Sandra Mana: Sympérasma

M O O D Music (Parasite Eve)

Sandrs stands in the shower and looks on the holes in which the water cycles from. She ponders on the day as a whole…

In any kind of covert, intelligence operation, it’s important to be careful of what you wish for. The information that you fight so hard to get, may be everything you wished for, or it may just make your life more complicated.
When you work in intelligence, you get used to the idea that some information is worth risking everything for. You sign up for the lifestyle, or the chance to serve the universe, or the millions of frequent-flier miles. But finally, it all comes down to putting your ass on the line to learn something.

“…Finally, something was found. A single redacted file with a name and the one who is denied the information. I can begin to take measures in finding out what is happening, because now I know the Jedi Order was keeping her from me.”

A hand is ran through her wet hair and she lets the water run on her face for a moment

“I understand why though. It is because of their notions to attachment and emotional control. It is as Beryn says…I lack self discipline in the end despite whatever talent or supposed genius I may have. I just wanted to know what my false training meant from Artemis. To hear her say that she lied to me from her own mouth. To hear that she was sorry or that she was not sorry at all. To hear the sound of her voice acknowledging her use of me in any scheme she had. It’s all I wanted… and yet I cannot want.”

Sandra slams a fist into the metal of the refresher wall and stares at the floor as the water spirals into the drain

Prisoner Log: Artemis transferred to [redacted]. Top secret level. Exclusion: Diana.

One of the problems with stealing information is that it’s usually someone else’s job to keep that information safe. It doesn’t matter how clean your getaway is. There’s always a chance someone else will get blamed for what you did.

Kross suffered to get his hands on this single piece of information. He said he has to go up against three Sith Lords and escape. I do not know the totality of what he did to find this, but it seems some Sith may know about Artemis. Artemis never seemed like the type to work for the Sith, but I knew she disliked the Jedi also. She wanted to Kill Revan together, but I imagine the cost would be insane. Now…I’m looking to find her and make her spit out the words i’ve been dreaming to hear. Even if its a few seconds with her, it is all I need. Kross seems to be my partner in this now, and it seems…we will go the distance.”

The shower is turned off and the elegant woman exits the refresher in an open bathrobe. She sits at the table and looks on her bare legs a moment. A data pad is lifted and she begins doing some research on “Prison Systems” and “Prison Planets”.

Of course, you have the ones that everyone knows about and the ones that are snooped out by journalists, but no one talks about Jedi or Force prisoners. Then she remembers…The Jedi Covenant were the ones Artemis were related to, but who were they? If they shared her mind, then they at least disliked Sith to some degree. But then…how do you find a Jedi who Hates Sith? Asking around too much would be suspicious, but it is like minded that they do not wish to be found so simply either. Meanwhile, she knew Kross was going to do some digging of his own on Jedi who were particularly aggressive against the Sith lately.

“There is one final approach. Politicians who have a sake to gain for capturing someone as dangerous as Artemis. Someone associated with the Jedi Order through the Republic who is willing to write Artemis off as a redacted statement. Time to look up some names…”

Eventually the information spies obtain usually ends up in the hands of a politician. The relationship between spies and politicians is never easy but they need each other. By themselves secrets are just words. Covert intelligence is only as powerful as the person who uses it.

“Let’s begin…”

2 Likes

M O O D Music (Shu’s Theme - Arc The Lad)

Sandra lays mindmaps on the interior of her ship to analyze the information she has from Kross, suggestions from Kho, and basic information gathering about prison systems that was publically available. A hand runs on the pages and her datapad run image captures of prison walls and even possible internal layouts. This looks like the set up for the average madman, but it’s not uncommon for law enforcement or detectives to have “War Walls” with information to draw correlations or debate visual data.

As a spy, you get to spend a lot of time alone. Whether you’re in an Viscaran prison, a cave in the Tatooine mountains, or the back of a cargo speeder, it comes with the job. You’re trained to make the most of it, plan your next move, go over your intel, review your training, but, when you’ve cleaned your blaster and lightsaber thirty times, and reviewed the past tense of every verb in five languages, you start itching to make a move.

“Kho had an idea about sonic mining into a wall, but we’re still lacking information on the interior and I don’t have any intent on freeing Artemis either. She deserves to rot in that prison and when you fail as a spy, you either end up dead or in a hole no ever finds you from again. I have faith in Kho and Kross. Even if it ended up being Kho, myself, and one other, I feel like this is possible now. Kho is reviewing the Large Transmitter I saved from that Mandalorian with the purple lightsaber and sniper rifle. It would be a nice way for Kho to Jam and make distractions. He just knows these things.”

Sandra comes to a small part of the “War Wall”

Getting into a secure facility is as simple as giving yourself a good reason to be there.

“The plan. We’re going to try something Kho suggested. We’re going to create a technical issue or the prison in regards to comms. He’s going to use the weather to his advantage. A higher moisture in the atmosphere can cause a lot of rust and technical issues. Then, we, being myself and someone or Kho and myself, will come in as the maintenance team to resolve the issue. I’ve been working on these false ID tags that should like to a small server that would take a day or so to devise and send a feedback of a positive read. Even if it ends up not checking again in a few weeks, we just need it for a day or two.”

“We get in, find and ‘fix’ the issue while finding or at least speaking to Artemis, and then leave through the front door as Kho ‘resolves’ their issue from the outside. It’s not a flawless plan, but it’s one with good openings for improving. The rest is just basics. Acting, honest lying, technical know-how, and putting on a good show.”

A few more rounds of pacing reminds her more than ever that this is possible because of others. While she disliked this notion, she was appreciative of her allies and…friends. Sandra sighs in some relief and in pure fear, but in the end, all they can do is try. If her training ever meant anything, now is the time to show Artemis and herself that she was no longer the student…

2 Likes

M O O D Music (Parasite Eve 2: M.I.S.T.)

Sandra looks on all the final data and plans. It is done.

Tomorrow is the day. We will be making a tactical operation against a Black Box prison with only enough intel to formulate a minor external plan. I dislike it, of course, but when the operations demands it, you have to be willing to roll with the punches.

You are WRATH. You’re a monster. That’s why I chose you, Sandra. That’s why i’ve done all i’ve done for you. I made sure you were Knighted far too early. I gave you the power to see within, and use the shadows. I gave you everything and it’s all because you are like me. Our love for the universe is what drives us.

“I may be these things, and no one has to acknowledge it but me, yet now this monster will show you that for all the love and power you have forced into me, I will have made it my own. If I cannot do this then… maybe I was not truly meant to be the one who would stand against the purest of Darkness and evil. Maybe i’ll just be the one who ends up in obscurity, the one who fads away, fades to the nothing I ordain to be every time I use the Force Cloak.”

Kho is going to be my co-op leader. He will lead the outside team with Miss Ira and Quillisk. They will devise the tech and issues caused for me to have enough time to settle finding Artemis. Kho knows to pack up and leave if everything goes mad. I doubt any of them want to spend their lives in a Maximum strong hold. He’s been one of my biggest supporters, and whatever happens tomorrow, I know that crazy Cathar will continue to make genius works aside from his quirkiness. He worries that Callista won’t cut it, but I hope his doubts are in vain. His genius for odd tech and creativity were always a compliment to my ambitions to create as a means of subterfuge. For the time we have know each other, we’ve never really had any doubt for where we stand with each other. And, if this is the last time, he’ll make it interesting.”

Callista…It is hard to properly describe her, but I know that I can depend on her. I adore her… alas, she will have a heavy burden. I have tried to show her several things that will help, but time will tell how well we can work together in this regard. No matter what, I will make sure she gets home.”

“And…me. I do not know what seeing Artemis for one last time will mean or do to me, but I won’t know until I try. So, let us see what the universe has for me…”

Sandra looks on the Infamous Raven Scarf. Her hand runs on it and is adorned once again as it wraps around the redhead…

4 Likes

Looking in a mirror, a woman looks back in return. Sandra finishes the draft of her resignation letter and gazes one last time as the Sandra she had known for the last lifetime of being a Jedi. She says aloud now, to confirm her new identity and acceptance…

“My name is Sandra Mana… and I used to be a Spy”

FIN

Ending Song (Parasite Eve, End Theme)

6 Likes