Sandra Mana: Family Matters

MOOD MUSIC: Dino Crisis: Save Room

The skies on Mon Calamari are clear and crystal as the weather is perfect today. The ships are fewer and let the clouds of the environment really stand out. Many people wander the dock hotel that many seem to use. The busy adventurers, heroes, soldiers, and more are the moving variants that make the place livelier. But the day has it’s odd moments to come.

Sandra gets out of the shower of the hotel room and dries her hair by ruffling the towel through the various strands. The light blue towel clings to her slender form that it may well not exist at all. The datapad plays the latest news about various events such as Mon Cal blasting sith ships from the space, various heroic actions, and other notes such as the weather and sports.

She sits on a chair and crosses her pale legs gently and runs a hand along them. Massaging and rubbing some of the strain from the last day’s training from her muscles. It’s a few moments later that she gets dressed. This is her signature little black skirt, thigh highs, and black blazer with a midcut shirt of white. A little choker is wrapped around her neck. She looks in the mirror and smiles faintly at the woman before her. It was only a short while ago that she barely recognized who looked back at her. It was just a while ago that the reflection bore the black outfit of her old Master and it was herself that bore the blade of blood that drank from the deemed evils of the galaxy. Alas, now the one that stared back was this beauty of curious means. Just… a Redhead.

The datapad rings…

Ring

Ring

Ring…

There’s a mysterious message…

Dear Sandra,

Please meet me by the Fountain at Coruscant’s Sector gate. The one 6 miles away from the Jedi Temple due South. There’s something I need to show you.

Sincerely,
D

“What does this mean? I don’t recall any tasks on Coruscant. May well meet then. If it’s important then maybe i’ll learn something, otherwise… I’ll likely get shot at again. So much for taking a walk through the malls today and resting.”

She starts up the ship and within a few moments, is off to the mega city…

===============================

The sprawling city scape that is Coruscant is always… a view. The place that she’s asked to meet at is a rather lovely one that not many people frequent. It was a fairly wise choice for a shady meet. There were better ones though, so this may not likely be a hostile one. Regardless, she makes her way from the dock and walks the 6 miles fairly peacefully. Keeping an eye out on people near by for the usual suspicious activities if any.

*The fountain is a lively scape in the middle of this quieter section of the city. At least…quieter as one can expect from Coruscant. Sandra wanders the area, looking for a suspicious person. This goes on for about an hour before leaning on a silver pillar in the shade. A hand runs through her fiery hair as she looks on some speeders go by in the sky.

Sandra feels a presence approach her and the person reaches to pull something. She rapidly turns and nearly draws her blaster to be met with… Roses? A deadly weapon, indeed.

“Sandra. Sorry I didn’t call. I just got out a few days ago.”
Darian smiles gently to the surprised woman.

“D-Darian? What?” She throws a punch into his chest
“I was bloody worried and you were out for DAYS? I swear i’m going to drown you in this fountain and make sure it processes you as waste so that yo—”

Darian drops the flowers and puts Sandra against the silver pillar and looks her deeply in her emerald eyes. She gasps a slight, but he whispers

“…Hurt me then. Maim me. Scold me. Punish me. I deserve it all, but i’ll fight death to come back to you Sandra Mana.”

“…You don’t know what you’re talking about. I wasn’t that concerned. People die on missions. It’s up to us to let go and get on.”

“That’s what we’re suppose to say. You don’t mean that.”

“You should know! It’s what we’re suppose to do! I’m glad you’re okay, but I don’t have…anything to give you.”

Sandra looks away from him.

“I don’t need anything from you. I just need to know that those tears I saw when I was fading away were real.”

“Shut up…”

“Tell me. What were those? Why did you cry? Why did you ask me to live!”

“Shut up.”

“Why can’t we be together despite our chemistry? Look at me, Sandra! LOOK AT ME!”

“I CAN’T TELL YOU!” She shouts suddenly as her shoulders shake a little
“I can’t …tell you, Darian…”

“Why? Why can’t we be honest with each other?”

“Because we’re spies! We’re meant to not have anything for ourselves…”

“But you found something, so you’re trying to keep it safe.”

“It’s none of your business…”

“We can have a chance at a normal life. A life away from politics, the intensities of the Jedi, the ravages of the Sith. We don’t have to keep it so close anymore. You’re not a Jedi anymore and I don’t have to be an agent. We have safe choices now!”

“…I can’t just walk away so simply.”

“You don’t have to, but we can look at it, right? What are you keeping so dear that you can’t even tell ‘me’, huh? What is so sacred that you’d lie even to me?”

“…Look at me… please.”

“…”

“Sandra…”

“…”

“Sandra La’Crana Mana!”

She looks to him sharply and sucks in some air as if to blow him away. They stare at each other face to face as the weight of the moment weighs down on them. The building up of the past, the promises of the present, and the possibilities of the future swirl around them with the intensity of a hurricane. The piercing emerald gaze collides with his soft, but determined eyes, looking to find the truth.

“Can you even say my name with honest intent, Sandra? After all these years, after all we’ve survived? Can you not find a moment of this to just…let me in?”

“…You’ll die.”

“I’m invincible when i’m with you.”

“You don’t know ANYTHING! None of you understand what I have promised to do and what I need to sacrifice to make it so! Playing at being my friend, at being my partner, but that’s okay if it means you can have me, right?”

“I am your friend! Ever since we met on that ship!”

“That’s not ME anymore! I’m nothing like what that person is now!”

“You’re lying again! You still have those eyes that look on people with tolerance and mercy despite what you’re capable of doing! I know you. You’re a wonderful woman!”

Sandra shoves him away and she huffs and puffs. They both share this moment of frustration, but he continues to pressure her through spy tactics.

“I bet it hurts to hear how wonderful you are. To know what you’ve done and still have people think you’re a darling, right?”

“SHUT UP! Say another word and I wi—”

“What will you do, HUH? WHAT WILL YOU DO?”

Sandra takes a step into his face when suddenly there’s a elderly woman approaching. A redhead older woman jogs up, dressed in a noble’s robes and waves cheerfully.

“Marie, there you are! It’s been almost two years since we last met here!”

Darian and Sandra pause their frustration filed duel to look at each other then to the lady. The woman tilts her head a slight at their confusion.

“Marie? You’re not coming over for dinner like you promised? We’ll only be in city for the month. Come on, Marie. No need to be so bashful. You can bring your boyfriend too!”

“Madame… I am not Marie. My name is Sandra. Forgive the confusion, miss.”

The woman pauses and considers the woman before her. She takes out a datapad and looks up various members of her family, looking on Marie and then her daughters. They are spitting images of Sandra in so many ways that she’s driven to absolute confusion. Sandra looks to Darian who looks to her with a raised brow, now even him taken in by the confusion. The woman considers something that she never could have imagined in her lifetime.

“…You’re …Sandra? They took you to be a Jedi.”

Sandra’s world collapses around her like glass shattering and just the woman and Sandra are left standing in a grey room as her stomach begins to turn. Her palms become sweaty and she doesn’t hear Darian calling her name a few times until he shakes her. She shakes her head and looks to him before looking back to the woman.

“Sandra…?”

“…M-Mo- …Mother?”

End Part 1

4 Likes

Sandra’s ‘Mother’ invites Darian and Sandra to Dinner. But Darian denies for now and with some tensions between Sandra and him, part ways. Sandra follows her mother back to the penthouse rooms of the city sky scraper. Nobles to like to look down on the people after all.

While there, mother shows her around the place. It’s nice, of course. A room for each daughter and a marital room for the pair. There was an odd air about the place though, a tension. There were family pictures on the wall, but not all of them seemed to give off a warm family vibe that Sandra had expected. Or maybe was hoping for. It didn’t matter anyways.

Her mother had dinner prepared by the tower chefs and brought up. She talked about a lot of nonsense that Sandra couldn’t really relate to, but at least understood. Things about looking well for the other families, how the family maintained their status through father’s work, and how the ‘sisters’ were to marry into various other families. It was all nothing new. Nothing really unexpected. Nothing out of any ordinary that could be noted. Except…

Mother Laurie finishes a bite and speaks
“Sandra, dear. Thank you for listening to my ranting and ramblings of an old woman. You are as sharp as I could ever hope for. Your sisters on the other hand aren’t that sharp when it comes to all this business. Your father, RIchard, is having a hard time though. If he loses his promotion to that god awful Laurence then we might have to, dear me, cut back.”

“What is the matter with …Richard?”

“He’s getting old. The young bloods are running for his position, but we really need this. Maybe you have some connections that can help us out? Could you visit your father and find out what you can do to help a little? I know i’m asking a lot, but it would really help.”

“Could you not assist Richard in some way?”

“No no, dear. I am the lady of the house. I leave the works and matters to the rest of the family.”

“I ah… will think about it, Laurie. Listen, um… it’s been a really pleasant time, but I should be leaving. I have much to attend to in the coming days.”

“Do come again, dear, and do consider the proposition with your father. Don’t be a stranger, dear.”

Sandra gives and elegant curtsy to her mother being impressed and then parts.

====================================

Sandra walks down the Boardwalk of the city, it being oddly quiet around the park. She just walks around a single fountain a few times, pondering the day as the night only gives way to the klacking of her thigh high’s heels on the sidewalk. She fiddles with the rings on her fingers as she ponders more deeply, but decides to just…stop and goes to sit by the rim of the fountain instead.

Bernie sends Sandra a message to come into the Consulate for a bit to chat. Sandra runs a hand in her hair and blows some hair aside. It’s not more than a few hours to get to Mon Cal on the right Hyperspace Lane and with Kho’s genius designs of a Hyperspace Engine for her small ship. He always knew what she liked in her various designs.

=====================================

Once on Mon Cal, she lands near the Consulate and walks over to Bernie’s office. She walks in and various innocent men look to the splendor that is a skirt bearing woman. Sandra gives a knock on the sliding door frame.

“Ah, good ol Sandra. Just the person I need to see. How much have you been keeping up with the news lately? Seen some of the maneuvers from the Republic and Sith?”

“Not so much. It is hard to get around without being a Jedi or Republic Officer.”

“Let me clue you in. There was a battle on a hyperspace lane headed Viscara’s way. Now, while that’s not the most unique thing in the galaxy right, what is that it was a Sith scouting party. Now, you don’t have to be a complete genius to figure out what comes next.”

“Sith are…going to be moving that direction? Why?”

“You tell me. You frequent that area. What do you got for me, Mana?”

“Well, there’s a Force Nexus on Viscara. There’s also the hyperspace lanes that go from Tatooine to Viscara through Kashyyyk and then it’s just a massive lane there. Do you think they will really hit a whole lane? That sounds nearly suicidal.”

“Hear me out. That’s not my usual sector, but some of the higher ups in the Repub crew think an invasion is coming towards Viscara’s way. I’ll send you to a fellow I know over there. Pick out a team and then do what he says. A little spying goes a long way. We also have to contend with the Sith on our doorstep too. There’s a lot to do.”

“Understood.”

“Good. You look doll’d up today. Went on a date?”

“No. It was just for me. I got to see Darian after his waking.”

“I assume you gave him a boot for not telling you for two weeks.”

“…Something like that…”

“You’re all at that age where you have time to think on all that stuff. Sex, spice, and new wave metal. But does it really matter in the end? You’re all about that legacy stuff like I am.”

“Do you… have any advice?”

“You’re a damn near perfect Agent, Sandra. You and I are pretty similar aside from your Jedi Magic. You’re just better at it because i’m old now! A lot of agents have families. Are they happy? Maybe more than most. Are they ideal? Not really, but here they are. Do they live longer? Not usually, but they try harder. It’s all about balancing your life, Sandra. You and I don’t have those luxuries because we know the cost of them. We know the statistics. We know the results of distractions. We find happiness in the work and the results, not because it is happiness in itself.”

“You almost sound like a Jedi, sir.”

“Maybe visiting your temples is rubbing off on me. If you’re around Coruscant again, I got another teaching gig open for you. Some of those students you lectured to entered my unique course. They could do with another voice of reason. Sound good, Mana?”

“Yes, sir. It was… kind of fun last time.”

“Good, lass! I’ll keep you posted. Go on and get outta here. Old man’s got to work.”

“Yes, sir. Force be with you.”

Sandra exits the building and looks around at all the suits and skirts of the professional people. She notes several factors about each one, but sighs to herself. Two more tasks on her board.

=======================================

Back on Viscara, Sandra gets advice from Initiate Iskellia on the family matters. It was a long, but honest conversation that granted a lot of insight. Iskellia really came from a family that was complicated and it was saddening to hear so. But she wondered if her own mother would be like Iskellia’s or like one of the other trouble parents she had heard about. It was a lot to consider. It’s clear that her own mother was using Sandra to keep the nobility thing going. This wasn’t something Sandra really cared about, but maybe hearing them out might be worth so.

A day or so later, she coaches Initiate Corbin through another sequence. He has a knack for things, but the way that he phrases things makes her concerned. His ability to learn is fairly quick, but the way that he measures himself reminds her of someone. It’s more so that his skills are low as an initiate, but among the initiates, he’s pretty good. He couldn’t out do Q in combat since he’s trained by Althea personally. He knows how to rework his words and presentation, but she knows what he’s doing. The way he watches and digs with a curiosity beyond his capability easily lets her read his will. For now… she would watch, but It’s not hard to imagine things he is exploring.

Initiate Q has come a long way. Seeing him respond to the weight of moments where slicing things apart would be far simpler was insightful. He’s still a fairly paranoid mess, but he’s starting to feel and behave like a Jedi in many ways. It’s not hard to imagine that he’s ready for a Padawanship. It’s all just waiting for a Master, the main issue of students today.

Finally there was Callista. It was all about love. Within that narrative, it was also about sticking it to the system. It might have sub consciously been a way for them to cope with the events of those times. Sandra had just finished dealing with Artemis and Callista was conflicted about several things. Now… having gone through the mess with Ira and the Jedi, here they stood, having tricked everyone. And maybe it would have all gone so well if it wasn’t for Beryn. Master Beryn, who reminder her of a classical method and honesty that she hadn’t had with herself for a while. Building a Knight that would carry on a legacy outside of Lies and Deceit. It’s something she had wanted to build for herself and there he was…showing her the way in his methods. There was a deep guilt inside herself. A deep guilt that edged on her morals and ideals. Then there was the fact that now she would have a Padawan eventually and she’d have to lie to that person. Then they would have to lie to another and then another. It would seed out like a virus in time. Sandra was… tired of having to defend lies. And then with Sandra coaching students within range of that… their discovering her feelings would be troublesome as Callista already had a record now with the Jedi. In the end… Sandra’s decisions were selfish and greedy. It’s unwell to do such things with Jedi knowing what she herself had to manage. There’s a lot to consider…

Sith. Their possible push for this sector is fairly frightening. There’s so much that needs to be considered and planned and her own mind is swirling with so much that it’s difficult. The notions of Autonomy and self advancement looms on her mind, but the path to happiness is paved with the pains of reality. Each step is something to sacrifice for the sake of duty, and that chips away at the floorboards of joy.

=====================================

Sandra walks around the streets of Viscara and sits down by the HotDog stand. The people come and go like the winds. Refugees, Homeless, Czerka guards, corporate workers, mercs, and more. It was a pool of life that revolved around the nexus here. Around the corporate build that the colony has become. Everywhere was a disturbance in the Force. Everywhere was a calling for help, action, study, and sacrifice.

Everything was a weakening to her training regiment also. There was no one to teach her or support her in personal practice. Finding time to push her own artes had to come to fruition also. Working on the Force Cloak, pressing Saber artes, Force understanding, and various skills was not a simple thing that just came. All these things are needed to complete herself so that she could remain functional and sharp. While she didn’t see herself completely as a weapon, she knows that she’s still a blade that needs to pierce at exact moments.

Her thoughts wander a little longer and she returns to her ship where she decides on a shower. It lasts a fair bit longer than she imagined. Standing with her eyes closed and looking upwards…the water rushing down her fit and slender form. All of these things spinning in her head at various times was actually very stressful.
After this shower, she dries up and throws on a long shirt. She walks through the ship, locking down everything as she always does and heads to bed. Meditation was likely a better idea tonight, but there was something about just wanting to lay down. The blaster lays next to her on a bedstand and awaits the morning where she wake up suddenly and aims it at nothing in a cold sweat. Sandra massages her white bare legs, pressing on the muscles at certain points to relax. Being restless was troublesome at times. Finally, with a sigh, she just drops backwards and looks on the ceiling of the ship. Eventually, the lights auto out… and the blackness and comfort of being hidden in the dark comes to her.

5 Likes

Sandra lays on a bed in Mon Calamari reading a datapad lodged with an insane amount of information for her next job. Studying is something that used to be difficult, not because it was difficult, because she used to feel that there was so much more that she could do with her time otherwise. She had a few datapads here this evening. One for helping Bernie with his class, one for the mission, and one for other matters. The snacking of the pads made her remember her time in the Jedi Archives…

===================================

2 Years Ago

Sandra sits in the Jedi Archives and looks on a large stack of things to read that Artemis had left her. She sighs heavily and takes a look at the first item’s title, then the next and the next. They were all about various moments in history, a dozen technical skills, Force Academics, and more. One could easily put two or three days into reading.

“As my Padawan, you’re going to spend days of your life in the Archives. You won’t ever be without knowledge, and you’ll have use outside of skill alone.”

Blowing some hair aside, Sandra begins reading. She holds a separate datapad for taking notes and thoughts on various subjects. As the hours pass… the height of the holovids, holocrons, and datapads shrink. The amount of words taken into her soul were an extreme amount and there was little she could really do about it. She was chosen to be her legacy after all. One in a million… so onwards.

Pacing and walking around the archives, reading, sitting by the fountain, laying on desks, laying under desks, sitting on the cold floor, and all the ways she could move were part of her setting for reading. This wouldn’t be the first or last time she’d have to do this. For a Spy, knowledge is the difference between decision making, death, and success.

A lot of agents don’t get a formal education as intense as the Jedi do. Jedi are given the best of what the galaxy has to offer, it’s what makes them so useful outside of war situations. Diplomacy, understanding, raw knowledge, and then compound this with things like telepathy, emotional mastery, and Force powers… and you are left with a person that looks like a superhero to most people. And Sandra would have to be as super as possible for the things to come.

So she sits there and reads for this few days until the next round a few days later…

===================================

Sandra lays with her legs hanging off the bed, several completed datapads next to her. The hours had gone by quickly and, with the last one complete and notes taken, closes her eyes to sleep on it. But a call an hour later comes up and groans answering the call.

“…Hello…”

“Hello, Sandra, Dear? This is Laurie. Your father has a meeting today with his boss and I was hoping that you would visit him for support. He’s suppose to see if he gets the job today, so would you be a dear and visit this evening?”

“…Why would I need to visit him for a meeting with his own boss?”

“Just um… would you try to see and encourage that the job is given to him?”

“That sounds illegal…”

“It is absolutely not! Just… maybe someone with some conversational skills would really help.”

“Fine… Fine i’ll go see. But that’s all I can promise.”

“Thank you, dear! Rest well! Ta-ta!”

Sandra sights

5 Likes