Sandra Mana: Mind Scape

A 12 year old Sandra sits at bench with various tools. She builds her first lightsaber with her Twilek Master watching. He observes and only sits by her side for the hours she does. Sandra looks to him for approval to ideas, but all he does is smile or give her head pats. She huffs at this with a smile and resumes. The parts come together nicely. It’s a lot slower than the Jedi who were in her age group, but it was fine.

Upon completion, she looks at it and hands it to her Master who looks on it and nods gently. He pats her head and resumes to tease her.

“Not bad. Looks like you tried for once.”

“…Rude.”

“Hahaha! You did well, Sandra. Go on…”

He hands it back and she holds it upwards. A yellow beam comes out and her eyes and face glow with the brilliant hue that the lightsaber produces. It turns off and she looks to her Master with the same bright eyes. He chuckles lightly and nods.

=========================================

15 year old Sandra looks through the ship’s port as it drifts away from her Master during the Mando War. He waves as her younger self screams and cries, slamming her fists into the metal and watching him shrink in the distance.

Infront of Czerka Tower, a body falls infront of her and splatters on the ground. The body of Varrick, who had reminded her that she was a Jedi, truly. The blood on her hands and face were warm… and her scream following turns the scene Black…

On Serocco, Artemis puts a hand on her back. The dark haired woman with pale skin whispers something to her and Sandra’s hands unleash an insane amount of Force Lightning. The power was brilliant and satisfactory. It was sheer pleasure and amazement.

"I can teach you things that your fellow Jedi could never dream of."
"When you are nothing…You can be anything you want."
“The force truly is what it is. Stop doubting it. Stop fearing.
You do not have to, so stop thinking you do.
You are in control. Nobody else is.”

This scene fades to darkness as Sandra closes her eyes…

“You are WRATH. You’re a monster. That’s why I chose you, Sandra. That’s why i’ve done all i’ve done for you. I made sure you were Knighted far too early. I gave you the power to see within, and use the shadows. I gave you everything and it’s all because you are like me. Our love for the galaxy is what drives us.”

Sandra now sits next to Mart, holding hands and smiling to each other. She leans in to kiss him passionately and climbs into his lap. He runs a hand in her hair and she smiles with such a serene face before they kiss intensely again…

Sandra paces around several students while they dual in a small apartment. She instructs them and adjusts their forms, their positions, and more. After some hours of this, they sit on the ground exhausted. She barks something and they stand to resume. They are exhausted and tired, but they are dedicated. They resume and she smiles a bit to this.

In a room with lots of terminals, Sandra walks up to a monitor, seeing Artemis in a jail cell. Artemis looks up to her and smiles. They talk for a moment…

“You… You said you loved me. You were my Master! I gave you everything!”

“Fool, love is a distraction. It will tear you away from your best self. Love is unnecessary for what you have to do. You were my ultimate weapon…”

Sandra shuts her eyes as tears come to them, the screen going black again

Sandra wakes up suddenly, pointing her blaster and lays in bed with Callista. With a rapidly beating heart and sweat, she aims around the bedroom…nothing there. She looks to the sweet blonde who gently puts her hand on Sandra’s blaster and lowers it, then holding her gently and calming her. Sandra holds Callista in turn, pulling the blanket over them, blacking the scene…

Sandra looks on the corpse of Rai, the woman she’s seen rise and fall over and over… the one who struggled so much to find her place. She didn’t really adore Iradtoki, but she was a part of her upbringing that created a sisterly bond between them. Her hands touch the glass and her insides twist up. A dizzying sickness makes her black out…

========================================

Darian sits next to Sandra, smiling before Bernie and two soldiers walk up. It cuts to the scene where he’s gripping her arm for dear life, screaming and crying out for help. She feels sick again. Dizzy. Panic attacks coming. And when the he’s pulled off…he falls into darkness with the scene.

========================================

More memories swirl and Sandra lays on a long chair of light in a dark room of nothing. She opens her eyes and sits up rapidly, wearing the black tight body suit from when she fell to despair. She rubs her head and the room she’s sitting in seems to be a medical lab. In this room are holoshelves and various other things that look like a Psychologist’s room. Sandra finally makes eye contact with the Togruta woman who sits quietly.

“…I…”

“I repaired the links in your mind, Sandra Mana. You tried to shut out the memories in order to preserve your focus, but in the end, all you did was make it even harder and you lost yourself in a trauma. I am known as the DreamWeaver. My name is Moranga. I am from a particular tribe and have been working on Psychology for a long time. I was also trained in the Force many years ago. I believe that answers most of your questions.”

“…Ah. I…Where am I now? How long has it been? Bernie…?”

“It’s been about 16 hours since you were put to sleep. You are in the office of my private practice in Mon Calamari. How are you feeling, miss?”

“I feel…dizzy. Sad. Very…sad.”

“I understand, young one. Here is some water. Sit up and regain yourself. You’ve lived a troubled life, young Sandra.”

Sandra takes the glass of water and rubs her forehead a bit before she takes a long draw of the water. The glass is set aside and she gives her legs a rub before looking to Moranga anew.

“I am sorry you had to see these things. Ugh…I just…”

“No excuses are needed. Be at peace. Rest and recover your senses.”

“…So you…fixed my psyche or…something?”

“You closed off parts like veterans tend to do. Hiding the truth and replacing everything with lies to keep you encircled with an unconsciousness that works as self preservation.”

“I… My friends…they are going to be in danger soon. I have to…”

“You must rest dear. Your mind and body are not one, yet. Lay down, and trust that your friends and allies will believe in you, regardless of if you are in their ear or not. Believe in their strength as you have confident in yours.”

“…Thank you.”

Sandra lays on the long chair and looks up at the black polka dots on the ceiling. They were kind of cute and were distracting in their own way, but peaceful. The woman returns to her work and typing and messaging whom ever she was. Sandra closes her eyes and recalls the events of yesterday, feeling the onset of a panic attack, but calming a bit before so, breathing her way though. Afterwards, she falls asleep again… resting and recovering.

4 Likes