Sandra Mana: 'Fix Em Up' Girl

Sandra clinks and clanks as she works on the piggyback system that was discussed with Tara and Verrac on Mon Calamari. The Harrier was well remade once the systems were fixed on their previous venture. The time taken is through about two day, but it feels relaxing to her. A sense of clarity and connection to the force through such a task.

“I could not imagine such a thing happening to Althea…losing an arm in an ambush suddenly planned. I was without words seeing her in the bacta, afloat. To think Seela manage to survive Shade twice. She is indeed persistent in the least. Seela walked away from the order, foolishly, in my opinion. There was ways to help Althea regardless. I do not expect them to make very rational decisions anyways of late. Mostly driven off emotional outbursts…”

Sandra hits her head on a low metal opening and rubs her forehead. She grunts lightly and moves some wires aside as she creates a subnetwork within the system for the piggyback signal to host from without compromising the main system.

“Tara got a nice and new arms now as a gift from Verrac…it was rather nice of him to do. It will at least help with self esteem if not making her easier to disguise or more effective in combat. She did seem much calmer today than most other days lately. I am glad for her…”

A wire sparks and she scolds it as if it would suddenly behave from doing so. All is in order again once the routine for the piggyback is up. She does some demo tests for a few hundred runs to make sure it will work in actuality. Sandra wipes off the metal oils from her hands as she sits up a moment against the wall of the ship.

The ship is empty and quiet with nothing but the hyperdrive’s humming and some console noises or bleeps. Her eyes close as she lets a long sigh. She recalls the times her Master and self would make repairs. A tear forms as she smiles, remembering the laughs and successes they had, though he mostly watched the repairs.

“I could tell Verrac is in pain. It is belief that There is No Death, through the force, but loss is still so, painful. It is a way of life to survive war, but I could never understand their feeling. Not truly. It is clear that Tara desires him as a Master, but I could never ask him in that condition. It is wrong to do so. I asked if he was well and I know he lied, but I do the same when asked about how I morn for my old Master. If we were to bond and become Master and Student…I want it to be natural for him and welcoming. To impose would be horrid. For now, I must nurse my own past before I can properly accept a Master also.”

Sandra lets her hair down after closing up a few panels and checking the stability of the network. With satisfaction, she lets the computer be with a pat, as if it could feel her content. She stretches and picks up her things. Sandra runs a hand on the desk as she goes to leave, and with a look back, she exits the Harrier.

2 Likes