[Suggestion] Medical Skill

So, I’ve been doing the Medic thing a while now, and right at this moment it’s not really useful in a real sense for the following reasons:

Health and FP Regen are pretty high and can be gained through stats and perks. They are slower, but cost little, comparatively.

Death isn’t a thing: People can respawn without cost (Your durability is triggered on going down, not on respawn) and in DM events, DMs generously revive anyone who goes down.

Force healing exists: You can heal almost as effectively and with a significantly lower cost in terms of time, Materials and SP by taking force heal over conventional healing and that’s at the current level of 40% force levels vs nearly 160% med skill plus materials.

Stims last less than one encounter frequently and certainly not any kind of event where RP is included.

Now, this is not to say that Med at the level I personally have it is not useful. It is -very- strong, but there are simply faster, easier and cheaper ways of getting that same effect and the only thing it offers that you can’t get elsewhere are Stims and Resuscitation kits.

Stims: Stims need a strong buff in terms of duration at least and power, charges and duration ideally. I propose that Stims all last 15 min at base and come in 5/10/15 strengths for levels 1-3 stat boosters respectively. I also propose the following, new stims:
Movement speed increase: 10/25/50% (Duplicates dash ability but without cooldown)
Regenerative Stimulant: 5/10/15 Health Regen (I feel we should take regen off normal heal kits and apply it here OR make this stim a temporary health buff)
Adrenal Solution: Damage reduction 5/10

Resuscitation kits
These are very useful, with the only drawback being you need to sink a lot of SP into the perk to use the strong ones, and something like 10 med skill to use any of them. I would recommend that a Basic Resuscitation kit require no perk or skill to use, but only ever revive someone to 1hp. Also, if we could take the combat restriction off using Resus kits it would be a big QOL change, as right now, if someone in the party is in combat, you cannot use a Resus kit.

2 Likes