Selu'var - The Luka Sene

Found in Lenabwolf’s deviantart.
The image will be removed on request.

Name: Selu'var
Alias: Seer (Given by Kthira)
Race: Miraluka
Place of Birth: Alpheridies
Current Faction Affiliation: Luka Sene
Life for the Miraluka isn't as different as those with eyes would expect. Born to a family of clerks in Alpheridies, Selu'var was raised in relative comfort under the guidance of her parents, and given the necessary education to follow on their footsteps. At least, until the Force sensitivity present in all Miraluka proved a little stronger in her than the average member of her species, and she was found to be able to do more than just see through the Force.

Selu’var was presented to the Luka Sene, and her studies shifted from paperwork and administration to one more focused on her abilities. Unlike the Jedi of Culu Memorial Center, the training of the Luka Sene was less spiritual, and more academic in its nature. She was taught to apply the Force to her daily life, to improve herself and others, but always with measure and control. Even if the Miraluka - and by extension, the Luka Sene - didn’t quite believe in good and evil in the same terms that most other sentients did, they were still followers of the Light Side, and instilled those values into the young Selu’var.

As she grew into her early twenties, Selu’var began to feel a sense of wanderlust, stoked by something that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. Something on the edge of perception that she couldn’t quite locate, or really understand, like a lure in the depths of the ocean. It inspired the young Selu’var to travel out of her homeworld, without a real goal or destination in mind. She trusted in the Force to guide her to the right place. Even if that something was just an illusion of an overactive imagination, travelling would serve her to learn more about the Force, about the Galaxy, and herself.

In time, she hoped to prove herself worthy of being a fully fledged member of her order, and to grow into a wise educator and teacher. But for now? For now, she had much to learn, before she could teach.

6 Likes

Personal log: 0440.

It’s been almost an Alpheridian year and a half since I left home for the first time. Roughly six hundred galactic days, rounded down to make allowances for inaccuracies in timekeeping tools, lag, and more. I need to get an astromech to make these calculations for me.

I have found myself back in Viscara, in a much clearer state of mind than I was during my last visit. Other Miraluka have been around, as well - something that makes the homesickness feel less painful when I get a chance to speak with a brother or a sister this far from home.

The Force is, as always, a guiding beacon. I am following where it leads, and trying to bring with me some of the teachings of the Luka Sene. Most traditions are focused on religious and mystic approaches to the Force - and while valid, are prone to certain behavioural extremes I can’t agree with. That’s not to say all traditions are created equal: my disagreements with Jedi philosophy are amicable and anecdotical at best, whereas my thoughts about the Sith, their philosophy, and the way it’s used to justify atrocities are best expressed in a few choice Huttese words, rather than put to writing.

Regardless, I’ve decided to continue my studies and teaching as best as I can. I’m looking forward to work more closely with the Jedi, and the other organisations aligned with the Light Side. The threat of the Dark is too evident to ignore, and while I am not a warrior, myself, I can help others who are. I will start, as all things should, with proper education.

I have noticed that many Force Adepts tap into the Dark Side, at times without realising they are doing such. So, this will be my first step. All educational information will be forwarded to the Luka Sene archives in the homeworld, and, when relevant, to the Jedi Order.

1 Like

Personal log: 0441.

It’s been a few days since my last log.

Things have evolved in their own way, with little input on my end. I have found myself rekindling friendships with old faces, bonding with newer faces, and above all, learning.

I have learned that, in order to deal with the welled up anger and frustration of a student, the most important thing isn’t to punish that anger, but to show understanding, and helping that student work through it.

I have learned that the best way to teach someone isn’t to have the answers they seek, but to help them reach them by themselves. A lack of self-esteem, self-doubt, self-loathing, these things cloud one’s perceptions as deeply as a blindfold clouds the eyed. I have learned that a mediocre teacher would merely remove the blindfold, and tell a student to see. A good teacher takes the student’s hands to the blindfold, and lets them act.

I have learned of the poisons of others. Some are lines of code parsed through a vocabulator. Others are born of genuine cruelty, of resentment, of self-pity. All of them are born from the need to make others feel lesser, so that their own inadequacies aren’t spotted. I have learned to see these poisons in my own past, too.

I have learned that, to be a truly good teacher, I need to learn much more from my students than I can ever teach them.

The more I teach, the more I learn about myself through them. A few consider me a master, now. I don’t have the heart to tell them they are the ones teaching me. But I believe that, deep down, they are aware of it.

They honour me with their learning more than any words could.

An update to the Luka Sene archives.

Personal log: 0441-2 - Life Electrical

I think I’ve reached a breakthrough.

There was a Sith attack at the pyre. Two squads of commandos attacked us. I cannot fathom why they would waste regular troopers against a tactically useless target, let alone elites, but I can only assume that I don’t have all the information, and that movement must have made sense for their commander.

It doesn’t matter.

Life is a series of bioelectrical impulses. I noticed them just before their stealth generators turned off. It was a split second, but it gave me an idea. I’ve been approaching Field Detection from the wrong angle without a more experienced Luka Sene to teach me. I’ve been trying to see separate as something entirely unrelated. As something different and distinct.

It’s not so different. I can see life. Life generates warmth and bioelectrical impulses, generally. Electricity generates warmth, too. I need only to fine tune my sight, to train myself to see those things better…

I will try with my ship’s cables. I can perceive them at the edge of my senses, even without the Force. I just need to find the right angle to see them.

I can do this.

Another update to the Luka Sene archives.