[Suggestion] New type of buildings

Hydroponics : A place to produce crops (for cooking and herbal production). (Bulk production, place seeds or small samples and later the hydroponic multiply and add more units after some time)

Factory : To produce eletronic parts (Production in a bulk, place metal and organics, take the eletronic parts)

Refinery : To melt ore and produce bars (Production in a bulk, place ore, return later to take the bars)

Watch tower : Place guard droids to protect an area around the land, if attack the tower or other buildings.

Turret : To keep simple, something to shoot against someone if try to attack the control tower or other buildings

Store : Looks like a small bulding with an inner part, with a npc droid selling the products of the owner to others pcs.

Training grounds : A kind of inner arena, with combat droids for training. They do not give xp, but can be configured for physical combat or firing weapons. It is used for employee and owner training

Landing area : For construction, repair or landing and takeoff of ships. But in pratical terms, It can be used to dispatch materials and products to the colony without necessarily being forced to travel directly to the colony to sell your materials or products. It’s all placed in a cargo container for be take later, being deposited into credits in the owner’s account.

1 Like

Some cool ideas.

I will say, with the Hydroponics, I think a Horticulture skill would be a great complement to Cooking and Medicine for the purpose of raising crops such as questionable herbs, fibroplast, and the like for cooking ingredients, stims, and what not. Higher levels of Horticulture could let you grow better quality and larger yields of crop through your hydroponic systems.

Re:
Hydroponics : This was talked about when we discussed farming, and we like the idea. I’m sure it will be a part of fabrication when farming is added.

Factory : Interesting take… Worth digging into…

Refinery : Not sure about this one personally. Kind of defeats the purpose of the placable refinery. Maybe merge with factory so it could pick chosen what it produces at a time?

Watch tower : See below.

Turret : Base defenses are something we are looking into, but it has been pushed back on a priority list for the time being. Would love to see some ideas expanded onto this.

Store : This idea was/is in the works, the workshop was a step in this direction. It is definitely something we are going to have in time.

Training grounds : I could see this, maybe we could make it so durability doesn’t take hits in these areas so it could really be trained out to be a training place without killing your gear…

Landing area : I am sure this will be looked into when we get to space down the road.

Re: Training grounds : Alternatively, they could produce “training weapons” and “training armor”. It would not have durability problems, and would only do damage against training droids, and if it was used outside the training room, it would not work and would not cause damage and the items end destroyed. This would prevent abuse.

In practice, the training equipment would check a related TAG on the map, and if it were the same, it would initiate the training script (combat training area only, without xp, without loss of durability. Droids destroyed would then be automatically replaced if the room is re-activated or if appropriate, built new training droids.)

Re: Factory : Better to explain my point of view about this :slight_smile:

The general idea is to produce instead of 1 unit of a certain component, produce 10x or more until completing the factory Cargo space. The player would not gain xp by producing this, but would make it easier to work with the production of components, not ready-made products. Instead producing weapons, blasters or products, the factory make parts / components in a bulk. Take more time, not give xp, but produce “X” parts or components after some time.

On the player’s side, it would allow him to devote himself to other things, such as roleplay, seek raw materials, hunting, questing or other things, while the factory would passively produce these parts to the player. I do not say it should be easy or free, but a resource to value and justify living on a base, after investing money and time to produce a tower, drill, silo and other stuff. With all the risks involved, in exchange for a more practical way to get resources and profit from it.

Another detail is that if you have parts, components unique to the factory, you could value the importance of it. That is, instead of killing 500,000 mandalorians and looters for 50 circuits and electronics, after 24 hours (placing ingredients and materials) the factory could produce. Exclusive components and exclusive materials can spice things too.

I am totally necromancing this thread because there are some brilliant ideas here

while you can argue the reconstructor covers a good chunk, why not add some rng to that metal we don’t want to get the electronics we probably might not want but will use anyway. i don’t want to make a crap ton of daggers to break them to electronics, no i want all these ingots to start turning themselves into electronics with a chance that they will get the effects i want on them and even if they don’t that’s still stuff i can use for engineering xp

a grower would be more limited it will take a sample of one plant (herb or fiberplast) and only grow that one thign so for effectiveness you might need multiple growers so you can get say 15 fiberplast a day and 15 herbs everyday, 24 hours for 15 of each sounds a bit not worth it but when you hunt for herbs and fiberplast all day and find jack all or even on a bad day, nothing at all…there’s a garunteed 15 of each waiting in your house/apartment/workshop