Jedi. Got a lot of your spunk back and you’ve been doing great independent work. For what it’s worth, i’m proud of you.”

Sandra smiles a slight and stands up. They look on each other a moment and they both give a nod at the same time before heading out to the ship they came in. They both lean on their legs quietly for the trip and dont make any conversation. There’s not much to say anyways outside of social quips, but they didn’t have the head for that kind of thing right now. It was just enough that they were still alive and functional enough to return ‘home’ without any major issues.

======================================

Sandra makes her way to her ship on Viscara and throws her stuff on the desk, lets her hair down, and goes to shower and change. Once all done, she sits and lays her head on her arms. Her gaze goes to ponder on the more deaths that she caused, but she closes her eyes and takes a moment to rest and nap.

By the time she wakes up, it’s already the next day. She gets up and groans before meandering about…

3 Likes

Sandra goes to Mon Cal where she meets Darian at a private hospital. She goes to sit next to Darian on a bench outside where he’s feeding fish in a large pond. Sandra flattens her black skirt and adjusts her blazer before sitting proper. He looks to Sandra and smiles lovingly.

“I’m glad you came to visit. Thought you got tired of me already, ha!”

“Maybe I should go then.” Sandra taunts

“No way. I’ll go nuts without you. Besides, you the only person I have left in my life. Bernie offered me a ‘severance’ package of sort. His way of telling me to settle down and just live quietly, you know?”

“You should do it…”

“I’m thinking about it. I can’t say that I like the idea of being tortured again or having to live my life in a way where not existing for the majority of the population is my day to day.”

“People are just an annoyance. Best to have a few that you prefer and even then, keep them at some measure of distance. Maybe i’m a hypocrite though. But, do as I say, not as I do. As the lively prophets of the people say, ‘Eat, Live, and be Merry’ or something like that.”

“Yeah yeah, you and the old man are spitting the same words. Walk me home then. Bernie got me a little room to stay in for now. Close to the hospital too so I can keep making my appointments and all that.”

“Very well.”

They stand and walk along the streets of Mon Cal. They are quiet for the walk back as they occasionally look on each other. The streets of the mid day are filled with many people who are moving along their life. It’s easy to give in to the slight of paranoia that any of them could be someone that’s potentially going to try and harm you, but at least her senses gave her some means of comfort in detecting hostility. For the rest of the walk, Sandra gazes on the lovely buildings, and more so the curved or domed ones. She tended to like that kind of architecture. They do one last lap around the apartment complex before going inside.

The door of the room Darian stays in is approached by the pair. They stop infront of it and he smiles gently to Sandra. They hardly needed words to communicate their thoughts after their years of friendship, but only to simply exist. Darian opens his door and steps in. He looks back to Sandra who stands there like a framed picture, her lovely outfit, red flowing hair, long emerald gaze, and calm expression that perhaps it could be considered awkward staring. Sandra gives a faint smile and with his own, closes the door gently.

Sandra walks around the streets on her own as she ponders, thinking about nothing in particular for once. There was an odd calm to the rest of the day that was a little disturbing, but it was certainly welcomed. Eventually, she reaches a small pier that overlooks part of the mega ocean. She stands there for some hours… people, kids, pets, and more walking by in a rapid montage as time fades from an early afternoon to the coming dusk of the day. It’s then she whispers to herself…

“He’s going to die horribly… isn’t he.”

She looks up at the blazing sky and closes her eyes.

3 Likes

The various worlds that knew or cared for Lifeday celebrated so and it was for many to offer a reason to be with family, friends, and even those that they rarely saw. She researched some things to do for the day because she never really celebrated this day before. Some time in research left her with some ideas for what to do. She prepares gifts for Cally, Solomon, Sin, Bernie, and Darian.

Her first stop is to visit Bernie…

============================================

Sandra wears a fairly festive-ish outfit with red and white tones to it. She walks to the consulate and the gentlemen look with absolute curiosity at the holiday angel gracing them as her red hair meanders behind her. She makes her way to Bernie’s office and nods to some of the fellow Agents. Once at the office, she gives a knock and opens the office door. Bernie is wearing a festive hat despite all the work he’s doing and looks to Sandra as she enters. He gives a bright smile and stands.

“Agent Mana, you’re looking the part today. Trying to get into the festivities?”

“I’m …just trying to learn what it means to do these mundane things. I’ve been thinking a lot about what it means to have a ‘life’ outside of work and it’s something I never considered before or thought of wanting, until now. What about a farm?”

Bernie gives a hardy laugh
“You’d never be a farm girl, Mana. But I understand the concept. I’ve thought about my own ‘farm’ in that sense. It’s why i’m grooming you and some others. Maybe you’ll take my place or get smart and get out of the business. Either way, i’m doing what I think is best for Mon Cal and the Galaxy that involves it.”

“You’re pretty good at this motivational speech thing…”

“You’ll get there, Mana. For now, if you plan to retire, i’ll put you in a damn good home. If you want to keep going, i’ll see you get those missions.”

“Thank you, Bernie… oh um… here’s a gift.”

Sandra comes over and hands him a little box. He looks on the porg paper wrapping and slowly unravels it. Inside is a gorgeous timepiece for his wrist that also measures steps taken and heart rate.

“This is a helluva gift, Mana. It’s damn beautiful gift. Thanks. What are you doing for Lifeday then?”

“I think i’ll just visit a few people and go to some thing that Solomon wants to throw at the lounge on Viscara later. Maybe i’ll see a few people there too I want to give gifts.”

“Watch out for the Nogg Spice Drinks. They’ll knock you out before you know it, ha!”

“Hehe… yes, sir. Happy Lifeday, Bernie.”

“Happy Lifeday, Agent Mana.”

Bernie gives a sage nod and looks back to his work with great seriousness. Sandra opens the door to the office and several people scatter away from the window they were trying to peek through at the woman. She looks to a few and makes eye contact with some and there’s a mix between lust and fear between the group.

======================================

Sandra makes her next visit on Mon Cal to Darian who resides in his apartment. Darian is moving a set of decorations onto his couch as he hears the knock. He comes to the door and blinks in surprise as Holiday Sandra stands there with a gift in her hand, that she suddenly extends to him.

“S-Sandra? I oh…I didn’t expect you to come by. Didn’t picture you as a festive girl.”

“Do I not please the festive notion of this day with my outfit and offering? Did I do the ritual incorrectly?”

“N-No! Not at all! You’re so beautiful and you’re definitely on point with the festive look. The gift is even wrapped so nicely! Uh, come in though! I made some festive foods with Callista yesterday and i’ve been passing out some to neighbors.”

“Callista was here…? Curious.”

Sandra steps in and looks at the bare tree and odd ornaments on the couch. She peeks at the cut up roast bird on the table and some cupcake looking things. She notes these items for possible festive goods and speaks again…

“Are all these things for festivities?”

“They are! I didn’t really have anyone to celebrate with, so I thought, why not just do it for myself and make it big! What are you all dressed up for, though?”

“I’ve been considering what I should do to be more content in mundane things. I decided to observe and take part in this larger known festivity. Perhaps my attempt at being ‘normal’ for a day or two for the sake of trying to understand Elliot Graves’ notions. Maybe I want to feel what it is like to feel ‘retired’ for the weekend. That is far, no?”

“Alright, then we have to REALLY do it. Here, come help me put these on the tree. These are ornaments you’re suppose to put on the tree and to make it pretty.”

“Is there a goal in this…? is there a pattern or something to the set up?”

“No, just do what feels right and with the intent of ‘FUN’ in mind. Come on, Sandy. Let’s grab a few and get started!”

“V-Very well…”

Darian brings the box over to a stool by the tree and takes some of the bulbs to put on the tree. Sandra considers his action and takes some of the baubles and sets them on the tree. She looks to be fairly more calculative about it and ponders the positions a fair bit more than Darian. He chuckles and hangs an ornament on Sandra’s skirt and she pouts a moment as he laughs. She throws a ribbon on Darian and sticks her tongue out at him. He then rebels with various other strings and she screams and laughs as they throw things at each other now.

It takes them about an hour to finish the tree and they look on their creation.

“This ended up pretty nice, if I do say so myself!”

“I do not know the standard for which the–”

“Don’t think about it so much, Sandy. Do you like it?”

“Um…yes. Yes, I like it. It was quite fun to put together.”

“Then that’s all that matters! What’s more important is that you spend time with people you care about and enjoy the feeling of family and loved ones. It’s why i’m glad you’re here, Sandra.”

“Darian… ah…”

“I know you have difficulties with expressing yourself and I want to say that it’s okay. I’m just glad you’re here. I’ve always loved you, Sandra.”

“…I… ah. I cannot give such feelings back so simply. And if I say such things, you’ll… d-die. You’ll dissapear like everyone else i’ve loved! You’ll die a horrible death and i’ll be broken and i’ll …i’ll …”

He moves before her and runs a hand in her hair.
“…It’s okay. We’re all meant to die sometime, you know? I want to make my life worth something and with no regrets. I want to live with bright energy and then die knowing that i left people with a brightness to carry on the future.”

“Is this your way to live with no regrets then? Is showing your affection for me the way you can be free?”

“That’s right. Because if I don’t say what’s on my mind now, i’ll never have the chance to say it again if something happens.”

“…You’ll die because of me.”

“That’s okay…”

“Why…? Is it not a punishment? Are you upset with me…?”

“No.” He comes closer

“Why do I feel like this is a punishment then…?”

“Then, will you take your punishment?”

“…Maybe I deserve it.”

“We both do…”

He leans in and kisses her gently. Her eyes water and tear up at the idea of another close loss, but she gives into the moment. After a minute, they fall backwards on the couch and the camera pans to the lovely tree that stands before them, shining gently in the morning light…

They sit on the couch quietly with a blanket over their laps, looking at the television displaying a fireplace for a little while.

“Are you alright, Sandra?”

“Mm, just enjoying the peace of the day before I have to go soon. This is just my morning, hehe…”

“No problem. Really though, thanks for coming and also… i’ll live forever, right? Don’t stress on it for now. Live the days and you’ll maybe find that happiness you’re getting close to keeping.”

“I think I am happy. Just… ah, nevermind.”

She goes to get dressed and picks up her bag.

“Happy Lifeday, Darian.”

“Happy Lifeday, Sandra. And um…”

“It’s alright, …don’t worry about it.”

She nods lightly and heads out for now, pondering the moment on her way back to the ship.

=========================================

She makes her way to Viscara and shower up before resuming her day. She gets outside of her ship meets with a few people outside, watching the fellows duel Kaelas various times and chatting. She returns to her ship and sees a little box from Corbin on her desk. She goes to open it and it notes…

“Happy Life Day. Spend it with people you cherish and remember, you are never alone.”

She looks on the Corellian chocolates and tries one, a little smile coming to her face as she considers the gift. Maybe this was the feeling that was part of the Lifeday season by design. That little sensations of joy and warmth that comes from giving and getting a gift… it was rather pleasant. Sandra considers this and sets the box aside for now.

Sandra decides for the day. she’ll go mingle and try to be a representation of this spirit to some degree. A bit of the holiday cheer finding a way into her weary heart…

5 Likes

After a few days of holiday festivities and a bit of eventful days afterwards, Sandra dawns her black heels, thigh high skirt, and a blazer with a white shirt. She adjusts the shades on her face as she goes to Mon Cal and looks around at an outside diner in the early morning…

A single fellow… with scruffy black hair. He wears some light robes and looks on a little black book with some nervousness. This human fellow looked jittery and skittish as he pecks at breakfast.

He hears heels clacking and coming up behind him and turns quickly. He looks up at Sandra who puts a hand on her hip and he squeaks

“Oh shit, it’s the fraking Shadow again. W-What do you want?! I’m busy, dammit! Can you go bully someone else for once?”

“Wasn’t easy finding you, Larry. I didn’t know you left the Dantooine Order. Should have called me, because i’m such a good friend, no?”

“You’re a boarderline Sith bitch with nothing but trouble written all over you. I’m not doing ANY favors for you, bloody wretch! Get out of here befor–!!!”

Sandra takes his hair and slams his head into the bagel on the table.

“You’re breaking my heart, darling! Aren’t we Ex-Jedi suppose to help each other out? We’re suppose to be the BEST of friends, no? Come on, don’t you want to do me a favor like old times, Mister Lutz?”

“GGuuuaaa… Even when you were working for Coruscant, you were still a bitch. What do you even thi—HAAAA!!”

Sandra pulls his head up harshly so he’s sitting straight and she sits next to him. She smiles gently and picks up his black book

“You’re keeping customers still? Must be nice to abuse those Jedi connections and the various other traders you got to know. Would be a shame if this got leaked to some police office.”

“Give that back, you damn bully! I swear i’ll-”

“You’ll what? Tell on me?~”

“Grrr…what do you want…?”

“You’re pretty decent with the law. A gal pal needs some help. You’re going to do it. Represent the fellow she says and we’ll be nice and square. Even. Equilateral and all that. Hear me?”

“And I can have my little book back AND be free of you, once and for all?”

“Sure, darling~”

“Shit, that’s a bargain. I’ll do it. What planet?”

“Viscara. Next to Kashyyyk.”

“The hell? Do they even have Law?”

“More than you’ve broken, fool.”

“Fine, FINE. Can a guy finish his breakfast in peace? Piss off, eh?”

Sandra stands up and runs a hand in her hair gently before giving Larry a nice pat on the shoulder. He grunts and lowers his head as she walks off. He groans and looks on the number she leaves him on a napkin for Kayth.

“Great…now I gotta help out some stranger. I better get paid for this crap. At least I’ll get Diana off my back for good. Guh…”

7 Likes

After the long day in court working hard to defend Kallyn, he sighs and calls Sandra once he’s at the star port

“Diana. Or…Sandra. I did your shitty job. Viscara is corrupt as a bloody stuffed speeder with 300 year batteries. Got my pay from the Sheriff and that makes US officially done, bitch.”

“…Is that so? Very well. You did your part and I keep my promises. I will never harass or hound you again. For what it’s worth, thank you, Lenny.”

“Yeah yeah, you’re welcome, or whatever…”

“Whatever you do next, dont let me catch you.”

“Shit, i’m already gone, Diana. I’m Long Gone…”

As he hangs up, he looks up at the sky of Viscara and the moments that had passed. Even though he was fairly corrupt himself and a law breaker, he couldn’t but help feel a soft spot for the people he tried to defend. He didn’t truly feel like he earned his keep, but whatever happened next, despite his displeasure saying… he left it to the Force. As he enters the star port, he takes out a hat and picks up his suit case, leaving to wherever shady folk and soddy lawyers need to be…

Meanwhile, Sandra sits back in her chair on the ship and crosses her legs. She considers the issue and with a light breath of calm, she sets the datapad down to resume her own life…

A necessary evil that goes along with being a spy is maintaining a relationship with all sorts of unsavory people. Like Spice dealers, Black Book Lawyers, and assassins for example. Of course, some friendships are friendlier than others.

5 Likes

Sandra wakes up in her bed and sits up pushing her messy hair aside, still exhausted from the day of purifying darkness and running around fighting a Sith Alchemist. Though she used the word ‘zombie’ loosely, in her mind, she knew what they were. That wasn’t what she wanted to spend the day on though.

She pushes the covers aside and looks on the sleeping Clive that stayed for the evening, lifts her long shirt a bit, and looks on her utterly sore legs. Outside of other intrigues, she certainly hasn’t had to run for miles, much more for hours, in a long time and was feeling it still a day or so later. There was no real desire to leave the bed as she falls back against the pillow. Outside of recent developments, Sandra felt that her Life Day season was rather amazing. It did bring great pleasures, some joy, and a bit of insight to why people really celebrated these things. There was a genuine warmth and peace to what it brought and such could be respected. Then there was the matter of Kassie and Ambrose, who were in the other room. She worried for them as Ambrose was the one she had to purify the evening before and then heal. Watching their love was pleasant and warming despite all that has happened in the last few days. Many were over at her place and some even stayed over, but it was fair. If it brought comfort to the friends of Ambrose, then she could invite them for the time.*

Once turned on her side, the datapad is grabbed and there are a few messages, and with some agony, goes to reply to them. It’s but a few moments later she finds herself in the Shower, looking on to the floor as the water fell. She considered the wedding that was coming and presses her head on the wall as the water rushed down. The first wedding she could go to without having to kill someone or manipulate anything. It will be fun! …At least, she would hope.

So she turns off the water and sighs. In the next moment, she is dressed and stepping outside. It’s then she realizes that it’s still 30 minutes early. Sandra makes her way to the bar with the Blubtender and orders a white wine. It’s here she thinks back to the hours and months of various training she’d received over the years. So much was instilled in her to make her the perfect weapon, and yet, here she was, in this lovely blue dress. Her master would have been happy to see her so lively and beautiful. Artemis would have been disgusted by the waste of time and lack of focus. It was curious how contrasting the two were in their teaching methods, but both were rather strict, in their own way, to study very deeply and intently. It did make her happy to be so well learned over the years. She didnt want to tear up with her make up on, so she takes a breath and prepares for the day…

2 Likes

A 13 year old Sandra is standing behind a bar and pouts, her arms folded across her chest.

“Master, what are we doing today? And why am I just looking at all these liquor bottles? Are you going to bully me again…?”

“Did you know liquor is one of the many universal languages? When there’s nothing much to do, many races and groups come together to partake in the same sort of activity that is broadly term’d as ‘drinking’. The self indulgence of a faintly poisonous drink that elicits pleasant feelings of weariness and mental clouding of various notes.”

“…Eh?”

“People drink, they feel decent, then do it again.”

“Why would someone poison themselves? And why is it common?”

“They poison themselves to feel good, Sandra, hahaha! And it’s common because a lot of people like to feel good. Don’t you?”

“I suppose I do…”

“There’s certainly many ways to have such sensations, but this one offers you a unique vantage and perspective to what you’re learning, little one.”

“And what is that?”

“When people drink this elixir, they become more open to suggestion and to speaking. But, before all that, you need to speak their language.”

“Are these bottles their language…?”

“Perceptive as always! Though perception with no understanding is of no use. So let us broaden your understanding. These drinks are all some of the most popular drinks across the galaxy. There are about 90 different bottles here. You’re going to memorize them. If your recent aptitude test says anything, it’s that you’re good with remembering things. So let’s abuse that.”

“M-More studying? I thought today was going to be fun day?!”

“Fun, for me, hahahaha!”
He goes to pour a glass from one of the bottles and sits at the bar, taking a sip of the drink with an ‘aaaaaah’ at the end.

“M-Master…are you self poisoning?!”

“I sure am.” He laughs happily and motions her to the bottles

“Geez… you’re kidding me.”

Sandra spends the better part of the day studying and taking various pages of datapad notes. Her master simply sits, occasionally taking a drink of the bottles and smiling at her whenever she cares to look his way, sitting in his chair with legs crossed. After the first few hours, Sandra huffs and looks to her Master.

“Master, I would like to try one of these!”

“Is that so? Alright, pick one of the bottles.”

Sandra’s face lights up and she runs up and down the bar, looking for one that is pretty or at least has a name she recognizes or can attempt to guess at. She picks a blue bottle that says “Ocean Tsunami” and holds it up to her Master

“This one~”

He looks on it and smirks, before pouring her a drink and handing her the glass. He does his best to hold in his ready to explode laughter and leans forward to watch Young Sandra’s reaction.

Sandra looks excited and takes in the drink like it was some sort of juice. After a second, her facial expression changes rapidly and she ends up spitting it out aside. The Twilek bends over laughing heavily to the point of tears, slapping his leg.

“MASTER!!! This is abhorrent! H-How could you enjoy such things?! Why is this drink so pretty and yet so disgusting?!”

“Ahhhhhhhahahahahahah~ I’m going to meet the Force today! HAHAHAHA!”

“M-M-Master! C-Cease your mockery!”
Sandra’s face goes red from embarrassment.

“F-Forgihahahahgive me! Ah, I remember my first drink. Your reaction was better! These drinks hahah…These drinks are often attractive so that customers may be tempted to purchase them. It’s a part of a marketing plan that’s worked for times long before even the Jedi existed, and will likely far out do us. I’ll bring you a proper dinner and energy drink while you study.”

“…Yes, Master. It shall be done…”
Sandra pouts quietly as she returns to her studying…

8 Likes

There’s a knock at Darian’s door on Mon Cal apartment. He stands up from the couch and comes to the door to check on the knock. He opens it and Sandra stands with her hands folded politely before her, the signature black skirt, boots, and blazer, but her hair is disturbed. There’s also an exhausted look on her face.

For some reason… he is afraid.

Sandra steps in and places her hands on his chest. He swallows some air as she speaks softly at first…pleading.

“…We need to go, Darian. I’m going to take you somewhere you can be safe. You can life a full life and you can try to be happy. You won’t have to fight anymore! How does that sound? Hurry, pack your things.”

“What do you mean? I’m thinking of joining up with a group tha–”

“No, pack your things. We’re leaving now.”

He takes a step back and shakes his head.

“I can’t go. I have to try and help in the war someway that I ca–”

“No more fighting! You’re not going to die in any war! You’re not going to return to the force, be a body, be a statistic, or a memorial on a wall!”

Sandra steps towards him and he retreats again, holding out a hand.

“No one can live forever! I need to help others live through all of this. Revan is going to take over the galaxy, San–”

“He’ll kill you. One of his people will. I won’t let you die. I WONT LET YOU BE HORRIBLY SLAUGHtERED!”

“S-Sandra…?”

“YOU’RE NOT GOING TO BE A BODY LAYING SOME PLACE ON A DESOLATE PLANET!”

“Sandra?!”

She approaches him and his heart beats faster as he retreats, slowly.

“YOU WILL NOT BE THE REMAINS OF HOPES AND DREAMS BECAUSE YOU DESERVE YOUR OWN!!!”

“Sandra!”

“You won’t be another person that i’ve grown to love that goes off to die! I can’t take it anymore! Let’s leave! If it’s me you want, i’ll go with you! We can run away! I’ll bare your children if that’s what you want. Is it credits? A Job? I can find you a job! I’ll take care of you!”

“S-Sandra, you’re scaring me, stop!”

“Just tell me what you want! What do you need to stop? HOW CAN I GET YOU TO RETIRE AND STOP!? Tell me! It doesn’t matter what it is! I’ll do it! Please! PLEASE!”

"SANDRA LA’CRANA MANA!"

Sandra freezes and realizes Darian is backed against the refrigerator, panting in fear and concern, literally backed to the very corner as he pants rapidly. She hardly realized the desperate and fearful energy she was giving off. With a few steps back, Sandra looks on her shaking hands, then to Darian.

After a long 20 seconds of staring at each other, he steps forward and rests his hands on her shoulders. He wipes away the stream of tears that Sandra didn’t realize that she has on her face.

“…I’m going to fight. I might die, but i’m okay with that! That’s what I WANT. Don’t you get it? It’s the same reason you fight, but you’re suffering because the very very few people you care about are dying now too. It’s going to be okay, you know? Even if they’re gone, the fact that you loved them means enough!”

Sandra lowers her hands in defeat and he slightly motions her to take a step aside to sit in the kitchen chair. She buries her face in her hands.

“What happened, Sandra…?” He asks softly

“Master Keyan, someone who was basically invincible in my mind has passed. He showed me many things and made me feel like a person, despite being a Jedi or not. If there was anyone I might have thought of as a big brother, maybe it would have been Keyan. I can’t imagine the days without him walking up and talking about rump roast, talking about some silly jedi, looking on politics, and just… being alive. Now I have to accept he’s with the force, and that he’s dead, and that i’ll likely never see him again. I can’t take it. I can’t…”

“It’s okay. We all go doing what we want to or die trying. I hate it too. I hate that almost everyone I know or knew is dead. I don’t sleep well at night either. I hate that we have these squishy lives and we throw it for the sake of conquering, destroying others, and taking what we don’t need to really live a prosperous life together. I’m okay dying if it means others can properly live! It’s what you told me a lot too. Are you afraid of losing everyone you care about?”

“Yes…”

“Why?”

“Because, it is often in violent ways, and I can never get to say goodbye…”

“You can tell me now.”

She shakes her head and wimpers as she chokes. He lifts her head and looks in her crying eyes. Sandra blinks some tears away and stares back quietly for a moment before speaking.

“…This is the first time i’ve ever felt ‘lonely’. Despite the force and everything that is, I feel like everyone is already dead. I’m scared. I’m a hypocrite, I know, but i’m so afraid.”

“That doesn’t matter! It doesn’t matter, Sandra. We’ll just die doing what we want anyways. You can’t stop it in the end. So, you have to try and be happy with your life too! We have to make great memories together so that when i’m gone, you wont have regrets, okay?”

“…Darian. You’re all idiots…”

“Maybe, yeah. Being smart isn’t all it’s cut out to be anyways.”

“…Idiot. Absolute fool.”

“Yeah.”

“You’re stuffing for a body bag and…and…”

“I know.”

Sandra lays hear head forward on to his shoulder and give shaky breath as he holds her. They rock in place for a time before he carries the emotionally drained Sandra to bed to rest. Once she’s set down, he walks over to window and lays his head on his arms.

“…I don’t want to die either, you know. I wanted to take your offer, run off, make a family, and fak off of here. I hope you’ll forgive me when I have my turn at death.”

When he’s done whispering to himself, he chokes back some tears and goes to rest beside her.

5 Likes

It was difficult for Sandra to ponder the last few weeks of things. And yet, everything was as she imagined it would be. The only moments of clarity were when she was training Sin’Claire. At least one of her students were ale to learn and study properly without giving into their base desires.

Solomon and Griggs leaving still weighed on her mind though.
In the end… at least she had positive memories.
Maybe that was enough, for now.
Otherwise, she’d have to deal with Solomon later.
Perhaps a silent execution or something simple like an explosion.
But that’s after trying a bit of talking and reasoning, but not many tend to like talking or reasoning unless it fits their conditions.

For now, she would at least go visit Darian. It has been a few weeks since then and she felt a bit awkward about what she did at the last visit. Maybe he’ll listen to her this time around.

Sandra arrives at Darian’s apartment.
She sports a lovely pink spring short flowy dress with low heels and a cute ponytail. Sandra knocks on the door and when Darian opens, he smiles warmly.

“You’re extra pretty today. lI don’t think I did anything to deserve such a sight.”

“Thank you, hehe. I’ve been having a rather terrible few days, so I thought I would at least try to have some fun with dressing up. So ah…here I am.”

“So here you are. Let’s go on a date.”

“I would like so.” Sandra smiles gently

For the day, Sandra decides to just enjoy the moment. They go to a small pop-up amusement park, designed by a traveling troop of Mon Calamari and Humans. Darian does his best to win her various rewards from the prizes, such as throwing ball, fish catching, robe balancing, and more… and generally fails miserably. Sandra giggles and smiles in amusement to his display and efforts though, finding genuine joy in how hard he tries.

They savor the simple things like the rare desserts and treats together, with Sandra often being curious about the exotic things he offers her. Though they all end up being delightful.

There’s a Ferris Wheel type ride, but this one submerges and rotates under water instead of rotating through the air. With his excitement, he leads along the mellow ex-jedi. Once on the ride, they sit side by side. Her hand is taken gently and she blushes a slight at his action. Her head is laid on his shoulder with closed eyes as they enjoy the moment of lovely calm.

At the end of the day, they laugh and converse about more light hearted topics on the walk back to the apartment. Once inside, some hot teas are made and they sit on the couch together. Sandra lays her head on his lap and lays on her side as he strokes her hair.

“Today was rather fun, Darian.”

“Too bad we can do that every day, yeah? Hah! Hey, Sandra…”

“Yes?”

“Move in with me.”

“…Hmm, I ah…why do we not move some place else like Coruscant?”

“Would be a rough commute from Coruscant to Mon Cal to work with Bernie.”

“It’s okay. I would not mind if you were safe on Coruscant, or ah… as safe as that entails. Perhaps we could stay with mother for a few days to get situated.”

“That sounds good. So, does that mean you’ll be my girlfriend now?”

“You had to go and make it weird…”

“Seriously though!”

“I guess this is pretty much a declaration of that.”

“I’ll do my best, Sandra. I love you.”

“I …ah…I feel the same.”

“Close enough, haha!”

He scoops Sandra up and she gives a teenish squeak and giggles. They go off to the room to playfully share a lover’s evening together…

=============================

6 hours later…

Bernie pulls up some records and looks on some odd reading at the docks.
He stands up and hits the security silent alarm. A man runs in and looks on Bernie…

“Get all agents in the area. Get republic soldiers to the docks.”

Bernie gets up and grabs his Beam Cannon. WIth a grunt, he moves out with some agents for the docks.

Bernie arrives at the dock in question and looks around at the fires. It’s a few moments later that Nemesis Neph stands walking through the flames. Several of his agents move to fire on Neph’s disfigured body. Some hookshotting to the side to surround from different angles. All the blasters rain on Neph, but she begins to dodge some of the shots and charges at an agent.

The agent in shock at the rapid speed is knocked aside, and the group stares in awe as the agent is launched several meters into a bulkhead, sliding down in a bloody streak. Bernie gives a few whistles and the team begins a rather exotic movement. They sling around and rain down blaster on the Nemesis. Neph charges another agent, but he slings out of the way with the magnetic hookshot. A left behind grenade blows back Neph into a shipping durasteel box.

Bernie runs around looking for the right position to fire on Neph, and finally has an opening. He fires the Beam Cannon at Neph, but leaps away to slap an Agent out of the air and leave him snapping against a crate.

“…Not good.” Bernie mutters

Sandra’s datapad goes off with a blinking purple light. She groans as she turns in the bed to reach for it and looks on the message. Darian leans over to run a hand through Sandra’s hair. Her eyes widen a bit as she sits up quickly.

“What is it, Sandra?”

“Bernie is in a firefight at the docks. I need to go.”

“Woah! I’m coming with. Bernie is like an older brother to me.”

“But…”

“It’s alright, i’ll be extra careful, and you’ll be there too!”

“O-Okay…ah, let’s do our best then.”

=================================

The pair arrive at the docks to see a bloody massacre.
Over two dozen dead or dying. Sandra gets a rather bad feeling and looks immediately to where Neph is dragging off Bernie. Her eyes widen and she draws her lightsaber immediately. Darian draws his blaster and frowns as he barely recognizes that it’s Neph.

“Nephythra! STOP!” Sandra shouts

Neph slowly looks to Sandra, and there’s a twitch to her face. Bernie is dropped and he grunts after. Neph roars and screams as she darts directly towards Sandra. Darian rolls aside to evade the pain train. Sandra does a massive Force Push, but even though Neph is knocked back, she resumes again even faster. As Sandra lifts her hand again, Neph tackles Sandra out a window of the dock and land on a speeder by the main street. Various people scream and start to run.

*Sandra coughs some blood and groans in utter pain. It’s then she recalls Qyilisc warning her not to fight these alone as they are brought back by Alchemy. It’s then she realizes the kind of trouble she’s in. In a desperate move, she leans over and stabs Neph through the torso, a beam appearing through the speeder’s hood. Neph screams and delivers a massive punch, only barely resisted by her quickly brought up Force Barrier. Sandra is launched several meters through the streets as some speeders are still taking off.

Neph begins walking towards her, shouting with rage and charging. Sandra leaps to a speeder’s open window as the charging entity darts past her. Sandra kicks out the door and comes out the other end, lifting her hands to force throw the speeder at Neph, but she slaps it aside like a toy. Sandra begins to run away down an alleyway, but is chased by a rageful Neph. As she runs through the alleyway, dodging garbage and large bins of durasteel, Neph is slapping through them, crushing the garbage dumps into the walls they are near, and kicking anything aside with a dedicated and one track mind.

As the end of the alley, there’s a shopping district with lots of people. Sandra lifts up a blaster and fires a few times into the air.

“RUN!”

People scream at the sudden blaster fire that goes off and scatter like little mice from an arial view. Sandra darts into a butchery and leaps over the counter. Neph is only a few seconds behind and smashes the counter as she runs through it.

In this room, there’s a quiet as the icy haze of the cold room drifts about. Neph begins slapping some of the hanging meat bodies out of her way. Suddenly various knives and wears collide and stab into Neph’s body as they are thrown by the Force from various directions. Neph roars and charges towards the back wall, blowing it out and scaring the various people who are on the other side.

Neph sees Sandra running towards a bridge where she gives chase, dashing speeders aside and pushing a person or two away with extreme force.

On the bridge, people are running away from Sandra as she fires into the air again, leaving their speeders behind or taking off with them elsewhere. Neph catches up and sandra does a backflip over Neph to evade a massive swipe attack. Neph kicks a speeder into another and collides with Sandra as she tries to run. She groans in pain as she’s knocked back, but rolls to a recovery. Neph dashes over and slaps Sandra off the bridge into the water below…

================================

Sandra wakes up ashore by a water treatment plant a few miles away from her last location. She groans and crawls onto the shore better, and plops on the ground. She could feel the great pain all over from various fractures. Pain wasn’t the issue though. Losing track of Neph was. She takes out a datapad and looks on the cracked screen… and it seems that two hours has passed. Sandra slams her fist into the sand and yelps in pain as her rib doenst play well. So she lays back int he sand and puts about 30 minutes into healing…

================================

Two Hours Earlier

Darian runs over to Bernie and kneels by him.

“Bernie! We gotta get out of here. Can you get up?”

“The bitch fracked my legs, Darian. Bracer and Dekea are still alive. You should go get them medical attention. I have an ambulance on the way, so they can pick us up in a moment. Just keep them stable!”

“Right, boss!”

Darian runs over to the pair and tries to mend up the pair as the ambulance arrives about 8 minutes later. He gets help moving the pair onto the ambulance. The EMT speaks to Darian a moment.

“We have a second ambulance on the way! Keep your guy there stable with me. We’ll wait up for them to arrive.”

“Right, sir. I’m Darian. That’s Bernie. We have to get out of here, quickly!”

“In a moment.”

“No, you don’t understand. This wasn’t just a terrorist attack!”

“It’s okay, don’t panic. Let’s help your guy, Bernie.”

The ambulance arrives and the pair begin to set up the gurney hover lift for Bernie. They get him on the gurney and Bernie gives a heavy shout of pain. This takes a few minutes to do and by the time they are packing Bernie, the ambulance is slapped away by Nemesis Neph. The three look to the entity and all their eyes widen. Neph runs up and runs a hand through the EMP and then slaps Darian into a series of food packagings, head over heels. She grabs Bernie’s coat again and pulls him along like a slab of beef onto a ship that is disguised as a Mon Cal cargo ship and takes off…

4 Likes

Sandra spends over 40 minutes recovering as much as she can before sitting up and putting a hand on her face, long groans as she considers the intense strength and resilience of the Nemesis Neph. Everything happened so quickly that there was barely any time to think of what to do. It was clear that she would not be killed by normal means. Stabs, bleeding out, direct fatal wounds …clearly not the way to go. Regardless, she had to get up and move.

She hot fixes a speeder so she can drive back to the dock that was assaulted. It was clear that they choose a dock near the Consulate. Maybe they expected Bernie or someone of importance to respond. Sometimes getting the jump on someone just means getting them to do what’s expected of them.

Sandra arrives at the dock and several police and security agents are at the port. She runs over and sees several people sitting by an ambulance with several police talking to him. Sandra cloaks and makes her way inside to see the scene of the matter. Once inside the closed off port, she looks around, avoiding the busy crime scene investigators. After watching for 30 minutes… there’s nothing she can use. And Darian is missing also, which has her extremely stressed.

She decides to leave and return to Darian’s apartment.
Sitting on the couch is no release of the absolute stress she’s feeling. She looks on her datapad and begins to re-route the messages she would get from it to another one. Once this is complete, she gets a few messages from Darian’s number. Sandra puts a hand over her mouth…

TEXT:
I’m chasing their ship. Bernie left behind a datapad with a tracking on him. I’m over by Randon! There’s a small base disguised as a local settlement on the outskirts of a city i’m going to ping to you. I’ve met up with some a few Republic Soldiers I know. We’re going to head inside. You have to hurry!

“What, this was just a few minutes ago! It will take me about an hour to get there. He went without me! Gaaah! Bloody idiot!”

Sandra gets up and with some groans of pain, runs to her ship as fast as she could. Once on board, she sets up the nav and hurriedly types into the system.

When you’re a spy, fear is often the enemy of reason and the ability to make rational decisions. Weighing operational risk is tricky when the life of someone you love is on that scale. Jedi and Spies both train to avoid having loved ones that are so close as to avoid operational risks and bad decision making.

The flight to what looks like a ruined outpost on the outskirt of a particular city was certainly uninviting. But on the outside were various guards without uniform. The blasters they had were certainly of Sith design though as changing clothes was a lot easier than changing outfits than it is changing your favored weapons. Regardless, she stalks the place for about an hour and wonders how Darian and his people might have gotten in. There. was no response when she tried to reply to the message he sent, so it was up to her to figure a way in. Raising security would likely be an issue for those inside though, so perhaps a bit of trickery was in order.

Sandra slides down a short cliffside to the top of the ruined base. At the top were two guards on lookout, scanning the horizon for any intruders to come from the obvious frontal and side directions, but not really from right above them. They turn to her and with a hand wave, they begin to shoot each other. Once the pair fall down from their various point blank shots, she awaits for someone to come to attention about the pair and the blaster shots from above. Of course, this takes a few moments to happen. A small group of 5 guards come out and up to attend the wounded, asking questions to the one that lived as the wounded noted that his fellow suddenly started shooting at him. The guards report in a personal conflict to the security, who groans in annoyance.

What they didn’t notice was the Cloaked woman who slipped by them through the door they opened on their way to check on the two injured. Once inside, there wasn’t much of a security, but it was clear that they were renovating this interior rather quickly as to try and set a foothold on the planet. One of the cameras get zapped in order to get maintenance moving around, which is to her advantage since most tend to get out of the way of the people fixing stuff, or generally ignore them unless it’s something dire like a power generator or elevator.

The base was certainly crude and designed in haste, but functional and secure away from the eyes of many. Darting from small spots of unlit sections and through dark hallways were a great benefit to someone who prefers to lurk in the shadows in the first place. And through these halls is an office for maintenance workers. As the two workers leave, she enters and goes through some of their stuff to look for any key cards. Of course, she finds keys instead…freaking keys. They were more modernized, of course, but still, this old base must have been rather particular.

With some curiosity, she moves around the base again, keeping to corners tightly, ducking around crates, and cloaking when rather needed. It in time that she comes to a door with what looks like an odd insertion. As she goes to insert the key, the alarm goes off in the base. She puts the key in faster and turns the mechanism. The durasteel door slides open like any other modern door, in the least. Behind this door is what looks like an odd lab.

Sandra looks around the room to see Bernie laying on a med table with some interrogation materials near by. She runs over and shakes him.

“Bernie! Bernie!”

“…Mana. You came…”

“Of course I did! Darian followed you too, but I dont know where he is. He’s with a small resistance group or something. Maybe in another part of the base.”

“The Sith want what I know. We have to go. Uggh… everything hurts. The interrogator is on his way.”

“Then we’re leaving…”

“You’re coming back for Darian, aren’t you?”

“Yes. I cannot leave him…”

“That bitch is here too. That thing that dragged me off.”

“I know. I have to get to the resistance group before Darian encounters Neph or it won’t end well. There’s not really any place to run if they get cornered.”

“Put me in that hover chair.”

Sandra puts him in the hover chair to push along. The pair take another way other than which she came though. As some guards turn the corner towards her, she extends a hand to slam them all against the wall. She runs by with Bernie on the chair and they keep along, trying to find a route back to the outside, but with not much success. Whatever minor guards try to intercept Sandra are met with a great deal of pain as they are slammed about like toys in the way of a tornado. It’s finally that they manage to make their way to a side exit, but the door is locked.

She tries some of the keys. In the meantime, Bernie draws the blaster from Sandra’s thigh and aims down the hallway with some strain. Two guards turn the corner and Bernie fires on them.

“Better hurry there, Agent.”

“Working on it…”

Bernie winces as a bolt hits the side of his chair. He fires and hits one of the guards with a shot.

“Better idea, switch positions, Mana”

Sandra back into his lap as he turns the chair and draws her lightsaber. She deflects two bolts before standing up and leaving the keys in his lap in a rapid motion. His chair finishes turning to complete the action and he moves to the door, trying the keys and fiddling with the door. The various guards that come begin to pile up with either their dead bodies or unconscious ones. In a moment, the door opens and Bernie laughs.

“Time to go, Agent.”

“The ship is around the corner, cloaked. You remember the ship Kho made for me? Here’s the datapad I use for it. Go on, i’m going to get Darian!”

“You’re nuts to go back there, but bring our boy home, you hear?”

“Understood!”

Bernie fires under Sandra’s arm and hits a guard before leaving the base in his hover chair. In the meantime, Sandra begins to push back into the base, dicing and disarming and throwing enemies about. After a minute of dashing around, she hears Darian shouting orders down one of the halls and runs his way. She runs down the hallway and looks on the surrounded group. Sandra goes to work flanking the soldier and causing them to panic as they see a lightsaber. The flanking of the Sith does quick work of them and she goes to check on the resistance group.

“My name is Sandra. Are you all alright?”

“We’re fine, Miss. We’re a bit banged up and have some injured. Do you know the way out of here?”

“Yes. I’ll lead you out.”

Darian speaks now

“Did you get Bernie out?”

“Yes, I got Bernie out a few minutes ago. I came back for you and the resistance group you partnered up with. We have to get out of here before Neph finds us.”

“Sounds good to me. Everyone, lets get out of here!” Darian tells them.

As they move to head back the way Sandra came, they see Neph down the hallway, walking slowly towards them. Sandra shouts back at them.

“We’re taking the other way around! Run!”

The group moves the other hallway through and begin running. Sandra leads and deflects blasters, cuts down enemies quickly, and pushes obstacles aside for the crew to follow. After a few minutes of running about, they return to the lab where Sandra found Bernie. There’s a roar down the hall they came from and the group looks at each other in worry.

“Sandra, we can’t outrun that monstrosity. We have to stay and fight it!”

“Are you insane? Do you have a deathwish, Darian! Neph is a bloody beast and little can stop her.”

“There’s some medical equipment here. Let’s take a moment to set up some surprises. I have some charges on me too. Can you get that electrical machine going, Sandy?”

“Fine!”

The resistance speak up
“We’ll go lock the door and set up firing lines for when she comes in!”

“Thank you… forgive me for putting you in this situation.”

“It’s alright, miss. It’s what we’re here to do. To fight and die for our planet!”

Sandra frowns at this ideal and looks down a moment, considering that everyone here is willing to die so that others might live. It pissed her off, and yet, there was nothing she could really do to stop them all. She darts to the electrical machine and looks on some parts and gets to work.

Putting an electrical transformer between you and your enemy will help make sure there won’t be a fire-fight. All it takes is one blast to disrupt the sensitive electronics and create an explosive power surge. Of course, some times an explosive power surge is exactly what you need.

A loud series of banging is heard against the durasteel door. It bends and contorts after each hit, pressing the group to rush and finish their preparations. It’s only that they are barely set before the door is ripped aside like foil. Neph strains to open the door and screams inside the open hole that’s made. The resistance shake nervously and even Sandra is unnerved to some degree at seeing Neph’s disfigured face and body. Finally, she breaks through and the group fires on the electrical device, causing it to erupt into an electrical storm that makes the lights in the room blink. Neph screams as half her body is blackened. Then several explosions goes off once she begins to charge at them, a trap by Darian. Neph is left with several parts of her…in an unpleasant and graphic situation. But intact enough that her arms and legs still work. Her half missing face looks to the group and they begin to open fire.

Neph throws a few tables at the resistance group and they scatter a bit before shooting again. Sandra force pushes Neph against a wall, but she gets up again and charges at her. Sandra rolls aside and swings her lightsaber at Neph, missing as Neph leaps aside. Neph grabs a surgery table and throws it at Sandra. The table is cut in half but a second table thrown slams into Sandra, launching her a few meters back. The resistance shoots off Neph’s left arm and there’s a roar, then a massive scream that unleashes at the group, throwing them around like toys.

Sandra throws a chair against Neph, who looks to Sandra

“Corbin tried to save you, Neph. I tried to understand you as my rival. All you did was delve so deeply into your anger and rage that you’ve avoided resolving it, but instead killing and destroying others as a means to displace it! You never thought to look into yourself, have you! And yet, I am just talking to a walking doll. I’m sorry nothing could have been done for you! I’m sorry that the Sith did this to you! I’m sorry…”

Neph roars before letting out another full charge. She does various swipes at Sandra, but she evades, for now, barely able to poke back at her body with the saber, but of course, this does nothing to stop the Nemesis. As much as it pained her, it seemed like she would have to try and take the head off, but she was so fast. Sandra steps back on a panel that’s loose and her eyes widens before she takes a slap to her side and launched into some steel lockers.

Darian regain himself and fires on Neph before she can dash at Sandra again. She looks to Darian and begins to charge at him. He dives over a table before Neph strikes him, bending the metal on the floor where he stood a moment ago. She throws a resistance member at Darian and they both slide to a stop against a wall. She walks over and picks Darian up. He chuckles and coughs out some blood from his mouth onto Neph. Sandra groans as she stands and looks to Neph holding Darian.

“No! Don’t do it! Please!”

Lunar 2 - Heart Shaped Tears

Neph drives a hand through Darian and drops him on the ground. Sandra stands, but time all around her is slowed as she watches him ever so gently hit the floor. Her mind, in an instant, goes through a hundred flashbacks. In this moment, everything inside Sandra is released. So much anger and hate and rage and…

A hand appears on her shoulder. In this instant, she pauses and looks over her shoulder. Her master… her beloved Twilek master stands behind her. He smiles so lovingly and warmly…

“My Padawan… fret not. Look at you, so grown and wonderful. No more pigtails either, ha.”

“Master… Master… I… How?”

“Death is not the end, Padawan. I left you so that you may live, and only to have inflicted another would upon you. Forgive me. You never got to say goodbye, and accept our parting. To stand together and realize each other fulfilled in a way that Knighting you personally would have done.”

“Y-You never did anything wrong. I wasn’t strong enough to follow you. I couldn’t tell you everything that I wanted to…”

“It is alright, Padawan. One last time, together. I was sent for one last time…for you. You’ve always relied on the Force to starve off your deep deep loneliness, but now I am here.”

“Master, all I wanted to tell you was that you were my father and that I loved you so much. That you are my hero and that everything i’ve tried to do has been because of what you gave me. But I twisted it… I broke it with darkness and disdain and with what Artemis gave me.”

“No, Padawan… you are here. You are not broken nor twisted, only afraid. I left you with your fear when I put you on that ship. I left you with so much, and yet so little.”

“Master, No… I…”

“Let me fulfill my duty to the Force, Padawan. Stand…with me. Together. With the Force.”

The black and white scene that is displayed is quiet. As Sandra holds up her lightsaber in this scene, another hand reaches over and holds hers. Her master holding the hilt of the saber together with her. Sandra’s voice shakes as they both hold it forward. Tears run down her face as they both look on the slowly approaching Neph. The blood of Darian running over the floor.

Sandra and her Master take a breath together and there is…peace. They lift the hilt towards the now faster moving Neph. Sandra flash backs to the moments of Artemis, Neph, Valerius, Keyan, Nulaa, Varrac, Althea, her Master, her childhood and finally… to the faces that have tried to make her see the light. The faces of those who tried to get past her curtain of darkness to be her friend. They wanted to die for tomorrow, because… maybe their being dead doesn’t mean that they are all truly gone. The pain and loss is because she cared so much, and she remembered when her master would put his hand on her shoulder and say that everything is alright. The force around them swirling in a glorious waves against reality. The pain meant she was alive and that she could truly never be alone. And with one last breath, her master whispers to her.

"There must always be a Dusk, before the Dawn."

And a Silver beam erupts from her lightsaber, the cold figure in the Cyan Crystal fades away, and all that is left is her truth. The hard earned Autonomy coming to fruition. Her realization that the Dawn could be so beautiful, but that Dawn would come because she was there to look upon the night so that it would come.

Neph slowly begins to dash, and as the Master and Padawan lean low… they vanish in a silver streak of light through Neph and stand before the fallen Darian. Neph’s body falls with the head following soon after. Sandra lets a soft breath and looks to her Black n White master one more time…

“Goodbye, my student. The greatest achievement of my lifetime and my promise for a future of peace. Remember that i’ll always be with you.”

“Goodbye, Master. Goodbye…”

He smiles energetically and when Sandra blinks, reality is played to normal and everything has color again. She turns to Darian and slides to his side as she runs up. Sandra turns him over and holds him, trying to put a hand over the wound and healing… though far too severe for her.

“Darian, please, no. Don’t die okay? Please!”

“Sandra…it’s okay… it’s…can… can I hear it just…once?”

“I love you, Darian! I love you so much, so you have to live! We’ll go and be together and we can see my family together and…and…”

“…Sounds… like… a perfect life. I love you, Sandra…”

“You’ll be okay! You’ll be okay! You’ll… live. We’ll get married and have children and do anything you want! I’ll retire and we…”

“…Yeah, that’s… marry…me. We’ll be… haa…”

“Darian…?”

“…”

“Darian. Darian. Darian! N-No… please…don’t go.”

“…”

“DARIAN!”

The resistance that are conscious get up and begin to pull Sandra and Darian’s body towards the exit. Blasters going off in the background that she hardly noticed as they were making their way out. It’s not until they exit and Bernie pulls up with the ship to pick up the crew. It’s then that they take off, darting into the skies.

The next hour is a blur. All she can do is hold onto Darian’s body on the ship and lay her head on his chest in hoping that somehow a heartbeat would return. But it was not to be. Bernie hovers over and looks on the pair, his heart utterly heavy with the burdens of a spymaster. Even after all he’s seen, after all he’s been through, Bernie sheds a few tears for Darian. After a few minutes, he pulls Sandra up to look at him. She swallows some air and he just shakes his head. She cries out and screams…

=========================

A few days later…

Bernie and Sandra stand at Darian’s grave on a site on Mon Calamari. The night slowly turning into day. Bernie turns from the site, and gives Sandra an arm pat before walking back to the black limo. Sandra sets some flowers that she held in her hands, slowly onto the grave. She runs a hand in her hair and sighs so sadly.

When a spy is killed on the field, there are rarely anyone who mourns their death. Most spies don’t have families, close friends, or deep connections that warrant seeking out loved ones. Mourning the death of someone you deeply knew is complicated enough when the spy was a trusted colleague or friend; but it’s even more difficult when it was someone you loved.

“At least, I got to tell you how I feel in the end, and you were happy. I love you Darian… I love you so much. I am sorry that I didn’t say it earlier, but I was so afraid. I was so …afraid. Where ever you are now, Darian… I hope you can rest now. I hope that you are given a place in the galaxy that puts you at such peace that you’ll never have to think of the pains of reality again. I’ll bring the peace you wanted, Darian. Thank you for being my friend.”

Sandra looks as the Dawn begins to grow in the sky… the bright colors and energy filling the surroundings. She turns and walks towards the limo where she enters and looks on Bernie with wet eyes. He looks to her and nods once.

“…We have work to do, agent.”

“Understood.”

“For now, take some rest. I’ll call you in a few days.”

Sandra nods and the limo takes off. She looks out the window at the grave one more time before it fills with he sight of the Dawn and green hills. She takes the lightsaber from her bag and sighs gently…

“Master…”

As the camera moves away, the limo speeds off into the city, and the hills are filled with a brightness that promises to rise again and again…for as long as it will be.

Season End

Ending Song

5 Likes