Sandra Mana: Students

Sandra returns to the house in the mountains and sees the pair asleep in her bed like a family, passed out and exhausted. Sandra smiles a bit at this and goes to change to her home clothes, shorts and a t-shirt. Sandra goes to one of the couches and plops face first into it with an exhausted grooooooan. Sandra INSTANTLY falls asleep in such a position.

Sandra wakes up not too long later with some drool on the side of her face. She looks around with some panic and then calms as she rubs her eyes and lays on her back, right leg hanging over the arm of the couch and the other lining down to the floor

“I am…utterly exhausted…even after that nap. I feel like I understand why Masters only take on one student at a time. John and Sylia are rather charged fellows. John is easier to manage because he really takes me seriously and follows directions properly. I think I have no real difficulty with him. I am so glad I chose him as my student! Teaching him is teaching me a lot also. With a few more weeks, I think I can get him past a youngling stage of martial training and late youngling force handling.”

Sandra rolls to the floor slowly and lays on her back on the wooden floor. Her red hair is spiraled out randomly on the floor as she lays there, looking at the ceiling.

Sylia is going to be an extreme amount of work. She has a strong affinity to the force, but she is extremely emotional and even harder to control. She has a tendency to try and test Lanari, but ends up the one being played. Sylia is not experienced in manipulation or figuring out what is or is not so. Even today, I feel like Knight Keyan seemed to interview Sylia, but I think she made herself look more difficult that she might really be. I wish she would listen to my advice more earnestly. I can offer her all the training I can, but without the control she will only hurt herself in the long run. I think her leaving Seela’s training was for the best though. Seela has no formal training aside what Althea and her new Master Hohenfel shows her. I bring my formal training from youth to them and have experience explaining things clearly.I will see. Sylia is learning from her mistakes and that is all I can ask in the least. I am just fearful that she will be tempted by something deeper than Dark Sided words.”

Sandra groans and covers her eyes with an arm

Keyan really helped me out today. He had really pleasant advice that will help me keep on with their training. I did not think I would be a good enough teacher, but he said to give it time and let the force guide them. I should really do so. I have given them a fair bit of work to do and their doing things together will really benefit each other. Keyan helped me get more practice in on Force Jumping. I really want to show Artemis that I am taking her very seriously. His advice made me much more confident in my long distance jumping. I need to work more on vertical jumps. My legs are sore from the landing. I need to work on this more also because I do not wish to break a leg or cause a fracture. At least it was in mud and water and sand again.”

A long squeal is let out as she bends her legs up a bit and knocks her knees together gently as she thinks about the rest of the day

“I had a nice lunch with Sylia and John also. It was rather hilarious! They both have some sort of feelings for me and it is complicated. I do not know how to properly react. I am keeping them at a distance, but I think I like John. It is a bit of an annoyance to feel such, but I will manage. And then Lucas asked me to make some gear for him. He took me out as thanks for the design and walked me home. He kissed me suddenly. I was rather shocked, but again, I was unsure how to react. I will see what happens in the morning when we go running again. I am sure he likes me now also.”

Sandra sits up and lays on the couch again and lays on her side, staring at one of the mats on the wooden floor. A hand runs through her messy hair, and each strand falling is observed. Like a red waterfall of satin strings…how the fire of life burned in her and the hair. Sandra’s hand falls to the floor as her Emerald gaze stares into nothing

“After running, I think I will do more jumping practice and write up more training plans for the duo. They work well together, I should use that to my advantage. I am very curious to what Artemis will show me next. I really would like some lightsaber training next. I will have my hands full with my force training also as the pair are doing my busy work. I just need to be patient and let time happen. I have been so busy that I have not thought on Duskhaven much or my sadness rom Verrac’s death. It seems reality is so persistent that it crawls on, leaving those behind who deny it. The Force flows through all and keeps forward with the march of time.”

“So tired…”

Sandra closes her Emerald eyes and takes a soft breath before passing out on the couch.

4 Likes

Sandra sits in her house at the back, crying into a pillow most of the night. The weight of the evening picked up on her and drove her to such extreme frustration. She throws the pillow and hugs her legs as she looks on Verrac’s lightsaber with soft tearful eyes.

John was doing so well. I did not realize the loop holes I left open for John and Sylia to end up falling for each other. I am an idiot! I was so blind. I should not have let Sylia and John become so close to each other in a romantic way. I am such an idiot!!!”

Sandra wipes some tears and hugs the saber

“I asked them to separate because Sylia would be a distraction for John, and what I feared so happened. John was going to off himself because he felt such deep pain from that break up. I caught up with him before he could do so. I think I got them to finally see the dangers of romantic and selfish love. I was sure to make a point to John though. I cannot fail him. He has the making of a great Jedi and I feel like failing him would just wreck me. I need to be stricter. I have been handling him gently and with care, but how much is too much? How do I know?”

Sandra shouts out loud and punches her thigh in frustration, panting tiredly as tears still fall

“What do I even do with Sylia…? She is learning and understanding her mistakes, but the cost is becoming heavy. I need to figure out a way to manage her, but I know now that I cannot have control on her. She is a drastically free spirit compared to John who follows and listens perfectly. I know she will eventually be tempted by the Dark Side, because it will be so. I can just hope my lessons and advice motivates her so against such things. Keyan said to be patient and give it time…I hope it is not too much longer.”

Her red hair drapes over her face with little management. She holds her legs again and sets the saber hilt aside. She disappears on and off as her urge to vanish takes hold, but is controlled after some time

“I no longer know how to approach their training. I may need to separate them and have them mingle around with other people to weaken their romantic tie a bit. Maybe if they just are not next to each other EVERY day and each hour…maybe it will help some. Perhaps Lucas’ idea will be good for this.
I need to give them so much to do that they will not think on such things or a long while, perhaps. I am rather flustered and annoyed, because what I imagine to happened has happened…again.”

Sandra lets her legs fall slowly and she adjusts her low cut shirt a slight. A hand pushes the hair wall from her face as she takes in the darkness of the room.

“I need some time away from them, perhaps. My own training needs some push. I think tomorrow, I will try the long jump for a few hours, work on stealthiness by tree shadows and building shadows, and do some high jumps. This should do after the morning run and meditation. They have enough to do anyways. They do not need me every bloody day…”

“…Do I have what it takes to do this? How was it like, Verrac…?”

Some hair is huffed aside as she punches her thigh again. Sandra slouches into the couch a bit and falls sleep uncomfortably

4 Likes

Sandra stands in front of a long mirror and looks at herself in the mirror with a mellow Emerald gaze. The person in the mirror looks back with the same gaze. A slight adjustment of her collar is made and a soft breath escapes after. Sandra takes the tie out of her hair a moment as she takes the brush through it. The same mellowed and expressionless gaze is retained as the brush streams through the satin streams as the light glimmers upon it.

It is 30 mins of these delicate strokes before she ceases. A hand gently glides through her hair as another sigh is released. She makes for the bed and sits on the side, removing her tough shoes that endure the mountain. Gloves are set aside with a careful precision. Boots are placed next to each other, exactly 1 inch apart.

A deep breath is taken as her mind wanders the day’s events. Mostly so she thinks on Sylia, who’s actions have driven her to frustration to day. Sylia is a student who needs a firm hand unlike John who tends to manage well on his own. Sylia had found herself in Lanari’s gaze again due to her foolishness. But it did not matter. Sylia could not understand Lanari if she deeply wanted to. It is too much for the purple lass who needs truth dragged upon her face. But these thoughts would already say more than is needed, so Sandra slides off the light brown cloth skirt and sets it aside. Then her shirt goes before she lays in the bed.

Her emerald gaze peers into the dark room.
She liked it dark, really dark.
But she was not afraid of this.
It was comforting.
Relaxation to her eyes and mind.
No one could see her.
She could be alone, pleasantly so.

Her thoughts wander of her childhood. The days in the Temple on Coursaunt and the Roof of a Thousand Fountains. The natural yet man made structure was playing her mind. How she would hide from her master with giggles only to be found soon. The hiding games were a training in a way, but he would make it fun. He would somehow appear behind her and tap her shoulder as she screamed then laughed. He would fold his arms and smirk.

It was only after this flashback in her mind did she realize that her cheeks were wet, and the pillow a slight where tears ran. Sandra lets a small sigh of air out and turns on her side. Her gaze in the mirror is not met by anyone in return this time, though she is clearly in sight. Why was she hiding? Who was she really…the woman who looked back in the mirror? Instead…she closed her eyes and let the past fade again to what it is, the past. Just the past…

“…That is just how it goes…” a faint whisper before silence

4 Likes

Sandra sits outside on a chair under the visor of her home in the morning as a thunderstorm slowly dies down. The rain scattering all over. Her eyes look to the effect on the ground as she sips some hot tea.

“They are doing well. John is nearly ready for formal training when his time comes. Just need to let him do drills and sustain his lifestyle. He does not need me for that anymore. He knows the meditate and practice the basic stances of Shii-Cho.”

Sandra closes her eyes and sips the tea again and sighs pleasantly at the warmth of the drink.

Sylia is coming out well, for the most part. She has gained certificates in several studies, can handle basic force handling and has had a major attitude adjustment from her epiphanies. She had an outburst again, so I gave her a final scolding on the matter. If she brings it up again, I will consider what kind of friendship we do have. Otherwise, I think I will try a foreign language lesson with her. Keyan made that sound quite fun. I will enjoy it, but otherwise, I do not have much more I can show her. She will just have to keep practicing all the past lessons over and over again. She thinks she mastered the techniques, but it is not so. One cannot be a master before being a Knight.”

Her legs cross before she rests the tea cup’s base on her thigh. A small breeze blows some strands of red hair lightly and she takes a breath of the crisp air. Sandra looks at the Temple in the distance.

“Miss Jaina is a fascinating person also. She is very sweet and has a hunger to learn that is rather intense. A place at Althea’s temple was offered, but she ended up staying at my house. Her mother was a Jedi, so I wonder what she will be like. Her determination to be a Jedi Guardian is rare, but John wishes for the same route. Keyan was right though, she should not have pre-notions for what she could be. I hope her research proves to be interesting though as she clearly has potential. Also, she was sparing today and it was beautiful. I was mostly busy crafting, but when I looked, she was so elegant. I could watch her all day. I hope Sylia’s romantic notions do not rub off on her as they did John.”

“So, speaking of sparring, I went up against Lucas and John in a hand to hand duel. Lucas could not keep up with me in then end, but John did so well. He is really with the brute force, but he kept up with me. In the end he tackled me and put me on my back and looked at me with a smirk and those bright eyes. I think I was amorous for a moment staring back at those deep eyes that gazed on me, but I gathered my thoughts and pressed on. I know he adores me, but I…I ah…goodness me, perhaps I am still waking up.”

A cute squeak of a yawn escapes her as she stretches a slight. A hand rapidly pushes her skirt down as the next breeze comes by

“Ah…the other day, Knight Nulaa, Knight Keyan, and some mystery fellow seemed to have been in a meeting before my feeble attempt to eavesdrop. Err…anyways, I brought them to see John and they seemed well with him. I was so glad! Nulaa offered to test him a duel. Of course John was wiped with, but she seemed impressed enough for his level.”

“Then Althea wanted to duel. She fought intensely and then tried to do something with closing her eyes and it went all downhill from there. It was still fascinating to see the techniques play out. Remembering the slashes that Verrac had on his body…I felt a moment of anger, but watching her get wiped soon after was satisfying.”

“Then the mystery Jedi and Nulaa dueled at such a lightning speed. It was like watching the duels in the Hall of a Thousand Fountains or in the training halls. I felt my heart flutter at the possibilities of what I could possibly do some day with Artemis’ guidance. I felt a spark of inspiration.”

“Lastly, I was considering dueling Nulaa also, but…I felt something inside me look to Keyan and I asked him to duel. It felt right in many ways. The way we dueled relied less on saber combat and took more of my creativity and other methods to go up against him. By the end, I was out of the few tricks I could pull in a small hallway and I knew I was done. We all laughed it off and all spoke for a little while after before dispersing.”

Her emerald eyes gaze upon the sky a bit as the thunderclouds begin to slowly disperse and the morning’s sun begins to poke out. This brings a small smile to her face before her eyes return to the simple tea cup. A small dark scuff on the pure white makes her blink a bit, but she ignores it after.

“I need to practice even more now. Since Sylia and John do not have much need for me now, I can really hammer down and get to work. Today, I will run three miles around the mountain, work on Shii-Cho lessons from Nulaa, some Jumping lessons and vanishing from Artemis, and a bit of meditation and force practice inspired by Keyan’s ideals in it against Saber combat. I have the means for achieving a strong future, I only need to do so. I will work hard for Artemis, but also for myself, for those who Verrac tried to protect, for those who have little means to guard themselves, for serving the Force. I will be the one who pulls the evils of the universe from its root.”

“I need to keep focused. I just need to keep focused, but I…I do not always know how. I want to just crush all these ‘feelings’ I have, but it is so difficult! How can people be so inspired by me? I do not understand. How can people be falling for me? An annoyance I will have to deal with eventually. I need to be careful. I have to live a more solitary life and the life of a Spy does not condone such deep connections! I have even recieved gifts! What does one who is not suppose to have a traceable life do with GIFTS? I cannot keep them in the house. If someone breaks in and looks for ways to identify what I am doing and find pictures of places, people, trinkets or something then it will be easier to hurt others I care for rather than just try and find me. Aggravations! They are all fools for trying to get my romantic attention. Yet, what makes me even more frustrated is that it is affecting me. What in the Force’s existence do I do with a bloody crush?!”

‘Oh hello, we will have a brilliant romance as I roam the galaxy hunting evil and dark things, but yes, I will be back each weekend for TEA AND SEX for our deeply meaningful relationship!’

Sandra lets a long frustrated sigh as she gazes at the hillside with annoyance now. She sets the cup aside on the ground and takes calming breaths. The weight of all these feelings begins to press on her to make a decision

“I will figure this out. I must. I have the means to do so! I do! I may need to figure out a way to cut down these suitors. Perhaps if they survive the culling, it might be worth thinking of. Meanwhile Training! TRAINING TRAINING! Serenity!”

Sandra stands with a deep breath and goes to get changed for her vigorous day of exercise and dynamic training…only training.

4 Likes