Suggestion: Skill Gain Lock

I know we have a lock to prevent skill decay in those skills that you wish to keep at a high value, but it may be a good idea to also add the option to lock skills from gaining more points for people that want very specific values.

Perhaps a lock to prevent decay and another to prevent both gain and decay to give players a high degree of control over their skill points without them having to prevent skill decay across the board.

1 Like

It seems weird to me that you wouldn’t want to progress. Even if you don’t plan on using the skill long-term, it actually still helps you to earn additional skills. You get increased attributes and extra SP.

The way I see it working is you decay lock the skills you definitely want to train. Then if you happen to gain other skills along the way, they’ll eventually be removed as you continue to play.

I’m just not a fan of offering a way to totally remove XP gain personally.

A very good reason might be so that you don’t get ahead of a friend or a group of friends you’re playing with.

I had been thinking more in terms of a player not wanting to progress a skill they may have to use beyond a certain point for RP or build reasons, but not wanting to get too far ahead of a group of friends you play with does make sense. Especially where combat skills come into play.

This would allow you to abuse the current systems and grind armor skills to 100 by stabbing mynocks.

1 Like