Sandra Mana: First Love, Last Shot

There aren’t many rules in the spy trade. There are a few “agreements” that most intelligence agencies honor though. Low-level agents get traded, not prosecuted. You don’t shoot foreign operatives if you can avoid it. And you stay away from embassies and consulates. Most of the people who work in a consulate are just municipal drones enjoying an overseas post. But the head of security that guy’s almost always a spy.

Sandra wanders the evening event at the Consulate on Mon Cal and is wearing a fine long black dress. She holds a wine glass with white sparkling wine and her fiery hair certainly stands out. In such an event, spies tend to not bother being out of place because everyone has a reputation with everyone. It’s like a family reunion where everyone has something on everyone else and are only being polite for the sake of it.

An agent with soft black hair, green eyes, a gentle musk, and red wine glass walks up to her and nods politely.

“Miss Mana, what brings you to one of these occasions. Some word around the ‘profession’ has you doing solo work lately. How is that going for you?”

“Hello, Bernie. It’s nice to see you again. It was nice to have some chances to work with you while I was in the Order. I suppose solo work has been okay, but you know how it’s like without the unlimited backing.”

“No problem, Red. That what brings you here today? Looking for a sponsor or some ‘allies’?”

“A lady has to have some contacts, no? It’s nice that I found you though. Looking for a team mate?”

“Team mate? Red, I never thought i’d hear that from you, of all people.”

“Things change.”

“That they do. I’m not a field agent anymore. I’m in command now.”

“Wow…that is a big change. Pushing papers and agents now?” sips some wine

“That’s so, Miss Red. But, I have a guy I recruited recently and I think it would do us well to meet with him together. Never know when he could use a gal pal like you.”

“I suppose it would not hurt. Shall we…?” Sandra takes Bernie’s arm

==========================

MOOD MUSIC: PSO - Rose Confessions

In the intelligence world anyone who isn’t actively your enemy is a potential friend. Spies can’t afford any grudges. In a pinch you have to be willing to turn to anyone for help no matter how complicated your history is.

Sandra and Bernie walk around the dance floor and make their way to a series of tables with fancy napkins and plates of food. There is one table with a Blonde fellow with a great tuxedo on and with some shrimp on his plate before him.

They come over and Bernie lets her hand go elegantly.

“Darian! I have someone here I would like you to meet.”

“I hope you haven’t brought me a big fat ag–”

Sandra offers her hand to the fellow when he rises and she smiles beautifully. His eyes widen at Sandra, but not for the sheer beauty that she oozes or the commanding presence, but… from a flashback.

He offers a shaky hand and when his touches Sandra’s her own eyes widen and she freezes for a moment. They stare at each other and the galaxy pauses for a year. Their eyes meet and minds stunned with the absolute 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance of their possible reunion.

“…Sandra?”

“Darian?!”

“Ah, you two know each other? What a small galaxy we live in! Ain’t that so, Darian? Glad that you two already know each other. We can kick off our relationship with smoothe drinks and fine foods for the evening.”

They continue to stare at each other and it is Darian who pulls away quick like and stutters to speak up to Sandra.

“H-Hi…”

“Um…hello, Darian. It’s… been a while.”

“Yeah… yeah it’s been, what…5 years or so? You were a little Padawan then with that Master, right?” He peeks away a bit.

“Mm… y-yes. Something like that…” Sandra notes softly and peeks away.

They all sit at the table…

There are few things that spies like and one of those things are surprises, much less surprises from the past. And even less someone you thought was dead. Even LESS that the person you must met was someone you had your first romantic feelings for…

4 Likes

Darian, Sandra, and Bernie chat about some missions and about the war. The various events and post-duskhaven events on Viscara. There are some laughs, some jokes, but all is in good fun as befitting a lavished event. In this time, Darian stands up and offers a hand to Sandra…

“I would be honored if the lady would have a dance with me.”

“Hmm…very well.”

MOOD MUSIC: FF8 - Fragments of Memory

They dance slowly on the central floor among other guests. They gaze at each other softly and he breaks the few minutes of silence.

“Sandra…”

“Yes, Darian?”

“How did you end up where you are now? Here? Since when were you an agent? I thought you died in the Mandolorian War.”

“For a few years now, actually. I’m pretty good at it. It’s really been most of my adult life. I can’t say that it’s all been well, but i’m glad for what i’ve learned, all in all. The Master that you knew… he died. I was sent back before so and I had wandered for some years with the Order. What about you? I thought you were dead?”

“I ended up in a few battles, but I got pretty good at the sneaking around and slicing thing. Turns out I have a knack for the trade and I got picked up a year and a half ago. I lost everything in the battle fields, even your number and such. It’s why I lost contact with you, but I never knew how to find you again. I …Missed you.”

Sandra blushes and looks away.
“…Is…that so?”

“Of course! I can honestly say, you are the first woman I have ever loved, Sandra.”

She swallows some air and looks back up at him.

“R-Really…? I …ah, well… I missed you also, Darian. There’s so much that was going on in my life that I couldn’t do anything to seek you out either.”

“Let’s start over, alright? As friends. Like how we did when we first met. Can we be friends? Is that a thing an agent should ask for?” He laughs

“Oh um… it’s not a great thing to do. I…would advise against it.”

“Your advice is noted. 9811-1993-1000. That’s my comm number.”

“…Darian. I don’t thin-”

“You don’t have to call me. We’re work buddies now, alright? Bernie is going to hook us up with a job.”

“How do you know, Darian?”

“Because he’d never introduce me to someone unless we were going to work together. Can you believe it? We’ll be working together! I’m rather excited to have a chance to work with Diana.”

“…Yeah. I …will do my best. I’m going through a lot right now. Extremist on Viscara, working on several cartels, looking to keep working life, and helping someone as an informant. It’s a lot of work in bites.”

“You were always the busy body, even as a tiny Jedi. How is that life going?”

“I’m not a Jedi anymore…”

“Really?! Woah. So does that mean you’re a freelance agent then?”

“Yes, it is so.”

“I hope you didn’t take it badly, but if it was bad, i hope you gave em hell.”

“I guess I miss it sometimes. Anyways, wha-”

Sandra is taken into a spin, pushed outward, then pulled back inwards and dipped deeply. Her face goes beat red as she looks up at the sparkling eyes of affection on her. She swallows some air and he pulls her back up, the song’s end.

“I need to leave, but thank you for the dance, Sandra. I look forward to the job.”

“Y-Yes… I will see you soon, Darian.”

Darian gives her gloved hand a gentle kiss and a bow before heading into the crowd. Sandra shakes her head quick like and fans her face before going to tend Bernie at the dinner table.

“What did you think of my new guy, Red?”

“Charming.”

“Right? Can talk his way out of a duarasteel box. It’s crazy. He’s pretty good for a noobie too. I’d say that he has great potential. Just need a pro to show him the ropes, ya know?”

“I guess I can try and do that…”

“I need to keep back on my check of security for the night. In the meanwhile, enjoy the dance, the food, and the company. Don’t have ‘too’ much fun though, Red.”

“Understood. Farewell, Bernie. Don’t die, ya?”

“Never ever.”

After this Sandra decides to snack a little and watch a few dances, thinking about the moment… the ever odd moment. It was tormenting that her heartstring was pulled so. She sighs and thinks about Callista for a while, sipping the expensive crystal that she was given as a parting gift by Bernie. Everything was so sudden and surprising, even for someone as experienced as she was. She gives a grunt of annoyance and decides to go home.

=======================================

Sandra sits in the shower, the water battering against her pale skin, and her red hair censoring the delicate parts of her elegant form. Her mind wanders to several years ago, to when she was with her first Master and learning from him. To the first time she met Darian on that Republic ship. How he showed her to use a blaster and to run around the ship in a fun manner. How he’s make her little heart race as if she was just finished with a sprint. It was pleasant and it aggravated her. She looks up with her eyes closed to let the water splash on her face for a moment before turning it off and drying with a towel. With another, she wraps around her body and goes to sit in the Pilot’s seat.

She looks on the datapad number and decides not to message him, throwing the datapad onto the co-pilot seat and sighing.

“That’s just how it goes…”

3 Likes

Sandra fires several blaster shots around a corner of an undisclosed base of Human Traffickers on Mon Cal. Several shots are exchanged for a moment before Sandra tires and pulls a fellow from his corner to be sniped by Darian a few more meters away behind some crates. The wide hallway with several durasteel crates of potential cargo are shuffled around by Sandra to create a dynamic battlefield that confuses the several traffickers in the hallway.

They are scattered after two more of their fellows go down. The remaining retreat after collapsing the end of the hallway with explosives.

“They are getting away, Sandra!”

“That is fine. They left their ‘cargo’ behind. Our focus should be to recover the captured people. We can resume chasing the WaveRunner organization later on. If they left everything behind, we can look for any datapads or computers with possible information.”

“Alright. I’ll start looking around for any of these computers.”

Darian goes off to look for any computers in the small hideout after a tug on his armored underlay. Sandra takes a breath of relief now that the fighting is done for now and wanders around now to look for the prisoners. It doesn’t take very long to find the 12 people in the basement level. They huddle in a corner as Sandra walks up. She looks on them with a slight head tilt for a moment, gauging their fear and desperation, but after this moment she walks over to a desk where she shuffles through a few keycards and slides it on the door. The translucent field drops and Sandra speaks.

“…Mon Calamari sent agents to negotiate your release.”

“D-d-did they neg-g-gotiate?”

“No…they did not.”

This seems to be enough for them to look at each other before standing up and Sandra motions them to follow her to where Darian has likely noted a vehicle to come pick the group up. Sandra and Darian sit in the driver and passenger side, respectively.

“So, do the missions always end up in a shootout, Sandra?”

“Not usually, but you missed one of the fellows who was coming back from their break and they spotted you.”

“Couldn’t get to the fellow in time, but it’s a good thing you were here then. Can’t say I could have pushed the group out nearly as quickly without you along. Bernie really knows how to pick em.”

“…I suppose.”

“You didn’t whip out the lightsaber in the base.”

“I didn’t need it.”

“I wonder how you got decent with a blaster.”

“It was because of you, silly.”

“Think you can show me that finger wagging stuff?”

“The Force? You’re not Force Sensitive, hehe…”

“Maybe in the next lifetime then.”

“Mm…”

“Do you usually get quiet after missions?”

“Generally…”

“I do the opposite I guess. Nerves and all that, but talking reminds me i’m still alive. Why do you get quiet?”

“…I generally do an analysis of the mission in my mind. Things that could have improved or all that. It also gives me a time to refocus and calm.”

“That sounds kind of nice. Wish I could relax just as simply. Must be a complicated life that you live. How is it like?”

“I can’t say that my life is complicated on its own. It’s other people that make things complicated, not the circumstances of my life.”

“Blaming other people for your problems?”

“In this instance, yes. I love life and humanity, but I don’t like people…”

“I get that. I want to save the galaxy too, but it doesn’t mean I need to be best pals with everyone, but I want to be liked. I would like to leave a positive note that my life made other’s better.”

Sandra looks to Darian in this moment and then looks back ahead. She sighs lightly and she keeps quiet for the remainder of the driving. They pull up to a station with the prisoners and have them taken over to custody for identification and debriefing.

“Well, that’s a mostly successful mission. I’ll go tell Bernie, Darian.”

“H-Hey wait.”

“Yes…?”

“Let’s go do something together. Do Jedi still eat food and drink water? Or you poke a straw in a person and sip the Force or something?”

Sandra giggles at this and shakes her head.
“No, I do the sustenance thing.”

“Alright! Let’s go to a restaurant. My treat for a job well done.”

“…”

“Please? I just… want to know you again. You were dead to me only a week ago and here you are again, like some kind of ghost.”

“…Alright.”

“Fancy stuff, okay? Heels and all that.”

Sandra rolls her eyes and puts a hand on her waist.
“I know how to dress fancy. I’m free in two days. Call me then.”

“Perfect! Grand! I’ll be in the grey ship at the port on Viscara. I’ll pick you up in two days in the evening.”

Sandra waves a hand and walks off.
“Mm…”

=============================================

Sandra goes to Mon Cal’s beaches. The people wander around in the early afternoon and do their normal activities. In a two piece black bikini and sunglasses, she goes to sit near some flat rocks near the ocean waves. She stares out in to the ocean and lets her mind go quiet. Several thoughts try to push to the surface, but she shuts it all up.

The soft sea breeze is refreshing and calming as it drives softly through the beach and her hair. It was here suddenly that she felt a sudden connection to the force and she decides to Meditate on this lonely rock on a warm day.

It’s only a few hours later that she realizes that she deloved deeply into the emditation and it’s the evening now. The stars in the sky are bright, colorful, and there was a sreenity that she could never describe. All she did then was lay back on the cool rock and let a soft sigh escape her lips. It was moments like these where she felt alive.

“…Life is but a dream.”

2 Likes

Sandra wears a long black dress with a slit along the thigh to the bottom with bright red lipstick and straightened hair with slight curves. Darian wears a fairly normal tux with his fair perm and shiny black shoes. They sit in a restaurant together in another part of Mon Cal as they wait for their dinner to come.

“You look utterly beautiful.”

“…Thank you. You did say ‘fancy’, no?”

“That’s right! You really over achieved.”

“Always aim for higher, hehe.”

“You can say that again. But, I didn’t just invite you here for the absolute pleasure of your company. Sally Myers, the tall blonde woman two tables down has the access codes to the WaveRunner base and now I need you to get her to the restroom. Get the access card from her and slip her body out the back window where I will awaits to take her off to bad people’s place. Think you can do that?”

“A simple enough task.”

“Alright then! Let’s snack a bit and then get going. So while we’re eating, what happened to you during the war? You kind of fell off the galaxy. Want to talk about it?”

“I ah… after the few battles I was in, my Master sent me back home by shoving me in a ship. So…I didn’t get to be there when he died. It was rather devastating. It was then I wandered with another sect of the Jedi for a while. I just needed to …not exist.”

“I can understand that. After the war ended, thought I wasn’t at Malachor V, because I was off fighting else where in my new field of work, I just felt kind of dead on the inside. How did you cope with everything?”

“I kept working and pushing past issues one thing at a time. I had some people in my life that got me through some points and others that I pushed through myself. I didn’t like to rely on others to fix all my problems, because I like being able to help myself.”

“Pretty independent of you. I think a lot of people would break at this point without having a lot of people surrounding them for support. It takes a great deal of help to push through these mental problems that very few people could understand without having fought in the war directly.”

“A lot of the Jedi Teachings got me through various things. But ah…I don’t really want to talk more about all that right now.”

“I understand. Let’s enjoy the food for a bit.”

They eat for a little while with minor notes of chat between the eating. After about 30 minutes, they note their target is taking her sweet time in having to use the rest room so Sandra decides to speed things up a bit.

“I think i’m going to get a drink.”

“You have one here though?”

“…I’m about to need another one. See you out back.”

When Sandra gets up and grabs her red wine to walk over to Sally, Darian looks on Sandra’s body and swallows some air while adjusting his collar. He sighs and takes a deep sip of his whiskey before going to go out back.

“That woman has a body that can slay every mind in the universe. Damn…”

Meanwhile, Sandra walks by Sally’s table and spills her red wine on the table and some drops onto Sally’s white dress. Both the ladies yelp in the accident and Sally’s dinner date gasps some.

“I am SO sorry, miss! These tables are so close together and I have these birthing hips… oh geez. So sorry!”

“It’s not a problem. Ugh, I just bought this dress.”

“I have a stain remover! Let’s go to the restroom really quick. I’m so sorry!”

“Fine, fine. Let’s hurry it up. Sorry, Darik… one moment, sweetheart.”

The pair go off to the restroom together and Sandra takes out a little stain stick to rub out some of the stain. Sally calms after a minute of this and sighs.

“I don’t think he’s going to put out tonight. Should have just went home and watched a soap.”

“…You never know. Those legs you have are quite lovely. Cross your legs and let him get a glimpse and I promise you’ll wake up not being able to use them.”

“Hahaha! You’re a spicy one, redhead. I think i’ll give it a shot.”

“Here… a little closer to the sink so I get this last bit out.”

“Oh right, sure.”

Sandra slam’s the woman’s head on the refresher’s metal table and out she goes. She then drags the woman’s limp body to one of the stalls and sits her down. After searching her purse, there are a few cards found, but she’s unsure which one is the actual access card. In the meanwhile, she peeks outside the stall to see if anyone is coming and then goes to push her body out of the view window of the room for Darian to capture and place in the vehicle outside before the jail.

After adjusting her long dress a bit, Sandra heads out to see the fellow at the table and tells him that she’ll be out in a moment. Afterwards, Sandra’s gone from the building and hops into the nice vehicle that Darian has waiting outside by the street. Sandra lets out a long sigh after having a moment to relax. The drive to the jail is a quick one and then he goes to drop her off at the hotel.

“Thanks for your help today. It’s nice to have a partner for once that knows how to get things done. I’m still learning a lot, but I was never a quick learner at these things, despite what Bernie thinks. I’m just doing my best.”

“…I suppose it’s nice to have company that I can mostly trust on some tasks. Let me know when we’re going to do the raid, ya?”

“Of course, Sandra. It was a short task, but thanks for coming anyways.”

Sandra smiles a slight and nods before getting out of the vehicle. He peeks at her form and the way her hair flows so gently as she walks so delicately. The Jedi walk of one flowing so, but with the weight of the galaxy on one’s shoulders. His face blushes as he watches her go and he lays his head on the wheel, letting out a long sigh.

When she’s a bit away, Sandra peeks back at the vehicle and looks down. She runs a hand in her hair and kicks a pebble gently down the way. With a soft sigh, she shoves her thoughts away and goes on back to her ship.

Psychiatrists have nothing on spies when it comes to over analyzing their friends’ behavior. As a covert operative, you routinely trust your coworkers with your life so you tend to notice when they start acting strangely. Noticing his gazes and feelings isn’t difficult for a spy, or certainly a Jedi, but all she can do for now is consider the mission and remain logical.

2 Likes

MOOD Music: Arc the Lad R - Hunter’s Guild

Sandra wakes up suddenly and looks around a luxurious hotel room with her blaster out. The large bed holding this smaller redhead was like a child resting in the hands of Atlas. While this is an exaggeration, it certainly didn’t feel that way to Sandra. With a groan she throws her legs over the side and looks to the couch where Darian is laying on his back and typing on his datapad.

Sandra reaches for a fancy robe and stands to put it on.
“…You’re up early, Darian.”

Darian looks on her form a brief moment with a blush before looking back to his datapad.
“Yeah. If we’re doing the first bust today then someone has to be in touch with our guys, right? Besides, you seem like you needed the rest yesterday. Are you always tired before setting out before a mission the next day?”

“That’s what rest and meditation is for, hehe.”

“Get ready and dress up with the blazer and outfit they gave us. We have to look like the supplier for their next shipment and play the part well.”

“I read the dossier and memo. I’ll hit the showers and then you can after.”

“Yup!” Resumes reading his datapad.

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 9.55.27 AM

A moment later, standing in the luxurious show area, with a small window letting in morning light, thin satin curtains, and fine little usables in the refresher room was really over done. The consulate really puts on a fine reservation for those who can potentially get blasted on a deadly mission. Either that or it was Bernie’s way of apologizing for putting them in a tight spot…

It’s a refreshing moment to let go of everything else that’s going on and the little consumables are quite pleasant. Today, they have to go into a WaveRunner’s base and act like the people they’re suppose to make a People Trafficking trade with. We’re fortunate to act like an old supplier they haven’t used in years, because it’s someone they can initially trust, but that’s about as far as it goes. We’ll have to do the rest and get them to make the deal. That will function not only as a way to save the people, gave proof of transaction for charges, but also to get some faces of the traders themselves.

With that thought , she gets out of the shower, dries her hair, and then gets her blazer outfit on. Not a lot of bad guys tend to dress up well, but this group has been around for a while, so they think by classing up their outfits that they are any better than the slavers otherwise. Regardless, it didn’t matter. Just get the job done and everything else comes after.

Sandra comes out of the Refresher all dressed up.

“Alright, get ready and we can get going, ya?”

“Yes, ma’am. Might I say that you are quite lovely in that fancy outfit.”

“Thank you… ah, just have to look the part. In any case, go get ready.”

Darian goes to refresh himself and takes about 15 mins to get all prepped to come out in a find blazer of his own. Sandra is waiting on the couch, snacking on some things and reading her datapad for mission info before his return. He comes out and flips his collar and does a little spin.

“What do you think? Do I look ready to break some laws today, Sandra?”

“You look… really good, actually.”

“I’m happy to hear that. Let get the bad guys then Space them to a nice jail.”

“Sounds like a plan…”

The pair get up and begin to head on their way to a small island a few miles away from Dac City on Mon Calamari. The drive is fairly quiet, but the mission always tend to bring a calm before the coming madness…

Working an intelligence asset is part acting, part strategy. Some people don’t have the talent and some people do. Spies spend plenty of time with sociopaths and criminals, but sometimes it’s even more dangerous to hang out with their victims. Letting your emotions get the bet of you can threaten the entire operation.

1 Like

Sandra looks on the successful mission report and the return of everyone safety. And while the weeks come to pass as Bernie does his research, everything feels like a blur. It’s in these moments that Sandra’s inner Jedi really takes hold.

It’s in this time that Sandra spend most of the time alone. The days of meditation, working on the Force Cloaking, twirling her staff saber for hours in the dark, running under the morning light, and recalling her intense training. Getting too lax would be more troublesome than anything. So the days that came were just for her self… the wine, the daydreaming, the Jedi works, and more. It was just her, the ship, and who ever was curious enough to give her the occasional call to see if she was still alive.

It was just a few days ago that Darian comes over to surprise her. That kind of introduction rarely goes too well…

Darian gives Sandra’s comms a ping and waits outside her ship. The ship hatch opens and a redhead with a ponytail peeks out from behind him, upside down.

“Need something…?”

“G-Geez, you have to always pop up behind people like that?”

“…Habit. I’ll lower the entry. Hold on…”

The ship’s entrance lowers and Darian comes in lifting up a bouquet of flowers.

“Beautiful lady needs some beauty on her ship. I think these were your favorites. Mountain flowers from icy areas. I wanted to come by and see how you were doing and I have some info too.”

Sandra looks over Darian and his semi formal blazer jacket and simple outfit otherwise with its grey tones and white undershirt. She blushes faintly at this offering of her favorite flowers and she sets them on the table gently.

"Bernie has the final job ready soon. We got one more thing in the works and we were looking at that Q guy you suggested. We’ll ping him shortly.

“…Thank you and very well.”

“Listen, um… I wanted to make an offer of sorts too. I was wondering what you were planning to do after this contract. Are you going somewhere in particular or have any life plans?”

Sandra tilts her head curiously at this question and sits on the chair near by, crossing her legs gently and leaning against them as she asks in response.

“I suppose I will keep on with my ideal to save the universe from the Sith War with Revan. I’ll keep working on bettering myself and continue to progress my own abilities.”

“That sounds pretty rough. Do you need to do the hero thing for the rest of your life? Do you have any plans to stop? I don’t imagine any war will end soon and anything after is not likely to be pleasant either. There’s always war one way or another somewhere. Do you think you can just… let it go? Maybe you can just um…come with me instead.”

“Ah…w-what do you mean?”

“Just…come get away from everything with me. You don’t have to fight for years and years to come and we can life a pleasant life somewhere on Mon Cal or someplace that’s nice enough to raise a family. How does that sound? What do you think?”

Sandra giggles softly and smiles gently. She looks to her lightsaber on the table and reaches over to run a finger over the sleek metal. Her eyes run across the staff as if she’s picturing something in her mind, but Darian comes over and puts a hand on her cheek.

MOOD MUSIC: Persona 5: Autonomy Instrumental

“I love you, Sandra. We don’t have to live and die like spies. We don’t have to life in the entrapments of other’s ideals and dreams. Doesn’t that sound great? You can have total Autonomy of your existence. If you can’t say yes now, then will you consider it? Can you say that you’ll honestly consider it?”

There’s a moment of pause as many thoughts come over Sandra as they lock eyes in honesty. After a few seconds of silence and looking into each other’s eyes, she nods.

“Alright, I will honestly consider your offer. I suppose I should consider if fighting for the sake of the universe forever on will be what I must do or not. We’ll just have to see after this, ya?”

“Thank you for your consideration. I should go now though. Got to get ready for the final mission and find your Q person. Get rest! I’ll call you soon, girly.”

“Farewell…”

Once he’s gone, she looks on the staffsaber and on the various notions in her life privately and openly. She thought a lot about what Beryn had said too and what he had intended for his students. It was something that affected her deeply and she did take his words honestly. All she could do for now was to ponder on the reality that she needed to make. A cold glass of wine is lifted and her breath makes the chilled glass open up it’s frosty gate to reveal the red texture.

“…Hmm…”

3 Likes

FIRST LOVE, LAST SHOT: SEASON CONCLUSION

MOOD MUSICL Dragon Knight - Chrono Cross OST

A silver ship comes by while Callista and Markus are by the Viscaran Pyre. A man with blond hair and a gentleman demeanor comes out and, thought clearly violating air space, is clearly in a hurry. Marcus may recognize the man as Darian.

“Markus! I’m glad you’re here. I was hoping to find you and some others before it’s too late.”

The smuggler takes a deep drag of the cigarette between his fingers and puffs out a billowing cloud of smoke.

“Darien, guessing you’re in need of a no-name scumbag to take on some other no-name scumbags?”

Callista looks up with surprise, glancing to Markus a moment as the smuggler recognizes and addresses the man by name. Then, her gold-flecked eyes turn back to him with realization. “This is Darian? As in from the Mon Cala consulate?”

“Yes, Markus. This is it. Miss Mana has gone ahead, but we found out the boss knew of our arrival. We think the datapad that Qyilisc found for us two days ago was bugged. We messed up. She’s in there with a legend of death. And yes, Miss. I am Darian from the Mon Calamari Consulate, the second to Bernie, Intelligence agent and former War Hero. I need you and perhaps your friend to come with me now to get ahead on this. I would be…amiss to see harm come to Miss Mana.”

Markus swears and tosses his cigarette into the dirt and stomps it out
“Guess it was too much to think something wouldn’t go ploin-shaped.”

Drawn out of whatever thoughts she was lost in while taking in Darian and his appearance, Callista stands up quickly from the bench and throws on her cloak that was sitting loosely to one side. “If Sandra’s in trouble then you can count me in, I’ll help however I can! My name’s Callista.”

“Thank you, friends. Come, quick!”
They dart on to the silver ship to see Bernie and two Mon Cal Regulars in the ship. Bernie stands and nods to the pair on the ship and goes to give a SitRep

Screen_Shot_2021-05-06_at_2.17.19_PM

“Everyone, the situation is dire. Larran Deska, the leader of the WaveRunners was waiting for us. The matter is that we sent Sandra in deal with the situation and end this, but what we didn’t realize was that we made a fatal error. Sandra sent one last message quickly before cutting comms and going Black. We think she’s in waiting or hiding while things are plotted on our end. Either that or… No… best not to assume the worst yet. We’re going to drop you off on Mon Cal’s Manor a few clicks from the City’s main port hotel.”

Bernie runs a hand through his sleek hair and looks down

“I dont know what you can all expect, but it won’t be good. They are cornered and we’re riding everything on this Op. You can still say no. But if you’re coming, I hope you’ll give it your all and realize that death is the last option for anyone.”

He plays Sandra’s Message “Bernie… I apologize. I did not realize their datapad was bugged after the sweeps. Leave me here. I’ll take care of everything. I’ll leave the back open so you can check in later when they are gone… i’m sorry.”

Darian looks down and grips his knees

Markus runs a hand through his hair and lets out a breath

“Save the world” Sandra…eh?" He says shaking his head
“I’m in…if nothing else then to go chew her out for telling us to leave her behind.”

Callista’s jaw tightens as she listens to the message. She looks to the others and nods.

“I’m in too. We’re not leaving her alone in there, but we have to trust that she can hold out until we get to her. The manor; is that their base of operations? What do we know about it?”

“This is their last manor. It’s three floors of narcotics, slaves, and more. They are planning to move to another planet and they need to be stopped now or we’ll never find them again in this decade. The manor is old and almost archaic in a way. It’s practically falling apart so I cant say it’s sound in structure. There’s nothing unique about the Manor though.”

“What about entrances? Is there roof access, do we know which way Sandra went in?”

“We’ll drop you off a few meters from the ‘back’ that was mentioned. This was the operational way in for her. We’re all going and we’ll get this done together.”

“Any last questions?”

“We taking anyone in or is this weapons free? If so any chance we could just gas the place beforehand?”

“Take no prisoners. They will shoot first and ask no questions. And we don’t have enough gas to breach every inch of the house in the Mon Cal Morning Ocean Breeze.”

Markus nods and checks the pistol on his hip
“Understood.”

Glancing down to the lightsaber at her hip, and the rose-gold plated foil next to it, Callista takes a soft breath.
“So this isn’t an infiltration anymore, this is a raid and rescue. Right?”

“This is a ‘do everything we can to stop them’ raid. If they get away, they will cause a blight on the universe for the next decade. People will be taken from their homes, families displaced, races dispersed for use, and more. This ends today… or not at all.”

“Then we hold nothing back.” Callista nods, looking to Markus.

He eyes Callista, perhaps wondering about her code with regards to this mission before nodding
“The coming century will not suffer these old money ghouls if we can help it.”

Bernie nods and gives heavy hand to Markus’ shoulder and they take the next moment to sit and get to hyper space. A few moments later they come in orbit of Mon Cal. They quickly enter orbit and then move to the view of the Manor a few miles a way in their sights. As they move closer to about 5 miles, they see the manor…But there’s also an issue that they see… the left side of the manor’s extended section suddenly explodes into a massive fireball.

Darian stands and grabs a rail

“What?!”

“Guh! Well we know where Sandra is! Get us closer, quick!” Callista blurts, wobbling on her feet.

“Dammit! Dammit she’s in the thick of it already! Let’s move!”

Bernie slaps the shoulder of the pilot and the ship practically nose dives to the back part of the manor. They slide up and stop the ship. Darian gets out two blasters and Bernie pulls out… a sort of large rocket launcher looking thing with a glowing batter pack sticking out of both ends of the back. It humms with power as well as takes most of Bernie’s size to carry it.

“ALRIGHT! Get in there and lets put this witch in the ground! If you can, find Mana and secure her! We cant let them get away!”

Bernie slaps a button and the Beam Cannon charges slowly

Markus nods and moves towards the extended section where the explosion came from, blaster at the ready.

As the ramp of the ship lowers, Callista rushes out ahead of the others, igniting her lightsaber in one hand and foil in the other, two warm gold plasma blades shining and twirling in the air as she takes the front to block an deflect incoming blaster fire so that the others can advance more safely.

The crew move to the exposed section and look in. As Callista goes ahead, there is another hallway that they come in perpendicular meeting with. There are various bodies burned and dead. Maybe a dozen in their immediate sight as they proceed a few meters in already. 14 Guards come running down a hallway, but Bernie fires the Beam Cannon, melting the whole hallway for about 60 feet and the guards are practically sliced in half. “Go on, young-uns! The stairs to the second floor should be a few meters north! Mind the corners!”

Not about to argue with a man carrying that kind of firepower, Callista gestures to Markus and Darian and hurries onward, her senses probing constantly for threats… and for Sandra.

Markus rushes from cover to cover on his way to the stairs, his blaster set to full auto and his cautious eye turned to every corner.

They hurry up the stairs, but are met with a hallway of guards that have taken cover behind some loose furniture and are firing at them now. Markus and Darian hit the covers of some metal furniture. Darian calls out “Gah, they have us pinned down! What should we do now?”

Markus reaches into his coat and feels around for something explosive. Once he finds something around the right shape and weight he pulls out the pin and chucks it at the makeshift “barricade”

The explosion knocks down a few of the guards and upturns several of the furniture

“Good work! Miss Callista, would you lead us in? We’ll cover you!”

"Can do! Just stay behind me!"

Callista leaps over the table she’d been ducked behind and moves up, sabers swinging gracefully in tandem and batting aside blaster bolts and even returning a few, acting as a walking shield for the others.

Darian and Markus get off some shots at strays as Callista makes her way to the covered baddies. The guards keep shooting at Callista as if their bolt would suddenly make any more difference 10 seconds ago than it did now. Only they are met with the shots and finally a slash from Callista who rends the final foe, clinging to desperately piece her barrier of plasma.

“Wow, that was some excellent bladeswork, Miss Callista! I haven’t even seen Sandra use her Lightsaber more than once also. Brilliant!”(edited)

“No time for compliments now Darien, we have scumb to scrub out and redheads to rescue.”

There’s a smaller explosion and the sound of various screaming through the walls. Bernie runs up behind them and his Beam Cannon seems to be nearly charged. He nudges Darian with the cannon.

“Hey, quit gawking, Darian! Get moving! Do you want to get hit with a stray bolt or something? Don’t sit in one place! You heard Markus!”

Callista throws a look back at Darian that, in the moment, seems like an indecipherable mix of blank bemusement and searching suspicion, but after a moment she just gives a light smile and nods. “Thanks, but they’re right; we should keep moving.”

The crew runs on ahead through some ruined sections of the second floor and suddenly collapses and Bernie falls. Bernie grunts as suddenly blaster fire comes from below and the beam cannon goes off. “Go on! I’m right behind you!”(edited)

Markus sees the man go down and seems torn between going back for him and pressing on. But ultimately decides to press forward

Callista’s eyes widen, the look on her face like she’s remembering something terrible. Looking to the hole, she grits her teeth in a pained grimace but carries on as well. “Hang in there, Bernie! We’ve got to finish this!”

“Good luck!” He gets up and there’s the sound of more blaster fire and the heavy beam going off along with his laughter. They get to a series of stairs going upwards and a woman falls down screaming between the railing, hitting the side and lands hard on the first floor. There’s some blaster fire heard on the third floor then…nothing. As they rush up, there’s a hallway of dead with saber scorings on the walls. There’s a turn in the hallway and one final long slash that forebodingly leads around that corner…

Callista winces at the sight of the gruesome fall, but when they reach the saber-scarred hallway she presses on more quickly.

“Sandra must have been here, come on!”

Markus doesn’t even flinch at the woman being tossed from the upper floor, but he does nod to Callista’s comment and follow her picking the pace and holding his weapon at the ready

"Right behind you”

Callista can feel the heavy weight of the Dark Side as they get closer to the long black score of the wall. When they turn the corner, Sandra is standing there, facing a metal door, bloodied, burns on her outfit, saber in one hand, and blaster in another. Some blood drips down her blaster hand. Oddly, the Darkness isnt coming from Sandra, but from behind the door…

“Sandra!!! Y-You’re alive! Sandra…?” Darian looks nervously

Callista wastes no time in rushing up to Sandra’s side, stowing her off-hand foil away to her belt and then placing her hand gently on Sandra’s back, pouring some focus into healing for the moment. She keeps her gaze forward on the door, but the tender care of her touch can be felt.

“We’re here, Sandy. Bernie’s downstairs dealing with another group of them, but he sounded like he was handling himself alright… what are we looking at here?”

Markus looks at Sandra with relief and seems to be restraining himself from running in and hugging her, his eyes still darting around for any other foes or surprises

“Sandra…you had us worried.”

Sandra slowly looks to them, blood on half her face. She looks in a daze as blood loss weakens her. With Callista’s healing, she seems to recover some.

“…Are…you all real…? I… ah…dizzy…”

“Of course you’re dizzy! You’re bleeding all over! Come on, your gal pal is patching you up! Why did you stop at the door? It’s just a door.”

“…She’s in here. There’s something terrible inside. Someone terrible…”

There’s a series of huffing and Bernie comes up from behind and leans on the wall, catching his breath quietly while they talk.

“Someone give her a kolto stim, she’s in bad shape,” Callista looks back to the others, a slight twinge to her expression at the ‘gal pal’ remark. This shifts into a relieved smile as she sees Bernie catching up. She keeps up her healing for now, gently tugging Sandra backwards away from the door for the moment.(edited)

Markus reaches into his coat and pulls out some weather-beaten packs, pulling out a small shot of kolto and jabbing it into Sandra’s arm

Sandra practically collapses into Cally’s arms, but a hand reaches out to balance herself against the wall first, dropping her lightsaber for sake of herself first. The shot is a slight inching in pain, but does her well and she regains her sanity after a moment.
Darian goes to the door and puts up a sound scanner to it.

“I think there’s an elevator in this room?” “An elevator? Who puts a bloody elevator at the TOP of the manor? Give me a sonic on that thing!” “It goes…down. Far down. Why?” “Only one way to find out, Darian. We go IN the elevator. It’s likely where Larran Deska went.”

Callista puts her lightsaber away as well, putting her arms around Sandra in a mixture of a hug and a stabilizing gesture. She eases down with her for a moment, grabbing the dropped saber from the floor and just taking a moment to make sure the redhead is breathing steadily and recovering. “That must be where the real base is, or their escape route. But whoever’s in this next room won’t let us get to it easily. Sandra, you stay back for this one, alright?”

“You said something about “someone terrible” I take it you meant more than just in the usual way these people are awful wastes of human existence?” Markus asked, stepping to the door and stacking to the right side of it

Sandra nods “There’s something very dark on the other end of the elevator. I’ll stay back, but… i’m still going. I have to see this through. Must complete the mission…” “We really have to get in that elevator, fellows. We’re going to lose the person we all came here for.”
Bernie notes Sandra motions to the elevator

“…Go then… hurry. I can feel some of the lifeforms have already left.”

Callista nods, pulling back from Sandra and handing the lightsaber back to her.

“Alright, no time to waste. Everyone ready?”

Taking a deep breath and starts tinkering with his custom commissioned Hand-cannon, switching off its overheat safety precautions and enabling its overcharge fire mode and nods “This Devils ready to take his due.”

“Okay. Open it.”

Callista’s saber and foil each float into her hands and snap-hiss to life again.

=======================================

The opening of the elevator and ride down is… slow. It’s quiet. It’s foreboding. The elevator takes about 10 minutes to reach the Botton and then the once small door, now extends into a far wider one that opens to a sort of empty warehouse. There sits a lone woman on a chair by one of the white pillars. Several smaller ships leave behind the livestock of people and take off. Bernie shouts on his comms…

“Take out every one of those ships, Mon Cal security! We end this today…”

The Woman sighs and runs a hand through her long black hair. She stands and looks on them with piercing purple eyes. This Mirialan emits a severe Dark Energy about her. Even the non force sensitives feel uncomfortable looking on her. Bernie speaks

“You’re Larren? We always assumed you were a man.”

“……”

The woman is… dressed in a nice jacket and loose pants with shining black boots. The katana on her back is adjusted as she just…looks on them for now

“I’m going to assume you have no plans to surrender, and nothing worthwhile to say.” Markus says, his pistol in a white-knuckle grip “We don’t have a lot of time either so I’ll spare you the colorful threats I planned to spout and just ask you to kindly lay down and die.”

“We’re giving you the chance to surrender peacefully now, regardless of our expectations.” Callista states, stepping forward, her sabers low for the moment.

“Larran Deska, in the name of the Republic and the Jedi Order, you’re under arrest.”

He gives Callista a slightly exasperated look, but says nothing

She just looks back at him and shrugs as if to say ‘hey I gotta at least say it’.

Bernie aims his Beam Cannon on Cally’s right and Darian on her left. They aim and await the words of the woman that comes. In this grand auditorium of a building even her low, sweet voice, becomes slightly louder.

“…I never imagined a lifetime where my father’s business is ruined. 400 years of trafficking, slavery, terrorism, and more… all done in. I am ashamed…”

As she walks across the room, perpendicular to them, they see odd mechanisms tied to the back of her calfs. There is a smaller one on her back too. She looks on them again

“…You’re here…for me. If I surrender, what will you do to me?”

“By Law, you are to be executed for years, and now I guess, generations of slavery and more! For the thousands of lives you have uphaveled and ruined, we will stop you one way or another!”

Darian declares and Bernie charges the beam cannon

“You will be tried, proven guilty, and then taken to a facility to live and be interrogated before your eventual execution!" Bernie then declares

“Beats the alternative where I carve out your vertebrae, whittle them into rings and then make all your subordinates kiss them in fealty before wringing their filthy necks.” Markus says with a far too casual smile and a shrug of his shoulders

“Even calling your own work ‘terrorism’ out loud… you really are shameless, aren’t you?”
Callista shifts her stance into a more ready position.

“Also… ew, Markus. Just ew.”

Larran looks to them and shrugs

“…I gave up my morality when the universe game up…on me. It’s just…business. My apoligies…for what I will do now. Please… in another world, forgive me…”

The woman draws her katana, but the blade is missing on the front? No… this part ignites into a plasma blade, similar to that of a lightsaber. Callista may note she’s a Mirialan despite her pale color, the black notations on her hands give this away. This woman knows the ways of the Force, but to what degree…? The woman, looks up at them sadly for a moment and comes walking…right to them.

“She’s bat shite crazy, Bernie. There’s no way she can beat TWO Jedi, and three experts. She’s out of her mind.”

“…Shut up, boy. I’ve haven’t felt sick in my stomach like this since the Mandalorian Wars. Something’s not right.”

The woman’s confidence unnerves Markus, somewhat, the confidence of a woman who stacked the deck somehow, but he hides it as best he can pulling out a coin and idly flipping it between his fingers his blaster still in his other hand, ready to fire

“It all comes down to chance I suppose…the only true justice really.”

Silently he angles the coin in an attempt to reflect some light into the woman’s eyes from it and gives his compatriots an opening to attack

“Maybe if things had been different, we could’ve been friends… just know we offered you the chance to try and atone.”

Callista takes a slow, deep breath, lowering her stance closer to the ground and building her focus, concentrating enhancing Force energies into her limbs, preparing herself for an opening strike that Sandra had taught her – and funneling her fears and doubts into the Forge as she had learned from her master.

“…I could never be worth atonement. No matter…what I do…i’ll have to be killed. Thank you…for your kind words.”

With that Bernie fires the Beam Cannon, but the beam is split in half and the beam slices up the left and right side of the building. But… her blade turns off for 10 seconds then reignites

“That’s not good, fellas. Not good at all. I need some time to charge up again!” Bernie quips The woman is still too far away for the Dash N Slash, but she’s …studying them?

BOSS BATTLE MUSIC: Parasite Eve - U.B. 2nd phase

Callista’s eyes widen at the way the beam is split, but she takes note of the time it takes the blade to reactivate.

Tossing the coin aside, Markus reaches into his coat and grabs an ion grenade, “cooking” it for a few second before underhanded pitching it towards Larren’s legs

With such an extreme speed, she ‘skates’ rapidly away and up the side of the white pillar, throwing several sharp daggers at them. Sandra wince and Force Pushes one that heads her way. Bernie blocks it with his huge cannon. Darian gets slashed on his arm and grunts in pain.

In her stance, it isn’t too difficult to lean out of the way to one side, but it disrupts her concentration regardless and she rolls aside to come up into a higher-standing posture.

“She’s fast…!”

*Markus either too slow to react or just electing to bite the blaster bolt, aims his pistol towards the new location and squeezes off a volley high powered, very volatile shots as he’s struck his shots becoming slightly wide after the dagger catches him prompting a cry of pain from the smuggler as he’s struck.*m

The woman is moving at extreme speeds. They can estimate about 35+ MPH in this large room. She keeps skating past a few shots and then from the ceiling, dives right at Darian, rotating like a fan of death, deflecting the remaining bolts that Markus fires. Darian’s eyes widen as he see’s death coming, but Sandra force pulls him back and the woman lands between Callista and Bernie

“HOLY SON OF A MOTHER’S FREACKING…” Bernie shouts suddenly and swings the massive cannon at her, which she does a rapid side flip to evade.

Callista gawks at the sheer speed at which the woman moves, quickly lashing out with a few strikes aimed mostly at occupying and slowing her down rather than actually penetrating her defenses. She summons as much focus as she can again to extend her senses out and lend some of her insight and reflexes to her companions around her while simultaneously trying to hinder their foe’s.

Markus swears angrily and jabs himself with an agility stim and pulling out a canister of ship fuel as if he were pulling a grenade.

“I’ll blow us all to kingdom come if I have to…BITCH”

And with that he tosses the “grenade” to the group and puts some distance between him and the fight. Hoping that would trick the swordsman into backing off.

Larran blocks the attacks that occupy her, but then does some rapid skating to flip in the air and land a series of double kicks on Callista before facing Markus to evade the grenade again. Then hop back to lay flat on the ground to slide away and hop back up on her feet. She gives the katana blade a few twirls and sighs. They have space between them again.

“…Just let me go…”

Darian blinks at this feat and aims his two blasters

“We just have to shower her with bolts or something! She can’t dodge and block everything, right? Sandra, Markus, lets make it rain on this bitch!”

“I’m not about to yield to someone stupid enough to mistake a fuel canister for a grenade” Markus sneers as he reaches to his back for his “special project” something he’d been itching for a chance to use. “Oh I have something special I’ve been waiting to use.”

And with that Markus pulls from his jacket a compact slug-thrower pistol and squeezes off a burst of rounds at the swordswoman

Callista races around to one side as fast as she can, just over half the speed that the gang kingpin (queenpin?) is able to achieve, aiming to clear a sight line for her allies while keeping up her battle insight technique and hopefully presenting an extra threat for her to consider.

Watching them quite focused, she notices their blasters coming out and Callista driving for her. With her boosted speed from the little engines, she takes off skating against the wall, running away from Callista and the now raining blaster bolts and slugs coming at her.

She tops her 45 MPH as she glides and dances and spins around the room. Occasionally deflecting a bolt from a blaster that just happens to come her way.

“My eyes cant keep up with this woman! What do we do?”

Sandra speaks to them all and stands up, leaning against the wall in pain.

"…She’s too fast. You need to create hazards for her. Bernie… you should try to hit her with the beam and do sweeps. Callista… you should act as their defense. They don’t …have the physical and mental speed to evade her strikes. Markus… fire at her when her Saber is off…"

Callista nods and shifts around in front of the others again, maintaining her focus on group enhancement. She watches the skater’s every move, looking for any opening to try and tamper with or disrupt her skate engines.

“Bernie, how much longer before you’re charged up?”

“I’m all charged now! I’ll save it for a good moment that I’m sure I can hit her!”

Markus empties his entire clip from his slug-thrower to no avail. With a snarl he digs into his coat and pulls out both a spare clip and another Agility stim. With a grunt he jabs the stim into his torso, snarling and twitching slightly as the adrenaline extract adversely affects him, before loading up the second clip into his machine pistol and then holding both it and his hand cannon at the ready, waiting for an opportunity to pressure her

Darian speaks up

“Markus, got some more of those grenades? Throw out three of them. Sandra, do the Force thing. We’ll narrow her out. Ready?”

Bernie nods and grunts as he lifts the Beam cannon.

Holstering his blaster Markus grabs three of his makeshift ion grenades and readiest to toss them on the signal.

On the hand forward from Darian, Markus throws the Ions and Sandra fires them one on the left, right, and roof. She evades them, of course, and from the center of the room, does an insanely mad dash towards Bernie, straight away to keep away from the ion. Callista can feel this dark intent and can make a defensive move.

Callista narrows her eyes and ducks low, throwing her saber spinning just off the ground and parallel to the floor, hoping to force the woman into the air so that she can follow up to hold her in place with the Force while she has no traction to resist.

She jumps to evade the Saber, but is caught in the air. In that single second, Bernie fires the Beam Cannon at her. She blocks and the beam slices up sides of the room again. The sword is turned off and she’s clearly been pushed back several feet from beam’s push alone.

"Now!" Callista yells as she pulls her saber back to herself.

Callista hardly needs to shout as the drug-addled smuggler snaps to the figure and begins pouring machine-gun fire at the figure, emptying nearly the entire clip in the fusillade punctuated by the “tink” of bullet cases falling to the ground and the rippling sound of machine-gun fire.

The blaster bolts and flack fly at Larran and with her sword off, can’t deflect the attack. She takes several shots before thin knives are thrown at Callista. The knives have odd things attached to them and explode into a small powder to break the sight of her, and the force grab. There’s a loud piercing scream from the cloud and they all feel sick to their stomachs. There’s a heavy dark energy and then an insane laughter.

Callista manages to block and dodge most of the hurled knives, though one slices past her calf while another sticks into her arm, prompting a yelp of pain as she shuts her eyes and reels back to get out of the powdery cloud, stumbling as the nauseating sensation takes hold.

Markus tries reaching into his jacket to pull out a fresh clip but his fingers seem to fumble, still high on the drugs he’s having a harder time thanks to both the twitching and the onset sickness, looking to all the world like a maddened and dying animal.

It’s a long 15 seconds, but suddenly there’s a small poof from the cloud and Darian screams in pain before falling over. Callista can force see a dark burst of purple and red before it happens. A slash across his chest, and there she stands, looking directly at Callista… her glowing purple eyes and Dark Aura clearly visible to the spectral visioned Jedi. Sandra’s eyes widen and she screams softly, watching Darian fall over

Bernie’s eyes take two whole seconds to even make his eyes land on Larran to see her looming past Darian’s body and looking on Callista. For once in years… fear in his heart.

The sight is, if anything, even more terrifying for Callista herself, now faced with the maddened dark adept and gulping back a lump of fright forming in her throat. She settles into a ready Soresu stance at first, but as she stares ahead at Larran and calls on all the focus she can muster, her reflex-enhancing insight recedes from her allies and she slowly shifts into a less familiar form.

The sight chills the smuggler to the core, seeing the trained agent fall so suddenly. He’d shared room service and leered at women with this man who was probably far more qualified to fight monsters than he was…he drops the machine pistol and freezes for a moment in horror before he reaches for another stim and draws his hand-cannon, letting out a primal scream that turns guttural and sickly as his body is clearly taxed by the further drug use.

Her blade rapidly slams and sheers the air itself into Callista’s Soresu. Having to move faster than ever before to meet Larran’s seamless rage-filled movements. Sandra reaches out and pulls Darian from the combat, sliding him a bit closer as she’s exhausts and fails to pull him more than a few feet, but at least away. Her watery eyes, she asks softly.

“D-Darian…?”

“…San…ah… It’s… I can’t …see you…”

Sandra crawls towards him and looks on him with teary eyes in her weakened state, pushing her body past all it can to attempt healing the wound on his chest. Meanwhile, Bernie charges his Beam Cannon and shouts in a rage now, pushing from his fear as the Veteran he is. He waits for the shot…

"I’ll cook the woman on your say! Hang in there, Callistaaaa!!! Bernie shouts.

Markus palms one more grenade, a makeshift concussive grenade built with a payload of rubber pellets

“I’m giving you all the opening I can”

He shouts as he pitches the grenade past both combatants, However rather than letting it land as before Markus attempts to use his combat-stim enhanced speed to blast the explosive mid-air right next to the dark-side addled warrior and set off its explosive payload.

The rubber payload bursts out and slaps Larran from behind and she screams, force throwing Markus extremely hard into a wall about 10 feet away, but… is left open to Callista.

Callista takes the opening gladly, launching forward into a strike of unpredictable motion made all the more effective by Markus’s grenade tactic. In a burst of speed almost approaching that of the engine-propelled Larran, she zips ahead and whips one blade forward in a wide arc with incredible striking force as she twists the hilt of her saber into a half-circle spin in her palm.

The woman doesn’t even realize what happened yet as she screams and makes a stab, at nothing…but force throws Callista into a wall. It’s only then she realizes that her legs don’t move. She falls over and wonders why…only for a brief moment to be looking up at her own legs…

Colliding with the wall across from Larran, Callista hits with a heavy -wham- and drops to the floor afterwards, her sabers falling from her hands and sizzling as they turn off. The blonde jedi rests on the ground on her hands and knees, vision blurred and the room spinning around her while a searing pain scorches her side, suggesting that perhaps that stab didn’t miss as completely as it seemed.

After having been slammed into the wall Markus struggles for a moment but manages to lift himself back up with a cruel predatory snarl he lifts the barrel of his gun towards the bifurcated woman planning on denying her an open casket funeral in a moment of petty revenge, but perhaps in the drug-fueled haze or the concussive blow his vision blurs and for a moment he sees Sasri in this dark-side-addled mirialan girl. The thought stays his hand for just a moment, his arm trembling from the stims or conflict…but the moment of mercy passes and he very pointedly attempts to squeeze off a powerful charged shot at the woman’s skull.

The woman’s skull is nothing now but… nothing.

Meanwhile… Sandra has tears streaming down her face as she uses one of her weakest abilities, that of healing, to try and keep Darian from dying. When her own body gives out…she shakes him and cries out at him.

“You can’t die, okay? Y-You can’t die! Don’t leave me… Darian… Darian, you were the first one to tell me that being normal is special and make me believe it. You… Darian…”

“….San… dra… You’re so… beautiful. I can …die looking at you like this. That… would be okay…” Sandra squeaks sharply and shakes him

“Darian, stay awake! You have to stay awake!”

Bernie calls on comms for a Med team to come and to prep the ship in the background. He runs over to Callista to help her up .

“Callista! Are you alright? Markus! Are you alright there, lad?”

Markus doesn’t respond, instead pulling out the knife still lodged in his torso and stepping towards the corpse of the woman with some grizzly intent. It seems he hadn’t been kidding about collecting trophies, or perhaps the fact that this horror had momentarily defiled the memory of his long-lost friend had offended him.

“I-I think I… wha happened…?” Callista staggers to her feet, bleeding from her knife wounds and now from somewhere on her head. She stumbles, however, struggling to stay upright.

“D-Darian… get me to Darian. I can help, I… he needs…”

Darian whispers softly and looks up at the ceiling

“…You’re the… first woman I ever …l-loved. When I met you… those years ago…. Your hair was like the fire of… a red star. I’m… sorry. “

“S-Shut up! Just keep your breathing focused! The medics are coming, alright? You’ll get to be silly and flirty again later, idiot! Just be quiet!”

“…Little… red… head. I love you…” His eyes close as Bernie drags Callista over.

His life-force every so low. Callista drops to her hands and knees again by Darian, vision still blurring in and out as pain throbs from the back of her head. She has to help, though; she has to try. Wobbly and woozy, she reaches her hands forward over Darian’s chest and calls up what little concentration she can muster, trying her best to pour in some healing energies.

Bernie looks on his comms "

Callista, you have to hold out for 8 minutes! The med team is coming down the elevator! We can try to save him!"

Sandra looks on Darian and Callista, face wet with tears and tries to gather herself in this moment. She looks around as if realizing her situation and grabs at her own hair, struggling to regain concentration, though slowly getting there. Meanwhile, Bernie goes over to Larran and looks on the lost woman’s body. He picks up what ever he can from her and stuffs it in his shirt’s deep pocket.

Markus looks back to the group and then to his would-be victim…for now, he remembers himself and drops the knife. Stumbling back to the group.

“I can…try to give him something to stabilize him…” He reaches into his coat with shaken hands his eye-lids shifting between twitching and falling

“…Would be guesswork though, especially in…this state.”

Bernie picks up his cannon and sighs sadly.

“Best not to get in the lass’ way. Come here, son. The worst part of any job is the waiting. We have to hang on for 4 more minutes.”

He looks over to Bernie then over to Larran

“…So much pain caused by one person’s moral inequity.”

“No one likely know’s her story or how she came to be like this. There’s a whole lot that has to go wrong for ‘that’ to happen. It’s not too different you know… the line between good and evil. The only difference is one thought. The thought that what you’re doing is more right than anything else and forgetting about other’s realities.”

“She mentioned never being able to atone for what she’d done…” He mutters stepping towards the body “…In a way, I guess we’re similar. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel bad for her…I know she’s full of shit, just like I am.” As he speaks he walks up and spits on the corpse ruefully.

Bernie nudges Markus with the Cannon

“Have some respect for her and yourself, lad. The only time we’re equal is when we’re dead. Keeping up such gestures is one way to make way towards her mentality. She got what she deserved. Don’t wallow in that mind set.”

Callista squeezes her eyes shut, trying to push out the dizziness and fight her body’s urge to pass out while she carries on the healing.

“C’mon… I’m trying here…” she pleads blearily.

In the countdown… the elevator’s large doors open and a med team and security team of 3 come out. “He’s over here, by the Jedi!” The Med team rushes over to pick up where Callista is. They stick two tanks on the side and stick him in the neck and chest with their large needles. Another gets him on a stretcher and the tanks are placed under the stretcher’s lower base. They are all beckoned to get on the elevator.

The rest of the security team comes over to the body of Larran and…bag it.

Their expressions are severe and disgusted.

The 10 minutes on the elevator bring a quiet moment for them to stand quietly, the peace broken by the ding and then the med team rushing out. A hover-ship has cleared the roof of the manor in this section and links a lift to the med team, lifting them up. The rest of the heroes make their way to the Silver ship they came in.

It’s on the Silver Ship that Bernie speaks again.

"…I’m sorry you all had to go through that. You all did above and beyond anything I could have imagined any team doing.”

Markus, sprawled out on a chair in a post-combat-drug crash sighs “It’s all relative Bernie, I’m sure she won’t be the worst super-powered psycho we’ll have to tangle with…the universe wouldn’t be so kind.”

He glances to Callista and Sandra if they’re present

“Although I suppose I can’t speak, seeing as I didn’t get the worst of it.”

Sandra looks up at them, her eyes are filled with a blankness and sadness. She just nods a slight. Bernie comes over to her and tells her something with a hand on her shoulder.

“…Mission Complete, Agent.”

Whatever this means to someone like Sandra… these words make her look up at Bernie. Tears steam from her eyes again and she nods sagely. He nods at her and they exchange a sort of language only spies could do.

Callista sits off to one side, covered in bandages now including a wrap around her head from the nasty blow she took when thrown against the wall. Still dizzy and a bit out of it. The best she can really do at the moment is stay where she is, following the warnings against aggravating concussions, and look to the others with a mixed expression.

===============================

From here… the heroes are taken back to Mon Cal’s hotel and they have two days to rest in leisure. Whatever they do…they are called again to a meeting room in the penthouse of the hotel at the very top. They can look out at the land from the top of the hotel. The meeting table with the couches and fine drinks on the table are presented to them.

“Thank you for coming to the debrief. I hope you all had a chance to recover some. I have some news for all of you. WaveRunners are officially done. The rest of the group was rounded up or blasted in space attempting to escape. There’s nothing left of their operations here. You’ve done a service that I cannot properly thank you for. You’ve saved thousands of lives without them realizing they have been saved yet.”

Sandra looks a bit… better as she sits on her side of the table, her legs crossed, nursing a glass of wine.

Callista looks somewhat relieved, having been stewing anxiously on the outcome of this mission while recovering. Still, when she glances over towards Sandra, she looks a bit worried.

“Happy to help, sir… but… how’s Darian…?”

“Darian is in a coma right now, but he’s alive, for what that is worth. If you weren’t there to heal him and stall him, he’d likely be dead, lass. You don’t need me to tell you that you’re a bloody hero. And that’s coming from an old war hero in return. I can’t way when he’ll wake up…if he ever does, but I like to have hope.”

Bernie sits on the couch and takes a sip of whiskey, looking on them rather seriously. “For you all, I have a bit of something to tell each of you. Will you listen to this old man, one more time?”

Markus looks notably relieved to hear Darian is alive at least, some of his tension deflating at the news. After which he pulls out a baggie full of buffet shrimps and nods to the man

“Fire away, Sir.”

“First, Markus, I looked into your bounty. Can’t say I’m surprised, but I have a proposal for you. If you’re seeking redemption, I can help with that. Come work for me here at the Consulate and we’ll squeeze some of that Due Diligence from you. Can’t say the life of an Agent is safe and pretty, but maybe some getting shot will let you feel like you’re making that redemption.”

“Second, Callista, I’m writing a practically glow in the dark review to the Council. They will know what you did. And, if you ever need a favor or some from an old agent, let me know. I’m all yours. I owe you as much.”

“Third, Sandra, I have this for you…” He hands her an old looking datapad

“This is my memoir. I taught you how to be an agent when you were younger in the Council when your master brought you to me. Now, I want to show you how to be a leader. You won’t be a field agent forever, nor will your body let you, HAHA! So study this and when you finish it… let’s talk about your future.”

Bernie looks to everyone now.

“In life, you need Autonomy. Realization of where you stand and where you sit. The universe won’t hold your hand or let you even try to reach for that hand, so you have to make your friends, cut your ties, or make bonds as needed. You’re all brilliant in your own way, but if you don’t know how to make it on your own first, you wont do much better with a group. Realize your potential and your joys of life, then you can go squander it on risk and danger, heh. Find what makes you happy, strong, and bold, and live with it and without it. You’ll discover that through all of that… you love yourself and life even more than you realize.”

Sandra looks on the datapad and her mind swirls with thoughts, but after a moment she calm and looks on everyone. Markus looks to the others scratching the side of his neck in a bit of bashfulness at the offers, as well as the eloquent words.

“You’ve no argument from me…you’ve put to words how…i’d like to live my life. As for your offer, I’d like time to consider it…I have “living arrangements” with someone I might need to discuss, but…I would like to make myself useful, to be sure.”

Bernie looks to Callista now for her final thoughts.

“…Thank you, sir, I appreciate it. I’m just happy we were able to get Sandra out of there… and Darian, too.” She gives a soft, bittersweet smile.

He nods at Callista’s words

“We both had to see our redhead and her knight in shining armor through this.”

Sandra giggles softly and shakes her head.

“Then, dear heroes, you are dismissed. Mon Calamari thanks you! Dismissed!”

Sandra stands and with a smile nods to everyone and then goes to leave the room… Bernie goes back to his office and lets the pair go as they please otherwise.

“Sandra?” Callista looks over to the redhead before she exits, her voice quiet and smooth. As she keeps walking, though, the Jedi just gives a soft sigh and a half-smile.

Sandra looks over and smiles sadly to Callista before taking off. To where she’s gone, she sits on the very top of the hotel, having gone up the hatch to look out at the city as the night lights come on. Her mind swirls with questions as always, but in her heart…there is some sadness and peace. The hardest missions always bring such a sense. It’s hard to describe it any more, but she looks on Bernie’s Datapad and chuckles softly and shakes her head.

“…Autonomy. How to govern myself, huh. He’s like Beryn… making me thing about such introspective things. I think I’m realizing what they all mean now. What I need to accept in my own reality as I come to the heart of the Spy game. I don’t need to feel like i’m expendable and meant to just die. I’ll show then that I can do what I do and still love myself and life. I’ll pass on my teachings to future agents like Bernie does. I’ll be happy…”

FINAL THEME: Persona 5 the Animation ED/Ending 2 - Autonomy (Full Version)

First Love, Last Shot

Season End

3 Likes