Sandra Mana: Training Arc

You are WRATH. You’re a monster. That’s why I chose you, Sandra. That’s why i’ve done all i’ve done for you. I made sure you were Knighted far too early. I gave you the power to see within, and use the shadows. I gave you everything and it’s all because…you are like me.

Sandra flies around in her ship for what feels like hours. The star ocean opening up like an embrace from a dark blanket that peeked a light on occasion. Master Nulaa came to her, as someone who knew the feeling that Sandra had. While her words did reach in some way, it was Sandra’s own failure to address the problem that had some to Viscara that was a reason Keyan passed. She had been spending all of her time teaching and being passive about the threat that had arrived. Her own training was neglected out of wanting to teach more than achieve her own past goals. It was time to make a change and remember…

Have you ever felt so powerful? I know you haven’t. I brought you to Soraco to show you what I truly am. We are monsters, my dear. But we are monsters that will bring the galaxy to heel. We are monsters that destroy monsters. And I promise you, if you follow in my footsteps, you will bring balance.

It was well that she was given time to ‘cool off’, because now instead of focusing on a singular revenge plan, she could focus on a greater plan. The one to pull root and stem the darkness that lurked the universe. To remove the Sith and their Artifacts from existence. They would think she was just training and minding herself, but no. One Sith was truly not the deeper issue. So it is time to learn what she had missed for being knighted too early. The deeper mysteries of the Force and the Self.

The Force is a tool. The Jedi use it to keep peace, but The Shadows…more accurately, The Covenant, use the Dark to destroy the Dark. Imagine, confronting Rathi…with THIS power. What incredible change and peace could you bring?

“I need to return to where she showed me the truth. I need to find a way to connect with the darkness, so that I cannot be manipulated anymore through dark pressure. And to find a deeper light, so that I can master the Force Cloak to the degrees Master Artemis had planned for me. I’m the only one who can do so now. There’s no one to teach me… No one to push my techniques and methods. Unless, I find the Jedi Covenant, who Artemis seemed to be a part of. I have left the students with Althea for now. She is more than capable now to guide others. Althea’s experience is extremely valuable and they will learn much from her in the meantime.”

Sandra lands her ship on Coruscant by Tower of First Knowledge

“I need to complete my training. To do that, I need a teacher. The best teacher aside from a physical one are those of the past. Those who left their records in the archives. As a Shadow, I have particular access through Artemis’ means. Knowledge is power, as they say…”

Sandra approaches the tower and uses her I.D. in particular to gain access to the training lessons mid way or so through the tower. She browses the archives for hours on techniques of the light side that she does not yet have any training in. These being techniques Artemis had planned to show her, such as Mind Tricks and Advanced Lightsaber Artes.

2eafb6dbc0a1f65eb16ecb872b025bee

There were thousands of holovids and notations on various ways to properly train, but she would have to get…creative. Regardless, this would take some weeks. By doing this, she was likely leaving everyone alone with the Sith. Kho did have a point in that distancing herself was a fair idea, but if they failed anyways… she would be back. Sandra returns to the ship once she has the information she needs.

“Alright, I need to organize all this. What order and what place will be best to practice? I should begin with Mind Tricks. Jedi learn this fairly early on, and it was my own early promotion that had me missing this lesson. Keyan was rather good at this, but i need to understand it more. Force Persuasion and Voice Manipulation are two that I will focus on. These will make me a better spy without needing to dip into the Dark Side.”

LightsaberTechniquePainting-SWG

“In actuality, I am only moderately trained. It is why I tend to lose against more advanced users, aside from moments of uncanny connection to the Force or getting help from others. I know a few tricks, but in terms of raw skill, I am severely lacking, in comparison to a real Master. I have the authority of a Master, but little else aside from my usefulness to the Order, directly. I will attend the lightsaber forms I have only begun and push to learn the last form’s introduction. This will likely take the longest time without a teacher, but the vids are detailed in the least.”

It is with this organization of information that makes her consider Tatooine as a training location due to lack of Jedi Jurisdiction and places to hide in great number. It is also a place with various people who live to mind their own business along with being softer minded. This will be a good place to practice the tricks of the mind without much attention.

Tatooine
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 10.44.15 PM

Sandra gets various supplies from a shop under a false name and outdoor equipment. With this, she makes her way into the desert. She travels carefully through the desert to a particular spot with some coverage from storms. A rocky section of wall that is curved in a fair bit and blocks the suns for most times of the day.

Sandra lays in the tent and looks up at nothing in particular. She folds up and begins a long meditation

4 Likes

The days are long in the desert, but the training is longer. Most days are filled with lessons from holovids or reading about particular methods of dueling. The nights are filled with wandering the cities and attempting to use persuasion force to will minor things like picking up side trash on the streets or nodding to others. Minor suggestions that would not be unwilling for most people, nor very disruptive to their day. Many attempts are not very successful, but there’s always a beginning.

The days of study are followed by periods of rest and meditation. This is usually a good time to draw upon the light energies of the Force to practice the Force Cloak more intently. Meditating while in the Cloak was always the way she was shown. Aside from this would be rest and the normal nourishment seeking at local cafes or just a snack on occasions.

It was always easy for her to remain ignored or lost in a crowd even before learning the Force Cloak. It was one of the reasons she was taken as a Padawan in the first place.

Mourning the death of someone you knew is complicated enough when the spy was a trusted colleague or friend; but it’s even more difficult when it was someone you loved. When you find someone you can trust absolutely, you want them on every operation you do. And nothing hurts worse than losing a friend to lightsabers, politics, or something personal. But when you have to work alone again, you lock those feelings away and do the job at hand.

“Master Keyan was there for me when I was barely a Padawan again. When it came to Jedi, he showed me how to be more cunning and to rely on more than combat to accomplish my goals. He was quite capable with mental artes and blade alike, despite the playful or passive measures he displayed when around. It was a wound I did not expect to feel, because he felt invincible to me.”

“In this case, I don’t have any way of saying farewell again…just like with Verrac or those others who have passed. Seems the curse of everyone I care for tends to pass. Mart and Althea are…the only ones left. I had sworn to never make such connections again, and while it is truth still, it does not undo the past ones. It is as she told me… that the Force should be my only companion. Even Keyan noted to trust in the Force and let it guide me.”

Sandra stands up in the desert night and turns on a holo before resuming her training. Looking on the cyan of her saber… the color she had connected to Keyan and Artemis as her deeper influences. She would bare it so… their torch.

4 Likes

Sandra spends days training alone on Tatooine when she is not sparingly on Viscara. She is very careful to practice her persuasion on people gently and the evenings are filled with lightsaber arte studies.

Sandra thinks to herself as she moves her lightsaber through the air

“I was a bit careless to openly use darker methods against the Sith. Beryn is someone I will have to mind what I say. I will play the nice girl for now and regain the ground lost. Meanwhile, I have found Artemis and she will introduce me to the secret Jedi Covenant so that I may advance my training of various force and saber artes. I wonder when she will arrange the meeting. Otherwise, I will resume light focused training to keep suspicions off me for a time.”

After the saber studies, she goes to meditate for the night. In the morning, she goes to a nice rocky overhang where a long shadow runs and goes to take up meditation for practice of the Force Cloak. The voice of Artemis rings in her mind…

Focus on that feeling, the horrible feeling of being nothing and contributing nothing. You are nothing, because none of them need you. They never did. You don’t need them either. You just need yourself and the Force. You just need that feeling to veil you.

She vanishes in the shadow and lets the feeling of being nothing wrap her existence. The flood of light sided energy engages and she is gone. She is nothing. She is perfection.

Nothing matters because you’re one with the Shadow. You’re nothing and everything at the same time. You will make an impact without being seen… float away.

Wandering nothingness has become almost second nature. The Cloak is an extension of her. She recalls the time she first became aware of her ability…

Artemis speaks with a barely padawan Sandra on Viscara on the mountain side near the crater

“There’s a lot of techniques to the job, but you have a very special gift. Are you aware of it?”

“Um…some say its patience or willingness to listen.”

“No, not that. It’s actually a rare and unique ability to every user of it, and no Shadow Does it the same. It is called Force Cloak. One in a billion people are able to naturally do it.”

“Um…ah…I suppose I just kind of leave people’s minds during larger socal events or such. I get kind of ignored…”

“Yes, it’s partly because you literally disappear from people’s senses. You just don’t notice it. I can teach you to control it. Followed by spying, combat, investigation, and Force manipulation. You will spend much time in the Jedi Archives as you study and grow, because you’re being trained by Me.”

Sandra reawakens in the early evening and looks around at the lower shadows. She gets up and wanders the nothingness of the desert…just her and the Force, as it always was. Her mind did wander to Rothel, Callista and Ashi, who were relying on her for advancement.

Rothel, he has changed a fair bit and showed me that he can be relied upon on his own. He’s made such progress in only a few months that he needed less direction in training. He only needs some more experience now using what he’s learned.

Callista was a curious case. Her ‘condition’ makes her fairly unique in that many examples of Force studies are about trying to visualize something when she can actually ‘see’ it. This could make training her in certain artes far easier. Majority of the training would focus around improving her combat and force mastery and deeper control.

Ashi is a curious case. She was favored by many before leaving for a fair while. I was going to make her my Padawan, but this time…she is not the only prospect unlike then. While she is seeking Guardian studies, something Althea excels with, she curiously desires my guidance instead. Ashi has been one of the very few people who really meets me in a sarcastic way. We used to speak in tongue and most would wonder what we meant. I think she is someone I wished to really bond with before, but of course, I have no desire to be anything with people when I am “nothing”.

“May well wander around and clear my mind. I can only wait now and see what the Force has in mind for me…”

For a spy, loyalty is a strange thing. Your job is to deceive, to live among your enemies, to perform dark deeds for a noble purpose. And it’s that purpose that guides you through the darkness. When you lose sight of that, the darkness is all there is.

2 Likes

Sandra pants exhaustedly as she finishes her own training for the day. She returns to her ship and leans against the cool metal walls that offer some temporary relief to the strain. Her mind is quite unclear as she continues to think of Artemis and the training she’s been given. No one has told her it was…wrong, nor has anyone helped or offered her a way to find Artemis

“Besides training for weeks… I have not found anything about Artemis. I have bothered shady groups, local thugs, gangs, and more. Lurking and stalking in many places to find her. Yet, I have no leads or anything. It is frustrating. I cannot rest until I find her or someone who knows anything about what she was doing and why she picked me. I was asked by Nulaa if I trusted the Order and despite their failing in securing my own communications, which was hacked by various groups, they have also neglected to let me know more about Artemis despite telling me she is a traitor. A traitor who trained ME.”

Sandra kicks a chair over and sits in one that’s left standing. She looks on her datapads with various mindmaps and what may well be a warwall of information about what she knows about Artemis, yet nothing proved useful. She examines this for a good while and sighs in defeat

“I can hardly focus much on anything else… my whole career was designed by a traitor. What does that say of me? What kind of Jedi was I ‘supposed’ to be otherwise? They say i’m exceptionally talented, but to what cause?”

“Aside from my lack of concentration, I have seen a vid from Viscara regarding the Sith and…it inspired an idea. If Artemis is a traitor, then the Sith are likely the ones she’s been colluding with. It may be beneficial to meet with some Sith to see what I can learn if the Order does not get back to me in a few days or if any other leads keep burning out.”

Sandra sighs and goes to the refresher to clean up

The following weeks are filled with two things, hunting for Artemis and training. She had rolled over several dozen small criminal organizations to find any hinds or doings of Artemis or someone of her liking, but it was all for nothing aside from the police of various cities ‘finding’ many criminals either on their door step or with base locations. Otherwise, she has failed in her hunt…

On another note, weeks of training in the arte of basic force telepathy techniques and things she had missed were certainly part of her now. Nights in the desert training for hours while the days were filled with hunts. Yet, she felt wrong. Perhaps it made sense why things ended up the way they did. But it didn’t matter. All she knew was how to do things like Artemis. Of course, it was efficient. Yet, her methods were not very…“Jedi”. One could debate the effectiveness though as Artemis was quite successful for so long in her hiding.

“I have practiced and pushed all I can with my own faculties and these holocrons. I have advanced my blade artes some and pushed the Force Cloak to however I was taught. I shall make this ability my own. I suppose all I can do is…see if it meant anything. If I can mean anything outside of Artemis’ influence to rub me in the dirt. Maybe my ‘spy’ days will be over for all I know.”

Sandra returns to her ship on Tatooine for the night and having packed up all her things from the planet, she felt fairly ready to return to Viscara and find out what has been.

Some time later, she returns to Viscara, only to learn various odd facts and information from Callista, Mart, and …Master Keyan. Sandra considers the events of her first few hours and sits alone after spending a bit of time with Callista in practice. Trying to show Callista how to ‘see’ her in Force Cloak.

“…Well, looks like Mart has a little ‘girlfriend’ now, as pointed out by Callista and Mart’s own behavior. A bit unexpected and…unfortunate. Miss Z seems to be a force sensitive also. I was trying to figure out what her motives for learning the force were, but ended up putting words in my mouth and ran off. Perhaps for the better. I hardly even know what to do myself. I suppose he will figure out what he wants to do sooner or later.”

Master Keyan, he was alive this whole time. I felt a wave of various emotions upon seeing him, yet in the end…through the shock, the lie, and the passive nature of phrases I too has become used to, he was there. I felt…happy? But this was not a thing Jedi really showed each other in as obvious a way as I had wanted, so I sassed him instead, hehe.”

“Seems the Sith have made some more presence on the planet now. I suppose that is how a war goes…”

Sandra goes to use the refresher and shower for several minutes. Her head leaning against the wall as exhaustion takes its place. The water runs down her pale form to the floor through to the water processing drain. The red hair laced on her form and hanging otherwise.

Kross got a lot stronger too. Seems he’s taken up to learning from the Dark Jedi or Sith. He wants to be everyone and anyone when he needs to be. I suppose we are similar in some regard, except I just use acting to solve a lot of issues. He wants to learn various Force Artes to fit any mold, which technically is possible, but functionally not very likely. I lost a duel to him in head to head combat. My mind as not in it at all. Not as if I would face most dark users head on anyways…that is what gas and subterfuge is for.

Sandra proceeds to just sit on the floor and keep her head down, pondering the results of the day. She massages her legs for a time and before getting out and drying off. The bed awaits her as she plops on it. Meditation would be a good idea, but…maybe she needed to live in the mind fog a little longer and brew before trying to organize it all. Regardless, she is out before she can finish most of that thought…

2 Likes