Suggestion: Default Music for Properties

I don’t know how possible or easy/hard it would be to do this, but it would be cool if we could use a jukebox to set a default music for the area its in, whether apartment, house, or ship.

What do you mean by default? Like have it playing whenever you enter?

1 Like

yes, exactly, to use the juke box to set a specific song to be the default music for the area, and be playing automatically when you enter

1 Like

Makes sense. There’s a bit of work on the persistency side of things to make that happen. But it would be a good feature.

2 Likes

I kinda want some more music in the jukebox too. The selection is good but, you know?

The music is about 1 gig and after the next NWN update it’ll be a required download. To be honest, I would lean on the side of taking some of it out so we can get the file size down. From a technical standpoint we probably won’t add more music. If we do, we’ll take some other resources out along with it. Our content size is getting a little out of hand to be honest :wink:

Well… if we remove every ugly model from the CEP and keep only the good ones, our content size would probably be halved… :wink:

Lol. Agreed. I can’t seem to find anyone willing to go through and do that though! Including myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I would be happy to take out most of those ugly kilts from the robes

1 Like

By all means, have at it! :slight_smile:

Just make sure not to break anything and give me the IDs to remove in the menu.

1 Like

maybe we could start a thread to have everyone post what songs they use in the jukebox and flag those not to be removed, then go through the other songs and get rid of anachronistic stuff

1 Like

Yea, I’d really like to iron that out actually. Feel free to head up that project and ping me if you need help. I love it though. Thanks man!

2 Likes

For example, I noticed you guys have C&C USA Generals which is cool but there’s no C&C Red Alert Hell March and this makes me sad in the alternate history Russia feels, comrade. Lol.