Sandra Mana: Tired

Kitty Kallen: Are you Looking for a Sweetheart

Sandra returns home and drops her bag and things on the floor.
She meanders to the desk to check her messages, but mostly ignores them as they play. It is finally she goes to the room and throws the shirt and robes off her back over the mirror. A hand runs over her aching body and stretched mind. She sits now on the couch and takes off her boots and sash and gloves, discarding them next to her on the couch.

“Aedan and Ira…are a pair. I am utterly exhausted. Aedan was just as rough to work with and speak with and immediately before Irad. I think I should just sleep for a few days…”

It’s tough to get someone to compromise their values in only a couple
of meetings. The only way to do that is to compromise a few values
of your own.

She goes to the mirror and begins to brush her long red hair. The words Irad had said stung quite well, but that was the point…to make her and Aedan unleash upon her. But it was a necessary thing. Besides…her sacrifice was needed for their benefit. So hurt feelings and deep wounds would be fine for the evening or a few days. But the news playing in the background barely drowns out her thoughts.

“97…98…99…100…”

Sandra finishes her hair and throws the comb on the couch a distance away and goes to shut off the messages and news. Then her body slowly slides into bed. She just stares at the ceiling as sleep fails to come. Her legs cross and a foot bounces lightly in the air as she gives up and takes the datapad from her desk. So she resumes listening to the news, because that is her duty. Her duty to be informed so a good spy can make strong and informed decisions for herself and the group.

Was that all on her mind though? It did not matter. Nothing did. Only the missions do now and with the attacks on the Republic, everything was a side note aside from the missions. It is what made think past the pains and suffering. So it is as she said…Duty will feed her.

Sandra wakes up suddenly and holds out her blaster as she sits up and looks around the room, the blanket held against her breast and red hair as a curtain. The room is empty…tonight. She plops on her back and puts the blaster under her pillow as she just lays there now…news still playing under the sheets.

“…More sleep.”

3 Likes