[Suggestion] A few ideas

Hey, it me.

So, I’m mostly just tossing up a few things that I’ve had conversations with people about over the past few days.

1. Having areas with no environment/ toxic environment would be amazing for variety. Stuff like space walks, underwater, poison gas, etc. Likewise, to have something like space suits that can project against such things.

2. Now, this one is a bit more than the other. Languages. Our current language system feels horribly limiting, especially for something in the Star Wars universe. It’s almost impossibly slow to learn even a single language, let alone be good at the language. Likewise, there isn’t even a method of having a language that’s linked to a person’s background. In the Star Wars universe, it’s mind-bogglingly rare to only know and understand Galactic Basic, and not having access even to one additional language feels very immersion breaking. Especially for, as mentioned, people that should have a language that’s part of their backstory. It greatly limits what people can actually manage in their backstory, without the mechanics essentially overriding what was mentioned. For the actual suggestion, though, I’d say to at least have a mastered (or even mostly mastered) additional language to be chosen on character creation. Likewise, for additional language, to increase the speed at which it can be learned, and lower the limitation on how frequently you can actually earn the language. Would even be amazing to have some sort of language school that can aid the process. I get that learning a language is a long process, but it’s also a game.

2 Likes

This entirely, as it stands learning a language is stupidly long, limits the usefulness of them to next to non existent, my char for example should have known Huttese, yet I had to sit and scrimp for weeks with RP xp and such to even begin to use the language she SHOULD know.

Please fix!

i’d honestly like to see some changes to the language system, for instance, andro’s background contains the fact he should know mandoa but simply doesn’t, also years of wandering i’d add twi’lek, wookie and chiss languages to some extent. but i’m happy to put rp xp into those once i get a house and a nice XP bonus from said house

as for the environments, yes, i want to space walk

The grind for languages can be a bit steep yeah. I finally got Zain to 20 in Cheunh which works cos plotwise we had him be “adopted” by Chiss awhile back and he worked and studied hard to understand their language and culture (which we also kinda RP’d out hardcore)… he’s got about halfway to go still on Shyriiwook so hilariously approx half of what Wookies say come so out as growls… that kinda took like weeks and months though which parallels how long it can take to pick up a language in real life?

See, I do get the parallels to real life learning, but as I did mention in my post, it’s still just a game. It’s not really meant to feel like actual work for something like that. Make it take a while, sure, but not actually as long as it can take to learn a real life language. LOL

Right? Lol. I wouldn’t mind seeing it sped up or take a bit less XP points for ease of progression since its a big galaxy and there’s just so many different languages all the alien peoples speak.

All players will receive 40 language ranks to distribute as they see fit. This will be in the rebalance update.

4 Likes

I got listened to! Woot!

1 Like